BajaNomad

BAJA SINGLE LIFE

bajadock - 7-29-2007 at 07:29 AM

Curious how many singles are out there and how your singledom is any different in(or when visiting) Baja v. USA/CAN.

I am fortunate to have been befriended by some fun people since moving here. There are lots of unpretentious couples and singles, who enjoy cooking and home entertaining. Also, the local women are far more humble and simple than most found in socal or my previous 3 decades in Denver.

One more difference exists. The dearth of gringas relieves my coupledom friends of their need to utter those 6 dangerous words for any single, "You need to meet my friend".

So singles, how is your social life here?

DENNIS - 7-29-2007 at 07:58 AM

Humble and simple.

rhintransit - 7-29-2007 at 12:28 PM

my social life is fine. it's dating that's missing. in a small community, available compatable men are rare. on the other hand, as an attractive single woman, at least I am noticed, which is far different than the US where I, and middle aged women like me, feel invisible...

CaboRon - 7-29-2007 at 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rhintransit
my social life is fine. it's dating that's missing. in a small community, available compatable men are rare. on the other hand, as an attractive single woman, at least I am noticed, which is far different than the US where I, and middle aged women like me, feel invisible...

How small of a community? :?: CaboRon

bajamigo - 7-29-2007 at 08:20 PM

OK, Caboron, I'm aware of what's going on in your avatar. But 63 to what? Inquiring minds want to know!

:?:

63 days to step-off

CaboRon - 7-29-2007 at 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajamigo
OK, Caboron, I'm aware of what's going on in your avatar. But 63 to what? Inquiring minds want to know!

Well you've got me there ... I wasn't aware of anything going on in my Avitor ... perhaps there is a Jungian explaination. It is , however, an old Mexican travel poster that I thought was really cool.

:lol::lol::lol: In sixty-three days, at 0500 hours, I will be crossing the border at San Yesidro to begin my new life in Baja California Sur. :bounce::bounce::bounce: CaboRon

[Edited on 7-30-2007 by CaboRon]

bajadock - 7-29-2007 at 09:25 PM

I like the poster, too. 9 weeks? Nothing to it. 0500, eh? That helps my perspective in my quickie trip up to L.A. this week.

Jung? Some educated minds are on Nomad, thanks.

Bajame - 7-29-2007 at 09:44 PM

My life is simple now and enjoy the company of others but don't need anyone to be happy. At 63 I think my dating days are over as most guys go after the younger set. I meet a lot of friends and have so much fun that I don't miss having a relationship at all. :bounce:

bajamigo - 7-30-2007 at 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by CaboRon
Quote:

Well you've got me there ... I wasn't aware of anything going on in my Avitor ... perhaps there is a Jungian explaination. It is , however, an old Mexican travel poster that I thought was really cool.

:lol::lol::lol: In sixty-three days, at 0500 hours, I will be crossing the border at San Yesidro to begin my new life in Baja California Sur. :bounce::bounce::bounce: CaboRon

[Edited on 7-30-2007 by CaboRon]

Actually, my mistake about the avatar (as my wife pointed out, what I really had the question about was your "mood"). Anyway, love the avatar, and buena suerte on the day you cross into Baja. I can tell you as a recent jubilado, you won't regret a second of it.

:spingrin::spingrin:

DENNIS - 7-30-2007 at 09:30 AM

I really like those old posters but can't find them for sale less than an arm and a leg. Muy caro.

shari - 7-30-2007 at 09:38 AM

I was single for many years in Baja and it was a real challenge as there is LOTS of attention and guys showing up all the time..usually with beer or seafood offerings.I also enjoyed the acitivities, sporting events, and awesome dances where there was never a shortage of dance partners. It's FUN being single in baja but probably wont last long! Also lots of baja travellers to hang with. Now that divorce is on the increase there are some good men available....I ended up with a gem.

bajadock - 8-6-2007 at 08:33 AM

Interesting discussion related to this on "living alone". I am the only one in my household, but, share it with any who enjoy food, beverage, outdoors and unpretentious conversation. I reside as a single, but LIVE among many fun people and new friends.

I very much enjoy being "single" and the opportunities to meet new and interesting people, regardless of their relational status. THANKS BG, BB, BB5 and BA for sharing your homes with me and my friends.

