BajaNomad

Chinese food at Sin Lee's

wessongroup - 12-23-2009 at 08:12 AM

Had a chance to try Chinese food at Sin Lee's in Primo Tapia

A small place, with a nothing fancy seating arrangement, tables pulled together to form rows where you can set down and eat, or as we did, wait for a take out order.

We order a lunch which consisted of: Chicken Chop Suey, Chicken Fried Rice, One egg roll, and two pieces of chicken (per person)

The total for the meal, was ten USD.

We were able have have lunch that day, and the left overs were enough for a lunch the next day.

The cooking style is Cantonese, which is our favorite, and the menu was really quite extensive and had many items which I have yet to try.. Shark tail soup, and many, many more..

Dinners for two were priced at $16 USD and you got 4 main items, plus soup, salad, and I think rice too. They did not have any extra menu's so, will have to go back and get a copy, or take a photograph to fill in the blanks on all the rest..

Have put Lee's establishment up on the web with a picture of his location, and a goggle interactive map. I don't have his address... but, I don't think you will miss it.

If your on the old road, or the toll road.. just jump off and give him a try, I don't think you will be disappointed either.

http://web.me.com/wswesson/Wessongroup/Sin_Lee.html:):)

[Edited on 12-23-2009 by wessongroup]

Mexicorn - 12-23-2009 at 08:19 AM

I always order the specials on a board behind the cash register. Not bad you can feed two for 60 Pesos for one BIG plate. I've never gotten sick there yet. Knock on wood head! Foods OK- especially after a night of drinking!
I totally recomend wearing a bib!
Almost forgot to mention the Chinese food restaurant in north Rosarito has gone totally down hill. It's the one in that little plaza next to mama mia pizza behind the Coppel. They started off strong good food good price then something happened and the quality just dropped off.

[Edited on 12-23-2009 by Mexicorn]

BornFisher - 12-23-2009 at 09:39 AM

Thanks for the review. I`ve sat across the street at one of those little joints and wondered about this one. I love big portions and Chinese leftovers for lunch!
Hey Mexicorn--- Who are you? Let`s see, Ive eliminated Daves` alter ego, JC and gang because I`ve never seen one of them crack a computer, a few others because you don`t talk about fishing, hummmmmmmmm....................... JB????

wessongroup - 12-23-2009 at 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BornFisher
Thanks for the review. I`ve sat across the street at one of those little joints and wondered about this one. I love big portions and Chinese leftovers for lunch!
Hey Mexicorn--- Who are you? Let`s see, Ive eliminated Daves` alter ego, JC and gang because I`ve never seen one of them crack a computer, a few others because you don`t talk about fishing, hummmmmmmmm....................... JB????

Yes, it's not "Pick-Up-Sticks" to look at.. but, we figured with all the cars out front...

Later, learned they were parked there as, as one can see, the road is pretty tore up.. I parked in the middle of the street..

Would also add, we did not get sick either, nor did the dogs...

Don't know what Mexicorn had.. didn't see the specials behind the cashier, was reading the menu at a table in front across from the cashier.. will say, I did not care for the egg roll, but... the chicken chop suey was excellent as was the chicken fried rice.. the chicken was good also..

We are going to try them again... but, maybe after Christmas, my plate is full for the next few days.. no complaints.. :):)

Were you at Mariscos Alegria?? here they do a good job on fish taco's :):)

[Edited on 12-23-2009 by wessongroup]

tripledigitken - 12-23-2009 at 09:57 AM

Sounds like a place worth trying, but please don't support Shark Finning by eating the soup.

from wikipedia..............

"Over 100 million sharks are killed every year, most of which due to the demand for shark fin soup. Major declines in shark populations have been recorded in recent years—some species have been depleted by over 90% over the past 20–30 years with a population decline of 70% not being unusual. Only a small amount of the shark is actually kept. This is done is a process called finning where the fins of the shark is cut from living sharks. After the fins have been cut off, the remainder of the fish which is often still-living, is thrown back into the sea. When returned to the ocean, the finless shark is unable to swim and sinks to the ocean bottom and dies a slow death."

DENNIS - 12-23-2009 at 10:17 AM

Finning used to be a large industry in Sta. Rosalia. Wonder if it still is.

wessongroup - 12-23-2009 at 11:00 AM

You don't have to worry about me.. chicken chop suey is about as exotic as I get... and when I used to fish.. it was always catch and release.. I just liked being out there, be it fresh or salt and getting a line wet.. add to it a "hook-up" just icing on the cake to me.. :):)

Bajahowodd - 12-23-2009 at 02:12 PM

Not sure why, but it seems that really good, authentic tasting Chinese food is just about the only ethnic cuisine that can be found all over the world. Your post reminds me of eating Chinese food in East Germany just after the reunification. The place was family owned and had been there for decades. It was on par with the best I've had anywhere.

