BajaNomad

If I need to, can I work in baja?

lesliego - 5-3-2009 at 04:46 PM

Maybe this is a naive question, but I'm gonna ask anyway. If I fall in love with this place, why come back? Question is, can I support myself? I have a bachelor's degree in business, have done years of accounting and income taxes, I speak Spanish and I have worked in a commercial kitchen. Not that I don't know how to do other things... Opinions?
Leslie

David K - 5-3-2009 at 04:49 PM

Find a business that needs you and get your FM-3 work visa... Do it!

Bajajack - 5-3-2009 at 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lesliego
Maybe this is a naive question, but I'm gonna ask anyway. If I fall in love with this place, why come back? Question is, can I support myself? I have a bachelor's degree in business, have done years of accounting and income taxes, I speak Spanish and I have worked in a commercial kitchen. Not that I don't know how to do other things... Opinions?
Leslie
Sure, with your commercial kitchen background it shouldn't be a problem.

Just get your paperwork in order and hit up the Taco stands, they always need Pot Washers.

With a little hard work you could probably make up to $10 a day and get to live like a real mexican.:lol:

vandy - 5-3-2009 at 05:16 PM

I agree with bajajack...

I work in the States for 6 months, then take a couple of years off. The pay is much higher. You can even save most of it if you camp out...

If you find yourself somewhere north of Cabo, drop an email.
kayakbaja@gmail
We can have some smoke,fish

David K - 5-3-2009 at 05:21 PM

I would hope that lesliego KNOWS the pay in Mexico is about 1/10th the pay in America, and she can survive on that... Maybe she fell in love with Baja and wants to live on love (and $10/ day)?

DENNIS - 5-3-2009 at 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
I would hope that lesliego KNOWS

I think she knows. Her original post alluded to the "list" which Mike Humfreville put up on this site in 2005.
I think Leslie knows a lot more than she claims.
I'm just a born cynic.

"kinda like the list, but not as long..."

[Edited on 5-4-2009 by DENNIS]

lesliego - 5-3-2009 at 06:10 PM

Actually I really DONT know what it's like. Shari seems to have made a pretty decent life for herself, her daughter has chosen to stay in MX, so obviously, it's working for them... I was alluding to the "list" post about what to take camping.... Jeeze louise, you guys!
Leslie

bajafool - 5-3-2009 at 06:16 PM

Got to be lots of jobs for a american in Baja. I think that you could start a mass rush heading over the wall southbound looking for the new frontier.Good luck with that but I would just marry a Mexican. Maybe Juan has a friend.
Any recent pics? Do you have a fishing boat and have access
to beer?:lol::lol:

www.mexperience.com and www.bajainsider.com

Mulegena - 5-3-2009 at 06:52 PM

For good information check out these two sites.

No, from my observation its not realistic to think that a foreign national
can come to Mexico and expect to find a lucrative source of income.

If you'd like further information, send me a u2u.

vandenberg - 5-3-2009 at 08:51 PM

Maybe sell timeshares in Loreto.
I hear those guys are raking it in.

shari - 5-3-2009 at 09:26 PM

Actually amigos, the most fun job I've ever had was teaching english at University in GN, if you can imagine that. The dean is a really awesome woman, the other profs were fantastic, the kids were a delight...the pay sucked (about $2.50 an hour but I managed to raise my daughter on that).
I have quite liked living a low income, stress free life...taught me alot about priorities and humbleness.
but mulegena is right, it's not realistic for most people...but IS possible.
Juan has lots of single friends:o

gnukid - 5-3-2009 at 09:58 PM

Quote:
Leslie

The simplest way to work is to get a job at a business which is established and requires english and spanish speakers with some sophistication. You don't need to go to immigration in advance, once you get the job assignment you will get assistance from them to get your fm-3. Its not a big deal if you are near a large city and if you are not it takes longer but who cares... You can begin and be in progress getting your papers for as long as it takes.

Some examples of jobs you might like are english teacher which can pay up to about 450 pesos a day in private schools, bartender which pays 100 pesos plus tips for 8-10 hours, maid which can pay about 200 pesos for 2-3 hours, tour guide office manager which pays about 200 a day, or real estate agent which often includes stipends of 300-400 pesos a day deductable from commissions, sports guide 100-1000 pesos a day.

