BajaNomad

When in Asuncion on a weekend.

vgabndo - 1-31-2011 at 05:19 PM

Tacos Don Ramon, behind the backstop of the Municipal Baseball Park in Bahia Asuncion BCS.

VGABNDO and iflyfish have agreed on a commendation for the proprietors, whose names I've lost, (help Shari). Fish or Shrimp only. Open Saturdays and Sundays only.

Baja 2011 second download 010 (Small).jpg - 45kB

vgabndo - 1-31-2011 at 05:28 PM

I've been doing a lot of research on fish tacos, and I rank these right up there with the best. Nice fish portion size, simple low salt, perfect thickness breading, and cooked to almost oil free perfection. The minced onion and cilantro option was missing, but both the red and green salsas were quality tested recipes. Straight watered-down mayo seems to be the going trend for salsa blanca these days.

Baja 2011 second download 002 (Small).jpg - 43kB

Bajamatic - 1-31-2011 at 05:45 PM

Tacos de Ramon could use some ratings info on www.tacosdebaja.com

BajaGringo - 1-31-2011 at 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajamatic
Tacos de Ramon could use some ratings info on www.tacosdebaja.com

Rating Baja Taco Stands...

DianaT - 1-31-2011 at 06:04 PM

The owner told us his nickname is Chava ---full name is on the community web site. The several very good places to eat in Asuncion are listed on the Food Page.
I don't remember the names of the others who are there---have them written down, but can't find it right now.

http://www.bahiaasuncion.ORG.

They are a very good place, have not been open for a real long time, and we hope they do very well. Glad you enjoyed it!

Some of the restaurants listed on the web-page are better than others, but all of us are committed to information only for the web page---we thought it better that way. :yes:

[Edited on 2-1-2011 by DianaT]

Russ - 1-31-2011 at 06:14 PM

Let me see if I've got this right...
Fish is cooked to perfection, great/fresh red & green salsa, watered down mayo, no onions, no cilantro.Beer, frejol, Limes, lettuce or chiles? And $13pesos.

lingililingili - 1-31-2011 at 06:24 PM

We tried Tacos de Ramon for the first time this November and they were excellent. I don't know if she always has that sesame seed salsa but it is fantastic salsa on the tacos! While our tacos were being made, beer was purchased across the street and all was great.

BMG - 1-31-2011 at 06:29 PM

I seem to remember her name being Isabel. Her fish tacos are only exceeded by her shrimp tacos. They are the best I've ever had (but I am still looking.) And that sesame sauce she makes? WOW!

tacos_camaron_at_Tacos_de_Ramon_Nov27_2010.JPG - 30kB

BajaBlanca - 1-31-2011 at 06:30 PM

lingililingili - what does your baja nomad name mean ?????

BajaRat - 1-31-2011 at 06:55 PM

BajaBlanca,
I second that motion?
I'm Ron Burgundy?

Vgabndo and Iflyfish

Skipjack Joe - 1-31-2011 at 07:07 PM

"This could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship".

casablanca.jpg - 31kB

lingililingili - 1-31-2011 at 08:27 PM

BajaBlanca and BajaRat, it means trouble maker or a name for someone who likes to stir the pot!

shari - 1-31-2011 at 08:35 PM

the man's name is Sergio and hands down THE BEST shrimp tacos EVER ANYWHERE...fresh, succulent, generous portion of cleaned shrimp, light batter with no oregano(just how I like it), not too salty either and their fixins are beatiful and fresh too and you can just get a 6 pack of Tecate next door at Lupe's store (juan's cousin). It is now a weekend tradition with us all to eat there.

vgabndo - 1-31-2011 at 09:37 PM

Ah yes, I forgot about the sesame salsa; another apparently old tested recipe.:P