BajaNomad

On the west side, half way down. Or so.

brewer - 4-15-2011 at 09:31 PM

Just an amazing trip to this place. You would always expect people to be here. Two camps when we arrived. None two days later. We had this beach for five days to ourselves. With waves. We are amazed and can't wait to get down again. My kids had the time of their young lives. My five year old surfed for the first time ever. Did great. The water was cold. He said his feet were burning. Enjoy the pictures if they come through.

https://picasaweb.google.com/114630261875012854928/BajaAbril...

AmoPescar - 4-15-2011 at 09:41 PM

VERY NICE PICS!

Nice that you had such a good trip and made so many wonderful memories with the kids!

Thanks for taking the time to share!

Miguelamo :yes: ;D :)

baronvonbob - 4-15-2011 at 09:46 PM

So Cool

David K - 4-15-2011 at 10:13 PM

Beautiful place... nice photos... lucky boy(s)!

Barbarosa - 4-15-2011 at 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by telebrewer
Just an amazing trip to this place. You would always expect people to be here. Two camps when we arrived. None two days later. We had this beach for five days to ourselves.

That is certainly very cool. What a great time. It's terrific to have retreats where you can really escape like that.

But I also have to admit I read it with mixed feelings. I observed this lack of tourists throughout the entire peninsula. Hotels and restaurants that were essentially empty. This is such an important industry and it just seems like it has dried up. Kinda troubling.

But very cool nevertheless. Good you could take such great advantage.

bajaandy - 4-16-2011 at 06:24 AM

Sweet. I have pictures just like that of teaching my boy and my nephew's how to surf in Baja. So cool. Love that spot too. You were lucky to have it to yourselves.

Curt63 - 4-16-2011 at 07:01 AM

Score!

Pacifico - 4-16-2011 at 07:15 AM

Very cool!!! Loved the pics of your kids surfing....

motoged - 4-16-2011 at 09:59 AM

Fantastic spot !!! what are the GPS co-ordinates.....Woody hasn't been there yet...;D:biggrin:

(Actually, Woody was very kind to me a few years ago giving me some secret info....which I kept to myself....:saint:)

absinvestor - 4-16-2011 at 10:59 AM

What is the name of the beach or nearby town? We're taking a couple of grandkids to Baja Sur in about a month. We're spending most of our time in the Mulege area but would like to spend some time on the Pacific Ocean side. The places that we are familar with are in Baja Norte and the weather is still pretty cold.

TMW - 4-16-2011 at 11:14 AM

Great, what a beautiful place. Thanks for sharing.

David K - 4-16-2011 at 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by absinvestor
What is the name of the beach or nearby town? We're taking a couple of grandkids to Baja Sur in about a month. We're spending most of our time in the Mulege area but would like to spend some time on the Pacific Ocean side. The places that we are familar with are in Baja Norte and the weather is still pretty cold.

Good luck getting that spilled!:lol:

Seriously, a few surfers somehow think that once they learn of a location nobody else should go... as if they would ever see another Nomad there when they are there, and even so... why would that be so bad?

The OP here probably just doesn't want one of the other secret keepers (and there are so many, it isn't a secret) to jump down his throat for giving the name of that beach north of Santa Rosalillita... or where-ever it is:lol::light:;D

Guys, the locals are hurting for some vacationers to return to Baja... with the economy and fear of Mexico, business is dead. Your 'spot' won't be ruined by other Nomads... the only harm will come from good roads that Mexico is building... because 'bad roads bring good people... but good roads bring ALL kinds of people'*

*Mama Espinoza, 1973 when pavement came to El Rosario.

motoged - 4-16-2011 at 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
......The OP here probably just doesn't want one of the other secret keepers (and there are so many, it isn't a secret) to jump down his throat for giving the name of that beach north of Santa Rosalillita... or where-ever it is:lol::light:;D

:o:o:o:o

.....and then the fight started.....;D

norte - 4-16-2011 at 11:57 AM

Quote:

Guys, the locals are hurting for some vacationers to return to Baja... with the economy and fear of Mexico, business is dead. Your 'spot' won't be ruined by other Nomads... the only harm will come from good roads that Mexico is building... because 'bad roads bring good people... but good roads bring ALL kinds of people'*