DENNIS - 12-23-2009 at 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
Not sure why, but it seems that really good, authentic tasting Chinese food is just about the only ethnic cuisine that can be found all over the world.

Almost. I've heard the Chinese food in China is terrible.

Bajahowodd - 12-23-2009 at 02:59 PM

It kind of goes with the territory. If you are used to the domestic version. Order a pizza in Rome and see what you get. Americans are conditioned to like Mexican food Sonoran style. Or worse yet, Taco Bell style. Not knocking Sonoran food, per se, but it merely scratches the surface or the panoply of Mexican Cuisine.

The Gull - 12-23-2009 at 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Not sure why, but it seems that really good, authentic tasting Chinese food is just about the only ethnic cuisine that can be found all over the world.

Kitty Fried Rice is nice.

wessongroup, You Took One for the Team

Gypsy Jan - 12-23-2009 at 07:45 PM

Mariscos Alegria, across the road, serves consistently excellent fresh and well-prepared food, meaning I will eat raw clams and oysters there.

When I asked about the Chinese restaurant across the road, they shrugged and said, "Meow".

Mexicorn - 12-23-2009 at 09:10 PM

FYI there is actually a chinese food restaurant in Chula Vista named Cat Cheon.
Get it.... Crying cat
They advertise on that TV screen next to the Sentri line in TJ.

wessongroup - 12-24-2009 at 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mexicorn
FYI there is actually a chinese food restaurant in Chula Vista named Cat Cheon.
Get it.... Crying cat
They advertise on that TV screen next to the Sentri line in TJ.

Mexicon... Chula Vista Chinese restaurants owners seem ready to try anything to sell some Food.. this one got my attention on the way down...

A Chinese restaurant, from Arizona, in California sell with Mexican menus ... does the saying "if we don't sell it, you don't need it" ring a bell :lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 12-30-2009 by wessongroup]

arrowhead - 12-24-2009 at 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by wessongroup
Had a chance to try Chinese food at Sin Lee's in Primo Tapia

A small place, with a nothing fancy seating arrangement, tables pulled together to form rows where you can set down and eat, or as we did, wait for a take out order.

We order a lunch which consisted of: Chicken Chop Suey, Chicken Fried Rice, One egg roll, and two pieces of chicken (per person)

The total for the meal, was ten USD.

Same price as north of the border in any fast food Chinese food joint.

[Edited on 12-25-2009 by arrowhead]

wessongroup - 12-24-2009 at 06:00 PM

Oh, really.... :lol::lol::lol:

Just checked on line with Pick-up Sticks:

Chicken Kung Pao 1- $7.49

Vegetable egg roll 1- $1.29

Chicken fred rice-1- $6.19

Looks like $14.97 less tax to me, plus

I didn't get 4 pieces of chicken...

Your right we could have driven up to San Yasidro, or Chula Vista and gotten Chinese food, but that doesn't seem like a really good idea to me, when Primo Tapia is about a 1 1/2 from where we are.. and seems to be cheaper than what I just saw on line for prices, but then maybe the RAISED them for Christmas as they are doing so much business ....

[Edited on 12-25-2009 by wessongroup]

Dave - 12-24-2009 at 07:07 PM

Food's good, portions are large and price is obscenely inexpensive. :biggrin:

I usually order a meat or chicken dish which comes with steamed rice, and four egg rolls for $7-$8. This will easily feed 4 people.

They also have excellent soup.

I don't know how they do it...

But I've never seen any cats hangin' around the kitchen door. :rolleyes:

Mexicorn - 12-24-2009 at 07:40 PM

Last year around christmas I crossed at Otay Mesa. The traffic was pretty backed up as I recall and I said What the hell and we pulled into that hole in the wall chinese restaurant a couple blocks before you enter the Sentri. You know how traffic backs up along that main drag and the right lane snails along. It was right there as we snailed along on the right side. Any how we walked in and sat down and looked at the menu. The waitress didnt speak any english so I turned on my pocho spanish and asked what was the most popular dish. She responded the pork. Ok I'll have one. Guys I'm not BS'n you it was one of the greatest chinese meals I've ever had. The pork was frito in small chunks with a coating of some sort but it was hot out of the fryer. It came with the fried rice and brown sauce that was poured over the top with veggies mixed in. I wish I could remember the name of that place so I could tell you guys it was great!.
Oh yea that Arizona place in CV was the place to go for good Chinese food back in the mid 90's but its gone down hill. Strangely enough it still draws a pretty good crowd all Mexicans- no one speaks good english at the place. That Crying Cat place is right around the corner. If you hankering for a decent Chinese buffet and your in San Ysidro stop in at that Sunrise buffet across from Plaza Las Americas adjacent to Baja duty free you will be plesently suprised and PIG OUT!!!
Hell the diet can start next year LOL!!!!
Dennis weather update in PB please... tick tick tick?

Because

Bajahowodd - 12-24-2009 at 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Food's good, portions are large and price is obscenely inexpensive. :biggrin:

I usually order a meat or chicken dish which comes with steamed rice, and four egg rolls for $7-$8. This will easily feed 4 people.

