BajaNomad

Come invest with us - near Punta Colonet

Pages:  1  

Pilar2006 - 6-23-2006 at 07:46 AM

Come invest with us - near Punta Colonet. We have formed a group of 20 investors who are buying 11 beach front areas near Punta Colonet. The group is know as Playa de Arena. The parcel directly south of this property has become available. We hope to set-up a sister partnership called Costa de Arena. The focus is on eco-community. Partners are building homes for vacation & retirement and holding lots for appreciation. Working together as a group is fun, exciting, hard work and rewarding. Come in a take a look if you are interested.. www.bajainvestors.net
Thank you Maria Del Pilar

Don Alley - 6-23-2006 at 09:34 AM

Oh good. More "eco" development. Yep, just what the environment needs, more investors.

This post is just more

elizabeth - 6-23-2006 at 09:38 AM

:lol::lol::lol:
Love the spam can...and the sentiment...someday I'll figure out how to do stuff like that!!

Sharksbaja - 6-23-2006 at 09:44 AM

with a future grand view of................ a huge new container terminal. :wow:

Bob H - 6-23-2006 at 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharksbaja
with a future grand view of................ a huge new container terminal. :wow:

I read that the real big money will be coming form mining mineral deposits in the area. $75-billion dollars worth.
Bob H

Pilar2006 - 6-23-2006 at 11:07 AM

Nah, what Loreto needs is more eco-communities and less big greedy developers like .. well, look in the mirror. Don Alley from Loreto.. figures! You try to smear others to hide your greed! That qualifies you to run for US President.. lol

Paula - 6-23-2006 at 11:11 AM

Pilar, what is an eco-community?

Don Alley - 6-23-2006 at 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pilar2006
Nah, what Loreto needs is more eco-communities and less big greedy developers like .. well, look in the mirror. Don Alley from Loreto.. figures! You try to smear others to hide your greed! That qualifies you to run for US President.. lol

Unlike you, I have never used this board-and with my first post!-to sell something.

That's called SPAMMING on message boards. And I liked the Spam can gif, so I use it whan I can.:lol:

Loreto does not need more communities, eco or not. And you'll never get me to buy the concept that INVESTING in DEVELOPMENT of pristine, wild areas is somehow good for the ecology. So I won't be buying into your eco-communities, your eco-investments or your eco-greed.

If I look in the mirror I'll see a "big greedy developer?" :lol::lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 6-23-2006 by Don Alley]

JZ - 6-23-2006 at 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Alley

Unlike you, I have never used this board-and with my first post!-to sell something.

That's called SPAMMING on message boards. And I liked the Spam can gif, so I use it whan I can.:lol:

[Edited on 6-23-2006 by Don Alley]

Uhhh... last I checked this part of the board was called "Baja Real Estate Available" w/a commercial focus.

jerry - 6-23-2006 at 01:00 PM

WELL WHEN EVERYONE GETS TOGETHER TO WORK ON EACHOTHERS PLACES YOU WILL ALL GET SENT BACK TO THE BORDER ITS ILLAGLE TO WORK ON ANYONE PLACE BUT THERE OWN

Pilar2006 - 6-23-2006 at 06:33 PM

Don - with your personality I'm sure you don't have to worry about friends or family visiting you.. so Loreto is perfect for you. It appears your intelligence ends with a Spam Icon!

Unlike you, I share information and don't try to muddy the topic with child like comments... and I'll bet you are a bitter old man! Writing a message about property is in harmony with the intent of this section of the web site. Putting a silly Scam can on it ISN'T.

Now get out there and try to sell some more of your beautiful ghost town Loreto properties. When the Playa de Arena group opens their community it will be fully occupied with active, fun loving people and great neighbors.

Wipe those tears from your eyes and go talk to your big developers or maybe stand at the end of your street and listen for your echo.

elizabeth - 6-23-2006 at 06:56 PM

Quote:
Putting a silly Scam can on it ISN'T.

Do you suppose "scam" was a freudian slip?

Don Alley - 6-23-2006 at 08:10 PM

Quote:
Don - with your personality I'm sure you don't have to worry about friends or family visiting you.. so Loreto is perfect for you. It appears your intelligence ends with a Spam Icon!

Unlike you, I share information and don't try to muddy the topic with child like comments... and I'll bet you are a bitter old man! Writing a message about property is in harmony with the intent of this section of the web site. Putting a silly Scam can on it ISN'T.

Now get out there and try to sell some more of your beautiful ghost town Loreto properties. When the Playa de Arena group opens their community it will be fully occupied with active, fun loving people and great neighbors.

Wipe those tears from your eyes and go talk to your big developers or maybe stand at the end of your street and listen for your echo.

I don't dispute that you may post here regarding development and real estate investments.That's a decision soley for the moderators of the board. But I will reserve my right to criticize those whose only contribution to this board is an attempt to sell a piece of Baja and make money.

I will also reserve my right to be critical of those people whose response to unspoiled natural beauty is to try and turn it into money in their bank account. Even if...or maybe especially if...they cloak their project with eco nonsense.

Your posts on this board seem to say that I am a greedy developer and have Loreto properties for sale. Nope. Just one property, in town, where I live. That's what I came here for, not to make money. So at least some of the information you share is incorrect and only "muddies the topic."

You want to build and develop in Mexico. Good luck. I think you'll need it, because you don't seem to have a thick enough skin.

bajabound2005 - 6-23-2006 at 08:13 PM

Don AND Pilar -- it's getting old...Pilar has something to offer - maybe, but she has the right to post it! It's time to let it go and let everyone else judge for themselves!!!

Pilar2006 - 6-23-2006 at 08:24 PM

the difference is.. you offer nothing, condemnation "without" knowledge... again, I think you should run for public office.

Mother always told me to say something nice about a person even if they are the biggest jerk in the world....I like the bird icon!

find your own thread... time to focus on the good that's in life and leave the bitter behind!

