BajaNomad

Mexican cartel renames itself 'Knights Templar'

DENNIS - 3-12-2011 at 10:53 AM

March 11, 2011 12:26 AM
Ildefonso Ortiz
The Monitor
Like a knight in shining armor, a Mexican drug cartel is claiming that it will protect the public from kidnappings, extortions, robberies and other crimes.

La Familia Michoacana, a criminal organization known for its violence and its narcotics trafficking — mainly methamphetamine production — is looking to re-emerge under the name of the Knights Templar. La Familia Michoacana is a partner of the Gulf Cartel and the Sinaloa Cartel and has stepped up its presence in northern Mexico in its fight against the Zetas.

La Familia is also the main supplier of methamphetamine in the United States, according to U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency documents.

The announcement of the name change was made through several banners that were strewn through Mexico and through various online communiqués where a group claiming to be the Knights Templar said it would now be in charge of all activities previously done by La Familia Michoacana.

“Our commitment with society will be the: safeguarding of order, preventing robberies, kidnappings and extortions and to shield the state from rival organizations,” the banners stated.

La Familia Michoacana is an extremely violent drug trafficking organization involved in extortion, kidnapping and other criminal activities, according to DEA documents.

RE-BRANDING

The new name is nothing more than an attempt of the organization to re-emerge with a title that is typically associated with a charitable and benign group, said George W. Grayson, a professor at the College of William and Mary and author of Mexico: Narco Violence and a Failed State.

“It’s an interesting choice,” Grayson said. “The Knights Templar were known as a charitable organization in the 12th century and were even recognized by the pope in the 1130s for their good deeds.

“Also, they were the most vicious warriors in the Crusades,” he said. “That may be the message they are trying to send.”

While last year Mexican authorities announced the demise of the organization with the slaying of Nazario (El Chayo) Moreno, Grayson said that the organization is strong and spreading thanks to its alliance with the Sinaloa and the Gulf Cartel.

La Familia has operatives throughout the United States, including Houston, Dallas, Atlanta and various locations in California, according to DEA documents.

Because of the alliance La Familia has spread from its cradle in Michoacan to the states of Tamaulipas, Guerrero, Queretaro, Chiapas, Jalisco, Colima and others, reaching some areas as far as Baja California and Tijuana.

gnukid - 3-12-2011 at 11:39 AM

Is it appropriate for me to say I told you so,now?

Bajahowodd - 3-12-2011 at 04:01 PM

What it tells me is that the folks, at least at the top of this organization, are not some street scum. Appears there are some very literate and educated people involved, who determined that the money was an overriding factor.

monoloco - 3-12-2011 at 04:06 PM

Or they have just been watching the History channel a lot.

DENNIS - 3-12-2011 at 04:21 PM

The "Robin Hood" image will go a long way in the disenfranchised sectors of society. They can afford to be magnanimous when the government won't or can't.
It's scarey that these groups have become so rich and powerful that they can consider co-opting public support. The government should revisit their failures before they lose it all.

Bajahowodd - 3-12-2011 at 04:34 PM

Is that much different from folks NOB that have been voting for decades against their own best interests because of social red herring issues?

Gee. We have a deficit. Let's cut taxes on the rich and slam kids and poor people. And maybe just for fun, screw with teachers, police, firefighters.... Somehow it works. I must have been in a coma and missed the meeting.

Woooosh - 3-12-2011 at 05:21 PM

“Our commitment with society will be the: safeguarding of order, preventing robberies, kidnappings and extortions and to shield the state from rival organizations.”

Didn't John Gotti, Boss of the Gambino crime family do the same thing in New York City? It worked for them, in a gangster- tragedy way. Many said deals would be made to stop the violence- while still letting the drugs, guns and money flow.

Besides why debate and worry about it... they live among us in Baja already.

"Because of the alliance La Familia has spread from its cradle in Michoacan to the states of Tamaulipas, Guerrero, Queretaro, Chiapas, Jalisco, Colima and others, reaching some areas as far as Baja California and Tijuana."

They are your new neighbors. We've had a half dozen narco-families move into our fracciamiento in Rosarito Beach. The men are mostly absent but the wifes are very nice, with nice cars, nice clothes, good dogs and polite kids. Kinda like the show Weeds. A few months later you'll see the house surrounded by dozens of Marinos a few nights and a few weeks later they are gone. My Mexican neighbors confide in me they are scared to death to go outside at all, which is a shame. They see all types of activities in the middle of the night but are afraid to call a tip line because they think the narcos will find out who they are.