Ken Cooke - 8-6-2007 at 04:31 PM

Back in the early '90s, I was the Tijuana player! :yes: My friends and I would drive down the 215, get cleaned up at Kenny and Woody's appt. near SDSU, load into his old Ford LTD, go to Revoluccion, collect phone numbers, and we'd be busy for weeks! :dudette:

But, after the divorce I went to San Felipe in April with Andrew/Gretchen and my friend Mike, and they were amazed at how the women were attracted to me and I wasn't even trying. Gringas, Mexicanas, whatever. I'm just a down brother from the I.E., but I guess they knew what was up! :lol::o Seriously, its all the same, I just don't take flirting too seriously if in the U.S. or in Mexico. Women are women wherever I seem to be. Sometimes I try to be the mac, but I usually let them be the mac...:light:

jeans - 8-6-2007 at 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Cooke
Back in the early '90s, I was the Tijuana player! :yes: My friends and I would drive down the 215, get cleaned up at Kenny and Woody's appt. near SDSU, load into his old Ford LTD, go to Revoluccion, collect phone numbers, and we'd be busy for weeks! :dudette:

But, after the divorce I went to San Felipe in April with Andrew/Gretchen and my friend Mike, and they were amazed at how the women were attracted to me and I wasn't even trying. Gringas, Mexicanas, whatever. I'm just a down brother from the I.E., but I guess they knew what was up! :lol::o Seriously, its all the same, I just don't take flirting too seriously if in the U.S. or in Mexico. Women are women wherever I seem to be. Sometimes I try to be the mac, but I usually let them be the mac...:light:

How does that song go??"

"Oh Lord, it's hard to be humble...."
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sorry, Ken...I just could not resist!:lol::lol:

Ken Cooke - 8-6-2007 at 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jeans

"Oh Lord, it's hard to be humble...."
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sorry, Ken...I just could not resist!:lol::lol:

I'm being honest...

capt. mike - 8-7-2007 at 12:04 PM

any swingers groups out there?:o:lol::saint:

Remember the old Eden resort at Loreto? the old Presidente grounds?
they had a clothing optional section, beach etc - the works.
it was a fun day trip a few years ago for 3 of us.

the hot tub rocked! :smug:

DENNIS - 8-7-2007 at 12:07 PM

Mike....

Are you an active member in the Mile High Club?

backninedan - 8-7-2007 at 12:34 PM

Mike, the days you are talking about were a hoot for sure. The Edan was the first place we stayed back then. The aerocal flight was a blast also, they started pouring shots the second the wheels cleared the ground. The hot tub area was wide open, even if you were conservative as my wife and I are, we were often invited to "share", we passed but it was nice to be asked. Too bad it was so badly mis-managed.

bajajudy - 8-7-2007 at 12:36 PM

We now have Desire here now. A clothing optional hotel and resort.....used to be the old Fiesta. We have books in their gift shop but our delivery guy said he didnt see any nekkid people. You can check it out when you are here for WON, Mike. it is just down the road from Costa Azul, which BTW is coming along very fast and might just be ready for you. Mayan resort opened last week...it is huge.

toneart - 8-7-2007 at 01:56 PM

Single life for men not great in Mulege. Mostly there are married couples and waaaay too many single men. Very few attractive or available gringas or latinas.

I have many wonderful friends here and our activities center around food. Yes, I do my share of cooking. I do go out to many of the great restaurants here; Scotty's, Equipales, El Patron. I make occasional appearances at Jungla Jim's, but I have a hard time with the smoke and the acoustics there. Jose Cuervo tends to get a little loud in there.:lol:

A good :dudette: would be welcomed.....
Interviews begin in January. Please send your resumes. ;)

tripledigitken - 8-7-2007 at 02:15 PM

toneart,

Where is Scotty's? Have not heard of it. Is Patron owned by the same people when it was Almeja? Thanks for the Mulege update.

Ken

capt. mike - 8-7-2007 at 04:20 PM

Ken - Scotty was the cook for Pierce at the Hacienda bar, Pelicano's reef.
Scotty left, bought Sal's restaurant across the square, the old rock lined entry, he now runs Scotty's. Sal has only the La Palapa rest on the highway now. Scotty is a top rate chef.

Now....back to the nekkedness!!

So - once i passed out next to the jacuzzi there after getting out to fill my wine tumbler.....it was near dark. I am not small, er...i mean my overall girth. A young nubile co-ed in the tub looked over , saw me there splayed on the grass and exclaimed, "Quick - we have to roll him back into the ocean! He might die!!"

i am swearing off public jacuzzis at nudie resorts until i get some time at a Vic Tanny gym!!