Paula - 6-23-2006 at 09:59 PM

I would like to come to Don Alley's defense here, as I have known him for some time and feel qualified to do so.

Don has a delightful personality, and is frequently seen about town with assorted family members and friends. He is not bitter as he has nothing to be bitter about. He owns one lot with a lovely home in Loreto, and it is not for sale. He has never been involved in the real estate business, but holds no grudge against those who are.

He is a stand-up guy, and can hold his own in a discussion and really doesn't require a defense. But I don't like to see anyone maligned on this board in such a personal way by a person who has never met him and knows nothing about him.

Paula - 6-24-2006 at 06:44 AM

Thank you, Larry
:saint:

jimgrms - 6-24-2006 at 07:10 AM

Pilar i agree with Don , were you a time share sales person in your former life? checked the site no prices . what no elect fresh water roads are you folks just building campsites,

elizabeth - 6-24-2006 at 07:49 AM

Pilar-
I find it offensive that you post on this board solely to sell your property, and then personally attack someone who has been nothing but helpful to people who regularly read this board. And just in case you think this is all about friends coming to the aid of friends, you should know that I do not know Don. Your comments are arrogant and nasty...hardly a way to influence people to buy your property...and btw, you never did answer the question...what is eco development?

Bruce R Leech - 6-24-2006 at 08:07 AM

Pilar2006 I think that lencho raises some good points. and I am sure you did not realize when you made your first post what kind of a forum the Baja Nomads is. we are a strange grope of people that all share one interest. that would be Baja Ca. but the difference is we are all kind of like family we fight and joke and cry with each other but we will help anyone no mater who they are.

I thank the main reasons for you receiving so much negative feedback with this post is just like Larry says you did not introduce your self and become a Nomad before you dump your sales pitch on us. usually when some one dose this on there first post it is just Spam and we never here from them again. also the wording in both your post here and your website is vary flaky and tends to make me suspicious, you might try rewriting it with a little more sincerity.

if you really want to be a Nomad welcome we will help you learn the ropes. but if you just want to sell your project go away

Pilar2006 - 6-24-2006 at 10:15 AM

Thank you for your excellent observations and I truly appreciate those who have provided good input. I even appreciate your those coming to the aid of the Spam Can Man. And now let me response, if I may:
To:
Don Alley - (from Loreto) the can man living in Loreto - well, I guess that sums it up! If you don't like the heat then don't start the fire!
Sharksbaja - (Altra Nomad) ok, lol
Grover - (from San Diego) true! The question is how far out will the town extend.
Bajabound2005 - very matter of fact!
Bob H - (Super Nomad) yeap! We read the same thing but don't believe. We don't think anyone is going to stop Japan and China from saving billions of dollars. I won't want to be the person in front of this steamroller.
Paula - (another Loreto person). So explain the kind of person who would throw mud at a person who is following all the "rules" (maybe not customs) of the board. If one doesn't like a post there is a proper (Mexican) way of sharing your opinion. One does not have to be rude, insulting or childish. Maybe he is going nice to Gringos living in Mexico. Hmmm, that sounds familiar. To answer your question: an eco-community is one that is environmental friendly. The group, not me, decided to go this way. They are very interested in saving resources and are looking into adobe and straw bale homes, desalinization and solar. There is now a debate over dirt roads vs. cobblestone..
JZ - (Senior Nomad) very matter of fact!
Jerry - (Senior Nomad) true point. The object is to create jobs for Mexicans, not Americans. The group is more considered about working in their own gardens than building someone else's house.
Jim - put your glasses on! There are prices. Not only prices but our connect information, our family and everything about us! As opposed to you, who takes shots from the dark! Visibility created Creditability and you are at zero!
Elizabeth - you are too funny.. What is the webpage name? Oh, Real Estate Available,,, hmmm well, let's look at the posts.. hmmm .. hotel for sale, Lots for sale on the Bay, La Paz beachfront for sale! Gee, and you find it offensive for me to discuss real estate, interesting. As for being a member of this website, not that it is any business of yours, but my husband has belonged to this website for years! As for any attack, you need to go back to the top and go down the comments to find out who tried a lame attempt to discredit someone with ABSOLUTELY ON KNOWNLEDGE.
Bruce R Leech - very well written from Mulege. Not that it is your business, and I believe I read the rules about posts, that is why it is placed here, and not in ANY other category, my husband has belonged to this group for years. I didn't see any long write up from the other listing...are they all your buddies? I feel those who insult others "with no facts" desired to be insulted but I appreciate you standing up for your buddy. The can guy who started this debate.

As for the salesperson comment. One email to the bajainvestor group and two days is what it took to over subscribe Playa de Arena. If you know anything about Baja, selling beachfront property is easy - it's preparing the property to be sold and using the North American process that is hard.

To those living in Baja who think their naughty comments and half truths are going to stop other North Americans from coming to Baja - it won't work! To those living in Baja and giving factual information, you are to be commended. At a time when both sides are SO defensive you are the only bridge to unity. To those hundreds of folks who are going to read this, including the Playa de Arena group, please carefully look at the people making the comments to validate the information I gave you. Check the stars by the names, look where they are writing from and ask yourself what is their agenda, oh yes, and enjoy the humor of a Jim or Elizabeth telling a Maria Del Pilar about Mexico.

bajamigo - 6-24-2006 at 10:29 AM

Welcome, Pilar 2006. It takes a special talent to tick off so many people with the first posting out of your mouth. Let's call a sale a sale. In the US, your posting would have had the SEC and the NASD on your neck.

And if Don Alley is of a mind to retain as much of the original charm of Mexico that probably attracted him here in the first place, that is his right. He doesn't deserve the level of venom you've been spewing at him. This is a forum for the discussion, not polemics.