Then quit Bchin about the dips south of SF. Ya can't have it both ways

tiotomasbcs - 4-16-2011 at 12:36 PM

Please, DK, try to understand ! Promote your Missions and SOC and lost Gold Mines if you like. You wouldn't want graffitti and trash all over them?! I, for one, don't understand why you fight it? Ours is a Sacred Covenant. Good post , Amigo. WildCoast and surf Gremmies. Surf's Up! Tio

woody with a view - 4-16-2011 at 12:39 PM

nyme sayin.......?

the places DK hasn't been are dwindling. maybe if it was put to his grill as, "1000's of landscapers were reading this forum waiting to build a drip system...."

but we know better!

nothing is sacred unless you make it so.......

mojo_norte - 4-16-2011 at 01:45 PM

nice spot! maybe just a little hint...

woody with a view - 4-16-2011 at 02:46 PM

we know where. if you don't, get off the 'puter and bring everything you need, cuz that is what you'll have.

secrets are where you find them......

[Edited on 4-16-2011 by woody with a view]

BajaBlanca - 4-16-2011 at 02:52 PM

your kid is a natural born surfer !! just amazing to see !!!!

absinvestor - 4-16-2011 at 03:22 PM

David K- guess I'm a little surprised. We bring two grandkids- a 7 yr old and a 10yr old- both girls. They're more interested in roasting marshmellows on a fire and building a sand castle than finding a surfers paradise!! Guess I'm different- for example when we lived in Punta Banda newbies would ask for advise on fishing etc. I would give my exact set up- what bait to use- what tides to fish, where on the spit I caught the biggest fish etc. Moved to Colorado and did the same- pointed out the good lakes, type of bait, how to set up etc. Honestly when I asked for the name of the beach I wasn't looking for a secret or even an exact spot. Our time in Baja has either been spent on the Pacific side in the Punta Banda area or the Sea of Cortez side from Bahia de Los Angeles to LaPaz. When the original poster mentioned half way down I thought the weather would be warmer than in Baja Norte and we might try some time on the Pacific further south. I have never felt that the fish or camping spots were mine and have always shared the info with whoever asks. Now that the word is out that I don't keep secrets guess I'll never know where these pictures were taken!! Thanks for the clues!! Ron

woody with a view - 4-16-2011 at 03:35 PM

think about it. if the OP posted the name of the spot or if DK (GOOGLE) had the name it would be a return in a search engine FOREVER!

not that we don't want new folks to find it, far from it, we just don't want it to be on the AAA map (it isn't!) anytime soon.

BTW, U2U is your friend regarding info that should not be in the public domain, and when you return, crop your fotos so that the next guy who doesn't know where you were-doesn't.....

i guess i''m an Ahole? see you out there.....

Marc - 4-16-2011 at 04:36 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by absinvestor

Seriously, a few surfers somehow think that once they learn of a location nobody else should go... as if they would ever see another Nomad there when they are there, and even so... why would that be so bad?

The OP here probably just doesn't want one of the other secret keepers (and there are so many, it isn't a secret) to jump down his throat for giving the name of that beach north of Santa Rosalillita... or where-ever it is:lol::light:;D

Well said.

woody with a view - 4-16-2011 at 05:32 PM

some of us go get it, some want to.

which one are you?:P:lol::light:

[Edited on 4-17-2011 by woody with a view]

thought you knew.jpg - 45kB

David K - 4-16-2011 at 05:59 PM

Books, magazines, & fellow surfers have all disclosed the 7 Sisters,,, yet, somehow you think Baja Nomad will be the one and only place that bad people will gain info. in order to grafitti or crowd out your beach... Now, that is funny!

I have shared perhaps one of the finest beaches within a days drive of the border for years here... and it still is just as beautiful and deserted as it was 33 years ago. Baja Nomads are good people, people that you could camp with or share with, and not be sorry. Acting like you are superior because you have a secret here is okay if that's how you want to play... but, it is that road not Nomad that will bring rif raf to your beach.

805gregg - 4-16-2011 at 06:04 PM

Bad road equal good people is just a saying with no basis if fact, bad guy like to hide down bad roads. It's the seven sisters area, and Ventura is better on most days.

mtgoat666 - 4-16-2011 at 06:13 PM

Quote:
Books, magazines, & fellow surfers have all disclosed the 7 Sisters,,, yet, somehow you think Baja Nomad will be the one and only place that bad people will gain info. in order to grafitti or crowd out your beach... Now, that is funny!

