Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  4
Author: Subject: BAJA SINGLE LIFE
bajadock
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-29-2007 at 07:29 AM
BAJA SINGLE LIFE

Curious how many singles are out there and how your singledom is any different in(or when visiting) Baja v. USA/CAN.

I am fortunate to have been befriended by some fun people since moving here. There are lots of unpretentious couples and singles, who enjoy cooking and home entertaining. Also, the local women are far more humble and simple than most found in socal or my previous 3 decades in Denver.

One more difference exists. The dearth of gringas relieves my coupledom friends of their need to utter those 6 dangerous words for any single, "You need to meet my friend".

So singles, how is your social life here?

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-29-2007 at 07:58 AM

Humble and simple.
rhintransit
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-29-2007 at 12:28 PM

my social life is fine. it's dating that's missing. in a small community, available compatable men are rare. on the other hand, as an attractive single woman, at least I am noticed, which is far different than the US where I, and middle aged women like me, feel invisible...

reality\'s never been of much use out here...
CaboRon
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Peacefull

[*] posted on 7-29-2007 at 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rhintransit
my social life is fine. it's dating that's missing. in a small community, available compatable men are rare. on the other hand, as an attractive single woman, at least I am noticed, which is far different than the US where I, and middle aged women like me, feel invisible...

How small of a community? :?: CaboRon

bajamigo
Super Nomad

Mood: hubimos llegado

[*] posted on 7-29-2007 at 08:20 PM

OK, Caboron, I'm aware of what's going on in your avatar. But 63 to what? Inquiring minds want to know!

:?:
CaboRon
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Peacefull

lol.gif posted on 7-29-2007 at 08:39 PM
63 days to step-off

Quote:
Originally posted by bajamigo
OK, Caboron, I'm aware of what's going on in your avatar. But 63 to what? Inquiring minds want to know!

Well you've got me there ... I wasn't aware of anything going on in my Avitor ... perhaps there is a Jungian explaination. It is , however, an old Mexican travel poster that I thought was really cool.

:lol::lol::lol: In sixty-three days, at 0500 hours, I will be crossing the border at San Yesidro to begin my new life in Baja California Sur. :bounce::bounce::bounce: CaboRon

[Edited on 7-30-2007 by CaboRon]

bajadock
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-29-2007 at 09:25 PM

I like the poster, too. 9 weeks? Nothing to it. 0500, eh? That helps my perspective in my quickie trip up to L.A. this week.

Jung? Some educated minds are on Nomad, thanks.

Bajame
Nomad

Mood: Baja Dreamin

[*] posted on 7-29-2007 at 09:44 PM

My life is simple now and enjoy the company of others but don't need anyone to be happy. At 63 I think my dating days are over as most guys go after the younger set. I meet a lot of friends and have so much fun that I don't miss having a relationship at all. :bounce:

We all want a peaceful world, filled with love and laughter, but we fill ourselves with anger and hate trying to fiqure out how to achive it.
bajamigo
Super Nomad

Mood: hubimos llegado

[*] posted on 7-30-2007 at 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by CaboRon
Quote:
Originally posted by bajamigo

Well you've got me there ... I wasn't aware of anything going on in my Avitor ... perhaps there is a Jungian explaination. It is , however, an old Mexican travel poster that I thought was really cool.

:lol::lol::lol: In sixty-three days, at 0500 hours, I will be crossing the border at San Yesidro to begin my new life in Baja California Sur. :bounce::bounce::bounce: CaboRon

[Edited on 7-30-2007 by CaboRon]

Actually, my mistake about the avatar (as my wife pointed out, what I really had the question about was your "mood"). Anyway, love the avatar, and buena suerte on the day you cross into Baja. I can tell you as a recent jubilado, you won't regret a second of it.

:spingrin::spingrin:
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-30-2007 at 09:30 AM

I really like those old posters but can't find them for sale less than an arm and a leg. Muy caro.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 7-30-2007 at 09:38 AM

I was single for many years in Baja and it was a real challenge as there is LOTS of attention and guys showing up all the time..usually with beer or seafood offerings.I also enjoyed the acitivities, sporting events, and awesome dances where there was never a shortage of dance partners. It's FUN being single in baja but probably wont last long! Also lots of baja travellers to hang with. Now that divorce is on the increase there are some good men available....I ended up with a gem.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
bajadock
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2007 at 08:33 AM

Interesting discussion related to this on "living alone". I am the only one in my household, but, share it with any who enjoy food, beverage, outdoors and unpretentious conversation. I reside as a single, but LIVE among many fun people and new friends.

