BajaNomad

LORETO STORY #1

Skeet/Loreto - 5-5-2011 at 04:07 PM

Here we Go!

Oh! so many years ago there came to Loreto a beautifull Blond named Sandy harrison. She had met her husband on a Saliboat out of Matzlan. He had become well to do from lplacing Spices in Plastic Bags near the check out counter of major Stores.

Anyway they built 3 different Homes right at the entrance to the Loreto Marina{Before it was built} and really fitted into the Loreto Commuinity.
Sandy set up a Salt Water Awuarium and elisted my helpt in supplying different Fish. I was happy to help her out.
As time went by{Before the endangered Luncatics] I bought a small tank and Oxygen bottle and took some of the fish to my Friend in San Diego{I cannot name as he is a long time member of Scripps]. He was interestesd in some of the very tiny Purple Fish that you can see around Del el Fonso Island off of San Nicholas.

I never have questioned him of the happenings of these fish as i trust him to be Honest He reports that he has not been able to crossbreed them to a Greater Size

You Lunatics and Nuts have to realize that you must get out and live with the Specie instead of believing the liberal Nutty proffs. telling you like he thinks it is!!!.

Get out, Go look, discover in your own mind what you see, Do not believe in the Nuts!!

Osprey - 5-5-2011 at 05:01 PM

Skeet, you never asked me where I got my snake experience. It was on the Arizona strip many years ago. I was thrown out of work one summer and roamed that little piece above the Colorado.

Almost no caves in that country so the only one big enough for me was already taken by rattlers. I moved in anyway and made friends, best I could. Then a lonesome tejone, a badger moved in with us but he began to mistreat the snakes and we had many arguments about it. I fed him by hand and eventually lost part of two fingers. I run him off and was satisfied to eat only one snake a week (more for the liquid than the meat). I cooked and took my meals outside out of respect. It was more a workable arrangement for me than them as mice and rats would not come within a mile of my smell (et lots of wild onion when I could find it).

baronvonbob - 5-5-2011 at 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skeet/Loreto
Here we Go!

Oh! so many years ago there came to Loreto a beautifull Blond named Sandy harrison. She had met her husband on a Saliboat out of Matzlan. He had become well to do from lplacing Spices in Plastic Bags near the check out counter of major Stores.

Anyway they built 3 different Homes right at the entrance to the Loreto Marina{Before it was built} and really fitted into the Loreto Commuinity.

Is that the Place directly next to the federales and has two cabanas in back and a house in front? They both have died?

scouter - 5-5-2011 at 09:01 PM

# 2

After a long day on the water fishing out of Escondido I had to run my friends back to Loreto (Two amigos that were Garbage men from San Francisco), I always had guests stay at the Oasis, it was clean; food was good and bar was always in good company.
Any way it was late, dark and I was tired and after dropping them off and having one more drink, I needed to fill two drums with diesel before heading back to Tripue, I had a cold Pacifico at the pemex station on main street after fueling and started south, it was maybe 10-11 pm and dark as hell that night , as I headed up the hill after the long straight away past Loreto Bay and the golf coarse , as I rounded the area where the left is a cliff to the water and the right is a shear cliff straight up ,I heard a huge bang and the 1 ton 4x4 ford shook like a sum b-tch , I thought I was going over the cliff , I let of the gas and saw no lights but my head lights still pointing south , I had no idea what the heck just happened and did not want to stop , as I made my way I thought hell should I turn around and go see what I hit or what hit me , by the time I calmed down I was back at camp snoopy and My Dad was waiting for me , after telling him what happened he summoned me to the rear of the truck , the tail gate was gone and the bed had a 2 to 6 inch depression in the center of the last two feet, we grabbed a couple flash lights and headed back to the scene of impact, it was now and hour or so later , upon our arrival we found the tail gate in the middle of the highway and a rock the size of a cow next to it, the tail gate was history but we thru it in the back and we managed to get the large rock to the side with the front of my truck.
As we left to head back my Dad said you must have some kind of angle looking over you Son , had that hit a few feet earlier I would be burying you tomorrow…..
Haa Baja never a dull moment…. We fished for a few more days and went home….
Another great trip….

jbcoug - 5-5-2011 at 09:40 PM

Patch,

Now that is a piece of fine literature.

