BajaNomad

Costco Tequila! Kirkland Signature brand~

BajaNuts - 11-29-2009 at 05:35 PM

I just saw this in the Costco Connection magazine. Don't know if you'll be able to read it, but Costco is adding tequila to their line of spirits!

Looks like California is in luck, here's their locator guide-
http://www.costcoconnection.com/connection/beer_wine_spirits...

Well, that image didn't work so here's a link to the article online at CostcoConnections-
http://www.costcoconnection.com/connection/200912#pg1

attempt #3

the above link will take you to the cover page of the magazine, use the dropdown tab at the top to find page 61. Or you can scroll down the contents list on the left until you see TEQUILA!

Bajahowodd- the link will open another window, maybe pop-up blocker or something?

[Edited on 11-30-2009 by BajaNuts]

Bajahowodd - 11-29-2009 at 05:38 PM

Might just be my browser, but I got nothing when I clicked on the link. On the other hand, I let my Costco card lapse in favor of Sam's Club. Go figure!

wessongroup - 11-29-2009 at 06:20 PM

Came up on Safari... and Foxfire

wessongroup - 11-29-2009 at 06:23 PM

Off topic, but I'm always off topic... anyone have a guess for when you can shop online in Baja with Costco?

Like ever, or next few years....

Iflyfish - 11-29-2009 at 09:17 PM

Looks good, hope someone tries it and reports.

Iflyfish

Elena La Loca - 11-29-2009 at 10:00 PM

At $23.99, it's a GREAT value for what most folks are saying is really Don Julio Añejo. Talk about smoooooooth.

BajaNuts - 11-29-2009 at 10:06 PM

sadly, the spirits are not available at Costco in WA state, but I wanted to let y'all know of the newest addition to the Costco spirits line.

Even though I'm not a tequila fan........except in a good margie!........I'm looking forward to hearing what others have to say about the product, price and value.

AcuDoc - 11-29-2009 at 11:01 PM

I posted a thread earlier about this with their claims that it is aged three years!

BajaNuts - 11-30-2009 at 12:05 AM

acudoc~ I can neither confirm or deny--------

sorry, all I saw was the magazine article -

anyone else?

Russ - 11-30-2009 at 04:15 AM

I was able to enlarge the article but I'm not sure the 50kb limit will allow you to read it. It has some good info and it says that Kirkland ages their tequila at least 3 years in oak barrels.

Tequila~2.jpg - 46kB

Russ - 11-30-2009 at 04:23 AM

Test to see if you can read this:

3.jpg - 46kB

docsmom - 12-2-2009 at 07:48 AM

I prefer Don Julio Blanco but if someone will try this and give a good review, I might Costco.

Elena La Loca - 12-2-2009 at 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Elena La Loca
At $23.99, it's a GREAT value for what most folks are saying is really Don Julio Añejo. Talk about smoooooooth.

hmmmm, thought I GAVE a review!

Pretty funny, the vendor for another añejo (can't remeber the brand but will check it out today & edit my post later) sent in a rep to stand there all day & talk people into THEIR brand (only aged half as long as Kirkland brand and $6 MORE per bottle) because, I can only assume, their sales weren't keeping up. I'm doing my part at the register to talk people into the Kirkland brand but my assistants are hating me for doing so cuz it' means a LONG walk back to the liquor department to make the switch for the member!

Bajahowodd - 12-2-2009 at 04:26 PM

Given the amount of time it takes for an agave to mature, combined with the fermenting process, and then add the aging.......

No wonder this stuff seems to cost so much. How about cheap vodka?

Just kidding. But I have to wonder about how many folks are into tequila for the taste and how many folks just want to get snockered.

Martyman - 12-2-2009 at 04:37 PM

One here for snockered

Bajahowodd - 12-2-2009 at 04:41 PM

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

David K - 12-2-2009 at 04:42 PM

Quote:
Quote:

hmmmm, thought I GAVE a review!

Pretty funny, the vendor for another añejo (can't remeber the brand but will check it out today & edit my post later) sent in a rep to stand there all day & talk people into THEIR brand (only aged half as long as Kirkland brand and $6 MORE per bottle) because, I can only assume, their sales weren't keeping up. I'm doing my part at the register to talk people into the Kirkland brand but my assistants are hating me for doing so cuz it' means a LONG walk back to the liquor department to make the switch for the member!

