BajaNomad

Hotel At San Luis Gonzaga Info Please

bajaponderosa - 8-3-2010 at 02:24 PM

Does any of my fellow Nomads have the current phone number for the hotel at Gonzaga Bay. Or a email address that does not come back saying no good. Please Help. I need to make a resv. for the month of October. Thanks

desertcpl - 8-3-2010 at 03:20 PM

Alphonsina's has been hosting the Baja wild and weary since 1961 and is the only civilized game in town, if you are looking for a decent roof over your head. New rooms with beds offer nice accommodations right on the beach.

The six newer rooms just north of the restaurant were completed in 1996 and are actually pretty nice. Each one features a private bathroom. Three of these face the ocean, the other three face the airstrip and the inner bay.

Ten new rooms on the south end of the restaurant were completed in 1998. The five downstairs rooms are huge and the five upstairs rooms offer big balconies with beautiful views of the ocean, back bay, and mountains. What these rooms lack in amenities, nature more than makes up for in spectacular views!

ALPHONSINA'S RESORT

Phone 011-52 (664) 648-1951.
Fax 011-52 (664) 626-2626.
Mailing address: Post Office Box 2229, Chula Vista, California, U.S.A. 91912.
Located near the end of the sand spit, at the north end of the dirt runway, east side.
On the beach.
16 rooms / restaurant / bar / margarita - sunset deck.
Joaquin Card##as (Alphonsina's son) and his bride Susana (and their young son Joaquin Junior!) have taken over for Alphonsina at the resort, and provide excellent service for guests and travelers who stop by. Good people!
The best way to be sure a room is available when you arrive is to fax or write Joaquin or Alphonsina 30 days in advance. The fax number is 011-52 (66) 26-1645. Rooms sleep 4 people in two big beds. Discounted rates for one person in a room.

David K - 8-3-2010 at 06:21 PM

It is ALFONSINA'S (no 'ph' in Spanish for an 'f' sound) but great details on the motel!

Just plain beautiful... and the garlic shrimp dinners at the restaurant are awesome!

There are also cabins at Campo Sacrificio a few miles south, photos posted recently.

Tricky213 - 8-4-2010 at 11:30 PM

Hey David, how do i post pics here on nomad. I have a bunch of old pics from the late 50's when my cabin was built. It was the 4th one built at alfonsinas.

David K - 8-5-2010 at 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tricky213
Hey David, how do i post pics here on nomad. I have a bunch of old pics from the late 50's when my cabin was built. It was the 4th one built at alfonsinas.

I would love to see those!!! Gonzaga (Alfonsina's) was my first Baja trip back in summer, 1965 (I was almost 8)...

If you have problems or until you figure it out, you can email me the photos and I will post them here for you. Here is a how to guide I recently emailed to another Nomad:

Okay... the easiest way to post photos on Nomad is to:

1) Set up an account on Photobucket.com (it's free) to store duplicates of your photos, and resize them for message board posting).

2) Once on photobucket, pick the 'more options', where you click to upload images off your PC and pick a REDUCED size:

More Upload Options
Resize my images to:
Tiny ( 100 x 75 ) 1280 x 960
Small ( 160 x 120 ) 1600 x 1200
Medium ( 320 x 240 ) 2048 x 1536
Large ( 640 x 480 ) 2592 x 1944
15" screen ( 800 x 600 ) 3648 x 2736
17" screen ( 1024 x 768 ) 4000 x 3000
1 megabyte file size 2 megabyte file size

As you can see, I pick 'Large', so the photos are not sooo big on Nomad. I have also used '15" screen' as a max. size for most detail, like on maps. The standard upload size (if you don't pre-pick one) is 1 meg. and that stretches the forum pages wide and is over the 800 x 600 pixel size limit request.

3) Pick photos to upload to photobucket.com from your PC.

4) Now, at each of your photos on photobucket are links for sharing that photo. You want to choose this one:

IMG for bulletin boards & forums
Just copy the URL given for the photo, with your mouse (copy, paste).
Here is one: [IMG]http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc212/DavidKier/IMG00024.jpg [/IMG] (a space was inserted so the text and not the photo would show here)

Any photo can be shown on Nomad if [IMG] is before the URL (a URL is a 'link' that starts with http://) for that photo and [/IMG] is after (no spaces).

5) Paste that entire link on Nomad in the area where you type a post... You can post several photos, put captions or text below or between them, or just photos (I double space the links to leave a bit of space between them.

That's it!

Photos can be posted onto Nomad (using the Browse button) directly from your PC's files only if the photo is UNDER 50 kb in size. Before Photobucket, I would duplicate any photo I wanted to show on Nomad and reduce the size from the original... took some time!

David

Campo Sacrificio

mcfez - 8-5-2010 at 07:32 AM

DK
Never heard of this place. Can you do your famous map drawing for directions as to where this place is exactly located. Coundn't find pictures in the Search Engine here either....Txs.

David K - 8-5-2010 at 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mcfez
DK
Never heard of this place. Can you do your famous map drawing for directions as to where this place is exactly located. Coundn't find pictures in the Search Engine here either....Txs.

See photos and room rates here: http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=46146

It is accessed off the road to Campo Beluga (a mile+ south of Rancho Grande market... and is south of Beluga. We saw signs for Sacrifico back in 2007 when we camped at Beluga, didn't go have a look (terrible name we thought).

Here's my map from a few years ago... shows Beluga:

[Edited on 8-5-2010 by David K]

Bingo!

mcfez - 8-5-2010 at 08:16 AM

Okay...got it now....I remember a sign of this place. Thanks 4 taking the time to show me this.