[Edited on 3-13-2011 by Woooosh]

Doug/Vamonos - 3-19-2011 at 11:33 PM

I always love to see the mexican bad guys embracing catholic stuff. Got to love the drug lords building churches for their abuela...

And now the cartels...

Good stuff....

fishabductor - 3-19-2011 at 11:42 PM

Now I need a Night Tempra!

tripledigitken - 3-20-2011 at 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Woooosh
They are your new neighbors. We've had a half dozen narco-families move into our fracciamiento in Rosarito Beach. The men are mostly absent but the wifes are very nice, with nice cars, nice clothes, good dogs and polite kids.....

[Edited on 3-13-2011 by Woooosh]

Kinda reminds me of a very nice Mexican restaurant in Otay Ranch in Chula Vista, (home to some very rica folks from south of the border), called Frieda's. I have often wondered that when ever we have been there you will see well to do Mexican families, the women impeccably dressed same for the children. What's missing? The men!

Dark Knights and GNU Gnosticism

MrBillM - 3-21-2011 at 11:19 AM

It "seems" that DECLARING yourselves to be members of a "Secret" Society is indication of being "Unclear on the Concept", but perhaps its the Mexican way of doing things and if GNU finds comforting confirmation in their doing so, that's OK.

One comment I read the other day summed up the GNU Knowledge bent. It said that "Some of these organizations are SO Secret that thousands of people seem to know ALL about them".

"Select" Thousands, of course, who have deciphered the cryptic evidence hidden in plain sight.

Speaking of (and thinking of) the Gnostic GNU, I happened to run across my old copy of "None Dare Call it Conspiracy" by Gary Allen and, although it's somewhat dated, the eerie echo of GNU is evident.

I'll bet he's the life of the party when the JBS gets together for Welch-Worship.

Bajahowodd - 3-21-2011 at 01:08 PM

You mean that gnu's not going to attend the next Bilderberg Conference?:?::?::tumble:

Well

MrBillM - 3-21-2011 at 04:59 PM

He Does Probably have Season Tickets.

"JBS" Equals 'John Birch Society" Equals Discrimintion?

Gypsy Jan - 3-21-2011 at 06:03 PM

Please connect the dots, I would like to understand this.

May I Remind You

Gypsy Jan - 3-21-2011 at 06:12 PM

That the Knights Templar were also known for their dedication to their religion, which included a mission of charity, even during the Crusades.

This has no connection to the modern drug cartels.

DENNIS - 3-21-2011 at 06:14 PM

"JBS" Equals 'John Birch Society" Equals Discrimintion?"
------------------------

It would be difficult to be that conservative without being what liberals could possibly see as discriminatory.

All in a good cause. YANKEE DOODLE

Dennis, I grew up in Orange County, California

Gypsy Jan - 3-21-2011 at 06:25 PM

I saw people marching with signs that said, "No N***".

I attended a meeting at Chapman College, where Stokley Carmichael used words, anger and passion to get his message across and he was confronted and attacked on his way out and the mob was led by the Chief of Police of the City of Orange.

[Edited on 3-22-2011 by Gypsy Jan]

ELINVESTIG8R - 3-21-2011 at 06:27 PM

Que lindo los Caballeros Templarios... I have heard it all now!

DENNIS - 3-21-2011 at 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy Jan
I saw people marching with signs that said, "No N***".

Yeah....I was there too and it was a wild time.

"No N***"............I remember well and I didn't want to ever see them again in my life either. They would beat hell out of me in school for what I thought was nothing.....and it was nothing.
Yeah....screw them Nuns.

BajaGringo - 3-21-2011 at 07:02 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

fishabductor - 3-21-2011 at 07:06 PM

It's only nuns....whew....I thought it was the "N" word.

What good are nuns anyhow? However the ones in San Jose sure did a great job when my son was born, but then again they were nurse nuns.

gnukid - 3-22-2011 at 07:14 AM

La Familia claims a strong Catholic association. La Familia claims they are Nights of Templar. One can research and see that Jesuit Militia also claimed many other names such as Nights of Templar etc...

For anyone bored or interested pull out an encyclopedia or use google and read criticism of the Nights of Templar the militia of the Vatican and of course the Jesuits, La Familia.

Does anyone recall why the Jesuits were banned in the reformation for their do-gooding missions? Because of their policies of any and all methods to achieve their do-gooding. They were banned for their atrocities, scheming, back-handed and murderous ways, reportedly the Jesuits, a mere 70,000 or so, were responsible for the murder of millions of people prior to being banned from Baja and the rest of the world by agreement of a coalition of worldwide partners. The departure of the Jesuits brought on the Franciscans missionaries with a not too dis-similar result.