Mile high club? I am NOT a member personally. But - i have seen a few join the club.

BajaWarrior - 8-7-2007 at 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by toneart
Single life for men not great in Mulege. Mostly there are married couples and waaaay too many single men. Very few attractive or available gringas or latinas.

Ladies, don't forget to include a picture of your boat!

Minnow - 8-7-2007 at 04:43 PM

Ladies and Gentlemen, if you do find that special someone? I have current and up to date info on what it will take to get them immigrated to the US. I have not met an EX PAT yet who uses the MX hospital system, if they can help it. When you get old, I have heard that is kind of important :bounce:

Trust me, this info is much better than a condom. :o

toneart - 8-7-2007 at 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaWarrior
Quote:

Ladies, don't forget to include a picture of your boat!

:lol::lol:

Oh good! If she has a fine yacht, I might sacrifice my panga. :D

Ken,
Mike has answered your question about Scotty's. Absolutely the best...world class. We are very lucky to have him there. His staff of cooks and waiters are very well trained and could run the place themselves without losing quality. Well.......maybe Scott would check in ever so often. ;D It is the best selection of food I have ever seen on one menu. And he changes it every night. Very creative. Gringo Gourmet, or mmmmmmm-m-m-Mexican Magnifico..........you got it!:bounce:

bajadock - 8-7-2007 at 09:30 PM

After reading another thread on a different type of "catch", I am making a public statement about my next date.
1. I will post no photo of my "catch".
2. I will not detail bait type, area explored, depths, dive gear used nor method of engagement
3. The weight and age of the subject will be kept in confidence.
4. Details of "processing" rare anatomical areas will not be shared
5. Ethnicity will always be "none of the above"
6. My guide and his/her limo will not be photographed to protect innocent co-conspirators
7. "Sharing" of any of my catches is strictly prohibited
8. I may question others' methods, but never attack them for being different than mine. They may have an idea or two.
9. I promise to follow Mexican law re: dating. I will also promise to be properly protected from natural disasters associated with dating.
10. Will forever enjoy my single adventures in Baja for the rest of my days.

CaboRon - 8-8-2007 at 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajadock
After reading another thread on a different type of "catch", I am making a public statement about my next date.
2. I will not detail bait type, area explored, depths, dive gear used nor method of engagement
6. My guide and his/her limo will not be photographed to protect innocent co-conspirators
8. I may question others' methods, but never attack them for being different than mine. They may have an idea or two.
9. I promise to follow Mexican law re: dating. I will also promise to be properly protected from natural disasters associated with dating.

:lol::lol::bounce::lol: I SO PLEDGE !! :lol::lol::lol::bounce::lol::lol::lol:

toneart - 8-8-2007 at 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by CaboRon
Quote:
Originally posted by bajadock

:lol::lol::bounce::lol: I SO PLEDGE !! :lol::lol::lol::bounce::lol::lol::lol:

Take the pledge or take the plunge.:rolleyes:

bajabound2005 - 8-8-2007 at 06:28 PM

Bajadock only dates "daytime" dates -- those he's proud to show off in daylight hours (evening hours work, too, but he's not hiding anything!) Oh! And I would guess he's most sincere in his pledge. He's an honorable man.

Bob and Susan - 8-8-2007 at 06:30 PM

pimping???:lol:

bajamigo - 8-8-2007 at 06:53 PM

Tasteless.:biggrin:

toneart - 8-8-2007 at 08:40 PM

Quote:

Oh, I wouldn't say that. Do you have the sensory experience to make such a statement.:?::P

bajabound2005 - 8-8-2007 at 09:06 PM

Toneart -- you need to tone down! And Bob and Susan --- sounds like Bob talking.

bajamigo - 8-8-2007 at 09:11 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Oh, I wouldn't say that. Do you have the sensory experience to make such a statement.:?::P

Pointless.

toneart - 8-8-2007 at 10:02 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Pointless.

I thought not! Sensory makes a better point than self-appointed , self-righteous would be censors. The best censor is your index finger on the left mouse button. What are you doing lurking in a Baja Singles topic anyway?

One time when I was traveling in Oklahoma I saw a sign on the roof of a house that said, "TV Dirty, Turn It Off!" Take a que from that mouth breather.