They also have excellent soup.

I don't know how they do it...

But I've never seen any cats hangin' around the kitchen door. :rolleyes:

They don't last very long.

DENNIS - 12-24-2009 at 09:32 PM

Quote:
Dennis weather update in PB please... tick tick tick?

Dark and quiet.

arrowhead - 12-24-2009 at 10:11 PM

Quote:

Yeah, but you just got done saying, "it's not "Pick-Up-Sticks" to look at..." I've never seen a Pick-Up-Sticks with a dirt parking lot with three parking spaces, a line of square tables and plastic chairs.

Pick-Up-Stix is a high-end Chinese fast food place. Take a look at the menu at the Arizona Chinese Restaurant somebody else just posted. You said at Sin Lee's "Dinners for two were priced at $16 USD and you got 4 main items, plus soup, salad, and I think rice too." At the Arizona Chinese Restaurant:

Chicken Chow Mein
Pork Fried Rice
Sweet & Sour Wings
BBQ Pork
Egg Roll
Fried Noodles
Soup of the Day
$7.95

Like I said, the price is the same as in the US, which kind of kills the myth of Mexico being cheaper, doesn't it? It really makes you wonder. I know the rent in that dive is only a fraction of what one would pay NOB, labor is cheaper (minimum wage is 1/10th of US), raw food is cheaper. Where's all that extra money going?

And the point is

wessongroup - 12-25-2009 at 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by arrowhead
Quote:

Yeah, but you just got done saying, "it's not "Pick-Up-Sticks" to look at..." I've never seen a Pick-Up-Sticks with a dirt parking lot with three parking spaces, a line of square tables and plastic chairs.

Pick-Up-Stix is a high-end Chinese fast food place. Take a look at the menu at the Arizona Chinese Restaurant somebody else just posted. You said at Sin Lee's "Dinners for two were priced at $16 USD and you got 4 main items, plus soup, salad, and I think rice too." At the Arizona Chinese Restaurant:

Chicken Chow Mein
Pork Fried Rice
Sweet & Sour Wings
BBQ Pork
Egg Roll
Fried Noodles
Soup of the Day
$7.95

Like I said, the price is the same as in the US, which kind of kills the myth of Mexico being cheaper, doesn't it? It really makes you wonder. I know the rent in that dive is only a fraction of what one would pay NOB, labor is cheaper (minimum wage is 1/10th of US), raw food is cheaper. Where's all that extra money going?

Oh, I was so happy this Christmas morning, he left me a present.. a post from Arrowhead…

To start with, we both don't like Pick-up Sticks as their food sucks.. I took the picture of Arizona for the advertisement, not their food.. As I have never eaten there and don’t have their menu. My post on Pick-up sticks prices were due to your post about my incorrect statement on price, and that was the restaurant, which I had used to illustrate “what Sin Lee’s place was not”

Your generalized statement about price, one would have to do a survey, which might not be a bad idea for Chinese restaurants in Baja, as that is where we are, not in the States.

I took the picture of Sin Lee's so that folks; 1-new where it was, 2-new up front what it looked like and 3-could see the parking area... as I think I also posted that the road was tore up and I parked in the street.

And just what is your underlying POINT, for me I was trying to give a little business to a small business in Primo Tapia.. Would appear that you want to slow his business even more, something I don't get!!...

Let's see what your saying? It's cheaper in the U.S. or that the food is not as good, or that my statement might not be correct or that you don't like what I posted..

I also posted that you can buy water in Primo Tapia too.. I suppose you can buy water in the states cheaper too, why didn’t you jump on that, as one can... or do you have a thing for Sin Lee’s

Will just say, If YOU don't want to give them a try, then drive the F*** on by!!! I wasn't aware I had a gun to your head, or your family as hostages....

As for the Arizona Chinese restaurant, I just thought their advertisement was somewhat funny.. If the humor of their "sign" escapes you, well that can’t be my fault too..

I posted under restaurant reviews, ... it was a review, and if you have eaten there (Sin Lee’s) then contribute something, which relates to the dinning experience.

As to the cat/horse/dog thing, it’s all protein… and for me, I’ve been eating off the street vendors in Mexico since 1952 and must be just plain lucky as I have only gotten sick once… and that was in Acapulco in a high end Hotel on a comped stay from Dow Chemical, the meal was steak, or horse which ever you prefer..

And, I would like to know if any of you that keep making the “cat” thing comment, factually know that “cat’s” are being used.. Or maybe it’s a type of humor, which I don’t know yet. I we were driving up in Primo on the other side of the toll road and saw a lot of chickens in people yards and some running lose.

I’ve dissected a few of cat’s while in school, their meat looked like chicken to me.. And I’ve never gotten sick on them yet.. So, what is the big woof!! Put hot sauce on it !!