Bruce R Leech - 6-24-2006 at 10:32 AM

Wow well written Pilar2006 I think that you have shown that you care enough to answer every one that posted here. so you are definitely not a spammer in my book. in fact you answered with such class I think you are our newest Nomad.

Welcome as you can tell there a lot of us here that don't like developments here in Baja but we all know that they are inevitable and we do like it when they try to keep it clean like it sounds like you are trying to do. I think you can learn a lot frome the Baja Nomads fourm. and we can learn something frome you.

Baja Bernie - 6-24-2006 at 10:40 AM

It seems to me that Pilar would enjoy the off-topic board--I agree very much with Larry's evaluation.

bancoduo - 6-24-2006 at 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paula
Pilar, what is an eco-community?
A eco-community is a development that sets a very small piece of land aside to preserve the environment. Kind of take a lot then give a little back to nature.:mad:

bancoduo - 6-24-2006 at 12:30 PM

Pilar will gladly take your money; put it in the trunk of her BMW and guard it with her life. Where are the ROSIRITO 100 when you need them?:cool::cool::cool::lol:

[Edited on 6-24-2006 by bancoduo]

jimgrms - 6-24-2006 at 12:34 PM

Checked your site again , found one price a camp ground for 250,000 a awful lot of the nomads used to camp there for nothing also :barf:how can you get title to beachfront prop ? isn,t that mex gov propt, however i wish you luck ,in your endeavors,

JZ - 6-24-2006 at 01:30 PM

I think that is why so many attacked Pilar. There is real class difference on this board (rich, poor, and everyone in between), and I think that causes a lot of conflicts.

[Edited on 6-24-2006 by JZ]

Pilar2006 - 6-24-2006 at 02:31 PM

Hey bancoduo, your picture, number of stars, location and comment all go together, good job! I agree with your definition as it related to an eco-development. The major difference is that the eco-community is owned by the people who are designing it. And guess what... you won't believe this, but they "aren't coming from urban sprawl to be stacked on top of each other" I can't take credit for that comment..that comes from Tom is San Jose. I won't share his other comments.

jim - good job, you did found a price. I accept your apology. See, it's false statements, like your first one, that causes bad feelings. If you know anything about Mexican law you know anyone who camped on this land broke the law and 'm sure Nomads don't support breaking the law.

The first 20 meters belongs Mexican Government property and I don't think too many people want it! However, if you are Mexican and know the right people you can get it... look furture south for an example. Thanks, and I wish you the best

bancoduo - 6-24-2006 at 02:41 PM

Quote:
Hey bancoduo, your picture, number of stars, location and comment all go together, good job! I agree with your definition as it related to an eco-development. The major difference is that the eco-community is owned by the people who are designing it. And guess what... you won't believe this, but they "aren't coming from urban sprawl to be stacked on top of each other" I can't take credit for that comment..that comes from Tom is San Jose. I won't share his other comments.

jim - good job, you did found a price. I accept your apology. See, it's false statements, like your first one, that causes bad feelings. If you know anything about Mexican law you know anyone who camped on this land broke the law and 'm sure Nomads don't support breaking the law.

The first 20 meters belongs Mexican Government property and I don't think too many people want it! However, if you are Mexican and know the right people you can get it... look furture south for an example. Thanks, and I wish you the best
I happen to be president of the Zona Norte chamber of commerce. Drop in when you are passing thru.

[Edited on 6-24-2006 by bancoduo]

Pilar2006 - 6-24-2006 at 02:56 PM

Wow, I'm impressed! I will stop by and get your autograph.

I'm headed to Guadalajara the first week in July but I'll be headed your way July 21st. Just do me one favor, please comb your hair.

Don't mean to be rude but I'm afraid you might scare my grand children...

JZ - 6-24-2006 at 04:08 PM

We haven't seen this irreverence since the days of JR!

Pilar2006 - 6-24-2006 at 04:26 PM

Irreverence .. is that a gringo word that means I'm sorry for throwing mud at other people who post on this web site?

Or does it mean that you can make all the rude comments (refer to your two prior posts!) and it is "irreverence" when others respond in the same tone.
Write this down and try to remember it "do onto others as you would have them to do onto you!." Someone with a much BIGGER title than you said that!

P.S. JR? is that the son of JZ... lol

Damn, I guess I won't make a very good saleswoman! Must be my latin blood and gringo upbringing that doesn't allow me to put up with your macho "better than you" bs.

comitan - 6-24-2006 at 05:02 PM

Pilar welcome to the Nomads, what you quoted was the Golden Rule!

shari - 6-24-2006 at 06:24 PM

Que barbaro! I really enjoyed all that, especially the spam can and the woman who stuck up for Don...nice to have amigos eh! Now I feel guildty as I don't think I introduced myself either...so...Hola todos, soy Shari who lives with her husband Juan and daughter Sirena in lovely Bahia Asuncion. I've been living in baja for 17 years and worked as a whale researcher and english teacher at UABCS in guerrero negro. I love sailing, tecate, dancing, music, swimming, beachcombing, meeting new friends and hate developers and really drunk guys. OK...now I too have a real estate deal for ya....a pal of mine yesterday asked if I knew anyone who wanted to buy a lot....he is selling his for 5,000 pesos (under $500) here in Asuncion. He bought another house and wants to sell his lot. I know it's kind of expensive, maybe he'd take a trade of a BMW!!! Ha! There are a few houses and lots here for sale...I'm not a developer, but like to help my friends sell their places....nobody here has money to buy them so they need outsiders to buy. I do have a self interest though as if some gringos come here, maybe they can bring me some magazines and real butter!

Paula - 6-24-2006 at 08:31 PM

Hi shari, and welcome to Nomads-- ha-ha--( as Sirenita might say). I know you've been here about as long as I have.

Actually 2 women stuck up for Don, and one of them is his wife.:biggrin::biggrin::dudette:

Know what you mean about that real butter... we can usually buy it now in Loreto. The question is... is that a good thing or a bad thing?

bajajudy - 6-25-2006 at 06:30 AM

Hey ladies
You can buy 5k of New Zealand butter at Costco for under $20....that is definitely a bad thing.

