Author: Subject: Mexican cartel renames itself 'Knights Templar'
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2011 at 10:53 AM
Mexican cartel renames itself 'Knights Templar'

March 11, 2011 12:26 AM
Ildefonso Ortiz
The Monitor
Like a knight in shining armor, a Mexican drug cartel is claiming that it will protect the public from kidnappings, extortions, robberies and other crimes.

La Familia Michoacana, a criminal organization known for its violence and its narcotics trafficking — mainly methamphetamine production — is looking to re-emerge under the name of the Knights Templar. La Familia Michoacana is a partner of the Gulf Cartel and the Sinaloa Cartel and has stepped up its presence in northern Mexico in its fight against the Zetas.

La Familia is also the main supplier of methamphetamine in the United States, according to U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency documents.

The announcement of the name change was made through several banners that were strewn through Mexico and through various online communiqués where a group claiming to be the Knights Templar said it would now be in charge of all activities previously done by La Familia Michoacana.

“Our commitment with society will be the: safeguarding of order, preventing robberies, kidnappings and extortions and to shield the state from rival organizations,” the banners stated.

La Familia Michoacana is an extremely violent drug trafficking organization involved in extortion, kidnapping and other criminal activities, according to DEA documents.

RE-BRANDING

The new name is nothing more than an attempt of the organization to re-emerge with a title that is typically associated with a charitable and benign group, said George W. Grayson, a professor at the College of William and Mary and author of Mexico: Narco Violence and a Failed State.

“It’s an interesting choice,” Grayson said. “The Knights Templar were known as a charitable organization in the 12th century and were even recognized by the pope in the 1130s for their good deeds.

“Also, they were the most vicious warriors in the Crusades,” he said. “That may be the message they are trying to send.”

While last year Mexican authorities announced the demise of the organization with the slaying of Nazario (El Chayo) Moreno, Grayson said that the organization is strong and spreading thanks to its alliance with the Sinaloa and the Gulf Cartel.

La Familia has operatives throughout the United States, including Houston, Dallas, Atlanta and various locations in California, according to DEA documents.

Because of the alliance La Familia has spread from its cradle in Michoacan to the states of Tamaulipas, Guerrero, Queretaro, Chiapas, Jalisco, Colima and others, reaching some areas as far as Baja California and Tijuana.
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2011 at 11:39 AM

Is it appropriate for me to say I told you so,now?
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2011 at 04:01 PM

What it tells me is that the folks, at least at the top of this organization, are not some street scum. Appears there are some very literate and educated people involved, who determined that the money was an overriding factor.
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2011 at 04:06 PM

Or they have just been watching the History channel a lot.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2011 at 04:21 PM

The "Robin Hood" image will go a long way in the disenfranchised sectors of society. They can afford to be magnanimous when the government won't or can't.
It's scarey that these groups have become so rich and powerful that they can consider co-opting public support. The government should revisit their failures before they lose it all.
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2011 at 04:34 PM

Is that much different from folks NOB that have been voting for decades against their own best interests because of social red herring issues?

Gee. We have a deficit. Let's cut taxes on the rich and slam kids and poor people. And maybe just for fun, screw with teachers, police, firefighters.... Somehow it works. I must have been in a coma and missed the meeting.
Woooosh
Banned

Mood: Luminescent Waves at Rosarito Beach

[*] posted on 3-12-2011 at 05:21 PM

“Our commitment with society will be the: safeguarding of order, preventing robberies, kidnappings and extortions and to shield the state from rival organizations.”

Didn't John Gotti, Boss of the Gambino crime family do the same thing in New York City? It worked for them, in a gangster- tragedy way. Many said deals would be made to stop the violence- while still letting the drugs, guns and money flow.

Besides why debate and worry about it... they live among us in Baja already.

"Because of the alliance La Familia has spread from its cradle in Michoacan to the states of Tamaulipas, Guerrero, Queretaro, Chiapas, Jalisco, Colima and others, reaching some areas as far as Baja California and Tijuana."