Typical wages are around 200-500 pesos a day for skilled workers in La Paz and Cabo. Of course these are very hard times today with the false pandemic so you may find that it makes more sense to make art like jewelry, paintings, photos sculpture, carvings or something you can sell and when the tourists come you sell and when they don't you work.

I know many people who come and find work quickly and easily if you are easy to get along with and hard working. Starting your own business is possible too but much more difficult, confusing and expensive.

In general it makes little sense to work in Baja with expectations of money but if you enjoy being busy its great fun to work and you'll learn alot.

[Edited on 5-4-2009 by gnukid]

805gregg - 5-4-2009 at 06:55 AM

Since you have never been there, it's probably better to go first, and see what it's like. You may not like it there.

tjBill - 5-4-2009 at 07:16 AM

From what I have heard, the only legal way you can get work is have your employer prove there is no suitable Mexican for you position. Close to imposible. With the exception of English teacher

If you work illegally, more common, there's a big chance other Mexicans will report you to the authorities (Hacienda). Since Mexico does not have sufficient jobs for its population, the authorities do not mess around with deporting those working illegally. :O

flyfishinPam - 5-4-2009 at 07:20 AM

go for it girl and don't listen to those who discourage because they are jealous that you are even thinking along these lines (they honestly can't see themselves doing it so they discourage you, ignore them). Like Shari, I came and stayed completely on accident and here I am ten years later. just DO IT! just a thought, your business and accounting experience in the USA will do little for you so just forgetaboutit! things run differently here. start your own business you'll never make money working for someone else. form a Mexican corporation through a good lawyer and a notario. I ain't rich and don't care to be but we make a decent living, all bills get paid, everything we own is ours no debt kids in private school and I love it here!

GOOD LUCK!

flyfishinPam - 5-4-2009 at 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajafool
Got to be lots of jobs for a american in Baja. I think that you could start a mass rush heading over the wall southbound looking for the new frontier.Good luck with that but I would just marry a Mexican. Maybe Juan has a friend.

hmmm you sound like someone who's been here before and has been BANNED many times.

how long guys till the fool gets banned (again)?

lesliego - 5-4-2009 at 10:51 AM

Thanks for the posts you guys, I appreciate the feedback.
Leslie

bajajudy - 5-4-2009 at 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS

I think she knows. Her original post alluded to the "list" which Mike Humfreville put up on this site in 2005.
I think Leslie knows a lot more than she claims.
I'm just a born cynic.

"kinda like the list, but not as long..."

[Edited on 5-4-2009 by DENNIS]

Actually I started The List, but who cares.:dudette:

Cypress - 5-4-2009 at 01:11 PM

Yea, You could find a job down in Baja. Might not pay much, just depends upon who you hook up with.;)

vandenberg - 5-4-2009 at 01:17 PM

Leslie,
Maybe you could hook up with Fishbuck, sell your million dollar house in the Oregon banana belt, buy him a plane, and go enterprising together.:?:
Just a thought.:biggrin:

lesliego - 5-4-2009 at 01:45 PM

Well, some of you are proving the old adage "ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer"... Can we put this thing to rest, please?:coolup:
thank you:tumble::tumble:

DENNIS - 5-4-2009 at 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajajudy

Actually I started The List, but who cares.:dudette:

I care, Judy. Sorry about that.

Banned?

bajafool - 5-4-2009 at 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by flyfishinPam
Quote:
Originally posted by bajafool

hmmm you sound like someone who's been here before and has been BANNED many times.

how long guys till the fool gets banned (again)?

Why would I get banned.Methinks you are the fool Madam

Bajahowodd - 5-4-2009 at 04:13 PM

If this was medieval times, the fool would play an important role in the king's court. Here and now, maybe not so much.

