BajaNomad

SHERLOCK HOLMES in 'THE CASE OF THE TRACKS'

Pompano - 11-29-2008 at 09:47 AM

IDENTIFYING FOOTPRINTS AND TRACKING WITH SHERLOCK HOLMES AND DR. WATSON

...We'll start our mystery with these footprints outside the motorhome door.

"We know whose feet belong to these prints, right, Watson?"

"An easy one, Holmes...obviously these fellows are the culprits...Raccoons!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------

AND STILL MORE TRACKS....

"Come along, Watson. We must hurry - The games afoot."

"I say, Holmes, old chap. It appears you've found the quarry. Pardon my Ogling."

"Elementary, my dear Watson, elementary..and I may Ogle myself a bit."

"INDEED HOLMES, and might I add....EXEMPLARY!! GOOD OGLING!!..WOO-WOO!"

"Don't ogle, Watson. I've found yet another unique set of tracks. We're are hot on the scent, so to speak. The time for all this Ogling is Over."

(for Ogling viewers)

CLUES = 2 in this post

[Edited on 12-5-2008 by Pompano]

TMW - 11-29-2008 at 10:49 AM

Excellent deductions Holmes.

Barry A. - 11-29-2008 at 11:24 AM

Ahhhhhhhh, South Mission Beach--------such nice views there.

Excellent "tracking", what???

Barry

toneart - 11-29-2008 at 11:47 AM

I say, Holmes! Indeed there is Hope, Faith and ....um....Chastity(?)...no, no, no...it's Charity. This old heel has been kept on his toes, following the trail that is afoot herewith.
A charitable visual has been kicked my way. Soon I will be trekking through San Diego, where print after print leads to all-blond thong barers. Eye candy for we bloodshot, shoeshod soles.:O:cool:

Raconteurs (or is that, Racoonteers?)unite! The search continues, with tongue properly tucked and laced up tight. Onward!.........

[Edited on 11-29-2008 by toneart]

toneart - 11-29-2008 at 11:13 PM

Pompano,
Sorry, I seemed to have killed your string, and it had such a wonderful start. My own advice to anybody, regarding my puns, is "Don't encourage me." Obviously they are way ahead of me, and smarter too. :(

Well, I will encourage you!....... MORE! :yes:

TONY....I SENT HER YOUR WAY. SHE WILL BE THERE SOON, I PROMISE.

Pompano - 11-30-2008 at 02:20 AM

She's a fast walker, but just in case...keep an eye out on Highway 1...she likes the beach.

P.S. I gave her your cellphone number and she's calling you now, I believe.
p.s.p.s. This last photo in not a clue, just another chance to Ogle.

[Edited on 12-4-2008 by Pompano]

Santiago - 11-30-2008 at 07:10 AM

Pomp: where does she put the phone when she's not talking on it?

Russ - 11-30-2008 at 07:18 AM

Santiago, Santiago, Santiago.... Who lets watch and see :bounce:

[Edited on 11-30-2008 by Russ]

Udo - 11-30-2008 at 10:00 AM

Is this "evebabe?"

toneart - 11-30-2008 at 01:57 PM

St. Santiago,
I believe her left hand (in the last photo) is in the 'ready to stash' position.

Quote:
Originally posted by Santiago

BajaGringo - 11-30-2008 at 02:17 PM

Keen eye Tony...

;D

Santiago - 11-30-2008 at 07:51 PM

Silly me, of course, she'll never stop talking....

Tony..that 'ready to stash' position is a learned habit.

Pompano - 11-30-2008 at 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by toneart
St. Santiago,
I believe her left hand (in the last photo) is in the 'ready to stash' position.

Quote:

she got it from her mother......Oh God, I'm in trouble again for this one...:rolleyes:

THIS PHOTO IS NOT A CLUE BY ITSELF, JUST ANOTHER CHANCE TO ..OGLE.

[Edited on 12-4-2008 by Pompano]

Santiago - 12-1-2008 at 08:53 AM

Pomp: did you just post a photo of your daughter/neice/grand-daughter scratching her behind on the internet??? You are in trouble.
Oops - I didn't mean to imply that the model is your daughter AND neice AND grand-daughter - you know - the "Chinatown" thingy. I meant "OR". Really.

"BY JOVE, WATSON, A NEW SET OF TRACKS!"

Pompano - 12-1-2008 at 09:25 AM

Quote:
Pomp: did you just post a photo of your daughter/neice/grand-daughter scratching her behind on the internet??? You are in trouble.
Oops - I didn't mean to imply that the model is your daughter AND neice AND grand-daughter - you know - the "Chinatown" thingy. I meant "OR". Really.