I have shared perhaps one of the finest beaches within a days drive of the border for years here... and it still is just as beautiful and deserted as it was 33 years ago. Baja Nomads are good people, people that you could camp with or share with, and not be sorry. Acting like you are superior because you have a secret here is okay if that's how you want to play... but, it is that road not Nomad that will bring rif raf to your beach.

dk:
i suggest you write an online travel guide to the seven sisters coast, with guide to camping, surfing and fishing spots,; roads to get there, etc.
i sometimes upport the NIMYism of surfers, but find woodywoodpecker pompous and insufferable, would like you to write the guide just to annoy him off.

[Edited on 4-17-2011 by mtgoat666]

woody with a view - 4-16-2011 at 06:42 PM

i give up. all of you can go camp with DK (he is only asking his passenger for $200 for gas!) and have it all to yourselves. average minds think alike.

i've met many Nomads on the road to nowhere..... and we get along just fine without the rest of the chicken coop group (hi JR!).....

kiss me where i poop.:P

baja oct 10 121.jpg - 45kB

woody with a view - 4-16-2011 at 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 805gregg
It's the seven sisters area, and Ventura is better on most days.

:lol:

edit: NOT silver strand, oaxaxnard, fairgrounds, emma wood, pt mugu, etc.....

:rolleyes:

:cool:

jan 2011 with Regan 100.JPG - 45kB

David K - 4-16-2011 at 07:15 PM

All in good fun... and no Woody, not for gas only... I have a Tacoma, not a V-8 Tundra!:lol:

woody with a view - 4-16-2011 at 07:19 PM

hey goat!

i'm insufferable? go lay down by your dish......

Mike99km - 4-17-2011 at 09:17 AM

David, if the was a surf break on your little island the place would be paved with a cantina and rooms to rent. Some of us have watched great places get bought and closed. The place on this thread is being developed. Some of us will share places directly but not on a open forum. You do not seem to understand when more people travel down a road the better it tends to get.
I disagree with your views about posting info on Baja, but we all need a place to shine and this is yours. There are no secret places, some are just harder to find.

David K - 4-17-2011 at 10:38 AM

.. or harder to get to! ;)

GordoyFeo - 4-17-2011 at 10:40 AM

I think the 3 stooges have sold every lot they could already. Soon it will be time to take them away and sell them again.:lol:

The arsehole gabacho who put up the barb wire :fire: around his trophy lot and pos casita should have his balls cut off.

There are no secret spots but go earn the stoke, do not burn it.

absinvestor - 4-17-2011 at 12:15 PM

805gregg- In the mid 80's I lived in Simi Valley and frequently surfed Ventura beaches. Had some great times. Now I'm better suited to a boogy board!!

pappy - 4-19-2011 at 10:51 AM

well, for better or worse, much of that area is being bought up and put into a conservancy(or some such thing) so it can't be developed. people have put their $ were their hearts are and are doing something to keep this strecth of coast as pristine as possible.

from a point north, near where they use to ship the onyx from, south to where a recent attempt to build a marina, is about 150 miles of coast to explore for those who really want to. no gps needed, just preperation and the desire.

TMW - 4-21-2011 at 09:14 AM

Goat that book has already been written. "The Surfer's Guide to Baja" by Mike Parise. It's got just about everything on where to stay, money, where to eat, where the surf spots are and how to get there. The only thing DK could add is the longitude and latitude. I never knew there were so many surf spots, then I'm not a surfer.

David K - 4-21-2011 at 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by TW
Goat that book has already been written. "The Surfer's Guide to Baja" by Mike Parise. It's got just about everything on where to stay, money, where to eat, where the surf spots are and how to get there. The only thing DK could add is the longitude and latitude. I never knew there were so many surf spots, then I'm not a surfer.

No, sorry... I could not... I never recorded any GPS of beaches or surf breaks.

I post about ROADS in Baja, not surf breaks... I am not qualified to mention any. Plus, the road along the '7 Sisters' is neither new nor a secret! 1962 Lower California Guidebook and the 1977 Offbeat Baja road guide gave excating details of it. Heck, the 1975 Score Baja 1000 raced down it to Punta Prieta even! It is bad roads that filter out 'bad' people... Mexico is paving and grading roads into the area, and THAT is what the surfers (who like it deserted) need to fear!

mtgoat666 - 4-21-2011 at 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by pappy
well, for better or worse, much of that area is being bought up and put into a conservancy(or some such thing) so it can't be developed. people have put their $ were their hearts are and are doing something to keep this strecth of coast as pristine as possible.

really? where is info on this conservation effort?