In modern times

bajafool - 5-4-2009 at 04:28 PM

The fool is considered the top drawer go to guy in the Obama
administration based on his picks for cabinet and close advisor positions. Bajahowodd would be an excellent fool based on its posts on this board in recent weeks.
Just my observation.:o

lesliego - 5-4-2009 at 09:15 PM

As bajaguy has said before, boy is this thread getting hijacked, all for the best I suppose. I could start a new one with the email my brother sent my son regarding his new job and life in Florida - it's at least as good as baja c-cktails and the turtle wars...
I'm done with falling off my bicycle and scraping my knees here, let's have a little fun. I'll post my brother's email and for the next 48 hours you guys can examine, disect, laugh at and generally make fun of it and have a great time with it, because it is really funny, though, whoops, doesn't have a thing to do with baja, though a lot to poke fun at a complete arsehole...
Let me know, it would be easy to post, and it's the most insanely, stupidly funny thing I have read in a long time cause the guy is absolutely serious.
Leslie

lesliego - 5-4-2009 at 09:17 PM

hey look, I made it (sort of) I'm a junior nomad:o:bounce:
Now, can someone tell me how to post an avatar?
It's blowing 60 outside and it has rained 5 inches in the last 48 hours.
Baja here I come

CaboRon - 5-5-2009 at 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajajack
Quote:
Leslie

Just get your paperwork in order and hit up the Taco stands, they always need Pot Washers.

With a little hard work you could probably make up to $10 a day and get to live like a real mexican.:lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

gnukid - 5-5-2009 at 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by CaboRon
Quote:
Quote:
Leslie

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

This is silly, everyone knows tacos are a huge industry, everyone eats tacos. If you do it well you could make a alot of money on a taco stand. Easily 200 pesos iin a few hours.

lingililingili - 5-5-2009 at 07:18 AM

gnukid: Is anything taken out of that 200 pesos or is that take-home?

David K - 5-5-2009 at 07:57 AM

Quote:
hey look, I made it (sort of) I'm a junior nomad:o:bounce:
Now, can someone tell me how to post an avatar?
It's blowing 60 outside and it has rained 5 inches in the last 48 hours.
Baja here I come

Click on the FAQ on the top of each Nomad page...

lesliego - 5-5-2009 at 10:21 AM

bajaamy,
yeah, Brookings, Oregon - I think we got 5 inches in two days!

Fred - 5-5-2009 at 12:14 PM

Heck the first year I was in Brookings, they had 119 inches.

DENNIS - 5-5-2009 at 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Fred
Heck the first year I was in Brookings, they had 119 inches.

Who's "They?"

bajabeachbabe - 5-5-2009 at 12:54 PM

Quote:
Leslie

When you go to baja keep your eyes open and look for servicies that aren't being provided locally. With your accounting and tax background in US taxes if you end up in a place where there is a large ex-pat population, you might find people who need US tax services. Brush up on your international tax knowledge. I'm a CPA and I am personally thinking of doing this once I finally get my home in Loreto built. I am positive there is a need - perhaps too great a need considering I will be retiring there and may not want to work all the time. There have been some horror stories here on the nomad board about people who didn't have correct tax advice from US based tax people and ended up paying huge fines. Good luck with your dream!

Cypress - 5-5-2009 at 01:11 PM

lesliego, Baja isn't the only warm place to go.:) But, it's a real good place to go.:biggrin:

Fred - 5-5-2009 at 01:51 PM

Dennis................"they" are those clouds that hang over Brooking almost everyday.

redmesa - 5-5-2009 at 02:08 PM

Chetco Harbor has long been an important port for southern Oregon. ... Average Annual Rainfall: 73.44 inches. Average # of days with measurable rain: 141 ...
www.brookingsor.com/relocation.cfm - 16k - Cached - Similar pages -

I lived on and then traveled on the Southern Oregon coast for nearly 30 years. It is an absolutely wonderful climate. Rain and storms but many stunning days. In many ways not that different from the west coast of Baja... a little less sand and a wee bit cooler in the winter.

Cypress - 5-5-2009 at 04:01 PM

redmesa, Agree! It's beautiful and the climate isn't bad, matter of fact it's pretty doggone good.:biggrin:

bajalou - 5-5-2009 at 04:30 PM

141 days a year with measurable rain does NOT sound good to me. Anything less than 340 days a year of sunshine sound pretty miserable.

Bajahowodd - 5-5-2009 at 04:37 PM

I'll settle for something in between, but much closer to Lou. Starbucks owes it's development to climates with clouds and rain. People tend to be more depressed in cloudy, rainy climates. So, try some caffeine.

DENNIS - 5-5-2009 at 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Frasier Crane
" People tend to be more depressed in cloudy, rainy climates. So, try some caffeine."

vandenberg - 5-6-2009 at 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
I'll settle for something in between, but much closer to Lou. Starbucks owes it's development to climates with clouds and rain. People tend to be more depressed in cloudy, rainy climates. So, try some caffeine.