Santiago..I covered MY tracks. Please note that I never showed a clear face for indentification or gave out Tony's actual address.:saint:
I admit to having a few neices and two granddaughters. After that I plead the Fifth Amendment and hopefully will survive this thread.;)

Meet my favorite 'neice': I call her Peanuts and she is very important to this investigation. She may present us with a clue.

"Watson, this set of 'rails' is most interesting. What do your eyes tell you?"

CLUES = 2 IN THIS POST

bajaguy - 12-1-2008 at 10:09 AM

A train got David K

toneart - 12-1-2008 at 10:31 AM

Well, I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in. Given that poor woman's train-to-Helena plight, I deduce that my condition is certainly not swollen. Now, as for my head condition, some have said it is a bit swollen. I can't imagine why they would say that.

Pomp, your girlfriend "Peanuts" is one ugly broad. I bet you found her in Georgia.

Sorry I haven't thanked you sooner for sending the thong blond to me. As you British Richards full well know, a good excuse is, I have been working, ahem, under cover. :tumble::yes:

Diver - 12-1-2008 at 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
A train got David K

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Looks like a spot along the mighty Columbia.

Maybe he jumped into the river ?? :biggrin:

Skipjack Joe - 12-1-2008 at 11:06 AM

If the next clue is the picture of Mrs. Kier holding up the two corbina again I'll be very disappointed. :(

[Edited on 12-2-2008 by Skipjack Joe]

Pompano - 12-1-2008 at 11:21 AM

My dear Igor...Watson and I have cleared David K's mother of any culpability.. in this current affair of the cap at least. Any opinion we may have on her possible malevovent peripherial actions will not affect our investigations here.

Hmmm.....

Pompano - 12-1-2008 at 11:24 AM

The trail grows warm.......perhaps our prey has gone to ground in that General store?

CLUES = 1 IN THIS POST

longlegsinlapaz - 12-1-2008 at 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skipjack Joe
If the next clue is the picture of David K's mother holding up the two corbina again I'll be very disappointed. :(
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Pompano, I'm guessing that a Modelo truck didn't get him, since last I knew, Skamania wasn't on any Baja map! ;)

BajaGringo - 12-1-2008 at 12:38 PM

Stevenson, WA

:biggrin:

David K - 12-1-2008 at 12:48 PM

That hat sure gets around!

hats 020r.JPG - 39kB

Skipjack Joe - 12-1-2008 at 02:46 PM

This is actually a good thread, Roger. It's a new idea and pretty entertaining. Lead the viewer as you unravel a mystery. The bare flesh and humor sprinkled throughout adds considerably. I wouldn't be surprised if this leads to other similar threads by nomads. Very creative.

Santiago - 12-1-2008 at 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pompano

Meet my favorite 'neice': I call her Peanuts.

Whoa - the resemblance is striking.

Camping on the trail of the Got Baja Hat Caper

Pompano - 12-2-2008 at 06:35 PM

There is a clue in every story.

A CLASS 'A' ANECDOTE:

Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson were camped in Baja somewhere near The Three Sisters. They pitched their tent under the stars and went to sleep. Sometime in the middle of the night Holmes woke Watson up and said: “Watson, look up at the stars, and tell me what you see.”

Watson replied: “I see millions and millions of stars.”

Holmes said: “and what do you deduce from that?”

Watson replied: “Well, if there are millions of stars, and if even a few of those have planets, it’s quite likely there are some planets like earth out there. And if there are a few planets like earth out there, there might also be life.”

And Holmes said: “Watson, you idiot, it means that somebody stole our tent.”

This Anecdote brought to you by....

CLUES = 1 IN THIS POST

Skipjack Joe - 12-2-2008 at 09:15 PM

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Just when Watson had finally gotten the grasp of deductive reasoning, Holmes turns the table on him again. Pobrecito Watson!!

SHERLOCK HOLMES UNLEASHES THE BAJA NOMADS

Pompano - 12-3-2008 at 06:21 PM

"Dear Baker Street Irregulars and BajaNomad readers:

Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson formally request your help in deciphering the meanings of these Got Baja? caps left behind by some mysterious wearer.

Please respond with your best guess, theory, or hunch regarding the following photo clues. Tally ho, the game is indeed afoot!

Here is the latest discovery. I dare say, Most ominous. Melons..Mmm..come and get eM.

