BajaNomad

Is there a direct road from Agua verde to el secreto del mechudo

chrishaynesusa - 8-29-2024 at 10:02 PM

Looking for a few additional nights close to Agua verde that have few to no people.
does anyone know of a dirt road linking the two or points south?

[Edited on 8-30-2024 by chrishaynesusa]

agtosecret.jpg - 182kB

David K - 8-30-2024 at 07:53 AM

Have you looked at the satellite view for a road? On the INEGI topo map at/near your marker is a Rancho Santa Martha (you can see on satellite imagery: 25.4509, -111.0293 ). The ranch looks active, behind palm trees from a nice looking beach. However, I see no roads to it??!!

Harald, you got anything?

El secreto del mechudo

AKgringo - 8-30-2024 at 09:15 AM

That has an interesting translation to English! I have not explored the area south and west of Agua Verde, but it is on my bucket list.

Using Google earth I see trails of unknown level of difficulty, but none going directly to that beachfront. You might have to use a combination of trails and I.F.A. (I follow arroyos)

geoffff - 8-30-2024 at 09:53 AM

I don't see a way in. That looks like a wall of impassably steep slopes to the west. And north and south look pretty bad too. The nearest road is La Cumbre de Santa Martha, which is a house perched at the edge of cliffs.

4x4abc - 8-30-2024 at 06:06 PM

it is a super easy hike to Rancho Santa Marta
you can drive about the first 1/3 of the way

mtgoat666 - 8-30-2024 at 07:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  
it is a super easy hike to Rancho Santa Marta
you can drive about the first 1/3 of the way

Looks like you can drive to SE from agua verde bay, in the arroyo, and get about half way to santa marta, then a 1.5 mi walk. Easy peasy. Backpack and beach umbrella, and you are all set for a day trip, or overnite.