Talking about a thread highjack:lol:

capt. mike - 6-25-2006 at 06:34 AM

Pilar..........put in and license an airstrip adjacent and i'll be you're voca nova.

Pilar2006 - 6-25-2006 at 07:05 AM

Capt... we both know that China and Japan are going to make sure there is an airport in Punta Colonet. The only question is "Will it be larger or smaller than LAX"

Bob and Susan - 6-25-2006 at 07:08 AM

oh yea that WILL happen....:lol:

maybe when our grandkids are OLD!!!

Pilar2006 - 6-25-2006 at 07:14 AM

"oh yea that WILL happen....maybe when our grandkids are OLD!!!"

Let's hope! .. but, with two super powers behind the project I don't think so.

It will be interesting because there willbe one super power against it ----- USA.

Maybe the election results will slow them down.

capt. mike - 6-25-2006 at 07:26 AM

and for the record......i don't know dick diddly about Punta colonet, frankly i am a dolt about most of the pacific side!
SOC is where i hang.........but i hope to ba a future owner someplace along the pacific for summer get a ways. like www.campolorenzo.com

Pilar2006 - 6-25-2006 at 07:30 AM

Hola Grover - Gracias! My husband has been a member of this board for years and warned me in his typical.. "the best wood in the world has a rough exterior"... one of these days he is going to make a direct statement that makes sense. Actually, maybe he did.. as he walked away he said "God help him" -- no Latin blood in mi marido.

Pilar2006 - 6-25-2006 at 07:42 AM

Capt. Mike - Do your home work if you are interested in Campo Lorenzo. We have been looking at real estate for years in that area. It's all about a Titulo.

[Edited on 6-25-2006 by BajaNomad]

Bruce R Leech - 6-25-2006 at 07:42 AM

It will help your Nomad credibility if you make some posts about trip reports or other things that interest you about Baja. and add some comments to other peoples posts. if the only thing you talk about is trying to sell your project people are not going to take a liking to it.

Pilar2006 - 6-25-2006 at 07:51 AM

Gee, another strange comment! If I were to talke about trip reports or other things I would go to the other areas. According to Doug, this area is for Available Real Estate.

I didn't read the rule about having to post a general interest story for every post placed here. Please direct me to that rule! Also, I checked the other posts in this area and general posts -- and guess what -- most of them don't have general posts (some do).

You are an Elite Nomad (?) and know this -- so what is your real problem... or your real agenda.

Your comments are completely out of line with the other 3 or more star members.

Bruce R Leech - 6-25-2006 at 08:17 AM

Pilar2006 I can see you have an attitude problem here.

I did not have any agenda other than I was one of the people here that was trying to help you.

I did not tell you to post a trip report in the real estate section. I was only trying to tell you to lighten up on your project posts and try to make some posts on something else that might interest some people here you can post them in the trip reports or general Forums. but I can see now that your only interests are selling your project so good luck

go back and read my posts I started out skeptical of you the you pulled the Wool over my eyes and won me over and now you have stuck the sword in me. that will only happen once. and that is only because I like to believe there is some good in everyone and I gave you a chance.

pilar2006$

bancoduo - 6-25-2006 at 09:05 AM

Can I buy a eco-lot with a full view of the future containership terminal? There is nothing better then the smell diesel in the morning.:lol::lol:

Pilar2006 - 6-25-2006 at 09:52 AM

Bruce - I appreciate your attempt to help me.. but I shouldn't need help, now should I!

I just placed a real estate post in "Real Estate Available." Without cause or knowledge, a couple of members decided to sling mud at me. I simply pointed out how rude and silly they were. At the same time I invited our group to watch this thread to view the range of gringo attitudes! I won't share their comments with you.. that would be like pouring gas on a fire.

Interesting that their are over 900 hits in two days. Trust me, they may look like new members but once this thread is over I don't think you will ever see them again.

Maybe you and the bullies on this site can stick to the topic "Available Real Estate." I don't mean to offend any of those who have stayed on the "topic." and the many senior members who have been outstanding.

Don't expect me to back down from the bullies, I may be Mexican and I may be female but I was taught to stand up to jerks and macho males!

My husband, a long time member, was shocked by Bob and Susan's rude comment! He has had several very good conversations with them and is very disappointed in them.

David K - 6-25-2006 at 10:16 AM

If my opinion matters to anyone, Pilar2006 posted an ad in one of the ad forums... Why this caused an uproar is strange to me...?? That is exactly what this forum is for REAL ESTATE.

She followed board rules... there is no requirement that people wanting to sell things first become close friends with the rest of Baja Nomad.

I have no interest in Punta Colonet other than the history of the area, which was named after a sailor named Colnett.

If you don't like what is being sold, why attack the person trying to sell...? That is not going to make him/her want to be a friendly Nomad, that you claim you want Pilar to be here.

"Can't we all just get along"??:biggrin:

sandbox - 6-25-2006 at 10:25 AM

Wow, this is an interesting little dust-up.

Given the shrill tone here I thought I'd better introduce myself (rather than silently reading all of your posts as I've been doing for several months now). It might cost me down the road if I don't!

I love Baja, I've been dozens of times, and I've got "the disease." I care very about about the well-being of the region, and I always try to honor the people, plants and animals who live there when I visit. FYI I have nothing for sale.

Pilar- I support your right to post as you please. If your project is indeed 1) legal and 2) environmentally sustainable then I wish you all the luck in the world. No doubt there is a bit of irony in the fact that a bunch of gringos jump all over you for developing real estate in your own country (if that is the case). But at the same time, the "eco" description is a bit fuzzy, and if you're trying to create a truly environmentally sustainable development that's a pretty high bar to reach. I share some skepticism with others on that point. Can you tell us more about how, specifically, this project will measure up on that criteria? My support would depend entirely on that point.