CLUES = 1 IN THIS POST

Paula - 12-3-2008 at 06:40 PM

I think the message is:

Cut open those watermelons and Viva la Vida!!!!!!

Russ - 12-3-2008 at 06:45 PM

I think the message is:
he's on his way to the watermarooon?

toneart - 12-3-2008 at 08:27 PM

I dunno! Pink caps, big melons and Baja conjure happy thoughts. Sure hope we are tracking a woman.:O:yes::cool:
Throw in a boat and cerveza and I'm there!:tumble:

Pompano - 12-4-2008 at 09:58 AM

Egdes

Holmes - "toneart, old chap....A woman?...maybe...but the clues continue. When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

Watson - "I say, Holmes, that was most astute..even for you."

Holmes - "Oh, quit nattering, Watson. We have work to do. What do you make of these latest clues?"

Welcome to the Edge.

These clues were found along the edges of the Columbia Gorge area. Watson, please tell the people about the danger and importance of these edges, they are quite unsafe...those edges can give way at any moment and there has been fatalities in the past...so tell them to please pay strict attention to the Edge...wherever it may be."

CLUES = 1 IN THIS POST

toneart - 12-4-2008 at 01:39 PM

This is getting funnier by the hour. Great sign! Great Shaggy Dog Joke!

I showed the clues to my dog and he indeed said ten woofs. :?:
And I am getting edgy without getting any sharper. Clueless. :(

All I can come up with is: a female Oregonian lost her damned hat, after slipping into the Columbia River while eating watermelons.
:no: Well then....never mind. :spingrin:

CLUE NO. 9

Pompano - 12-4-2008 at 08:11 PM

Holmes - "toneart, old chap....A woman?...maybe...but the clues continue. When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

Holmes - "OOOh, quit nattering, Watson. We have work to do. What do you make of this latest clue? It is the ninth so far."

CLUES = 1 IN THIS POST

David K - 12-4-2008 at 08:16 PM

Thanks Roger for showing the hat having such a good time!:bounce:

CLUE NO. 10

Pompano - 12-4-2008 at 08:47 PM

"This trail has more twists and turns than a black mamba, Watson. An enigma of the Nth degree. Now it has taken us to N..nnn..orth daaa..kota...brrr...cold here in the North country, right old chum?"

"We must hurry with solving this Non-stop mystery, Holmes. I have an appointment to teach the alphabet to the Baker Street Irregulars."

CLUES = 1 IN THIS POST

CLUE NO. 11

Pompano - 12-4-2008 at 08:59 PM

A cap in spotted in this stand of Pines.

This nice young lady told me the cap was tied to the tail of her Pooch.

The cap was also found at Mama's on top of this Pullover.

"Watson...all three of these Photo clues have something in common. What can you deduce from that?"

"Harumph...well, I really can't say, Holmes. As I told you, I am rather preoccupied with my appointment to teach the alphabet."

CLUES = 1 IN THIS POST

Some dude with a camera..and a hat.

Sharksbaja - 12-4-2008 at 09:24 PM

FINAL CLUE...NO. 12

Pompano - 12-4-2008 at 09:41 PM

"Hmm...Watson, these next photos happen to be the last clues we will get. We must make the most of the resources at our disposal. How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?"

"Harumph..Can't say that you EVER said that to me, Holmes. Must be thinking of your brother, Mycroft...Harumph. And now I must be off...alphabet class, y'know...harumph."

"Irrelevant, my dear Watson. Alphabet class can wait. Take a look at these photos of the cap next to the Ocean scenes..what do they have in common....hmm."?

Oceans?..O-ceans! - alpha-....EUREKA Watson! I have it, by Jove! This mystery is solved."

"Harumph..if you so, Holmes."

"Come now, old chap...surely you know by now the nefarious owner of this mystery cap?"

"Can't say I do at that, Holmes. Seems I don't possess the superior investigative mind of the Great Sherlock Holmes.....or the ego, either."

Easy now, dear Watson, don't get your panties in a bunch. Let's review all these 12 clues together and perhaps you will see what your mention of that Alphabet class means to my deduction. I can tell you this, my dear fellow and roomie, there are 12 clues..no more, no less....and, as in most puzzles, the clues are not presented in the order which leads to their meaning. We must juggle their letter meanings and sequence to find the answer...much like Germany's 'Enigma' encoder."

"Shall we begin?"