Merry Christmas, and a Happy New.. Eat where you want, give a shout out for your favorite Chinese restaurant in Baja,... Please do, as we like good Chinese food, as do others it would appear.. and for the gas money to go up to the states for a meal, I’ll give it to Sin Lee so he can fatten up those cats:lol::lol::lol:

noproblemo2 - 12-25-2009 at 06:31 AM

DITTO!!!!!!!!Merry Christmas everyone:D:D:D

The Gull - 12-25-2009 at 08:27 AM

There's a grinch every year. Can you find him on this thread?

Merry Christmas to Dennis, Dave, Mexicorn, Jan and Wesson.

Does Sin Lee mean without Lee?

Mexicorn - 12-25-2009 at 08:39 AM

Merry christmas Dave and The Gull!

DENNIS - 12-25-2009 at 08:40 AM

As they say at the Arizona restaurant....MELLY CLISSMAS.

noproblemo2 - 12-29-2009 at 07:19 PM

Well we had the BEST chinese lunch ever there today!!!! Lunch for 2 $12.00 with enough left for yet another meal, pork tastes like pork, chicken like chicken, and beef like beef, no meow in ours...

Noproblemo2, Thanks for the First Hand Reporting

Gypsy Jan - 12-29-2009 at 07:31 PM

It is s always the best and most reliable.

Snark is easy, but going into the field and into the dining room can be...delicious, if you are fortunate.

Sounds like all the jokers (myself included) are missing out on some good, cheap eats.

I should eat some crow now, but I can't catch the dang things!

GJ

jeans - 12-29-2009 at 07:57 PM

I saw that sign last Friday on our way to deliver Christmas presents to a family that lives behind there. Positive reviews such as yours can mean a lot to a small, struggling family establishment. Thanks...

Quote:

The most unpleasant Chinese food I've ever had was in Malaysia, where one third of the population is Chinese. There was a spice or a flavoring that was used in a chicken dish that I had never tasted before..and didn't like, but the most objectionable part was picking out bones & hunks of fat & skin. I started favoring vegetarian selections when ordering off the menu. Fortunately buffets were popular...I could check everything out first.

noproblemo2 - 12-29-2009 at 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy Jan
It is s always the best and most reliable.

Snark is easy, but going into the field and into the dining room can be...delicious, if you are fortunate.

Sounds like all the jokers (myself included) are missing out on some good, cheap eats.

I should eat some crow now, but I can't catch the dang things!

GJ
It's WELL worth a visit, the food is really good and the people who work there are so nice..

noproblemo2 - 12-29-2009 at 08:03 PM

It's also spotless

Sin Lee

wessongroup - 12-29-2009 at 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by noproblemo2
It's also spotless

Hope your not coughing up fur balls.. we are still ok, but I have this strange desire to curl up on the couch

All kidding aside, so glad you had a good eating experience, the folks that work there could use a few new customers, don't all restaurants ......

The wife took pictures of the menu... as they don't have extra ones.. the pictures are a bit rough, but they should give one an idea of what you can order and what is costs

http://web.me.com/wswesson/Wessongroup/Sin_Lee_menu.html

noproblemo2 - 12-29-2009 at 08:32 PM

Well you just reminded me I forgot to mention just how large a selection of foods that are available on their menu. Rivals any good Chinese Restaurant north of the border!!!! They are a MUST try establishments...

UnoMas - 12-29-2009 at 09:48 PM

Chinese food in Mexico isn't any diffrent than Mexican food NOB. Some good , some not so good. :spingrin:
You pay the price and take your chances....:lol::lol:

The Gull - 12-31-2009 at 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by UnoMas
Chinese food in Mexico isn't any diffrent than Mexican food NOB. Some good , some not so good. :spingrin:
You pay the price and take your chances....:lol::lol:

I wish I had that kind of insight into the way the world actually is.

Wiley

The Gull - 12-31-2009 at 10:14 AM

What is Chun Kun?

The #2 Special looks like a winner.

DENNIS - 12-31-2009 at 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Gull
What is Chun Kun?

Egg Roll.

wessongroup - 12-31-2009 at 01:51 PM

Thanks Dennis, had no idea... and think I mentioned I did not like their egg roll.. the rest was good in my book.. my favorite however is the Chop Suey... plus his rice is very good too.. the wife just got the #8 and we have a lot of left over food.. I mean a lot, she order a side of the Cashew Chicken Chop Suey also .. going to be having the Chop Suey and rice again latter this afternoon.. Alone with the Mexican Army... as my wife just doesn't think we ever have enough food in the refrigerator.. this place we are renting is crimping her style, the box is about 10 cubic feet.. I don't think most women have refrigerators smaller that 25 cubic, plus one or two in the garage, Yeah I know "AND THE PROBLEM IS!!!"

Just had a cold ham and cheese on "Bagutte Grande Punto de Venta" 7 peso's from Walmart in Rosarito.. it was really, really very good bread!!

