BajaNomad

People who swim naked in Baja at semi-secluded locations are...

islandmusicteach - 10-21-2007 at 10:56 PM

OK tonight's poll ....

People who swim naked in Baja at semi-secluded locations are ...

[Edited on 10-22-2007 by islandmusicteach]

islandmusicteach - 10-21-2007 at 11:01 PM

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=27561

voters???

islandmusicteach - 10-21-2007 at 11:12 PM

Last I checked, there was 30 views of this post but only 3 (!) voters. :no: Go ahead and vote - it's a secret ballot! :smug:

Debra - 10-22-2007 at 04:57 AM

Boy, oh Boy.......I'm probably ruining my "swim time" even answering this poll. But........

At night when my son is sleeping, I love nothing better than to go down for a "nature swim" (and before anybody that knows me and knows where I might enjoy my swims gets any ideas (I know who you are!) let it been known, I carry my swim-suit on my arm in case I have unexpected company.

Okay, one more thing (before "P" outs me) If I'm clam steaing from nasty neighbors I wear full suit. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Diver - 10-22-2007 at 05:35 AM

Stupid poll.
The subject has been done and done.

HotSchott - 10-22-2007 at 06:22 AM

Swim naked, surf naked, fish naked, dive naked, camp naked, hot tub naked.

If a hotschott is naked in the desert and nobody is there to see does it really matter?

Debra: Swimming naked with your suit around your arm is major cheating - like swinging at the pinata without the blindfold.

There is no newdity like an old dity.

islandmusicteach - 10-22-2007 at 06:55 AM

Sheesh Diver, it's just for fun. Some people get offended when you call their posts stupid... :lol:

David K - 10-22-2007 at 07:00 AM

Maybe it should be clear if two of the choices: "Free spirited, fun loving..." and "Keeping the Baja spirit alive" mean in an area where there is nobody around to know you are even there, far from local population or near a town where locals could see you like Shari's Canadian friends...

Hotscott is correct Debra, naughty, naughty... toss that swimsuit far away!:o:light::rolleyes:

vandenberg - 10-22-2007 at 08:23 AM

How could you possibly pass up "perverted fiends and childmolesters".:biggrin:

bajalera - 10-22-2007 at 01:25 PM

However you feel about skinny-dipping and how isolated the spot seems to be, don't be surprised if a Mexican on a horse suddenly appears, following a trail you didn't happen to notice.

shari - 10-22-2007 at 01:35 PM

Juan swims thongless all the time on deserted beaches and HE'S mexican:saint:

Bajagypsy - 10-22-2007 at 02:11 PM

My Mom and dad always told me, it was good for the soul to swim naked, so we do!

Sharksbaja - 10-22-2007 at 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari

Trolling?:lol:

Martyman - 10-22-2007 at 03:49 PM

Slow trolling with a worm works well for ladyfish

Bob and Susan - 10-22-2007 at 03:59 PM

yea...

isn't jaun afraid of something "looking" for FOOD!!! :lol::lol:

ALL the fish i've EVER seen in the ocean have TEETH!!!:lol::lol:

OUCH!!!:lol::lol:

Minnow - 10-22-2007 at 04:16 PM

In the Amazon they have a fish that is looking for something else. If he swims up there, you are in trouble.

DENNIS - 10-22-2007 at 04:30 PM

What does Semi-Secluded mean? Have you ever been driving along out in the middle of nowhere and seen people standing by the side of the road? You ask yourself, where did they come from? Where do they live? You can't see a house anywhere, or roads except the one you're on. One minute you're semi-secluded and the next, you're in a crowd.
The point is, just because you can't see them doesn't mean they can't see you.

Pappy Jon - 10-22-2007 at 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
The point is, just because you can't see them doesn't mean they can't see you.

Ya know, at this point in my life I don't care. If somebody wants to see my neked bod on a Baja back beach, shoot, I'll give them chairs and pour the 'ritas. :lol:

But, judging from my love life [or lack of] I suspect that ain't gonna happen and they will probably be barfin' on the back dunes from the disgusting sight. :O

Oso - 10-22-2007 at 06:48 PM

Needs another category:

Risking a really uncomfortable jellyfish sting.:lol:

DENNIS - 10-22-2007 at 06:49 PM

Pappy.......

Yeah...I agree. We just have to be careful so we don't scare the kids.

docsmom - 10-22-2007 at 10:10 PM

It's a matter of respect. I did things 20 years ago that might have been considered "scandalous" but would be harder to recreate today. It was always in a secluded area and it was easier to find a secluded beach back then .....
A dip alfresco is a delightful thing. Certainly in my private backyard pool, always acceptable, even today. My neighbors would have to climb onto the wall or hire a cherry picker to see something. I think my neighbors are too old to do that but if they go to the trouble they deserve to be frightened by what they see...........
The beach at midnight............ I might still toss off my clothes and have a run for it today but I haven't been drunk enough and wandering the beach at night lately........ maybe it'll be my new years resolution!:light::bounce::

[Edited on 10-23-2007 by docsmom]

BAJACAT - 10-22-2007 at 10:28 PM

PEOPLE WHO SWIM NAKED IN BAJA AT SEMI-SECLUDED LOCATIONS AREE My kind of people,when we are young we provably did some crazzy things,so this doesn't offend me and thats the naked truth ....