CLUES = 1 IN THIS POST

12 CLUES IN ALL..NO MORE, NO LESS

Pompano - 12-4-2008 at 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharksbaja

Of course it is me, Corky...but can you prove it with the clues presented?:yes:

tick-tock-tick-tock

Skipjack Joe - 12-5-2008 at 06:45 AM

M - mama espinosa
ND - north dakota
O - oregon
J - Jimmy Carter
B- bridge

B _ J _ NOM_D

Confound it, Holmes! There just aren't 12 letters in bajanomad.

I know we can get this. Let's put our heads together:

[Edited on 12-5-2008 by Skipjack Joe]

sherlock-holmes-dvd-3.jpg - 38kB

longlegsinlapaz - 12-5-2008 at 08:25 AM

P As in Pooch/Peanuts/Pines
O As in Ocean
M As in Mama
P As in Peanuts/Pooch/Pines
A As in Alphabet/'A' Ancedote/Anonymous
N As in North Dakota/Niece
O As in Onions

eM in reverse is Me....the clueless thread starter....clueless only in that you've given all 12 clues out! ;)

"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." = Redundant/misleading/meaningless clues

Is your last name Edge?

David K - 12-5-2008 at 08:29 AM

Ah ha!!!:bounce:

Pompano - 12-5-2008 at 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by longlegsinlapaz
P As in Pooch/Peanuts/Pines
O As in Ocean
M As in Mama
P As in Peanuts/Pooch/Pines
A As in Alphabet/'A' Ancedote/Anonymous
N As in North Dakota/Niece
O As in Onions

eM in reverse is Me....the clueless thread starter....clueless only in that you've given all 12 clues out! ;)

"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." = Redundant/misleading/meaningless clues

Is your last name Edge?

longlegsinlapaz...you have not solved the mystery yet.

There are 12 letter clues to this mystery...remember?

P as in Pooch, Pines, and ? - YES

O as in Ocean - YES

(M as in MAMA'S? - NO - NOT CORRECT - find an 'M' somewhere else. No M in the post mentioning Mama's, although there is a redundancy in that post for another letter already found...search and ye shall find.)

P as in Peanuts - YES

A as in ANECDOTE, ANONYMOUS - YES

N as in North and Niece - YES

O as in Onions - YES

HALF OF THE MYSTERY (PLUS THE MISSING 'M') IS NOT SOLVED.

THERE ARE 12 CLUES..12 LETTERS ... POMPANO IS ONLY 7 LETTERS.

tick-tock-tick-tock

Bob and Susan - 12-5-2008 at 09:10 AM

m = the shirt and hat is on a Mannequin

And now for my reward, Roger ....

Skipjack Joe - 12-5-2008 at 09:47 AM

I want that sweet thing with the cell phone in the 6th image. But with melons like those in the 13th image.

No, you say?

Well, a fella can dream, can't he? <in low gravely voice>

ATT000033-1.jpg - 13kB

Pompano - 12-5-2008 at 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob and Susan
m = the shirt and hat is on a Mannequin

Close, Bob, but no cigar..read that post's pic captions again...

-A cap in spotted in this stand of Pines.
-This nice young lady told me the cap was tied to the tail of her Pooch.
-The cap was also found at Mama's on top of this Pullover.

longlegsinlapaz - 12-5-2008 at 11:46 AM

M = Mountains!!! But that doesn't get me any closed to the solution!

WAIT!!! POMPANO'S CAP???? POMPS BAJA CAP?? POMP Y BAJA CAP??

Edit: I suppose you're going to tell me that an ' doesn't constitute a letter? <raised eyebrow>

[Edited on 12-5-2008 by longlegsinlapaz]

Deal...or ..NO DEAL!

Pompano - 12-5-2008 at 01:18 PM

Quote:
I want that sweet thing with the cell phone in the 6th image. But with melons like those in the 13th image.

No, you say?

Well, a fella can dream, can't he? <in low gravely voice>

Igor...like the song says, "Dream a little dream on me...." I would like to introduce you to my clue manager and fishing consultant, I. Candy.

She has nothing whatsoever to do with our Sherlock mystery, but I feel you, toneart, Bob, and all the other ..er..interested...Nomads deserve a small participation reward to have come this far towards a solution.

I will let Mr. Sherlock Holmes speak on this: “If we were keen to avoid certain topics, it was probably more because it embarrassed us.”

Pompano - 12-5-2008 at 01:21 PM

Quote:
M = Mountains!!! But that doesn't get me any closed to the solution!

WAIT!!! POMPANO'S CAP???? POMPS BAJA CAP?? POMP Y BAJA CAP??