Gull... hope your dinning experience is good, hate to steer you wrong.. if it's bad I owe you a "rib eyed steak" OK

Oh, one thing they don't have that we like, pan fried noodles.. maybe if enough ask for them...:):):)

[Edited on 12-31-2009 by wessongroup]

[Edited on 12-31-2009 by wessongroup]

noproblemo2 - 12-31-2009 at 02:13 PM

I'm STILL eating Chinese food from Tuesday!!! So far 7 meals out of what was supposed to feed 2............

Bajahowodd - 12-31-2009 at 02:21 PM

Does anyone still have egg foo young on the menu?

wessongroup - 12-31-2009 at 03:21 PM

Thanks that is the other thing we like, but can't seem to find around much anymore, again, I did not read over the entire menu.. , might just take this HP all in one over and just scan it....

And, I will ask if he can.. or will... try both the pan fried noodles, and the egg foo young, seems like it used to be that one could always get some... and I would not mind having a "taste"

Great idea.. will start asking around and looking around... :):)

Bajahowodd - 12-31-2009 at 03:47 PM

When I was (much) younger, you could find egg foo young on just about any Chinese restaurant menu. (caveat- I'm talking about East coast US) It has virtually disappeared. It is certainly not a health food, but it is certainly tasty.

ELINVESTIG8R - 12-31-2009 at 04:51 PM

I love Chinese food!

Disclaimer: Before you open the below "Cat in the Kettle" song remember this song is no reflection on the restaurant above. I have never eaten there so have no comment about its food. The song is a parody of a Chinese Restaurant called the "Peking Moon" and again in no way reflects my feeling about the above identified restaurant.

CAT IN THE KETTLE

Oh, yeah for the select one or possibly two of you how about not playing favorites with those you agree with who actually criticize a restaurant that is an institution and, which will in fact be affected by their comments. You are an inconsistent grump! Can we move along now! Thank you and have a blessed day!

[Edited on 1-1-2010 by BajaNomad]

[Edited on 1-2-2010 by ELINVESTI8]

Food Police

wessongroup - 12-31-2009 at 05:29 PM

Quote:
When I was (much) younger, you could find egg foo young on just about any Chinese restaurant menu. (caveat- I'm talking about East coast US) It has virtually disappeared. It is certainly not a health food, but it is certainly tasty.

Was true on the West coast as I remember too... don't really understand the reasons.. unless it has to do with the egg roll and/or the egg foo young police...

This is about the only place where putting bacon on something is still OK.. have just loved the use of "bacon" on Halibut and the other one was "bacon" on the Turkey on a Webber BBQ.. the thought of the smells coming off.... well, let's just say.. thank you again... :):)

Sin Lee

conquestkm - 12-31-2009 at 05:35 PM

Had take out there last night . Real good and the prices are killer . Coming from the SF Bay area for 35 years we know Chinese food the best and many times the worst . This was very clean and hot and fast . I have eaten in many worst places in San Fran . The menu is very large and the sections are plentiful . Is on our list . By the way the owner isn't Chinese . By the way I have been to China ,you might not want to eat in a lot of those places

DENNIS - 12-31-2009 at 05:44 PM

Quote:
I'm STILL eating Chinese food from Tuesday

That's what I used to like about Connie Chung. Or, thought I might.

wessongroup - 12-31-2009 at 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by conquestkm
Had take out there last night . Real good and the prices are killer . Coming from the SF Bay area for 35 years we know Chinese food the best and many times the worst . This was very clean and hot and fast . I have eaten in many worst places in San Fran . The menu is very large and the sections are plentiful . Is on our list . By the way the owner isn't Chinese . By the way I have been to China ,you might not want to eat in a lot of those places

Hispanic... most likely.. it's always been really funny to me to look into the kitchen of soooo many restaurants and see the cooks.. most are "Hispanic" and are cooking everything from Chinese to Italian and they always do a very good job .. and thanks for you input, all helps in making a decision on where your going to eat :):)

The Gull - 12-31-2009 at 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jeans
I think the audio is disgusting and should be removed.

Garfield's on my fork? Meow! Chapin (Weird Al Yankovic) never sounded better.

Did you ever think when you eat Chinese,
It ain't pork or chicken, but a fat siamese,
Yet the food tastes great, so ya don't complain,
but that's not chicken in your chicken chow
mein.
Seems to me I ordered sweet and sour pork,
But Garfield's on my fork,
He's purrin here on my fork...

There's a cat in the kettle at the Peking Moon,
The place that I eat everyday at noon,
They can feed you cat and you'll never know,
Once they wrap it up in dough, boys,
They fry it real crisp in dough.

Chou Lin asked if I wanted more,
As he was dialin up his buddy at the old pet store,
I said not today,
I lost my apettite,
There's two cats in my belly and they want to fight,
I was suckin on a Rolaid and a Tums or two,
When I swear I heard it mew, boy,
And that is when I knew...