Hi LN,

Do you know why Tijuana Beer is no longer at Costco? I have a feeling it was because they only offered it in a mixed case of half Güera and half Morena... and many will buy one but don't want to get the other. It was fun while it lasted!

Hope you guys had fun at the 1000!

David

elgatoloco - 12-2-2009 at 04:54 PM

I like to drink tequila for the taste, and the effect. I NEVER like to ruin a good buzz so I pace myself. You will seldom find me snockered. :saint:

I look forward to tomorrow's weekly Costco run so I may try this. I know that our family has enjoyed the excellent value that is Kirkland brand champagne. :smug:

Elena La Loca knows a thing or two about te-kill-ya so I take her endorsement seriously. :dudette:

This is apparently where the tequila is 'fabricated'.

http://www.fabricadetequilasfinos.com.mx/site.html

OK...here comes the tomatoes and rocks.....

CasaManzana - 12-2-2009 at 06:19 PM

.......but I have to share a great find ( margarita purists please bail out now). This almond-flavored tequila makes a fantastic margie using the classic 2-T/1-Controy/1-lime formula. Try it-you will thank me. In Mulege it's found at Saul's, and also in most booze shops up and down Baja in the bigger cities. And it's very inexpensive - can you say v-e-r-y inexpensive!

fishbuck - 12-2-2009 at 06:22 PM

It's only 60 proof.

Bajahowodd - 12-2-2009 at 06:52 PM

There has been a plethora of flavored booze that has less alcohol in it. Not so sure if it's bad or good. It attracts the young folk. Y'all decide.

meme - 12-4-2009 at 10:58 AM

We call that sippin tequila! verrrryy cheap here in SF even!

Udo - 12-4-2009 at 12:33 PM

Quote:
And it's very inexpensive - can you say v-e-r-y inexpensive!

We have been drinking this Amendrado since 1966, when we found it at a liquor store in San Felipe. At that time it was $2.50 U.S. a one liter bottle. Prices have gone up and down over the years, but it is currently priced at $6.30 U.S. per bottle at Liqores Don Pisto in Rosarito as well as Puerto Nuevo. It is also currently available at Calimax for around $7.00 U.S. per bottle.
This stuff will turn you into an alcoholic!:bounce:

docsmom - 12-4-2009 at 01:02 PM

Quote:

Sorry Elena. Thanks for the review. Appreciate it.

capt. mike - 12-4-2009 at 01:15 PM

what's "an average of 3 years"...????
and is that a 750 ml bottle?

who wrote that ad copy?

0 to 6 years can be an average of 3.
so can 2 to 4.

for the price i'm thinking good Irish whisky.
or Sauza hornitos. or even Comemorativo.

speaking of good sauce...has anyone tried Tito's tripple distilled vodka made in Texas, i think Austin of all places. it is killer good.

DENNIS - 12-4-2009 at 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike

speaking of good sauce...has anyone tried Tito's tripple distilled vodka made in Texas, i think Austin of all places. it is killer good.

Oh Lord...Now you've done it. We won't be hearing from Skeet for a few months. :lol:

capt. mike - 12-4-2009 at 01:57 PM

Speaking of the Lord Dennis.....:light: - hey, what happened to the saint emoticon?
well anyway...i used to work with this guy in my youth when starting out in the building biz...he was a grizzled old line head supt.

he told me how every night after work and even sometimes at lunch he'd have to have a talk with "the Lord".
later i found out it was Lord Calvert.

to this day i often tell mi esposa...honey, i'm going out and have a talk with the Lord.:bounce::bounce:

DENNIS - 12-4-2009 at 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
- hey, what happened to the saint emoticon?

There's more heads that will fit on one page. If you can't find the one you want, go off site, then come back and it will probably be there, Lord permitting. :saint:

bajafreaks - 1-27-2010 at 07:15 PM

Okay no one has come forward with a Costco Tequila review so here it is... My wife bought a bottle of it last week, we like to keep a bottle of "vitamin T" in the fridge for the occasional shot and a pacifico. I must say it's definately a little harsh, compared to some of the finer anejos. For the price it's not bad but it belongs in a margarita not straight up.
Chamoucos is my favorite...servre it cold!!!

wessongroup - 1-27-2010 at 08:02 PM

Really like your "vitamin T" .. thanks that is a keeper in my book :lol::lol:

BajaNuts - 1-27-2010 at 11:03 PM

Thanks, bajafreaks, for your opinion.