Edit: I suppose you're going to tell me that an ' doesn't constitute a letter? <raised eyebrow>

"I say, Watson, this young lady needs a gentle hint...would you please reply for me?"

"My pleasure, indeed, Holmes. Women are more my baliwick, it would seem..harumph.

So then, “Dear Ms. longlegsinlapaz: The temptation to form premature theories upon insufficient data is the bane of our profession.”

"Watson, you mangy cur. That's one of MY quotes!"

"Quite so, Holmes, but you shouldn't mind. It was MY alphabet lessons that lead to the unraveling of this mystery.

and now longlegsinlapaz, you are correct in assuming there is NO ' or even an S used as a letter in this case.
May I add .. It is a capital mistake to theorize before you have all the evidence, ... It biases the judgment.”

"WATSON!.....See here now, THAT'S my quote, too!"

'Oh Tiddlywinks, Holmes..you can't hog them all."

Don't worry-be happy

Dave - 12-5-2008 at 01:29 PM

Quote:

So that's why they call 'em largemouth bass. :rolleyes:

Skipjack Joe - 12-5-2008 at 01:38 PM

Does it have to do with your boat, rather than you? I'm grasping at straws here and I don't want to derail this thread as it's easy to do so with eyecandy.

HMS Pompano
SS Pompano
???? Pompano

Pompano - 12-5-2008 at 01:39 PM

Quote:
... with melons like those in the 13th image.

Well, a fella can dream, can't he?

Welcome to the Make a Wish Foundation.

Now...solve the damn mystery!!

All Clues have been presented...

Pompano - 12-5-2008 at 01:41 PM

longlegsinlapaz is closest to the solution...but she did not take it far enough...was mistaken on the Mama's thing..has nothing to do with Mama's, rather the thing the cap is sitting on....and missed 5 letters of the code.

longlegsinlapaz - 12-5-2008 at 01:52 PM

NOW I've got it! POMPANO GOT CAPPED IN BAJA!!!! Or he will if I ever see him under that "Got Baja?" cap in La Paz!:saint::lol::lol: No S's & if you don't count the redundant letters, it's gotta come in close to 12!;) Consider it a Baker's Dozen!:D

Enough of this falderol, please excuse me while I get back to supervising my workers; THAT I'm mentally equipped to do!!:bounce:

Edit: I GAVE you another "M".....MOUNTAIN! & you ignored it!

HOLMES AND WATSON ARE REHASHING THE CLUES..

Pompano - 12-5-2008 at 01:55 PM

quote]Originally posted by Pompano
IDENTIFYING FOOTPRINTS AND TRACKING WITH SHERLOCK HOLMES AND DR. WATSON

...We'll start our mystery with these footprints outside the motorhome door.

"We know whose feet belong to these prints, right, Watson?"

"An easy one, Holmes...obviously these fellows are the culprits...Raccoons!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------

AND STILL MORE TRACKS....

"Come along, Watson. We must hurry - The games afoot."

"I say, Holmes, old chap. It appears you've found the quarry. Pardon my Ogling."

"Elementary, my dear Watson, elementary..and I may Ogle myself a bit."

"INDEED HOLMES, and might I add....EXEMPLARY!! GOOD OGLING!!..WOO-WOO!"

"Don't ogle, Watson. I've found yet another unique set of tracks. We're are hot on the scent, so to speak. The time for all this Ogling is Over."

(for Ogling viewers)

CLUES = 2 in this post
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Quote:
The trail grows warm.......perhaps our prey has gone to ground in that General store?

CLUES = 1 IN THIS POST
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Quote:
Egdes

Holmes - "Oh, quit nattering, Watson. We have work to do. What do you make of these latest clues?"

Welcome to the Edge.

These clues were found along the edges of the Columbia Gorge area. Watson, please tell the people about the danger and importance of these edges, they are quite unsafe...those edges can give way at any moment and there has been fatalities in the past...so tell them to please pay strict attention to the Edge...wherever it may be."

CLUES = 1 IN THIS POST

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Quote:
["Watson, this set of 'rails' is most interesting. What do your eyes tell you?"

CLUES = 2 IN THIS POST

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Quote:
Quote:
Meet my favorite 'neice': I call her Peanuts and she is very important to this investigation. She may present us with a clue.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Quote:

Holmes - "OOOh, quit nattering, Watson. We have work to do. What do you make of this latest clue? It is the ninth so far."

CLUES = 1 IN THIS POST
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Quote:
"Dear Baker Street Irregulars and BajaNomad readers:

Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson formally request your help in deciphering the meanings of these Got Baja? caps left behind by some mysterious wearer.