John

Marc - 5-5-2011 at 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jbcoug
Patch,

Now that is a piece of fine literature.

John

Another Hemingway.

flyfishinPam - 5-6-2011 at 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by soulpatch
YoUn know, I was prondering this and since I am not a lunatic, nor a commie for those that care, butt a nutt (which is quite odd in itself since I am allerjic to nutts), I was thinking aboot this fish I almost caught once.
Christ, it was big. But the esea still holds as many as it used to so go almost get one yourself.
You should've scene it. I wish I had.
So, I was on my way back to the people in the GoOd OLd dazy(dazy was my ride....god I miss her) where men were men and women service them and I just couldn't get over how damn together my chiiite was bundled! If cows were pink then I was tickled.
Except fo r that once place int the road....some drunk arse mukker futher with his finger out the window and redfaced yellin' was in my lane...WTF? So, Anwyay....nekkid as usual, I high tialed it back to my place liek I was on a bycicle on the cover of a Queen album.
THere, well, I consorted with the simple people and, as we danced 'round the Maypole, I thought "thank god I am not in 'Frisco, becuase ,w eell they might think I am gay.
No way, tho. Not here in Texas.

[Edited on 5-6-2011 by soulpatch]

you Forgot to mention coon huntin' and Two eyed tequila

Bajamatic - 5-6-2011 at 10:41 AM

"You Lunatics and Nuts have to realize that you must get out and live with the Specie instead of believing the liberal Nutty proffs. telling you like he thinks it is!!!."

To quote one of my favorite movies, "you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls arse, but why not just take your butcher's word for it?"

[Edited on 5-6-2011 by Bajamatic]

Skeet/Loreto - 5-6-2011 at 10:52 AM

Matic.

One day many years ago I noticed a Person or thing Hanging around the Beach North of Loreto so I started a conversation and started talking to the Uglist gitls I had every seen.

Soon I got to wondering what she would look like underneath those terrible clothes.WOWWOW WOW!!

YOU CANNOT BELIEVE THE BEAUTIFULL BODY!!!

sometimes you got to be Risky and see whats There!!

Cypress - 5-6-2011 at 12:07 PM

Loreto? After Skeet/Loreto's last post I lost my train of thought.:biggrin:

toneart - 5-6-2011 at 12:23 PM

Quote:
Matic.

One day many years ago I noticed a Person or thing Hanging around the Beach North of Loreto so I started a conversation and started talking to the Uglist gitls I had every seen.

Soon I got to wondering what she would look like underneath those terrible clothes.WOWWOW WOW!!

sometimes you got to be Risky and see whats There!!

...contrived capital letters:!::rolleyes:

Cypress - 5-6-2011 at 12:31 PM

Loreto. An easy town to live in. Lots of friendly people. When the sun sets the music begins to play till midnight, then the dogs begin to bark. And after that the roosters begin to crow. Loreto.:yes:

El Camote - 5-6-2011 at 12:37 PM

I'm still trying to figure out what a "gitl" is. :?: Is it like a griddle? A girdle? What happens when a gitl giggles? Especially if it's on the uglist. I don't think I'd want to be on the Ug list although I've enjoyed wearing Uggs. :?::?::?::?:

Skeet/Loreto - 5-6-2011 at 12:49 PM

Sorry El Camote, did not check it shoujd have been girl"s,

Deciphering Skeetisms

MrBillM - 5-6-2011 at 12:54 PM

Probably takes someone who has spent a lot of time in Texas absorbing the regional Idioms.

It's much the same in the South.

The first time I traveled to my last ex-wife's birthplace in rural Georgia, I couldn't understand a lot that was said. After awhile, they made sense and I knew it was time to get going.

Picture a whole room filled with Skeet-Talkers. Hopefully, there'd be Alcohol.

vandenberg - 5-6-2011 at 12:57 PM

Skeet,
showing your "Horny Toad" expertise.:biggrin::biggrin:

Skeet/Loreto - 5-6-2011 at 01:02 PM

Hey Van: Would you or someone post a Photo of a "Horny Toad'??