Personally, I try not to offend on this board. I strive to be helpful, when I can answer a question. I call out hypocrisy wherever I find it. I do make attempts at humor. If you are offended by that, you have it within your power to choose not to laugh or to look the other way.

If you have read this thread, there are a lot more risque statements and references than mine. Anyway, we have a moderator. If the moderator thinks I have said something so horrible, he can let me know. He can delete it and I will honor his decision.

Back to the original question

frizkie - 8-8-2007 at 11:31 PM

BAJA SINGLE LIFE ROCKS!!!:bounce:;):yes::tumble:

gnukid - 8-8-2007 at 11:55 PM

The thing I appreciate a great deal about being single in Baja is that (generalizing) mexicans are far more willing to try out a relationship without the baggage, than the average american who overthinks it. Regardless of who he or she is, any nice person is a reasonable choice for a boyfriend or girlfriend, that is a quality in people that I respect and honor. If it works great, if it doesn't, no problem, move on, in the mean time you get to hold hands and take an evening walk.

Baja&Back - 8-10-2007 at 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike

Mile high club? I am NOT a member personally. But - i have seen a few join the club.

No autopilot, Mike??? :lol:

safarigirl - 8-30-2007 at 10:25 AM

Tony,
If interviews begin in January.....my girlfriends and I will be a little late :-)
I think you know I bring a small group of people to Mulege' on the way to San Ignacio Lagoon every year. This past March one of the group ran away with someone you know and we didn't hear from her for a week. Maybe this coming year we could see if some of those single Mulege' men might want to join my group for a dinner - something centered around food.....? Just a thought, don't know if there would be any interest.

toneart - 8-30-2007 at 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by safarigirl
Tony,
If interviews begin in January.....my girlfriends and I will be a little late :-)
I think you know I bring a small group of people to Mulege' on the way to San Ignacio Lagoon every year. This past March one of the group ran away with someone you know and we didn't hear from her for a week. Maybe this coming year we could see if some of those single Mulege' men might want to join my group for a dinner - something centered around food.....? Just a thought, don't know if there would be any interest.

Just so the members on this board aren't left wondering, Safarigirl has ID'd herself to me by U2U.

So, to answer her...........hmmmm...........this sounds like a tough decision............hmmmmmmmm..........I think I'm getting hungry already and it isn't even January.

Guys.........help me make up my mind. :?::rolleyes::cool:

DENNIS - 8-30-2007 at 11:29 AM

Are we back to bacon wrapped hotdogs?

BajaBruno - 8-30-2007 at 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS

I agree, Dennis. When you're not having sex, fatty food is a more appealing conversation. :lol:

toneart - 8-30-2007 at 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBruno
Quote:

I agree, Dennis. When you're not having sex, fatty food is a more appealing conversation. :lol:

That statement is like many men's idea of foreplay; They snap their fingers and point to the bed.

I prefer to savor, chew well, languish over a good meal and some good wine. This can be taken literally or metaphorically.
Spinal chills turn to a shiver, then a quiver, then a warm glow, then a heatwave. One does not push himself away from the table quickily. :wow:

DENNIS - 8-30-2007 at 12:40 PM

Quote:

That statement is like many men's idea of foreplay; They snap their fingers and point to the bed.

These days, I snap my fingers and point to the bed and my dog jumps up there.

toneart - 8-30-2007 at 12:44 PM

Quote:
Quote:

These days, I snap my fingers and point to the bed and my dog jumps up there.

:lol::lol::lol:

JZ - 8-30-2007 at 12:44 PM

Quote:

I prefer to savor, chew well, languish over a good meal and some good wine. This can be taken literally or metaphorically.
Spinal chills turn to a shiver, then a quiver, then a warm glow, then a heatwave. One does not push himself away from the table quickily. :wow:

You are a dirty old man!...but I'm sure the ladies love you...

toneart - 8-30-2007 at 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JZ
Quote:

You are a dirty old man!...but I'm sure the ladies love you...