Tequila works better for me. However, since being a depressant, it's essential to not give the depressed feeling, usual showing after the buzz wears off, a fighting chance, maintain a reasonable, steady intake.

Talk about a highjack.:lol:

BajaNuts - 5-6-2009 at 10:55 AM

I hate to ruin this wonderful hijack by getting back on topic, but...

In reference to "not taking jobs away from Mexican and not doing what a Mexican can do", how does that apply to a skilled trade like an electrician? I've seen the way houses are wired in Mexico, and the way we wire houses is significntly better than what I've seen, even in new construction.

Would we be in trouble if we opened a business, or did electrical work on new construction,using US standards? Putting it bluntly, our work would be much better than the work done by local electricians.

Just one example of what I've seen is- in a brand new house, the electrical panel was in a closet with the water heater in front of the panel so you couldn't even open the panel door to get to the breakers. And the panel cover only had half the scews holding it on because the water tank blocked access to the other screw holes.

vandenberg - 5-6-2009 at 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNuts

Just one example of what I've seen is- in a brand new house, the electrical panel was in a closet with the water heater in front of the panel so you couldn't even open the panel door to get to the breakers. And the panel cover only had half the scews holding it on because the water tank blocked access to the other screw holes.

Minor details ,my good man.:biggrin::biggrin:

Most so called electricians/plumbers ( wonderful combination btw ) are mainly jacks of all trades to whom more complicated tasks are a mystery. But somehow the tasks get done. Maybe not to our specs, but somehow everything works.
Don't ask me ( or them ) how, because an understandable answer is not likely to be forthcoming.
But, like Roberta stated in another thread, that makes for " never a dull moment":no::biggrin:

[Edited on 5-6-2009 by vandenberg]

Two ways to wire up

Dave - 5-6-2009 at 11:21 AM

Quote:
In reference to "not taking jobs away from Mexican and not doing what a Mexican can do", how does that apply to a skilled trade like an electrician?

You could get hired by an electrician. You would need a fm/3 and a work permit. Or....You could form a corporation that would have as one of its descriptors the proviso that you may work as an electrician. You would still need an fm/3 with a work permit.

Speaking of weird wiring:

I once was asked to trace a problem for a neighbor. His box was sheetrocked over. The box was covered with rock and textured.

Simply amazing:lol:

gnukid - 5-6-2009 at 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Quote:
In reference to "not taking jobs away from Mexican and not doing what a Mexican can do", how does that apply to a skilled trade like an electrician?

You could get hired by an electrician. You would need a fm/3 and a work permit. Or....You could form a corporation that would have as one of its descriptors the proviso that you may work as an electrician. You would still need an fm/3 with a work permit.

Speaking of weird wiring:

I once was asked to trace a problem for a neighbor. His box was sheetrocked over. The box was covered with rock and textured.

Simply amazing:lol:

Dave thats not right.

The business owner or legal representative of the RFC (registered federal corporation) would hire the prospective employee (leslie) and as they begin to work, the legal representative or authorized representative he/she writes a letter of sponsorship naming the employee and goes to Inmigaccion to open a file in the name of the employee with documentation and list that name in the folio of the RFC. This can happen in as little as one day and does often. Nowadays, a person of trust, that is the busines owner may simply send a packet of docs with a representative to the Inmigraccion in order to initiate the FM-3. Today all docs are stored on site by Inmigraccion and the process is much easier if your RFC has completed its documentation this year.

For an extranjero electrician or handyman contractor you can alternatively go to Inmigaccion and request a handyman/contractor work permit without being the legal representative of any RFC or being of a member of any RFC (corporation). This is relatively new and quite simple.

If you want to you can also start your own RFC which specifies your activities (or all possible activities) though it is a longer process and requires a series of steps that take a little time, effort and money. Even with a corp you need a partner, and if your role is the administer unico (boss) technically you shouldn't also be the primary worker though this can be allowed.