I do not know how to post Photos.
'There are several Websites with good Picture.
Most posters may have never seen one.

Thanks Skeet

vandenberg - 5-6-2011 at 01:11 PM

Quote:
Hey Van: Would you or someone post a Photo of a "Horny Toad'??

I do not know how to post Photos.
'There are several Websites with good Picture.
Most posters may have never seen one.

Thanks Skeet

Here you go Skeet

grinning old man.jpg - 44kB

djh - 5-6-2011 at 01:18 PM

Reading glasses ? ?

Quote:

One day, manly years ago I noticed a Person Hanging around my thingy, at the Beach North of Loreto so I started a conversation and started talking to the Uglist gintles I had every seen.

Soon I got to wondering what hesheit would look like underneath my terrible clothes. WOWWOW WOW!!

sometimes you got to be (f)Risky and see whats There!!

now.... thar's a waller I kin genitally sprinkl on my Specie Nuts.

bajafam - 5-8-2011 at 07:52 AM

please tell me that your "friends" did not tire of said fish and release them into the ocean....
I know, I know, it wouldn't have mattered...

Skeet/Loreto - 5-8-2011 at 11:16 AM

bajafam: There was ayoung man from San diego{former Scripps Person} that was doing a bunch of his own study.

He had at least 10 different people doing Salt Water Aquaiums in the San diego Area. He worked his butt off taking care of those fish, And guess what, He is still doing it but very quietly because of all those PETA Lunatics.

bajafam - 5-8-2011 at 11:38 AM

I'm sure that the folks in and around the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic Ocean wish that some of those PETA "lunatics" had caught the numskull that released the Lion Fish there. But of course, that had no consequence, unless of course you are it's prey, the now disintegrating natural fish population, or of course a coral reef. But, meh, what difference does that make anyway?

Skeet/Loreto - 5-8-2011 at 12:58 PM

Good Question Fam:

What difference does it make regarding the Lion Fish??

What difference does it make or has made with the "Snail Darter??]

I cam see if the Global Warming Fiasco were true where there could be a problem

What difference could anyone stop 1 Billion Chinese people from eating? Just to save the Planet??

If you could teach and control all the people and stop them from being GREEDY you could make a difference.

mcfez - 5-8-2011 at 02:06 PM

Quote:
Good Question Fam:

What difference does it make regarding the Lion Fish??

What difference does it make or has made with the "Snail Darter??]

I cam see if the Global Warming Fiasco were true where there could be a problem

What difference could anyone stop 1 Billion Chinese people from eating? Just to save the Planet??

If you could teach and control all the people and stop them from being GREEDY you could make a difference.

Skeet...you should back off this crazy stuff of yours. It's all making you look very foolish....... Or are you just a lost cause .......trying to talk some sense into you?

[Edited on 5-8-2011 by mcfez]

bajafam - 5-8-2011 at 09:29 PM

Skeet ~ I refuse to get into the whole "what difference does it make" thread with you again.

Introduction of the lion fish has wreaked havoc on the native waterways of the Florida panhandle ~ in the keys alone, this one species has nearly destroyed the coral reefs and depleted the once plentiful native fish (with the help of careless fishermen too, I assure you). How's this sound, Skeet? I will transplant a breeding couple of Lion Fish into your precious Sea of Cortez and you tell me what happens and how little it matters.

Cypress - 5-9-2011 at 04:09 AM

The Lion fish wouldn't stand a chance, they'd first be wrapped up in gill nets, then wrapped in a tortilla.

ELINVESTIG8R - 5-9-2011 at 04:15 AM

bajafam - 5-9-2011 at 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cypress
The Lion fish wouldn't stand a chance, they'd first be wrapped up in gill nets, then wrapped in a tortilla.

apparently that is the method of choice to eradicate them :)

Skeet/Loreto - 5-9-2011 at 07:02 AM

bajafam:

Would you please PROVE "Wrecked Havoc on Florida waterwways"".

monoloco - 5-9-2011 at 07:09 AM

http://www.oar.noaa.gov/spotlite/archive/2009/articles/lionf...

bajafam - 5-9-2011 at 12:03 PM

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2749003/_lionfish_w...

http://esciencenews.com/articles/2008/07/17/lionfish.decimat...

http://www.physorg.com/news185130378.html

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2010-08-19/news/fl-hrb-fish...