If you were doing something truly sustainable, I'm all for it. Anything short of that and I'd have to side with the critics who have seen Baja suffer through all too many ill-conceived real estate nightmares.

Hello other nomads- Que viva una Baja limpia!

capt. mike - 6-25-2006 at 11:14 AM

what's a titulo? a mammary gland on a dauschund?

not interested in owning.......i like renting, you can walk from a lease. Ain't nada guaranteed re land rights in a country that allows bands of roving thugs to decapitate cops.

nothing but corruption prevalent everywhere down there and it ain't gonna change in my lifetime. Mexico will always be AS IT IS NOW. A 2 classes state ruled by those with the money which promulgates and perpetuates their power. I thot Fox would be a welcome change - he's just like all his predecessors and to be followers. :light:

Pilar

Baja Bernie - 6-25-2006 at 11:16 AM

Do you know Bill and Berta Steel? Just nosy!

Bob and Susan - 6-25-2006 at 11:24 AM

selling your property is fine and good luck with your project but...

don't try to sell it telling people that "things will happen soon" like an international airport...it just won't happen

this is mexico...everything is slow....

Pilar2006 - 6-25-2006 at 11:24 AM

Hola Sandbox. it will be as "eco" and the group wants it to be. Me, I'm for a gringo resort but they are looking into bale-straw and adobe housing, solar, grey water systems, desalinization, etc.etc. I'm only one vote out of twenty. Yeap! I didn't use the gringo trick of keeping 51% ownership. The group comes from all walks of life. They are all very familiar with Baja, most of them travel to Baja several times a year and some of them own other properties in Baja.

They are very excited about working with their future neighbors in creating their own community and have all stated they don't want a "Cabo." Gee, I like Cabo. They are very outspoken (unlike me) and very active in our Town Hall Meetings. Should you like to correspond with them just send me your email address at pilarn99@hotmail.com and I will forward it to them and ask them to write you.
Sustainable.. I just hope we don't have to change the name from Playa de Arena to Campo de Arena
Sincerely, Maria Del Pilar

Pilar2006 - 6-25-2006 at 11:42 AM

Bob & Susan -
The major problem I have found with some of the gringos in Mexico is that they tell half truths. A lot of the stories that come out of Baja are half truths - so they can't be considered lies, but they are self serving. For example, where did I ever say "things will happen soon." I wrote an airport will come to the Punte Colonet. Did I say soon? today? tomorrow? next year? Anyone involved in Mexico knows nothing happens quickly in Mexico. If you are going to quote me try to "at least" quote me honestly! and good luck on selling the property... Sincerely, Maria Del Pilar

bancoduo - 6-25-2006 at 11:44 AM

In what community do you hold your townhall meetings? I don't see a town in your picture. Could you show more pictures?

Pilar2006 - 6-25-2006 at 11:53 AM

Renting is very smart in Baja as long as you don't build a $300,000 house on it. We have a Gringo friend who is trying to sell a $375,000 home on 99 year leased land.. right, any lease over 10 years (including extensiions is void)

I understand your comment but you can sub "USA" for "Mexico" and "Bush" for "Fox" and I could still understand your comment. Did you know there are more murders in Chicago and Baltimore "per capita" than any city in Mexico.

Titulo = Title

bancoduo - 6-25-2006 at 12:23 PM

Is your town on stilts to prevent flooding?
:?:

Bob and Susan - 6-25-2006 at 12:38 PM

ethicly you should't even mention
"an airport will come to the Punte Colonet."
because it may NEVER materalize...

Realestate sales in Mexice alreasy has a bad rep

electricty is 6 miles from our property and we may NEVER see it EVER!!!

just state the facts...i want to sell some lots...here they are...bring your money or walk away....

we'll be by next week and will take a look...

Pilar2006 - 6-25-2006 at 01:01 PM

bancoduo .. you are so funny! That is a subdivision owned by a Mexican lawyer, as everyone in Mexico, except you knows. The beachfront property goes for $160.00 a meter.. remarkable.

I think would you would comb your hair and read more you could make more sense. I'll pass on the autograph

Bob and Susan .. I accept your apology for the misquote.. I understand your attempt to tell people what they should do <<another great gringo trait.. are you a cabinet member of Bush's?>> If you want to read some real strong personal opinions stated as facts, just look back at the posts by Bob and Susan (the one's who tells others to "just state the facts"). You sell the property yet? Lets just call you the "Rude Gringos." Rude Gringos trying to define ethics for the rest of the world - some things never change.. and it isn't very funny to the rest of the world!
Sincerely, Maria Del Pilar

sandbox - 6-25-2006 at 01:09 PM

Thanks for info Pilar!

I'm a bit confused- you say your partners want sustainable design, but you don't??

I'm not interested as an investor at this point, but I am going to a business school focused on "sustainable practice" and I'd love to learn more about the project for that reason. As I see it, the [continued!] development of Baja is a foregone conclusion. The question is whether it will be a healthy form of growth. 95% of the major developments on the penninsula are of questionable wisdom in my humble opinion. I would love to see Baja become a shining example sustainable development moving forward. For example, there are tremendous solar and wind (tidal?) resources upon which to build green communities with a limited ecological footprint. The great thing about this kind of development is that it often attracts 'good' people (i.e. people who can apprecaite Baja responsibly).

A guy can dream, can't he?!

Pilar2006 - 6-25-2006 at 01:21 PM

bancoduo - and you are a President of something? Another half truth! Now, answer me this... what section of www.bajainvestors.net was that picture in? "Real Estate For Sale" or "Pictures from trips we have made to Baja." wow, hope you get well soon!

Pilar2006 - 6-25-2006 at 01:25 PM

Sandbox, Derek is in Africa for the next two weeks. If you send me your email address I can put the two of you in contact. I have a feeling the two of you will really hit if off. Derek has been surfing the Baja coast for years.