Lust is only for the lurid. :lol::lol:

Cypress - 8-30-2007 at 12:46 PM

Dennis.:lol::lol:Hope your bow-wow is mange-free, don't want to go down that road.:lol:

DENNIS - 8-30-2007 at 12:49 PM

No way. Not after reading that mange thread.

capt. mike - 8-30-2007 at 01:35 PM

yeah, i have one but there's gotta be a reg someplace that prohibits it, doing it while "maintaining positive control"!:?:

safarigirl - 8-30-2007 at 01:39 PM

Not much of an answer to our offer....Looks like you guys are more interested in bacon-wrapped hotdogs than some beautiful gringas who'd love to meet you

Hook - 8-30-2007 at 02:31 PM

Quote:
Not much of an answer to our offer....Looks like you guys are more interested in bacon-wrapped hotdogs than some beautiful gringas who'd love to meet you

Would we have to be dipped in motor oil afterwards?

Cypress - 8-30-2007 at 02:38 PM

Hook.:tumble:Afterwards?:o :lol: Don't forget the sulphur.:o:lol:

safarigirl - 8-30-2007 at 02:52 PM

after what...

Hook - 8-30-2007 at 03:15 PM

Well............after you wrapped my hot dog with bacon.

Safarigirl, I am just having some fun with you here. The motor oil line is a tangent from a recent pet mange post. Cypress is having some fun, too.

Actually, a sulphur and motor oil dip would be the least of my worries if my wife found out about the gringas. :saint: What's deadlier than a redhead's wrath?

I must admit, though, I cant seem to find your original offer to someone about meeting gringas. :?:

safarigirl - 8-30-2007 at 05:50 PM

Hook,
I take small groups of singles, mostly women, to Baja a couple times a year. In April we stayed in Mulege' six days then drove to San Ignacio Lagoon to spend time with the whales. It occurred to me while we were there that it would be great to meet other singles for kayaking, dinner, whatever, to feel more like part of the community I love rather than just tourists looking from the outside in. When I lived in Baja I felt very isolated and would have loved meeting more singles. This thread made me think we could do it, but so far no one seems interested but would rather.......you guessed it.

Sharksbaja - 8-30-2007 at 07:10 PM

CaboRon - 8-30-2007 at 07:19 PM

Quote:
Hook,
I take small groups of singles, mostly women, to Baja a couple times a year. In April we stayed in Mulege' six days then drove to San Ignacio Lagoon to spend time with the whales. It occurred to me while we were there that it would be great to meet other singles for kayaking, dinner, whatever, to feel more like part of the community I love rather than just tourists looking from the outside in. When I lived in Baja I felt very isolated and would have loved meeting more singles. This thread made me think we could do it, but so far no one seems interested but would rather.......you guessed it.

Let me know if you plan on comming to La Paz.

-CaboRon

bajadock - 8-30-2007 at 09:16 PM

single

safarigirl - 8-31-2007 at 07:44 AM

CaboRon,
Would love to come to La Paz. Will you help me plan something there?
Last year we went to Todos Santos for a week - haven't been to La Paz since I lived there 10 years ago.

bajadock - 8-31-2007 at 08:38 AM

apologies, as I have experienced computer "ishas" past week. Singles, marrieds, others, are all welcome at my "PUB". Moving into my lower level apt 9/22. Likely completion now 2nd week in Oct.

Guests need only bring good attitude and willingness to stir conversation while wave watching.

BajaBruno - 8-31-2007 at 09:45 AM

Safarigirl, if Ron can get you to La Paz, I'll help out.

CaboRon - 9-1-2007 at 12:10 AM

Quote:
CaboRon,
Would love to come to La Paz. Will you help me plan something there?
Last year we went to Todos Santos for a week - haven't been to La Paz since I lived there 10 years ago.

I would be more than happy to help.

check your u2u

CaboRon

Baja_Girl - 9-2-2007 at 08:06 PM

...so for business reasons, I was checking email on my way from LA to Loreto last month and had to use my computer at the hotel office in Guerrero Negro. (Los Caracoles)
In walks a nice looking man, and being the curious (ok, noisy) person that I was (ok, am) , I glanced at the nice looking man's computer screen. (hey, I'm in a public place.)
And, he was logging on to www.amigos.com - a match making kind of site in english and spanish...
So, for anyone interested in meeting friends, that might be an idea. Anyone heard of it?

DENNIS - 9-2-2007 at 08:43 PM

Probably not. Sounds like he was looking for an "Amigo."

CaboRon - 9-2-2007 at 08:53 PM

Quote:
Probably not. Sounds like he was looking for an "Amigo."

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Baja_Girl - 9-3-2007 at 09:37 AM

...I didn't even try to talk to the guy in Guerrero Negro...I had (okay, have) an amigo who is very special to me...xoxox
lisa