The reformation occurred during a time of no electricity, no modern wire communication, yet the message worldwide was clear, the Jesuits and Nights Templar were murderous and malicious, misrepresenting themselves ad do gooders, misleading others all for their gain while they murder and plunder.

The Jesuits are trained chameleons to infiltrate and achieve their goals from the inside out, whether lawyer, doctor, teacher or actual military fighter they are fighters/militia for the Vatican, presumably Catholic but that's debatable.

It should be no surprise that La Familia claims they are the Nights of Templar, the militia of the Vatican. There is little inconsistent about this with history.

The common thread is while claiming to do good, these factions are in both on the surface often doing some good however in practice they are violent and murderous, since attrition of the enemy is a primary goal.

One can look at the past 500 years of Baja and Mexico see a common thread, one of a people, land and resources being conquered from the inside out by misleading factions, often claiming to be do-gooders and religious while exploiting the land for their profit and purpose.

One must be a bit more critical in your perspective of la Familia, Nights of Templar, the Jesuits, the Vatican, ad infinitum, and see that very little in this world is as seems on the surface, and within organizations there may be various levels of understanding and execution of the task at hand due to compartmentalization.

For example, in a corporation, a majority of the staff may be working with the best motivations while a few are not, examples of this are include Bernie Maddoff, KBR Haliburton/DynCorp admitting slave trade, Banks admitting money laundering for cartels, NGO's that rippoff such as Food for Oil fraud etc... there is a common thread throughout, mislead through misdeeds, people who can be misled deserve to be misled and exploited.

Ask why do some Military call our current wars of attrition, now on 5-6 fronts, a crusade. Why are there Christian verses stamped on the weapons?

There is no reason to be naive today, just like there was no reason for the Native Indian to be naive about the invasion and exploitation.

Furthermore, when someone shouts hey but these good guy/bad guys they also do good? One has to wonder about the motivation for promoting a criminal enterprise. You this theme throughout BN, that is promotion of criminal enterprise under the guise that that they do some good. However, on a more critical view, what good are they doing? Who are these promoters? Are they your friends? Are they in your circle? What is different or has changed today from the last 500 years? Nothing?

Or when you see posters ridiculing the idea of researching the history, past and present, of who are these militias, who claims association with the nights of Templar today? Who are the Jesuits today? When you see someone you know ridiculing the idea that someone can know about these subjects, you must see that person for who they are? There are many methods to the process of misleading all in order to exploit and win by attrition.

In Mexico and everywhere there is a war, the factions are not always guys with guns, they are also in corporate roles, politics, NGOs, they are in the church and they are among your circle, you must be critical and knowledgeable, or you will be misled if you allow yourself to be misled.

No reason not to start by reading about the 500-1000 history of Baja and find out what really happened to the Native people. Who murdered the Native Indians and why?

[Edited on 3-22-2011 by gnukid]

Woooosh - 3-22-2011 at 08:33 AM

Everything I need to know about the Knight Templar I learned from Dan Brown and the Davinci Code. The books of course- the movies were fiction.

:saint::saint:

Phil S - 3-22-2011 at 09:05 AM

Thank you gnu. That was an inspiring piece you just wrote! I'm sure through your thorough research it is quite factual. Wasn't there a connection with the Masonic Lodge & Knight Templar? You didn't mention it in your report

[Edited on 3-22-2011 by Phil S]

Were those Knights Templars ?

MrBillM - 3-22-2011 at 09:39 AM

Carrying those "No N*s" signs ?

What have they got against Nuns ? Maybe, it's "No Nukes" ?

IF this "*-Word" PC nonsense gets any further out of hand, we're going to need a Dictionary of such words with numbers assigned. So *"******s"* could be N-1276 or something like that. Of course, then there'd be the decision whether or not variations would be lumped under the same numerical designation or a different one. In many old stories, I've seen the word "Nigra" used among others.

Reading Mark Twain would sure be different with all those "*"s and numbers.

BUT, then, the big problem would be the dictionary itself. IT would have to actually list the REAL word and that would certainly be a PC violation.

Details, Details, Details.

In addition, there's the problem that censoring that word would affect Blacks disproportionately since the major usage (far outweighing the Bigot Bunch) is now among the Ghetto Rat part of their population. Would censoring out that word then be Discriminatory ?