HALF TRUTHS

bancoduo - 6-25-2006 at 01:32 PM

Quote:
bancoduo - and you are a President of something? Another half truth! Now, answer me this... what section of www.bajainvestors.net was that picture in? "Real Estate For Sale" or "Pictures from trips we have made to Baja." wow, hope you get well soon!
Thats my point. I'll ask again. Whats with the GRINGO thing.:moon::moon::moon::P

[Edited on 6-25-2006 by bancoduo]

Bob and Susan - 6-25-2006 at 02:36 PM

pilar...i did not apoligize...sorry

i've read your webpage and it looks to me like you haven't even purchased the dirt yet...

it looks like you only have $15,000 in trust of the $186,000 you need to complete the sale....

for anyone here (Nomads) to put up money with you....you'd need to show what your track record is with this kind of partnership...

this deal looks very risky...sorry

Pilar2006 - 6-25-2006 at 02:59 PM

Hola - Bob and Susan.. I appreciate and respect your objective comments.

I agree with everything you wrote. But once again, you may want to speak for yourself and not others. Instead of "for anyone here (Nomads) to put up money with you...you'd need to show what your track record is with this kind of partnership...

don't you think this works better:

Pilar, nice website I can tell you have put a lot of work developing it. I especially like the "For Sale by Owner" section where you advertise property for your Mexican & American friends for free. You do the same thing. But Pilar, before we would ever put our money into a project like this you'd need to show us your track record with this kind of partnership. This deal looks risky to me... sorry

The only point I'd like to make is that the partnership you refer to is fully subscribed with a waiting list. The Trust is the deposit and the property is being purchased. These people are well on their way to creating their community. If you saw the Trust you must be impressed by the amount of information we share. Visibility creates Creditabilty.

If you are considered about us taking investors from your mulege project, you shouldn't. I have learned you can't talk a Sur person into a Norte nor a Norte into Sur. There are the fly-to and the drive-to people.

Looks very risky, nah, not in Mexico, nothing is risky in Mexico, especially not Mulege... lol
Maria Del Pilar

oldhippie - 6-25-2006 at 03:07 PM

This is my first post, so a bit about myself. I've been travelling the entire Baja peninsula for 20 years and have made about 10 round trips from San Diego to Cabo and back. I'm a longboarder and have surfed at least once just about every break there is. I'm also a baja real estate owner, 2 condos and a house in the Tijuana - Rosarito area. Therefore I have experience both in the development of Baja over time and the buying property in the restricted zone.

Pilar, I think, is associated with the people behind this website:

http://www.bajainvestors.net/

I considered their deals and decided no. It's my opinion that they are naive at best. Keep in mind this is a free opinion and you know what they say about them.

If you want to buy property in Baja, hire a real estate lawyer located in the nearest city. There's still risk involved, but it's the best way.

Also, I think the port facilities that MAY be developed near Colonet MAY just be done at Lazaro Card##as. I've been googling about this for a couple of months and am still not sure what really is going to happen, if anything.

http://www.hph.com.hk/business/ports/america/mexico/lct.htm

Pilar2006 - 6-25-2006 at 03:07 PM

Bob & Susan ...
wow.. now I understand the attack! But I don't think you should be concerned.. our partnerships are small and aren't going to have any impact on your developments...

Bruce R Leech - 6-25-2006 at 04:00 PM

Pilar2006 I think with your salesmanship you are going to go somewhare:?:

Pilar2006 - 6-25-2006 at 05:17 PM

oldhippie - Thanks for the comment. I am Maira Del Pilar a cofounder of bajainvestors.net, a group of people interested in vacationing and retiring in Baja. My husband, Darrell, designed and maintains the website. www.bajainvestors.net. The purpose of the website is to form groups to build their homes without developers and so we don't have to go it alone, sell property for our Mexican and American friends and provide truthful information, not the 1/2 truths that come out of Mexico and are listed on the web. After we spent 3 years searching for property, reading the web everyday, making two trips a month and talking, having dinner and meeting the families of many land owners we found our property. The property was too big for us so we set up the parthership. It took one emailing and two days to find our neighbors. We found there are many North Americans who don't want to pay the developers the big bucks, and like us, they don't want to go it alone. Salesman job? lol. Not needed. The real challenge, as I think you tried to back handedly point out, is preparing the land to be purchased and helping the Mexican property owner understand the North American Process of selling land.

Of course you have no support for your "naive at best" comment. But, then again, you qualified it as your opinion. We have surrounded ourselves with a very strong support team. Our attorney has lived her entire life in Ensenada, doesn't speak English, worked in the Government property department for many years and her husband is a judge's assistant -- you think she is naive? lol. Our engineer is one of four government certified engineers in the San Quintin area. He is extremely well know and respected. Use his name with any of the sellers and you immediately become more than just a buyer. The architect is also highly respected, doesn't speak English and has been a local all his life. We can find this quality of support because of I'm one of them and I fit in where others never will. I bridge the gap others until to try to widen. As for the Port.. give me a home on the beach with the roar of the ocean and I really don't care if the port is ever build. ESPECIALLY WHEN MY CHILDREN AND GRANDCHILDEN CAN COME VISIT ME ANY WEEKEND! Sincerely, Maria Del Pilar

bancoduo - 6-25-2006 at 05:41 PM

Quote:
oldhippie - Thanks for the comment. I am Maira Del Pilar a cofounder of bajainvestors.net, a group of people interested in vacationing and retiring in Baja. My husband, Darrell, designed and maintains the website. www.bajainvestors.net. The purpose of the website is to form groups to build their homes without developers and so we don't have to go it alone, sell property for our Mexican and American friends and provide truthful information, not the 1/2 truths that come out of Mexico and are listed on the web. After we spent 3 years searching for property, reading the web everyday, making two trips a month and talking, having dinner and meeting the families of many land owners we found our property. The property was too big for us so we set up the parthership. It took one emailing and two days to find our neighbors. We found there are many North Americans who don't want to pay the developers the big bucks, and like us, they don't want to go it alone. Salesman job? lol. Not needed. The real challenge, as I think you tried to back handedly point out, is preparing the land to be purchased and helping the Mexican property owner understand the North American Process of selling land.