As I stated when putting this up there, I'm not a VitaminT fan. VitR and VitW, yes, but not VitT.

I suggested Costco Tequila on another website recently and it pretty much got hammered.

I have not tasted it..and even if I did, I-would-not-be-qualified-to-judge-if-it-was-good-or-not...and thanks for the personal opinion of 'freaks.

Hopefully others will chime in with their first hand Costco Tequila tasting opinions. I know there's a few tqa fans around here, I was hoping to turn them on to a good thing.

I can't believe I'm here working this thread and I don't even drink t'killya!

Aw well! I did start it~~~

The Gull - 1-28-2010 at 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajafreaks
Okay no one has come forward with a Costco Tequila review so here it is... My wife bought a bottle of it last week, we like to keep a bottle of "vitamin T" in the fridge for the occasional shot and a pacifico. I must say it's definately a little harsh, compared to some of the finer anejos. For the price it's not bad but it belongs in a margarita not straight up.
Chamoucos is my favorite...servre it cold!!!

As a newbie, you should get introduced to the search function at the top of the page. There was a review of Kirkland's Tequila.

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=43297#pid4792...

bajafreaks - 1-28-2010 at 08:56 AM

Hi Gull, I actually found this thread by using the search feature, I typed in Costco Tequila and this is the only one that came up, by Bajanuts. Sorry didn't mean to step on any toes here. ;D

wessongroup - 1-28-2010 at 09:28 AM

After the third shot, it all tastes like water.. to me.. that was my big problem when I USED to drink the stuff.. it goes down so easy after the first few.. was never one to sip, and didn't like fruit, umbrella's, or anything else with my "shot" might have a beer with it.. and that would make it even worse...

I don't even like to think about it.. it wasn't pretty:):)

Doug/Vamonos - 2-5-2010 at 03:18 PM

Just bought two bottles and sampled the first. I always buy Patron Anejo for sipping and Hornitos for margs. I like Kirkland better than Patron. And $23.99 for a full liter absolutely blows away Patron at $50 plus for .75 liters. I'll get more. A cool bottle too, if they'd get rid of the Kirkland logo!

bajaguy - 2-5-2010 at 03:47 PM

I think that Kirkland logo is a decal....if so, just spray some WD-40 on it, let it sit and peel off with a straight razor blade.

wessongroup - 2-5-2010 at 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
I think that Kirkland logo is a decal....if so, just spray some WD-40 on it, let it sit and peel off with a straight razor blade.

Now how would you have this kind of information?:o:o

WD-40

bajaguy - 2-6-2010 at 09:48 AM

research, Wiley, research.......

http://www.wd40.com/files/pdf/wd-40_2042538679.pdf

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack this thread........to get back on topic, I will be visiting COSTCO today and pick up a bottle. (Also a bottle of their Kirkland Vodka.....supposed to be produced/bottled by Grey Goose)

castaway$ - 2-13-2010 at 08:50 PM

we bought a bottle and my opinion NASTY!!! It ain't Don Julio maybe it's his brother Dick Julio. I'll stick with Don Julio or Tres Generacion much better.

Natalie Ann - 2-14-2010 at 09:35 AM

At last, castaway$.... someone who agrees with my opinion of this tequila.

When first I tasted it I wished I'd saved my dinero toward a nice bottle of Tesoro, but I figured the Costco stuff would taste better when mixed for a margarita. Nope - it doesn't.

Given everyone else seems to like it just fine, I must have different taste buds. Similar ones to castaway$.

nena

oldjack - 2-18-2010 at 10:49 AM

Have any Nomads found this tequila in stock at the Costco in SJD......????? curious drinkers want to know.........

oxxo - 2-19-2010 at 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by oldjack
Have any Nomads found this tequila in stock at the Costco in SJD......????? curious drinkers want to know.........

Yup, it's there. Haven't tried it tho.