Being PC is NOT easy.

Worth every effort, though.

I'm sure there's some sort of Conspiracy-Connected angle to all of this involving the Knights, the Birchees and the Masons. It's even possible that the JBS is actually working WITH the CFR and the others in a misdirection feint.

We know that NOTHING is as it "seems" to be when dealing with the International Conspiracy to enslave us all.

Gnu Knows.

gnukid - 3-25-2011 at 07:30 PM

Today, reported by AFP, factual evidence that these so called do-gooders are in fact criminals posing as do-gooders. Do not dismiss their guilt nor confuse their claims of a few bad seeds, the behavior is consistent for centuries.

US Jesuits agree to $166 million abuse payout

SEATTLE — A US Jesuit order has agreed to pay $166.1 million to compensate nearly 500 victims of decades-long "horrific" sexual and psychological abuse by priests in five US states, lawyers said Friday.

The US Northwest chapter of the Rome-based Society of Jesus agreed to the payout -- which lawyers said is the biggest by a religious organization in the United States -- as part of bankruptcy proceedings.

Most of those abused by priests from the Oregon Province -- the Jesuit order which covers the states of Oregon, Washington, Alaska, Idaho and Montana -- were Native Americans at mission schools on Indian reservations.

"This settlement recognizes that the Jesuits betrayed the trust of hundreds of young children in their care, and inflicted terrible atrocities upon them," said lawyer Blaine Tamaki.
"These religious figures should have been responsible for protecting children, but instead raped and molested them," he added.

Victims of the abuse by the Catholic-following order have been watching the case closely, including Clarita Vargas, who said the announcement marked "a day of reckoning and justice."
"I feel that nothing can compensate for the loss of being whole and being allowed to be a child and growing up in a healthy environment," she told the Oregonian newspaper.
"But this will start us and continue to help us on our path to healing," she added.

Katherine Mendez, 53, told how she was abused by Father John Morse, a Jesuit priest, when she entered the St. Mary?s Mission boarding school in Omak, Washington state aged 11.
"Father Morse started abusing me almost immediately when I arrived at St. Mary?s Mission," a lawyers' statement quoted her as saying. "I kept the sexual molestation hidden in the dark, in my soul, for years and years.

"Finally, when I came forward and saw that others did too, it was as if the blanket that had hidden our secret was pulled off and we could move into the light again."
Thirty-eight of the claims involve sexual abuse by Morse, who now lives in a retirement home finance by the Jesuits, it said. Forty-nine of the victims represented by Tamaki were sexually abused when they were eight or younger.

The settlement also asks the Jesuits to provide a written apology to the victims, and share documents of importance to victims, such as their personal medical records, he said.
The abuse took place from the 1940s and continued through to the 1990s, he said. Of the nearly 500 claims, nearly 200 were Alaskan claims brought by John Manly of California law firm Manly & Stewart.

Tamaki, whose firm represented nearly a third of the non-Alaskan clients, said he hoped the settlement would help bring closure.

"Although the abuse they suffered was horrific, my clients are hopeful that, with the Jesuits? acknowledgement of wrongdoing, changes will be made so that that this type of abuse can be prevented in the future.

"In other words, the church needs to correct flaws that have allowed this to happen," he said.
Patrick Lee, head of the Oregon Province, declined to confirm details of the settlement.
"Due to the Society of Jesus, Oregon Province's current Chapter 11 bankruptcy status, as well as out of respect for the judicial process and all involved, we will not comment on today's announcement," Lee said.

"The province continues to work with the creditors committee to conclude the bankruptcy process as promptly as possible," he added in a statement.

[Edited on 3-26-2011 by gnukid]

Cults and their Victims

MrBillM - 3-25-2011 at 08:57 PM

The Argument "could" be made that belonging to something like the Papist Cult inevitably leads one to be an abuser or abused.

Marc - 5-26-2011 at 08:42 PM

Nuns;
Ain't never had nun, don't want nun, and never gonna get nun.:lol::lol::lol:

Woooosh - 6-19-2011 at 03:02 PM

"Several of the still unidentified bodies were discovered with messages from a group calling itself the Knights Templar and claiming responsibility for the killings"

"Messages from the Knights Templar first began appearing in March, with the group claiming that it would replace La Familia. Messages left on bodies or hung in public areas are commonly used by drug gangs to threaten rivals, to deny responsibility for crimes or to send messages to authorities."

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2011-06-19-mexico-drug-wa...

[Edited on 6-19-2011 by Woooosh]