BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  4
Author: Subject: On the west side, half way down. Or so.
brewer
Nomad

Mood: Grateful

[*] posted on 4-15-2011 at 09:31 PM
On the west side, half way down. Or so.

Just an amazing trip to this place. You would always expect people to be here. Two camps when we arrived. None two days later. We had this beach for five days to ourselves. With waves. We are amazed and can't wait to get down again. My kids had the time of their young lives. My five year old surfed for the first time ever. Did great. The water was cold. He said his feet were burning. Enjoy the pictures if they come through.

https://picasaweb.google.com/114630261875012854928/BajaAbril...
AmoPescar
Senior Nomad

Mood: Need a Fish Taco and a Pacifico!

[*] posted on 4-15-2011 at 09:41 PM

VERY NICE PICS!

Nice that you had such a good trip and made so many wonderful memories with the kids!

Thanks for taking the time to share!

Miguelamo :yes: ;D :)
baronvonbob
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-15-2011 at 09:46 PM

So Cool
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-15-2011 at 10:13 PM

Beautiful place... nice photos... lucky boy(s)!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Barbarosa
Nomad

Mood: "On th' road again..."

[*] posted on 4-15-2011 at 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by telebrewer
Just an amazing trip to this place. You would always expect people to be here. Two camps when we arrived. None two days later. We had this beach for five days to ourselves.

That is certainly very cool. What a great time. It's terrific to have retreats where you can really escape like that.

But I also have to admit I read it with mixed feelings. I observed this lack of tourists throughout the entire peninsula. Hotels and restaurants that were essentially empty. This is such an important industry and it just seems like it has dried up. Kinda troubling.

But very cool nevertheless. Good you could take such great advantage.

Barbarosa
bajaandy
Senior Nomad

Mood: Adventurous

[*] posted on 4-16-2011 at 06:24 AM

Sweet. I have pictures just like that of teaching my boy and my nephew's how to surf in Baja. So cool. Love that spot too. You were lucky to have it to yourselves.

subvert the dominant paradigm

"If you travel with a man, you must either fall out with him or make him your good friend."
JBL Noel
Curt63
Super Nomad

Mood: Fish tacos and Tecate

[*] posted on 4-16-2011 at 07:01 AM

Score!

No worries
Pacifico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-16-2011 at 07:15 AM

Very cool!!! Loved the pics of your kids surfing....
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 4-16-2011 at 09:59 AM

Fantastic spot !!! what are the GPS co-ordinates.....Woody hasn't been there yet...;D:biggrin:

(Actually, Woody was very kind to me a few years ago giving me some secret info....which I kept to myself....:saint:)

Don't believe everything you think....
absinvestor
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-16-2011 at 10:59 AM

What is the name of the beach or nearby town? We're taking a couple of grandkids to Baja Sur in about a month. We're spending most of our time in the Mulege area but would like to spend some time on the Pacific Ocean side. The places that we are familar with are in Baja Norte and the weather is still pretty cold.
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-16-2011 at 11:14 AM

Great, what a beautiful place. Thanks for sharing.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-16-2011 at 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by absinvestor
What is the name of the beach or nearby town? We're taking a couple of grandkids to Baja Sur in about a month. We're spending most of our time in the Mulege area but would like to spend some time on the Pacific Ocean side. The places that we are familar with are in Baja Norte and the weather is still pretty cold.

Good luck getting that spilled!:lol:

Seriously, a few surfers somehow think that once they learn of a location nobody else should go... as if they would ever see another Nomad there when they are there, and even so... why would that be so bad?

The OP here probably just doesn't want one of the other secret keepers (and there are so many, it isn't a secret) to jump down his throat for giving the name of that beach north of Santa Rosalillita... or where-ever it is:lol::light:;D

Guys, the locals are hurting for some vacationers to return to Baja... with the economy and fear of Mexico, business is dead. Your 'spot' won't be ruined by other Nomads... the only harm will come from good roads that Mexico is building... because 'bad roads bring good people... but good roads bring ALL kinds of people'*

*Mama Espinoza, 1973 when pavement came to El Rosario.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 4-16-2011 at 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
......The OP here probably just doesn't want one of the other secret keepers (and there are so many, it isn't a secret) to jump down his throat for giving the name of that beach north of Santa Rosalillita... or where-ever it is:lol::light:;D

:o:o:o:o

.....and then the fight started.....;D

Don't believe everything you think....
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-16-2011 at 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K

Good luck getting that spilled!:lol:

Guys, the locals are hurting for some vacationers to return to Baja... with the economy and fear of Mexico, business is dead. Your 'spot' won't be ruined by other Nomads... the only harm will come from good roads that Mexico is building... because 'bad roads bring good people... but good roads bring ALL kinds of people'*

*Mama Espinoza, 1973 when pavement came to El Rosario.

Then quit Bchin about the dips south of SF. Ya can't have it both ways
tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-16-2011 at 12:36 PM

Please, DK, try to understand ! Promote your Missions and SOC and lost Gold Mines if you like. You wouldn't want graffitti and trash all over them?! I, for one, don't understand why you fight it? Ours is a Sacred Covenant. Good post , Amigo. WildCoast and surf Gremmies. Surf's Up! Tio
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 4-16-2011 at 12:39 PM

nyme sayin.......?

the places DK hasn't been are dwindling. maybe if it was put to his grill as, "1000's of landscapers were reading this forum waiting to build a drip system...."

but we know better!

nothing is sacred unless you make it so.......

mojo_norte
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-16-2011 at 01:45 PM

nice spot! maybe just a little hint...
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 4-16-2011 at 02:46 PM

we know where. if you don't, get off the 'puter and bring everything you need, cuz that is what you'll have.

secrets are where you find them......

[Edited on 4-16-2011 by woody with a view]

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-16-2011 at 02:52 PM

your kid is a natural born surfer !! just amazing to see !!!!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
absinvestor
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-16-2011 at 03:22 PM

David K- guess I'm a little surprised. We bring two grandkids- a 7 yr old and a 10yr old- both girls. They're more interested in roasting marshmellows on a fire and building a sand castle than finding a surfers paradise!! Guess I'm different- for example when we lived in Punta Banda newbies would ask for advise on fishing etc. I would give my exact set up- what bait to use- what tides to fish, where on the spit I caught the biggest fish etc. Moved to Colorado and did the same- pointed out the good lakes, type of bait, how to set up etc. Honestly when I asked for the name of the beach I wasn't looking for a secret or even an exact spot. Our time in Baja has either been spent on the Pacific side in the Punta Banda area or the Sea of Cortez side from Bahia de Los Angeles to LaPaz. When the original poster mentioned half way down I thought the weather would be warmer than in Baja Norte and we might try some time on the Pacific further south. I have never felt that the fish or camping spots were mine and have always shared the info with whoever asks. Now that the word is out that I don't keep secrets guess I'll never know where these pictures were taken!! Thanks for the clues!! Ron
 Pages:  1    3  4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.