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/23/science/23lionfish.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/8...

http://www.earthtimes.org/conservation/special-elf-mini-harp...

SEEMS that releasing an INVASIVE NON-NATIVE species has some effects, hmmm....ever wonder why the FAMED QUEEN CONCH of the CONCH REPUBLIC (aka KEY WEST) no longer exists in the KEYS?? ALL the conch served in Key West, including shells sold are IMPORTED from the Bahamas now.

Pity.

bajafam - 5-9-2011 at 12:06 PM

The only solution ~
as Lion fish have absolutely NO natural predators in the Florida Waterways ~

http://eatlionfish.com/Home_Page.php

bajafam - 5-9-2011 at 01:31 PM

and really Skeet ~ you can't see what's happening in your own precious Sea??

http://www.seawatch.org/reports/sea_of_cortez.php

http://www.allaboutbaja.com/seaofcortez.html

Skeet/Loreto - 5-9-2011 at 04:11 PM

Since you are the espert, tell me what you think is "happening to the Great Sea of Cortez

I will bet I can still go off the Beach South of Asuncion and get "Lots of Lobster.

I can go within 5 miles of Loreto Proper and pull out 3 25 to 30 Lb yellow tail most anytime of the years.

I can go to the Isla of Del ElFonso and catch Amberjack, yellowtail, Dorado, Cabrilla and a Golden Grouper {If I wanted to keep it}.

The last couple of years have been fantanstic , and Of course this brings in more Commercials who will take some fish and wait another couple of years for the fish to come back.

I will admit I did not like to see those three pangas full of Turtles come in at San Gigoario some years back. But I also realize some hard working fisherman made some Money for their Familes.

Not much different than the Cheating Lawyers in the States making money off of the Citzens to feed their Greed??

What is the difference Fam???

bajafam - 5-9-2011 at 04:27 PM

For One, dear Skeety ~ Asuncion is not on the Sea of Cortez :)

For Two, I am not an expert, but I do not choose to hide my head in the sand and pretend that everything is just peachy in our beautiful seas.

If you cannot or are unwilling to read ~ the bold printed fish are commercially extinct or will be in a few years. That includes ~ Cabrilla, Black SeaBass, Gulf Grouper, White Seabass, Yellowtail, Manta Ray, Roosterfish, Dog Snapper, Sierra, and Grouper.

The data was complied over 17 years of DAILY fishing and diving, as well as DAILY conversations with long-range boats from California, local fishermen, charter boat operators, etc. from Cabo San Lucas to San Felipe on a continuing basis.

Striped Marlin: down by 50-60% over the last 15 years
The average size in Cabo San Lucas is down from 160 to 110 pounds (Inter-American Tropical Tuna Commission just admitted that striped marlin are being fished at twice their sustainable rate. This admission came only after they split the striped marlin into a northern and a southern population)

Tuotova: Nearly Extinct

Turtles: Endangered

Shrimp: Down dramatically. Now they weigh the whole shrimp instead of just the tails to preserve the illusion that catches remain high.

Sardines: One billion pounds a year were taken; now all Guaymas canneries are gone.

Grouper: Commercially extinct.

Yellowtail: Down dramatically. Loreto was the yellow tail capital of the world, two seiners destroyed them in two weeks.

Thresher Sharks: Extinct

Pacific Manta: Dramatically reduced

Whale Sharks: Divers haven't seen them in large numbers for five years in the Sea of Cortez.

You said yourself that you often have to "wait another couple of years for the fish to come back." Trust me, there will come a day (very soon) when the waiting will be forever.

Those Cheating Lawyers

MrBillM - 5-9-2011 at 04:29 PM

Fish and Lawyers go together ?

Are they the ones taking all the fish in San Diego ?