[Edited on 10-23-2007 by BAJACAT]

says it all

mulege marv - 10-23-2007 at 07:16 AM

;D;D;D;D

46200432542PM74631.jpg - 5kB

BAJACAT - 10-24-2007 at 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mulege marv
;D;D;D;D
:lol::lol::lol::biggrin::yes::tumble::bounce:

shari - 10-25-2007 at 07:53 AM

Interesting that the poll is neck in neck...a near tie...and I figure seeing as the majority of posters are...um...."more mature"...I guess that's not too bad. I think that this is just one more reason baja is awesome...there are still lots of semi secluded beaches where you can be NATURAL!

Barry A. - 10-25-2007 at 11:15 AM

In my some 55 years of camping on the beach in Baja, I cannot remember one trip when I did not do some skinny dipping, but it was usually (but not always) after dark------------it feels sooooooooo good!!!

I have a shower hooked up on the side of my camper where I always bathe sans clothes after dark, both in the USA and in Baja-------and that feels soooooooo good also. :lol:

If someone were silly enough to shine a light on me, then they deserve to see whatever they see, and like Pappy says, "so what???" :O

Pappy Jon - 10-25-2007 at 11:42 AM

Quote:
I think that this is just one more reason baja is awesome...there are still lots of semi secluded beaches where you can be NATURAL!

Actually, my favorite dipping is done in palm oasis. Less likely to step on da'stingrays. :lol:

[Edited on 10-25-2007 by Pappy Jon]

On the other hand

Skipjack Joe - 10-25-2007 at 11:52 AM

I was camping at Cabo Pulmo many years ago when it was still permitted. There was a hippy chick who lived out of a yellow school bus in the corner of the cove by the stone house. I guess she felt that clothes were a 'hangup' that people have and never wore any.

It made us feel very uncomfortable. Since we were all fishing together it was hard not to stare. And yet the stare was met with anger on her part. I suppose we were all supposed to treat her as very normal and go about our business as such.

Oh, and by the way. She did not have a great body.

Barry A. - 10-25-2007 at 12:57 PM

SkipJack-----

The opposite can happen, also. I was running the Rogue River in Oregon once when we (and many others) encountered 5 Wolf Creek girls lying on the beach neked------several people (males) in other boats were really upset, and screamed (litterally) at them to put on clothes, and were totally ignored, of course. The girls in our boat thought the whole thing was a riot!!

I was amused, and somewhat amazed, at how seemingly "upset" these other guys were-----these were all young girls and VERY attractive-------to each his own, I suppose. :?:

[Edited on 10-25-2007 by Barry A.]

Bob H - 10-25-2007 at 07:48 PM

WOW - this thread has over 1500 views and only 28 replies. Popular topic, no?
Bob H

elgatoloco - 10-25-2007 at 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob H
Bob H

I think some keep checking back looking for photos. ;)

vandenberg - 10-25-2007 at 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by elgatoloco
Quote:
Originally posted by Bob H
Bob H

I think some keep checking back looking for photos. ;)

Gato, I put one up and it was removed.
And it was of a nice free floating gal, who didn't need any buoyancy help.:P:P

jimqpublic - 10-26-2007 at 10:58 AM

A & D, unless they look like my mother-in-law, then E.

Thought this fit

Baja Bernie - 11-1-2007 at 05:55 PM

Found this saying and somehow thought it fit here......

"Being naked approaches being revolutionary; going barefoot is mere populism." John Updike

Osprey - 11-1-2007 at 06:24 PM

I can appreciate some innocent skinny dipping if the dippers are young, beautiful and polite. For me, no. At home I keep my clothes on when I shower in the house. My wife must understand and appreciate my style because she just washes and hangs out to dry my wet shorts and T shirts after I change into dry clothes. The thought of anyone (wife or others) being freightened out of their wits at a mere glimpse of my cadaver-like corpulence keeps me appropriately conservative, almost prudish.

turtleandtoad - 11-1-2007 at 07:10 PM

What's with choice C?

Do you actually think that Mexicans don't skinny dip?

Ever been on Requeson during Easter week? Mexican campers are not as inhibited about their body as the gringo's!

BajaWarrior - 11-1-2007 at 08:07 PM

Quote:

Ah, but Shari, you've converted him, you devilish woman!:P

Bob and Susan - 11-2-2007 at 06:09 AM

hey turtle
if you're in washington
you're NOT naked!!!:biggrin:

shari - 11-2-2007 at 07:55 AM

Yahoooo, the free spirited souls have taken the lead! I knew we could do it. Maybe I should post more pics to keep all the lurkers happy.

turtleandtoad - 11-2-2007 at 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob and Susan
hey turtle
if you're in washington
you're NOT naked!!!:biggrin:

You got that right!!!

Actually, I'm in The Dalles, OR. and it's at least dry and a little warmer (55). But not enough that I got the urge to stop at Rooster Rock on my way up the gorge.

It'll come though, our next long stop is Death Valley! How's that for warm and naked!!:lol:

We're slowly working our way south and expect to be on the border by the first week of Dec.

Mexitron - 11-2-2007 at 07:03 PM

Shouldn't being free-spirited, fun loving , and playful be the same as keeping the Baja spirit alive? ;)

DENNIS - 11-2-2007 at 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mexitron
Shouldn't being free-spirited, fun loving , and playful be the same as keeping the Baja spirit alive? ;)

OK...Could be. Maybe fodder for a new thread:

WHAT IS BAJA SPIRIT ?