David K - 4-21-2011 at 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Jorge
"They" are there, for better or worse.

http://www.wildcoast.net/programs/1-valle-de-los-cirios

Thanks for the link Don Jorge...

Has anyone looked at this web site and at what has been done from 2006 to March 2011?

>>>"WiLDCOAST finally secured a 2,972 acre parcel near Punta Canoas on the northern shore of the Valle de los Cirios Coast. The parcel contains nearly a mile of majestic desert shoreline..."<<<

In 5 years, they aquired 'nearly a MILE' of coastline to protect!!! How much money have they collected in the five years from folks hoping to preserve the 200 miles of Los Cirios coastline?

Perhaps I missed seeing if there is any more coastline obtained? 1/200th is a start, anyway!:light:

mtgoat666 - 4-21-2011 at 01:01 PM

Quote:
In 5 years, they aquired 'nearly a MILE' of coastline to protect!!! How much money have they collected in the five years from folks hoping to preserve the 200 miles of Los Cirios coastline?

Perhaps I missed seeing if there is any more coastline obtained? 1/200th is a start, anyway!:light:

sorry you don't approve of their speed, DK.
every little bit counts.

p.s. if you are going to criticize, i ask: what have you done?

pappy - 4-22-2011 at 10:42 AM

they actually started out obtaining property in the southern section. they have more than you think.

David K - 4-22-2011 at 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by pappy
they actually started out obtaining property in the southern section. they have more than you think.

I was just reporting on what was in the web site that was provided... I would think they would want to tell how much they have secured... so where is the list? Thanks pappy!

woody with a view - 4-22-2011 at 11:24 AM

yeah, our hero reporting "facts".

DK, please don't jump in if you can't swim. there will be no one to pull you out if you sink.

why don't you call wildcoast? ask for Zach. tell him who you are, how your maps will help the migrant fish camps prosper, see what he has to say-good or bad- and report back....

then make a donation to the Valle de los Cirios Conservation.

or are all you just talk?

David K - 4-22-2011 at 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
yeah, our hero reporting "facts".

DK, please don't jump in if you can't swim. there will be no one to pull you out if you sink.

why don't you call wildcoast? ask for Zach. tell him who you are, how your maps will help the migrant fish camps prosper, see what he has to say-good or bad- and report back....

then make a donation to the Valle de los Cirios Conservation.

or are all you just talk?

Oh, so much for the truce... , they are not MY facts... it is from the web page, sources of info provide.

norte - 4-22-2011 at 11:56 AM

wonder if they got it with a National Land Title?

Bajamatic - 4-22-2011 at 12:54 PM

I love these threads.
Nice pics. I've been dying to take my kids down there. It's a freaking world of wonder for the groms. I'm hoping this is the year....

For the record, DK, posting names of surf spots on the internet is against the code of conduct for many of the people who frequent these areas. I'm not sure how you treat each other in the pile-of-rock hunting circles, but for us, the golden egg is exactly what this guy found - a good break, with no one out. So it goes contrary to entire point of going down there to tell the world about it and share the coordinates, etc on the internet. Thats not to say there isn't intel to be gleaned from the veterans of this part of baja, but it just isnt really cool to go griping about how no one wants to post a name or a location for millions of viewers to read. This isn't national geographic - we don't want readers, we want solitude. So if the local people want exposure, then they outta log in and post pics and coordinates. This particular spot is usually pretty impacted with people, and I don't think it would be in the best interest of the guy who runs it to broadcast a mass e-vite to his place - I would have to think that the bulk of his business would drift right on down the beach to one of the other "secret spots" and he'd be left to clean up after a bunch of disrespectful spring breakers with ghetto blasters and kegs. Come to think of it, a keg would be nice down there.

woody with a view - 4-22-2011 at 01:46 PM

SAVVY?

Mike99km - 4-22-2011 at 03:55 PM

Bajamatic, Thank you! Very well put.
MMc

David K - 4-22-2011 at 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajamatic
I love these threads.
Nice pics. I've been dying to take my kids down there. It's a freaking world of wonder for the groms. I'm hoping this is the year....