Please respond with your best guess, theory, or hunch regarding the following photo clues. Tally ho, the game is indeed afoot!

Here is the latest discovery. I dare say, Most ominous. Melons..Mmm..come and get eM.

CLUES = 1 IN THIS POST
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Quote:
A cap in spotted in this stand of Pines.

This nice young lady told me the cap was tied to the tail of her Pooch.

The cap was also found at Mama's on top of this Pullover.

"Watson...all three of these Photo clues have something in common. What can you deduce from that?"

"Harumph...well, I really can't say, Holmes. As I told you, I am rather preoccupied with my appointment to teach the alphabet."

CLUES = 1 IN THIS POST

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Quote:
There is a clue in every story.

A CLASS 'A' ANECDOTE:

Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson were camped in Baja somewhere near The Three Sisters. They pitched their tent under the stars and went to sleep. Sometime in the middle of the night Holmes woke Watson up and said: “Watson, look up at the stars, and tell me what you see.”

Watson replied: “I see millions and millions of stars.”

Holmes said: “and what do you deduce from that?”

Watson replied: “Well, if there are millions of stars, and if even a few of those have planets, it’s quite likely there are some planets like earth out there. And if there are a few planets like earth out there, there might also be life.”

And Holmes said: “Watson, you idiot, it means that somebody stole our tent.”

NOT MAMA'S.....

Pompano - 12-5-2008 at 02:01 PM

LAST, BUT NOT LEAST...

Pompano - 12-5-2008 at 02:02 PM

THE INFORMATION IS THERE...COME, IGOR, I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT.

Skipjack Joe - 12-5-2008 at 02:07 PM

ROGER POMPANO

Better write quickly before longlegs beats me. No time for humor.

I want my prize.

longlegsinlapaz - 12-5-2008 at 02:08 PM

NOT MAMA'S
Quote:
Public humiliation be damned! I hereby officially, publicly & formally retract my erroneous previous answer of Mama's" & replace it with Mountain/Monument....& that's not a pullover, it's a dress or a blouse!:yes:

BY JOVE, WATSON...IGOR HAS IT!

Pompano - 12-5-2008 at 02:35 PM

ROGER POMPANO

YOUR PRIZE IS AN ALL-PAID, AND ACCORDING TO HER, AN ALL-INCLUSIVE NIGHT OUT WITH MY NIECE, PEANUTS...

...ACTUALLY YOU CAN KEEP HER THE REST OF THE SEASON.

David K - 12-5-2008 at 05:40 PM

Gee, after all that... should I start selling them again???
:light::biggrin:

longlegsinlapaz - 12-5-2008 at 06:07 PM

Whew!!! I really dodged a bullet!! I'm taking my workers out to a sincere appreciation lunch manana....having to oversee their work saved me from a fate worse that death! Skipjack Joe you are more than welcome to that "Peanut Prize"! I only ask that you DO NOT post the any of the highlights of your "date"!:lol::lol:

Bob and Susan - 12-5-2008 at 06:32 PM

i had a hard time understanding pomp...

must be that "english" accent:yes::yes:

Skipjack Joe - 12-5-2008 at 09:49 PM

Quote:
Whew!!! I really dodged a bullet!! I'm taking my workers out to a sincere appreciation lunch manana....having to oversee their work saved me from a fate worse that death! Skipjack Joe you are more than welcome to that "Peanut Prize"! I only ask that you DO NOT post the any of the highlights of your "date"!:lol::lol:

No problem longlegs. It just so happens that Jimmy Carter is my favorite president. Yes, laugh all you will. I've heard all the Carter jokes over the years and they don't sway my opinion one iota. I would be happy and proud to spend time with the man - with or without the wig.

Igor...we'll make it a double date then.

Pompano - 12-6-2008 at 12:25 AM

You go with Jimmy Carter..and I'll come along with my favorite president...Theodore Roosevelt.

Your prize is for you and your son to be my guests at Coyote whenever you are in the area. Always have plenty of room for a fellow wilderness canoe fan. Come by any time. Km 108.

Skipjack Joe - 12-6-2008 at 12:41 AM

Thanks Roger for the offer. I would love that.

Perhaps I should have qualified something. I'm not trying to compare to TR or Lincoln or Jefferson. That would be foolish. Just those that I lived through and watched on TV in my lifetime. I'm a big fan of TR as well. He lived in a time when people believed that willpower could surmount all odds - and TR did it better than anyone else.

But perhaps it's best to not discuss politics as it often separates people needlessly.