Of course you have no support for your "naive at best" comment. But, then again, you qualified it as your opinion. We have surrounded ourselves with a very strong support team. Our attorney has lived her entire life in Ensenada, doesn't speak English, worked in the Government property department for many years and her husband is a judge's assistant -- you think she is naive? lol. Our engineer is one of four government certified engineers in the San Quintin area. He is extremely well know and respected. Use his name with any of the sellers and you immediately become more than just a buyer. The architect is also highly respected, doesn't speak English and has been a local all his life. We can find this quality of support because of I'm one of them and I fit in where others never will. I bridge the gap others until to try to widen. As for the Port.. give me a home on the beach with the roar of the ocean and I really don't care if the port is ever build. ESPECIALLY WHEN MY CHILDREN AND GRANDCHILDEN CAN COME VISIT ME ANY WEEKEND! Sincerely, Maria Del Pilar
A Baja lawyer and a goverment certified engineer. A architect who speaks no english. You may be the real thing but your posts raise a lot of red flags. Now there are a whole lot of first posts coming to your aid. Could there be a connection.

If you have anything to say to me let everybody hear it ; no more u2u's.

You should let this go. the hole keeps getting deeper and deeper.

[Edited on 6-26-2006 by BajaNomad]

Pilar2006 - 6-25-2006 at 05:54 PM

bancoduo - you must have missed this part of the Membership Rules:

You agree not to post or transmit any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, including, but not limited to, any material which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, violate the rights of others,...

Help? I just send each of your posts to the moderator. I think you are right, the hole keeps getting deeper and deeper. This is another post that has nothing to do with "Baja Real Estate Available." You have violated the terms of membership numerous times. I think many members are going to be shocked if you don't get the boot!

bancoduo - 6-25-2006 at 06:30 PM

Quote:
bancoduo - you must have missed this part of the Membership Rules:

You agree not to post or transmit any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, including, but not limited to, any material which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, violate the rights of others,...

Help? I just send each of your posts to the moderator. I think you are right, the hole keeps getting deeper and deeper. This is another post that has nothing to do with "Baja Real Estate Available." You have violated the terms of membership numerous times. I think many members are going to be shocked if you don't get the boot!
You have got to be a lawyer. Are you picking on me because I look like a worthless drunk.

About all the racial stuff. I have spent a lot of time in mexico and when someone calls me a GRINGO most of the time it's not a term of endearment. I have asked you about that a number of times and you won't answer. So I can only guess what your opinion is of us. I'am trying to stay within the rules of this forum; therefore I am really holding back on what I think of you.

no icons on this one.

Pilar2006 - 6-25-2006 at 06:45 PM

And just for the record, I call my husband a Gringo (some times I put another word in front of it) and after 10 years I'm still madly in love with him. Oh yes, and he's been a member of this site for a long time and remembers Susan Black, a wonderful lady.

bancoduo - 6-25-2006 at 07:02 PM

Quote:
And just for the record, I call my husband a Gringo (some times I put another word in front of it) and after 10 years I'm still madly in love with him. Oh yes, and he's been a member of this site for a long time and remembers Susan Black, a wonderful lady.
Idon't know who she is? I think its your way of telling me you have pull on this forum. I was raised in Point Loma I know how the system works. But I never cared.:P

eetdrt88 - 6-25-2006 at 07:59 PM

sure is alot of clownin' around goin on in this thread:lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 6-26-2006 by eetdrt88]

BajaNomad - 6-25-2006 at 10:41 PM

Quote:
...he's been a member of this site for a long time...

Since you've raised it as a significant issue; Dec 16, 2004 to be exact. About 9 total posts since then - mostly about the impending purchase of this property:

http://forums.bajanomad.com/member.php?action=viewpro&me...

http://forums.bajanomad.com/member.php?action=viewpro&me...

Regards,
--
Doug

Pilar2006 - 6-25-2006 at 11:30 PM

Thanks Doug -
Now the debate can start if that is a long time -
the developers and self-interest folks are going to say thats not long,
most people will say, heck, he's been there longer than most of them.
Then the developers and self-interest folks are going to say "look, not enough hits.. or wow, he wrote about property"
most will say "gee, they are all selling property, look at their posts. These are self serving hipocrites with low ethics who don't post their conflict-of-interest.
I say, 5 jerks out of 2,000 posts isn't bad! Sorry you all missed Bruce's last post. It was so pathetic that it was pulled off the thread. Come on Bruce put it back on.. I can take it.. I want the folks to see how pathetic you are!

Every time someone makes a response to my post that is not directly related to my post the member is breaking the rules of the website.

Every time someone makes a statement that is unsupported or has no true meaning (Like the Spam Can Man) it is a reflection on their character. So let's see what the famous 5 jerks have for us tomorrow.