For the record, DK, posting names of surf spots on the internet is against the code of conduct for many of the people who frequent these areas. I'm not sure how you treat each other in the pile-of-rock hunting circles, but for us, the golden egg is exactly what this guy found - a good break, with no one out. So it goes contrary to entire point of going down there to tell the world about it and share the coordinates, etc on the internet. Thats not to say there isn't intel to be gleaned from the veterans of this part of baja, but it just isnt really cool to go griping about how no one wants to post a name or a location for millions of viewers to read. This isn't national geographic - we don't want readers, we want solitude. So if the local people want exposure, then they outta log in and post pics and coordinates. This particular spot is usually pretty impacted with people, and I don't think it would be in the best interest of the guy who runs it to broadcast a mass e-vite to his place - I would have to think that the bulk of his business would drift right on down the beach to one of the other "secret spots" and he'd be left to clean up after a bunch of disrespectful spring breakers with ghetto blasters and kegs. Come to think of it, a keg would be nice down there.

1) I have NEVER posted a name of a SURF spot... I have NEVER posted a GPS of the road along Seven Sisters or any beach/ point there iether. MAYBE actually READ what I do post?

I don't go to Baja to surf, and I don't try to do anything more than to help anyone with the right kind of vehicle find their own Baja adventure... just like all of you surfers have already done.

2) I have posted road logs describing dirt roads and places named on maps or told to me by those who are there. Having a road log describing conditions is a matter for safety and economy... driving endlessly about the desert is dangerous and not healthy for the enviroment! Road logs and maps are already in book stores for over 50 years to this region.

3) As for the remote Pacific area often called 'The Seven Sisters' on maps or by surfing publications... I have driven it ONCE in 2007... It is (was) mostly a lonely, cold, cloudy region that doesn't have enough appeal to cause me to want to return to much of it...

4) By special request, made to me by Woody in OB (now Woody with a View) in 2007, I did not provide any of my typical GPS waypoints along that road nor used the name 'Seven Sisters' and agreed to "talk it down" like I just did above... I did a lot of compromising for an Internet amigo... yet, since then... some surfos act as if I posted a billboard along I-5 offering to pay surfers (that aren't on your list) to come to Mexico and crowd you off a wave... that one day of the year when you are there too. :rolleyes:

5) It is a dirt road... it was a Baja 1000 race course... it has been in Baja guidebooks... it is in Surfing guidebooks... and it isn't just for surfers to drive on. SO, I didn't do that trip or web page for surfers, but instead for ALL Baja enthusiasts who either want to go, or now know they don't want to go, or now don't need to go because their curiosity is answered.

Surfers already know this area, and if they want to go there and can, it isn't because they waited for my trip report of 2007 on Baja Nomad... You guys didn't wait for my road log before going the first time...

Knowing how roads change in Baja... that road log is out-of-date now... and maybe they paved the graded highway from the already paved Santa Rosalillita road to Bahia Blanca???

Your only fear from getting crowded out is: Better roads (being built by the Mexican government), end to fear of Mexico, and a better economy.

Bad roads act like a filter... they generally only let a few cool people in.

Good roads allow anyone in.

Bajamatic - 4-23-2011 at 10:32 AM

DK. PUH-LEEZ! I'm not saying you are some kind of surf spot rat, I'm saying that you seem to oppose not sharing locations.

Here are a few quotes from this thread alone:

"Books, magazines, & fellow surfers have all disclosed the 7 Sisters,,, yet, somehow you think Baja Nomad will be the one and only place that bad people will gain info. in order to grafitti or crowd out your beach... Now, that is funny!"

"Seriously, a few surfers somehow think that once they learn of a location nobody else should go... as if they would ever see another Nomad there when they are there, and even so... why would that be so bad?

The OP here probably just doesn't want one of the other secret keepers (and there are so many, it isn't a secret) to jump down his throat for giving the name of that beach north of Santa Rosalillita... or"

"Your 'spot' won't be ruined by other Nomads"

Reading not only your actual text, but between the lines (which means SUBTEXT), you are arguing that posting the locations of these places online will cause no harm. I am pointing out that some people operate under a different code; in the case I refer to them as "we", because we share the common bond of loving to explore baja IN SEARCH OF EMPTY WAVES (that's the key difference between your goals and ours). The reason your beautiful beach is still empty is because it offers one thing - an empty beach; those are a dime a dozen, especially on the east coast of baja. If there were some kind of rare game bird that you happened to hunt, you would not announce this to the world, lest your precious birds become extinct from that area. Or, if people were in the practice of removing missions once they discovered them, or clogging the surrounding campsites because for some god forsaken reason it became super popular to stare at piles of rocks, then you too might refrain from sharing your most precious discoveries. It doesn't take a whole lot of people to constitute a "crowd" in the water. And what tends to make it palatable is the fact that you kinda have to find your own way there - a right of passage so to speak. If it becomes too easy (much like your roads theory) then its going to become clogged with the exact kind of person you pray isn't in the campsite next to you. In this case, I would argue that sharing locations is worse than a paved road. There are paved roads all over Southern California, and there are still great surf spots that the masses don't know about.