If you haven't had recent experience this year, you will find that its both more difficult to have a RFC (corp) and yet easier to get a work FM-3 under existing corp with new guidelines. More streamlined.

vandenberg - 5-6-2009 at 11:44 AM

How would you like your bedroom lightswitch inside the closet.:biggrin:

They hooked the 220V plug to the stove up the wrong way, with the one hot going to the neutral.
The stove, with a large overhead microwave, a mere $1100.00 value, was ruined when plugged in, since the faulty wiring fried all the controls, which should have 110V only.
Now a nice storage compartment, since no one to be found who had the slightest idea how to begin to fix it.

Oh well, only money.:no::biggrin:

Dave - 5-6-2009 at 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gnukid
For an extranjero electrician or handyman contractor you can alternatively go to Inmigaccion and request a handyman/contractor work permit without being the legal representative of any RFC or being of a member of any RFC (corporation). This is relatively new and quite simple.

I hadn't heard of this.

You're telling me that a gringo can get a work permit without being hired or forming a corporation. Migra would do this?

Doesn't sound plausible. Know someone who has done it?

BajaNuts - 5-6-2009 at 02:53 PM

We've lost many outlet or light boxes behind sheetrock, but NEVER a whole panel! WOW!:o

We are thinking along the lines of hooking up with a builder who does high-end homes. That's what we do up here. I suppose they could be the "sponsor" or we can go the corporation. Have to do a corp anyway for property.

It's that whole issue of taking work away from locals. But if they can't do the work like we can, theoretically we should be OK. 'Course, finding a high end builder willing to pay NOB prices for NOB work......

That might be asking for a miracle...............:smug:

gnukid - 5-6-2009 at 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave

Doesn't sound plausible. Know someone who has done it?

Dave, there are many things possible that you may have no idea of simply because you do not have the desire or experience quite obviously, so why not hold off and offer input where you do have experience and knowledge, instead of spinning wheels and blowing smoke, as always.

For anyone who has interest in working, its always a scenario of the chicken before egg, how does one start? Simply begin asking polite questions and try to avoid listening to gringos with no experience who are of little help. The truth is, in Mexico everything is possible with a little persistence and patience and its fun too.

p.s. Dave, When seeking guidance from INM it helps to be really nice. From my experience with you I imagine for you the answer is always no, while for others its yes, understandably.

[Edited on 5-6-2009 by gnukid]

Right...no clue

Dave - 5-6-2009 at 04:21 PM

Quote:
Dave, there are many things possible that you may have no idea of simply because you do not have the desire or experience quite obviously, so why not hold off and offer input where you do have experience and knowledge, instead of spinning wheels and blowing smoke, as always.

I'd forgotten what a idiot you are. Thanks for the reminder.

I asked if you had personal knowledge of any gringo who got a work permit that wasn't tied to a specific business or corporation. As usual, you answer with gibberish.

Can another Nomad answer the question?

gnukid - 5-6-2009 at 05:00 PM

Its like this Dave, Some people learn how to get along and some do not. INM laws change often and are interpreted differently at different offices. I'll make this as clear as possible. If you were a nice person which you are not, I would help you and INM would help you. Currently the options exist which I described, why else would I describe them in detail?

Your experience would be vastly different based on your projected attitude. Like most gov offices, they do not like jerks with bad attitude like yourself so presumably they will not be kind in processing a request to get a contractors visa for you and will not offer advice or info, which makes sense to me. Nobody wants a jerk around.

By the way, in the INM is a book where notes are kept about who is a jerk and who is not. Just like here on BN, the agents, lawyers and delgados talk about the applicants. Your name will be certainly listed as a well known jerk and you would have a generally unpleasant time trying to get a work visa whereas likely Leslie and I would have an easy time.

Bajajack - 5-6-2009 at 05:25 PM

Yep, a little flattery along with a good BS line and a handful of pesos will get you anything.

gnukid - 5-6-2009 at 05:25 PM

Harkening back to our discussion about rude people and jerks, it should come as no surprise that the actual number of extranjeros living and working in Baja are far less than one would imagine, the number of actual working visas given is in the tens of thousands at most.

I am only mentioning this in case its of help to realize that in Baja the community of working extranjeros is a small number. The agency has a job to do which is to proces papers but also to identify people who are problematic or a negative influence, those who work without a visa as well as to monitor those who do have visas and see if they are in fact performing services they are authorized to. in addition agents from the hacienda visit gringos houses and offices to see if they are working more than they are declaring in their monthly declarations.

So, it shouldn't come as a surprise that each of you ho live here are far more well known than you might think. Your behavior affects how you are treated and how you will be treated in the case of tramites and legal issues.