They are your new neighbors. We've had a half dozen narco-families move into our fracciamiento in Rosarito Beach. The men are mostly absent but the wifes are very nice, with nice cars, nice clothes, good dogs and polite kids. Kinda like the show Weeds. A few months later you'll see the house surrounded by dozens of Marinos a few nights and a few weeks later they are gone. My Mexican neighbors confide in me they are scared to death to go outside at all, which is a shame. They see all types of activities in the middle of the night but are afraid to call a tip line because they think the narcos will find out who they are.

[Edited on 3-13-2011 by Woooosh]

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
1961- JFK to Canadian parliament (Edmund Burke)
Doug/Vamonos
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2011 at 11:33 PM

I always love to see the mexican bad guys embracing catholic stuff. Got to love the drug lords building churches for their abuela...

And now the cartels...

Good stuff....
fishabductor
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2011 at 11:42 PM

Now I need a Night Tempra!
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-20-2011 at 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Woooosh
They are your new neighbors. We've had a half dozen narco-families move into our fracciamiento in Rosarito Beach. The men are mostly absent but the wifes are very nice, with nice cars, nice clothes, good dogs and polite kids.....

[Edited on 3-13-2011 by Woooosh]

Kinda reminds me of a very nice Mexican restaurant in Otay Ranch in Chula Vista, (home to some very rica folks from south of the border), called Frieda's. I have often wondered that when ever we have been there you will see well to do Mexican families, the women impeccably dressed same for the children. What's missing? The men!
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 3-21-2011 at 11:19 AM
Dark Knights and GNU Gnosticism

It "seems" that DECLARING yourselves to be members of a "Secret" Society is indication of being "Unclear on the Concept", but perhaps its the Mexican way of doing things and if GNU finds comforting confirmation in their doing so, that's OK.

One comment I read the other day summed up the GNU Knowledge bent. It said that "Some of these organizations are SO Secret that thousands of people seem to know ALL about them".

"Select" Thousands, of course, who have deciphered the cryptic evidence hidden in plain sight.

Speaking of (and thinking of) the Gnostic GNU, I happened to run across my old copy of "None Dare Call it Conspiracy" by Gary Allen and, although it's somewhat dated, the eerie echo of GNU is evident.

I'll bet he's the life of the party when the JBS gets together for Welch-Worship.
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2011 at 01:08 PM

You mean that gnu's not going to attend the next Bilderberg Conference?:?::?::tumble:
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 3-21-2011 at 04:59 PM
Well

He Does Probably have Season Tickets.
Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Depends on which way the wind is blowing

[*] posted on 3-21-2011 at 06:03 PM
"JBS" Equals 'John Birch Society" Equals Discrimintion?

Please connect the dots, I would like to understand this.

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness.”
—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)
—Kirsty MacColl, Mambo de la Luna

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2011 at 06:12 PM
May I Remind You

That the Knights Templar were also known for their dedication to their religion, which included a mission of charity, even during the Crusades.

This has no connection to the modern drug cartels.

—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2011 at 06:14 PM

"JBS" Equals 'John Birch Society" Equals Discrimintion?"
------------------------

It would be difficult to be that conservative without being what liberals could possibly see as discriminatory.

All in a good cause. YANKEE DOODLE
Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2011 at 06:25 PM
Dennis, I grew up in Orange County, California

I saw people marching with signs that said, "No N***".

I attended a meeting at Chapman College, where Stokley Carmichael used words, anger and passion to get his message across and he was confronted and attacked on his way out and the mob was led by the Chief of Police of the City of Orange.

[Edited on 3-22-2011 by Gypsy Jan]

—Mark Twain

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2011 at 06:27 PM

Que lindo los Caballeros Templarios... I have heard it all now!

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2011 at 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy Jan
I saw people marching with signs that said, "No N***".

Yeah....I was there too and it was a wild time.

"No N***"............I remember well and I didn't want to ever see them again in my life either. They would beat hell out of me in school for what I thought was nothing.....and it was nothing.
Yeah....screw them Nuns.
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 3-21-2011 at 07:02 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.