I think I gotta stop eating there at noon,
They say that it's beef or fish or pork,
But it's purrin there on my fork,
There's a hairball on my fork.

arrowhead - 12-31-2009 at 09:36 PM

Stopped and had dinner at the Pick-up Stix in San Clemente last Sunday night. The one on Avenida Pico. We were four big adults. We had four main courses and softdrinks. Total bill was $36, and we took home two big buckets of leftovers. The parking lot was paved, had over 100 parking spaces and the tables and chairs were not made of plastic. The cooks were Mexican, as was the waitress who brought our food.

If you say dinner for two is $20 at Sin Lee's, please explain to me again how Sin Lee's is cheaper. I'm just not getting it.

The Gull - 12-31-2009 at 09:46 PM

Quote:
The cooks were Mexican, as was the waitress who brought our food.

If you say dinner for two is $20 at Sin Lee's, please explain to me again how Sin Lee's is cheaper. I'm just not getting it.

You are:

1) a very very slow learner (reading the Sin Lee menu is beyond your abilities)
2) bigoted
3) unable to think in anything but 'merican culture
4) comfortable with bragging about eating at craphole chain restaurants

You should:

1) stay in the US
2) stay in the US
3) stay in the US
4) stay in the US

wessongroup - 12-31-2009 at 10:56 PM

Quote:
Stopped and had dinner at the Pick-up Stix in San Clemente last Sunday night. The one on Avenida Pico. We were four big adults. We had four main courses and softdrinks. Total bill was $36, and we took home two big buckets of leftovers. The parking lot was paved, had over 100 parking spaces and the tables and chairs were not made of plastic. The cooks were Mexican, as was the waitress who brought our food.

who said "price" was the point in this thread... and paved parking lots.. and for the record I said we both think "Pick-Sticks" sucks and that's my story and I'm sticking to it...

Looks like your having a Happy New Years... so am I... Happy New Year..

[Edited on 1-1-2010 by wessongroup]

woody with a view - 12-31-2009 at 10:58 PM

the Gull soars!

arrowhead - 1-1-2010 at 02:56 AM

Found this candid picture of The Gull hanging around outside Rene's.

noproblemo2 - 1-1-2010 at 06:10 AM

Quote:
Quote:

You are:

2) bigoted

You should:

1) stay in the US
2) stay in the US
3) stay in the US
4) stay in the US

I'll second this!!! Anyone for third and motion passed?

Jan 1, 2010

The Gull - 1-1-2010 at 08:31 AM

Today is a Menudo morning.:yes::yes::tumble::spingrin::spingrin::rolleyes::rolleyes::bounce::bounce:

Mexicorn - 1-1-2010 at 08:43 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You are:

2) bigoted

You should:

1) stay in the US
2) stay in the US
3) stay in the US
4) stay in the US

I'll second this!!! Anyone for third and motion passed?

I'll third the motion... Motion passed !
Doug can you please remove Fulano/ Arrowhead/ Nancy/ Majorie/ Sybil from our board all in favor.......

AYE!!!!! Resounding AYE!!!!!!!!!!
See you on that other board A-HOLE/ I mean ARROWHEAD

wessongroup - 1-1-2010 at 09:13 AM

Quote:
Today is a Menudo morning.:yes::yes::tumble::spingrin::spingrin::rolleyes::rolleyes::bounce::bounce:

well, so much for that Costco brand Tequila and no hang overs... darn.. thought there was hope...

The Gull - 1-1-2010 at 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ELINVESTI8
Oh my goodness. A second complaint by the same person about what I embedded in the thread. Oh I am soooo blessed you are on here keeping the masses protected from me! I am sure they thank you!

PETA thanks the great animal protector of the board. No cats were hurt during the creation of this thread with or without the musical accompaniment.

peta-campaign-logo-780981.jpg - 22kB

Mexicorn - 1-1-2010 at 10:23 AM

Whats a guy gotta do around here to get a little PECHUGA?

Organic food

wessongroup - 1-1-2010 at 10:51 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by jeans
I think the audio is disgusting and should be removed.

Garfield's on my fork? Meow! Chapin (Weird Al Yankovic) never sounded better.

Did you ever think when you eat Chinese,
It ain't pork or chicken, but a fat siamese,
Yet the food tastes great, so ya don't complain,
but that's not chicken in your chicken chow
mein.
Seems to me I ordered sweet and sour pork,
But Garfield's on my fork,
He's purrin here on my fork...

The place that I eat everyday at noon,
They can feed you cat and you'll never know,
Once they wrap it up in dough, boys,
They fry it real crisp in dough.

Chou Lin asked if I wanted more,
As he was dialin up his buddy at the old pet store,
I said not today,
I lost my apettite,
There's two cats in my belly and they want to fight,
I was suckin on a Rolaid and a Tums or two,
When I swear I heard it mew, boy,
And that is when I knew...