PS thanks for all the U2U mail, if only I could post them lol

Pilar2006 - 6-25-2006 at 11:45 PM

wow Bruce R Leech's, Elite Nomad, last post was so bad that, NOT ONLY WAS IT TAKEN OFF THE WEB, but my response was also removed... is that called a cover up?

jimgrms - 6-26-2006 at 05:39 AM

Pilar give it a break already,just say prop for sale with a phone and wait for the calls , If it diddn't aggitate you nobody would jim

capt. mike - 6-26-2006 at 06:16 AM

Pilar............you lost this debate babe. :no:
you remind me of the ineffective lawyer whose jury is not even listening anymore out of boredom as he makes his last futile attempt at a closing argument to get his client off! He doesn't know when to shut up and throw in the towell. He's still talking while the judge is rolling his eyes wishing he's just get over it!:barf::no::o

Bruce R Leech - 6-26-2006 at 06:52 AM

Quote:
Thanks Doug -
Now the debate can start if that is a long time -
the developers and self-interest folks are going to say thats not long,
most people will say, heck, he's been there longer than most of them.
Then the developers and self-interest folks are going to say "look, not enough hits.. or wow, he wrote about property"
most will say "gee, they are all selling property, look at their posts. These are self serving hipocrites with low ethics who don't post their conflict-of-interest.
I say, 5 jerks out of 2,000 posts isn't bad! Sorry you all missed Bruce's last post. It was so pathetic that it was pulled off the thread. Come on Bruce put it back on.. I can take it.. I want the folks to see how pathetic you are!

Every time someone makes a response to my post that is not directly related to my post the member is breaking the rules of the website.

Every time someone makes a statement that is unsupported or has no true meaning (Like the Spam Can Man) it is a reflection on their character. So let's see what the famous 5 jerks have for us tomorrow.

PS thanks for all the U2U mail, if only I could post them lol

we are so glad that you came to us as our savior. we really need some one like you to tell us the rules.

I did not pull that post Doug did. I have no idea why. have you been leaning on the old report button:lol:

this is the most entertaining thread we have had in a long time there is something to be proud of no one has done this sort of thing since J.R. Died. you are getting lots of reads so you will be selling lots of Lott's.:lol:

wilderone - 6-26-2006 at 09:22 AM

"Interesting that their are over 900 hits in two days .."

Yeah, we haven't had this much fun since JR's postings. God bless 'im!

Bruce R Leech - 6-26-2006 at 10:26 AM

I don't think she wants to play anymore:no:

comitan - 6-26-2006 at 10:29 AM

Not good odds!!!!!!!!!

Debra - 6-26-2006 at 11:24 AM

You guys crack me up! , you are a bad, bad, Boys....

The woman posted an ad in a clearly stated area on this board for that purpose. What resulted is just silly. Okay, I get the fact that many see an ad and have flashbacks to a vacation being ruined by the hoards of timeshare "sharks", but, IMHO some of the responders to this post just have too much time on their hands and saw a chance to have a little fun (JR style)

Pilar, I have to agree with Capt. Mike........let it go, arguing with them just 'beats a dead horse' Most, if not all of the folks I've seen is this 'debate?' are very nice people (even "Nick Nolte"...........or is that Gary Busey?) :lol:

Good luck with your project. Sincerely Debra (AKA, Old, Old Nomad)

Bruce R Leech - 6-26-2006 at 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Debra
You guys crack me up! , you are a bad, bad, Boys....

The woman posted an ad in a clearly stated area on this board for that purpose. What resulted is just silly. Okay, I get the fact that many see an ad and have flashbacks to a vacation being ruined by the hoards of timeshare "sharks", but, IMHO some of the responders to this post just have too much time on their hands and saw a chance to have a little fun (JR style)

Pilar, I have to agree with Capt. Mike........let it go, arguing with them just 'beats a dead horse' Most, if not all of the folks I've seen is this 'debate?' are very nice people (even "Nick Nolte"...........or is that Gary Busey?) :lol:

Good luck with your project. Sincerely Debra (AKA, Old, Old Nomad)

Debra you are absolutely correct on each and every point you made:biggrin:

and we are going to miss here if she doesn't come back for more:lol:

Have a good day Debra

Debra - 6-26-2006 at 11:46 AM

Bruce, you are one of the most guilty of the "bad boys!" Come on, 4172 posts in less that 2yrs.? You live in paradise, get out! enjoy! Brendan and are going to have to pay you a visit, drag you away from your computer and out snorkeling! LOOK OUT, HERE WE COME! :lol:

Bruce R Leech - 6-26-2006 at 12:01 PM

I'm ready to do anything just get me out of here:no:

Pilar2006 - 6-26-2006 at 02:57 PM

Hola friends and neighbors - hope you are having a great day. Too much fun... caught you later

Maria Del Pilar

bancoduo - 6-26-2006 at 04:39 PM

Quote:
Hola friends and neighbors - hope you are having a great day. Too much fun... caught you later

Maria Del Pilar
I feel a song coming on.;)

Pilar2006 - 6-26-2006 at 05:52 PM

Darn Bancoduo.. you are just too cool!

Pilar2006 - 6-26-2006 at 05:55 PM

and Bancoduo .. you are right.. I'm going to tell the 20 investors tonight at 8pm that we can't have a town hall meeting because we don't have a town... lol got to run.. enjoy

Bruce R Leech - 6-26-2006 at 05:59 PM

she is milking this thing for all the posts and reads she can get. lets all help her out :saint:

bajabound2005 - 6-26-2006 at 06:02 PM

Here's an idea...let her post and NO ONE reply. Then this topic can die and make room for something more interesting. Like, let's get back to the Presidential Election.

Bruce R Leech - 6-26-2006 at 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajabound2005
Here's an idea...let her post and NO ONE reply. Then this topic can die and make room for something more interesting. Like, let's get back to the Presidential Election.

this is the funnest thread we have had in a long time why would you want it to die?:lol:

Bruce

Baja Bernie - 6-26-2006 at 08:40 PM

How about dropping it in memory of JR

bajabound2005 - 6-26-2006 at 09:24 PM

how about dropping it so Bruce can find something else to do with his time, like tend to his children?

Pilar2006 - 6-26-2006 at 09:54 PM

MULEGE Gest RANCH FOR SALE This ranch has a the Best Well in the Mulege aria Large House almost fineshed swiming pool and lots of extras. this is Titled Land http://www.mulegebaja.com.
info@mulegebaja.com

[Edited on 7-20-2005 by Bruce R Leech]

would someone please visit his tread. Real Estate Salesman needs to feel rightous.. lol

Pages:  1