BajaNomad

Ponga information: Los Barriles?

gpm414 - 12-3-2007 at 08:03 AM

I'm considering purchasing a 22' ponga for fishing near La Ventana. I spoke with a local this past week who has a very nice 22' ponga with a 90 hp Honda four stroke. I've been out with him and the boat is a very sweet ride. He told me that the local builder in La Paz is no longer in business, but there was a builder in Los Barriles that is making an even nicer boat. Is anyone aware of this builder's name and location in LB? Any information appreciated.

Don Alley - 12-3-2007 at 08:16 AM

It's on the hiway at Los Barriles. "Embaracaciones y Accesorios Van-Diaz"

Lupe Diaz
Luis Diaz

(624)141 0721

Km 110 Carratera al Sur Via Larga, Los Barriles BCS

email: embyaccsvandiaz@prodigy.net.mx

Minnow - 12-3-2007 at 08:17 AM

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=25732#pid2452...

Cypress - 12-3-2007 at 08:21 AM

Don Alley, Nice boat!:bounce: Is it named after the country song?:D

Don Alley - 12-3-2007 at 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cypress
Don Alley, Nice boat!:bounce: Is it named after the country song?:D

There are several songs with "Jack of Diamonds" in it. I sing a verse from "The Cuckoo:"

Jack of Diamonds, Jack of Diamonds
I know you, of old
You robbed me, of my silver
You robbed me of my gold

Boat as "hole in the water that you pour money into."

Also, a family of hard fighting, fork tailed fish: jacks.

El Jefe - 12-3-2007 at 10:02 AM

"Jack of Diamonds is a hard card to play." Bob Dylan

Nice Boat!

gpm414 - 12-3-2007 at 10:48 AM

Thanks for the fast replies. I'll be in LB next week and stop in to see what he is building. Although the center console super ponga is impressive, 25-30K without motor is a little beyond the budget. For me, the standard 22' sport fishing model with a new four stroke Honda would serve me very well. Maybe I can find an older model that has been refurbished, or one that needs to be redone to fit my needs. Thanks again for the info and links...great help. Any leads on used pongas in La Paz/LB area? :D

gpm414 - 12-3-2007 at 05:12 PM

Thanks for the spelling lesson and checking the local message board. It's probably better to fish from a panga than a ponga.;D