I think I gotta stop eating there at noon,
They say that it's beef or fish or pork,
But it's purrin there on my fork,
There's a hairball on my fork.

Usually just use my fingers to pick it out of my food.. however one thing that has been over looked:

A thing to consider about cat's in Mexico... they are "organic" in most cases.. no flea collars, no medications, no prepared meals with MSG and others materials which leave residues from the "production" of food and fiber like in the States.. yeah, they are organic.. so eat up..

arrowhead - 1-1-2010 at 01:37 PM

Quote:
Doug can you please remove Fulano/ Arrowhead/ Nancy/ Majorie/ Sybil from our board all in favor.......

Geeze, you've been here three months and now you run the board. The other day, some new poster comes here, asks an honest question, and you jump right in and insult him. You can stop trying to guess my name. It is Tom Goodman, originally from Malvern, AR. What's yours?

The Gull - 1-1-2010 at 01:56 PM

Quote:
...originally from Malvern, AR.

Gee, what a surprise. 'Nuff said.

One, six month poster says to the three month poster - "y'all, think you own the board. Hell BOY, I jus got to saying Baja without using the 'jay'."

The Gull - 1-1-2010 at 02:04 PM

Quote:

Marry a Chinese girl.

Emphasis on "Little"?

Bajahowodd - 1-1-2010 at 02:10 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Marry a Chinese girl.

DENNIS - 1-1-2010 at 02:33 PM

Gull....Check your U2U.

Bajahowodd - 1-1-2010 at 02:38 PM

:lol::lol:

The Gull - 1-1-2010 at 08:02 PM

Quote:
Gull....Check your U2U.

Hmmmm Nancy.

noproblemo2 - 1-1-2010 at 10:00 PM

AND THIS HAS WHAT TO DO WITH Chinese food at Sin Lee's!!!!!!!!!!

k-rico - 1-1-2010 at 11:46 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Geeze, you've been here three months and now you run the board. The other day, some new poster comes here, asks an honest question, and you jump right in and insult him. You can stop trying to guess my name. It is Tom Goodman, originally from Malvern, AR. What's yours?

Just checked the name via ME records. The late Mr Goodman passed away in 1987.
Nancy you must take us for lame idiots. PS Arrowhead your IP address hails from TJ just south of Playas...

Mexicorn,

Two questions, you said:

"PS Arrowhead your IP address hails from TJ just south of Playas... "

I'm curious about how you know the IPaddress. How the Internet works is an interest of mine.

Second, why did you pick that Avatar?

BTW, there is a Tom Goodman from Malvern AR living in Rosarito. Look a bit closer - like at the first link that comes up after you Google "Tom Goodman Malvern, AR"

It probably came up first because it's sitting in a memory cache of some Internet router/gizmo close by. Perhaps it got there when Arrowhead found it earlier.

Arrowhead ain't stupid.

[Edited on 1-2-2010 by k-rico]

JESSE - 1-2-2010 at 01:26 AM

I used to go to Sin Lee's almost every other weekend when i lived in Tijuana.

1.-Food is good
2.-Very inexpensive
3.-Best chinese south of Rosarito
4.-Chinese restaurants in Mexico don't sell real shark fin soup
5.-I would recommend it to anyone near that area

arrowhead - 1-2-2010 at 01:27 AM

Quote:
Nancy you must take us for lame idiots.

I'll have you know that after I got up off the floor laughing, I had to sit on my hands to keep from responding to that straight line.

:lol::lol::lol:
Quote:
Originally posted by k-rico
Arrowhead ain't stupid.

:lol::lol::lol:

Somehow, I think Mexikook has been having a bad day. Tough way to start off a New Year. He should probably just stick to ragging on about Harry O.

Mexicorn - 1-2-2010 at 08:34 AM

Nancy Identity theft is a crime. Why dont you go back to swimming with those brown twinkies and righting the wrongs up there in SADM?
Have you met my friend up there...?
You know the big older white guy with the long grey pony tail.. He loves to drink and pick fights like you... Watch out he's a footprinter. He drives his car real fast down Calle Cantil..
he he he...

The Gull - 1-2-2010 at 08:43 AM

Contact Tom at lajollahoa02@lajolladerosaritohoa.com and ask him how he chose the name arrowhead.

arrowhead - 1-2-2010 at 12:24 PM

Quote:
Contact Tom at lajollahoa02@lajolladerosaritohoa.com and ask him how he chose the name arrowhead.

I called. Somebody by the name of Buford T. Boedecker answered. By the way, do you want to see what happens when you buy a $600,000 "luxury" condo at La Jolla of Rosarito and the first winter storm hits?

Mark my words. In less than 15 years, that "luxury" building will be condemned and uninhabitable. That shoddy construction cannot withstand a seashore environment.

Mexicorn - 1-2-2010 at 12:29 PM

Quote:
Quote:

I called. Somebody by the name of Buford T. Boedecker answered. By the way, do you want to see what happens when you buy a $600,000 "luxury" condo at La Jolla of Rosarito and the first winter storm hits?