I mention this only to remind you that when you burn bridges, they are not easily rebuilt.

gnukid - 5-6-2009 at 05:26 PM

Quote:
Yep, a little flattery along with a good BS line and a handful of pesos will get you anything.

True and a good sense of humor goes a long way. Have fun with it.

gnukid - 5-6-2009 at 05:34 PM

For me at least many of the agents are actually really nice people that help. I like most of them enough to want to be together often, they are people I enjoy being friends with, and, well you get the idea. So, when you are jerk here to Nomads or Mexicanos it is not something to take lightly. They talk about the jerky personalities all the way to DF, they remember when you are a jerk. So don't be a jerk Dave.

805gregg - 5-7-2009 at 07:16 PM

The one thing you might do, with no experience, is house sit.

Another option

sourdough - 5-9-2009 at 12:29 PM

I know a young man from Canada who splits his time between Baja and home. He is very personable and has made a lot of friends (both Gringo & Mex) in a short time. Now he house-sits, drives and maintains local vehicles, and jumps on any opportunity to go fishing with local boat owners. Six months here and then back to Canada to a job and pleasant weather. He seems to really enjoy that lifestyle.

vandenberg - 5-9-2009 at 03:06 PM

Quote:
When you are jerk here to Nomads or Mexicanos it is not something to take lightly. They talk about the jerky personalities all the way to DF, they remember when you are a jerk. So don't be a jerk Dave.

Slang. a contemptibly naive, fatuous, foolish, or inconsequential person.

Gnu,
You must be very familiar with the word jerk. You sure use it often enough.
I've been called a jerk before and really don't fit the profile, I don't think.:biggrin::biggrin:
But, of course, other folks might have different opinions.:no::no:
There have been times I thought you definitely fit the description/definition.:lol:

gnukid - 5-9-2009 at 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vandenberg

I've been called a jerk before and really don't fit the profile, I don't think.:biggrin::biggrin:
There have been times I thought you definitely fit the description/definition.:lol:

Oh Ok Vandenberg. You choose your friends. I choose mine.

vandenberg - 5-9-2009 at 05:05 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by vandenberg

Oh Ok Vandenberg. You choose your friends. I choose mine.

Relevance.:?::?::?::?:

BajaGringo - 5-9-2009 at 05:18 PM

Man, I turn my back for a second and a topic with good intentions gets run off the road. Anybody here get the license plate off that bus????

TheColoradoDude - 5-9-2009 at 05:23 PM

Okay anyone need a house sat on in Ensenada. I would prefer if it came with a panga, I would watch that too!

I am available come fall.

[Edited on 5-10-2009 by TheColoradoDude]

the one that got away...

Mulegena - 5-9-2009 at 05:24 PM

Looked like a U-Haul :P

BajaGringo - 5-9-2009 at 05:28 PM

Did you check out these Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Models taking pictures of themselves???

Completely off topic but I figure that if we are going to hijack a thread at least there should be some hot looking women involved...

:lol::lol::lol:

vandenberg - 5-9-2009 at 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaGringo
Man, I turn my back for a second and a topic with good intentions gets run off the road.

That'll teach you to turn your back on a gnu.:biggrin::biggrin:

Sorry!

sourdough - 5-9-2009 at 06:14 PM

My post was made with good intentions.

[Edited on 5-10-2009 by sourdough]

lesliego - 5-11-2009 at 09:01 AM

Good Lord, what happened to my post? I turn my back on it for a few days so I can get down there, and you all have hijacked me! Thanks to those of you who responded with thoughtful answers. On my way to TJ for a day trip with a virgin Brazilian. Oh boy, I better choose my words more carefully. She's just never been to Mexico and SeaWorld wants big bucks to swim with the dolphins. OK, I know TJ is not Mexico, but I can't just let her go alone... See you guys soon.
Leslie

DENNIS - 5-11-2009 at 09:06 AM

Quote:
OK, I know TJ is not Mexico

shhhhhhh....Don't tell them that. The folks in Tijuana actually think they're Mexicans living in Mexico. They even fly one of them flags with a bird and a snake. Can you imagine?

shari - 5-11-2009 at 09:08 AM

hey Leslie...you gals should get Fernando to show ya around...he's the TJ bomb! U2U him