I very much enjoy being "single" and the opportunities to meet new and interesting people, regardless of their relational status. THANKS BG, BB, BB5 and BA for sharing your homes with me and my friends.

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Its Pole Line Road time

[*] posted on 8-6-2007 at 04:31 PM

Back in the early '90s, I was the Tijuana player! :yes: My friends and I would drive down the 215, get cleaned up at Kenny and Woody's appt. near SDSU, load into his old Ford LTD, go to Revoluccion, collect phone numbers, and we'd be busy for weeks! :dudette:

But, after the divorce I went to San Felipe in April with Andrew/Gretchen and my friend Mike, and they were amazed at how the women were attracted to me and I wasn't even trying. Gringas, Mexicanas, whatever. I'm just a down brother from the I.E., but I guess they knew what was up! :lol::o Seriously, its all the same, I just don't take flirting too seriously if in the U.S. or in Mexico. Women are women wherever I seem to be. Sometimes I try to be the mac, but I usually let them be the mac...:light:

jeans
Super Nomad

Mood: Encantada

[*] posted on 8-6-2007 at 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Cooke
Back in the early '90s, I was the Tijuana player! :yes: My friends and I would drive down the 215, get cleaned up at Kenny and Woody's appt. near SDSU, load into his old Ford LTD, go to Revoluccion, collect phone numbers, and we'd be busy for weeks! :dudette:

But, after the divorce I went to San Felipe in April with Andrew/Gretchen and my friend Mike, and they were amazed at how the women were attracted to me and I wasn't even trying. Gringas, Mexicanas, whatever. I'm just a down brother from the I.E., but I guess they knew what was up! :lol::o Seriously, its all the same, I just don't take flirting too seriously if in the U.S. or in Mexico. Women are women wherever I seem to be. Sometimes I try to be the mac, but I usually let them be the mac...:light:

How does that song go??"

"Oh Lord, it's hard to be humble...."
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sorry, Ken...I just could not resist!:lol::lol:

Mom always told me to be different - Now she says...Not THAT different
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Its Pole Line Road time

[*] posted on 8-6-2007 at 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jeans

"Oh Lord, it's hard to be humble...."
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sorry, Ken...I just could not resist!:lol::lol:

I'm being honest...

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 8-7-2007 at 12:04 PM

any swingers groups out there?:o:lol::saint:

Remember the old Eden resort at Loreto? the old Presidente grounds?
they had a clothing optional section, beach etc - the works.
it was a fun day trip a few years ago for 3 of us.

the hot tub rocked! :smug:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-7-2007 at 12:07 PM

Mike....

Are you an active member in the Mile High Club?
backninedan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-7-2007 at 12:34 PM

Mike, the days you are talking about were a hoot for sure. The Edan was the first place we stayed back then. The aerocal flight was a blast also, they started pouring shots the second the wheels cleared the ground. The hot tub area was wide open, even if you were conservative as my wife and I are, we were often invited to "share", we passed but it was nice to be asked. Too bad it was so badly mis-managed.
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-7-2007 at 12:36 PM

We now have Desire here now. A clothing optional hotel and resort.....used to be the old Fiesta. We have books in their gift shop but our delivery guy said he didnt see any nekkid people. You can check it out when you are here for WON, Mike. it is just down the road from Costa Azul, which BTW is coming along very fast and might just be ready for you. Mayan resort opened last week...it is huge.

toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 8-7-2007 at 01:56 PM

Single life for men not great in Mulege. Mostly there are married couples and waaaay too many single men. Very few attractive or available gringas or latinas.

I have many wonderful friends here and our activities center around food. Yes, I do my share of cooking. I do go out to many of the great restaurants here; Scotty's, Equipales, El Patron. I make occasional appearances at Jungla Jim's, but I have a hard time with the smoke and the acoustics there. Jose Cuervo tends to get a little loud in there.:lol:

A good :dudette: would be welcomed.....
Interviews begin in January. Please send your resumes. ;)

Pages:  1    3  4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.