Mark my words. In less than 15 years, that "luxury" building will be condemned and uninhabitable. That shoddy construction cannot withstand a seashore environment.

Again Thank you for your brilliant insight Nancy. Now go soak your head imposter!
Say Hello to Bud and Mercedes for me!

DENNIS - 1-2-2010 at 12:34 PM

Where can I buy a program? I don't know half the players in the cast.

noproblemo2 - 1-2-2010 at 12:41 PM

Quote:
Quote:

A good many of those "condos" being/have been built were all built the same way, a great many on $20.00 a day pay for people who were never qualified to build them in the first place. If people buying them do not see how they are being built they shouldn't be buying them, same for a house. Everything is buyer beware unless you personally oversee said construction. Just hope when they start falling no one is hurt..

The Program is Free

Bajahowodd - 1-2-2010 at 12:46 PM

Quote:

Just need popcorn!:lol:

Mexicorn - 1-2-2010 at 12:47 PM

Quote:

Join the cast Join the footprinters or at least try hanging out at Renes in Rosarito when they reopen.
Besides when you join you get to clean toliets its fun!

DENNIS - 1-2-2010 at 12:50 PM

Quote:
Just hope when they start falling no one is hurt..

Watching your new, expensive lanai [is that a Mexican word?] fall into the pool would be painful enough.

DENNIS - 1-2-2010 at 12:54 PM

Quote:

Join the cast Join the footprinters or at least try hanging out at Renes in Rosarito when they reopen.

Is Renés supposed to reopen? That gin-mill has seen more body bags, retirees without hobbys, go out the back door than the Social Security hospital.

Mexicorn - 1-2-2010 at 01:03 PM

Renes has seen its fair share of patrons passing on in the past five years.
Must be the Oso Negro and Marlbrough red pack-
Come to think of it so has Sharkeys-
Oh no you guys have all those recovering alcoholics in Punta Banda- How Boring!

Bajahowodd - 1-2-2010 at 01:07 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Both are excellent ways to meet Tom Goodman!:lol:

Kramer

wessongroup - 1-2-2010 at 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JESSE
I used to go to Sin Lee's almost every other weekend when i lived in Tijuana.

1.-Food is good
2.-Very inexpensive
3.-Best chinese south of Rosarito
4.-Chinese restaurants in Mexico don't sell real shark fin soup
5.-I would recommend it to anyone near that area

Thanks for the objective approach to the issue... but, I'm still laughing about your signature... had no idea what it meant... I had the wife read the posts today... she doesn't get involved.. and will not even talk about this stuff.. let alone read it, but in this case she started busting up, after I asked her to read what was being said about Sin Lee's Chinese Food, as she was the one, that told me to stop!!! I want to try their Chinese Food... I asked her what was so funny... She said the "Soup N-zi"... I said what?, then she explained to me the episode in Steinfeld with the "roll" and George (Your pressing your luck little man).. I'm still laughing.. that's for the humor too... :):)

The Gull - 1-2-2010 at 01:55 PM

Quote:

Fulano, Margie, Bancoduo, latortuguera, palmeto99 have all been banned. Nancy Drew appears to have been left on the side of the road in favor of Arrowhead. Someone named Arrowheadbaja was banned a while back. There is no Sybil.

DENNIS - 1-2-2010 at 02:29 PM

Quote:
Someone named Arrowheadbaja was banned a while back.

That may have been our old pal, Little Fish.

noproblemo2 - 1-2-2010 at 02:48 PM

This is like an on-line soap-opera:lol::lol::lol:
Still trying to find the connection here to Sin Lees:?:

wessongroup - 1-2-2010 at 03:23 PM

Quote:
This is like an on-line soap-opera:lol::lol::lol:
Still trying to find the connection here to Sin Lees:?:

I told everyone that Sin Lee's menu was extensive.. all is covered in his menu, everything!!!:):)

noproblemo2 - 1-2-2010 at 03:34 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I told everyone that Sin Lee's menu was extensive.. all is covered in his menu, everything!!!:):)

I'll say!!! This is a VERY extensive review of their wonderful food!!!!

All this talk about food

The Gull - 1-3-2010 at 05:15 PM

has made me hungry for Sin Lee chinese food.

Arrowhead, I'm buying if you are eating?

Can you get past your bigotry long enough to have a meal in Baja?

Take the challenge.

Mexicorn - 1-3-2010 at 06:10 PM

LOL Thats great! Remember to duck Gull!

desertcpl - 1-3-2010 at 07:20 PM

Quote:
Renes has seen its fair share of patrons passing on in the past five years.
Must be the Oso Negro and Marlbrough red pack-
Come to think of it so has Sharkeys-
Oh no you guys have all those recovering alcoholics in Punta Banda- How Boring!

maybe you can remember some one that I knew very well that did past on at Renes one night

Mick Chesron,, he lived near by Renes