[Edited on 4-23-2011 by Bajamatic]

David K - 4-23-2011 at 10:42 AM

BajaMatic, the point is I have NOT disclosed location of surf points.

I have said more times than I can count that I am not a surfer, and wouldn't be able to tell another person what a good surf location is.

I also have not provided GPS along the road that parallels the Pacific... as if that had some kind of magic power to bring bad surfers to your surf break.

So, consider that it is the graded and paved roads that will increase traffic, not my 2007 trip report... okay?

BajaGringo - 4-23-2011 at 10:52 AM

You know, the more you keep wanting to fight over the Seven Sisters issue (this supposedly "secret" surfing spot), the more curiosity you create over where this "secret" surfing spot actually is. That will probably just motivate more people to come down and try to find this "previously secret" surfing location.

Just saying...

yellowklr - 4-23-2011 at 10:58 AM

ITS SIMPLE
if you want to try to keep a spot secret DONT even post a report........

This forum is for sharing Info with others, not post a report and then not tell anyone where you went.

I'm a fisherman if I post a fishing report I'll say where I fished. If I don't want anyone to know where I fished I won't post a report

I do think the secret stuff is STUPID

[Edited on 4-23-2011 by yellowklr]

Bajamatic - 4-23-2011 at 12:03 PM

I'd add that I say all of this with all due respect to Mr. DK. I totally enjoy all of your posts, FYI. Including the drip system one.

Hair splitting indeed. What are the seven sisters? Aren't we talking about K38?

[Edited on 4-23-2011 by Bajamatic]

David K - 4-23-2011 at 12:08 PM

Thanks amigos (Bajamatic, Frank, yellowklr, Ron)!

Beers on me on 'my special' beach (that I hope to see you all on, having fun)... Do you need the GPS for it??? ;D

absinvestor - 4-23-2011 at 12:58 PM

Wow, and to think I started all this by asking for the name of a beach. I haven't surfed in 20 years and was only inquiring because it was on the Pacific Ocean side which would be cooler (temperature wise) than the Mulege area. It looked like a nice place to take two young granddaughters to roast marshmellows and ride their bogey boards!! David's maps have helped me immensely. He supplied a great map for a friend that was towing a long fifth wheel and needed street by street directions to the Tecate border. The directions worked perfectly and my friend will be forever grateful. (Oh goodness, I hope the directions weren't suppose to be a secret!!! Now, everybody will probably want to take that secret route to the border and the traffic will be unbearable....) To me this is silly. The chances of any two posters being at this beach during the same week is remote and so what if they are??? Is there really only room for one surfer at a time?? Does the surfer that found this beach in 1968 have more rights than the surfer that didn't find it until 1970? Can the dad that surfed it in 1968 not give the info to his grandkids? To David- I'm sorry I asked and I really do appreciate the excellent directions and maps you have supplied to Tecate and to Scorpion beach etc. Ron

mtgoat666 - 4-23-2011 at 01:09 PM

most surfers you find on 7 sisters coast are typically the same so cal jerks you find in san diego and orange county beaches.
i have found that the so cal jerks take their localism with them to baja, and act like they own the place if more gingos show up at "their" baja beach. most surfers are nice if you are already acquainted, but if not aquainted, surfers are the worst jerks you will encounter on a baja beach.

i mean that, the worst jerks i ever met in baja were so cal surfers. they are the only people you will find in baja that bring their adolescent tribalism with them (except for some gang bangers in TJ-Rosarito corridor). not all surfers are bad in baja, but there are a bunch of them,...

the comments you see here about protecting secret spots are the bad side of surfing.

localists should take their bad vibes elsewhere

peace love and fish tacos! (except, i wish lots of flat tires on surfer jerks that bring their localism to baja!)

woody with a view - 4-23-2011 at 02:53 PM

Quote:

So it goes contrary to entire point of going down there to tell the world about it and share the coordinates, etc on the internet. Thats not to say there isn't intel to be gleaned from the veterans of this part of baja, but it just isnt really cool to go griping about how no one wants to post a name or a location for millions of viewers to read. This isn't national geographic - we don't want readers, we want solitude. So if the local people want exposure, then they outta log in and post pics and coordinates. This particular spot is usually pretty impacted with people, and I don't think it would be in the best interest of the guy who runs it to broadcast a mass e-vite to his place - I would have to think that the bulk of his business would drift right on down the beach to one of the other "secret spots" and he'd be left to clean up after a bunch of disrespectful spring breakers with ghetto blasters and kegs. Come to think of it, a keg would be nice down there.

i give up, for the summer season! see the above. we go and find it. we don't advertise, gps, rock crawls, etc... that is for "you others, on your other side." nobody owns the road, granted. when others arrive, if they have any respect they don't park 15 feet away, pile out of their dad's rig and ask if it's going off? subtlety..... don't expect to find Requeson out there during semana santa, unless these maps (in other threads) keep being posted.

and mtgoat69er, go lay down by your water bowl.....

edit: and to all of the haters on this site - we've met dozens of Nomads out there, on the road to nowhere. we crop our fotos, leave crumbs for the like minded to pick up on, share our REAL trips thru email and generally like each others company!

you wouldn't believe the fun we have laughing about, "how the masses don't have a clue." check out the malibu wave cam next time shaun styles tells the world there is a high surf advisory, and imagine baja like that.

it's DK's narcissism that gets the wagons in a circle..... nobody begrudges him for his knowledge, it's the things he has no clue about........

happy easter bunnies to all!

[Edited on 4-23-2011 by woody with a view]

yellowklr - 4-23-2011 at 03:20 PM

Ok being super (CIA) secret about a spot to the point of cropping pics......Why post at all on a Public forum??????????

Just to show off that you have a spot we don't???

Why not post a Restraunt review and not tell me where it is??

Some of you don't get it....If you want to post its cause you like to share your stories and information.....

At least thats what I thought

woody with a view - 4-23-2011 at 03:31 PM

i love to share how i just scored.

i just don't want it to become an internet search result.

comprende?:?:

torch - 4-23-2011 at 08:31 PM

just got back and We were the only ones there . had a great time , no fish caught, drove for good size waves, surfed every day, good food, clams and cold beer. I think I seriously need a good surf fishing guide (been skunked every time - prob. 6 times. ) the weather could have been a little better but I still managed a little tan:D:D

brewer - 4-23-2011 at 09:04 PM

Good to hear that. I tried fishing everyday. Around the corner, off the rocks, from my surfboard, a ways out. Got skunked too. Too much kelp and grass in the water from the sizable surf. Fouled up my lure every cast. I heard the ticket is to put some clam on your hook. Did you try that?

woody with a view - 4-24-2011 at 08:52 AM

hhave been back 3 times since oct. no fish to be had. these were the good old days of last year.....

baja oct 10 150.jpg - 48kB

David K - 4-24-2011 at 09:13 AM

Beautiful spotfin croakers!

dtbushpilot - 4-24-2011 at 12:10 PM

Bia always has a big beautiful smile in all of her pictures......dt

Bajamatic - 4-24-2011 at 01:25 PM

"the comments you see here about protecting secret spots are the bad side of surfing."

I's say that's pretty naive. Its a small act of respect to not broadcast the whereabouts of the places lots of people enjoy to escape to because there aren't a lot of people who know about it. OK - so it's not respect that's aimed at you, but it certainly isn't an act of disrespect. But to judge someone because they choose to make an effort to keep something protected from mass invasion (even if its a symbolic act more than anything) is pretty shallow. Its a choice. Why not let people make that choice? i know for a fact that if you approach pretty much everyone in this discussion protecting these locations they will tell you where to go if you're really headed down there. But on a thread? Go google "seven sisters going off". That wasn't too hard, was it?

This isn't about keeping information from nomads, its just about a moral belief. Its not localism, or some weird kind of ownership - its an act of respect for the people and the places.

oldtortisegrl - 4-24-2011 at 06:31 PM

I'll be there in June.....is the campground open or is that a secret too?

oldtortisegrl - 4-24-2011 at 08:05 PM

I'm on my way.....is the campground open now?

BajaGringo - 4-24-2011 at 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by oldtortisegrl
I'm on my way.....is the campground open now?

Can't tell you - it's a secret...