Probably led by that couple at Shelter Island in "Dos Abogados".

One boat that EVERYBODY gives a wide berth.

Skeet/Loreto - 5-9-2011 at 04:44 PM

Fam : I do not accept the figures as presented:

I do not accept that there were valid people on the Sea "Countiueily checking the fish Populations.

On the Sea of cortez that means all year around as the Fish move in and out of the Cortez

75 % of a certain year which may be a Large Year or small years..
And do you believe it, the Whales, Dolphins were Fantastic this years. Did you see or hear anybody talking about it?????

No Fam I have not seen enough "Honest" Information. Yes there has been no Shrimps around Loreto in the past few years but Let me tell You there is Shrimp Galore there now!! Try it!

P. S. Tortuva up North is coming back. Why did you not show that in your Reference. I know this from and old time fisherman at San Felipe. Not a bunch of young Species Nuts who went to college but have never been on the Sea of Cortez.

The only proof I see is when I go fishing anywhere with in a 100 miles of Loreto I see Fish! Fish ! Fish!

We need to have a College Degree in Honesty, Reporting on Actual Experience. Might Help

monoloco - 5-9-2011 at 04:48 PM

I've eaten lion fish, it's delicious.

Bajamatic - 5-9-2011 at 05:14 PM

Skeet:

The above study claims to have been done over 17 years, on a daily basis. You're making a grossly uninformed assumption that the person who wrote that has any less experience in local waters than your "old timer".

Also, I find it very entertaining that you've chosen to support your argument about 'environmental nuts' by reporting a rebound in Tortuva populations. At first glance it would appear that you agree that this fish exists in smaller numbers than it once did, and it sounds like you believe that the fishing ban is effective, no?

maspacifico - 5-9-2011 at 05:25 PM

I believe Dennis put up a nice photo of what online debating with the skeetman will get you. I do like the thoughtful give and take, the banter, the repartee, the charts and graphs...I'm sure he is being swayed by all the input! He's a looney! Carry on.......I'm sure May 17 will clear it all up!

DENNIS - 5-9-2011 at 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by maspacifico
I believe Dennis put up a nice photo of what online debating with the skeetman will get you.

I don't recall how deep into my archives I dove for that one, but this possibly could be the one:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_9RSF7PAcdNY/Swx1duVWECI/AAAAAAAAAB...

maspacifico - 5-9-2011 at 06:17 PM

Not the one I was referring to, yet, "spot on"

bajafam - 5-9-2011 at 07:49 PM

One thing I will give the ol' Skeet (aka "cat-crap-big" as shown in the pic above) ~ by his constant "those facts don't mean crap to me" retort, I have been able to research more and more about creatures, places, people that I may have never really delved into prior.

So, thank you Skeet, for opening my eyes to some of the plights around Baja ~ of the native populations there and how that effects native populations elsewhere. I guess that makes you a professor by proxy.

At Sea Skeet Fishing

MrBillM - 5-9-2011 at 09:02 PM

Skeeter Musings:

"I do not accept that there were valid people on the Sea "Countiueily checking the fish Populations".
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Actually, they have Automated Computerized systems which (note spelling) "continually" count the Bubbles generated by their breathing.

"On the Sea of cortez that means all year around as the Fish move in and out of the Cortez"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No Problema, either. They track the stamps on their Passports.

"75 % of a certain year which may be a Large Year or small years..
And do you believe it, the Whales, Dolphins were Fantastic this years. Did you see or hear anybody talking about it?????"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Are those Large years and Small years the result of variations in Gravitational influences ? Or, an error in the Calendar ? What about the OTHER 25 percent of that given year ? Is it Large, Small or varied ?

"No Fam I have not seen enough "Honest" Information. Yes there has been no Shrimps around Loreto in the past few years but Let me tell You there is Shrimp Galore there now!! Try it!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No Shrimps ? Any has-been Dwarfs ? I know there's a lot of has-been Gringos around there. And, elsewhere. I don't know about that Shrimp Galore, but I remember Pussy Galore in "Goldfinger". That sure looked tasty.

"P. S. Tortuva up North is coming back. Why did you not show that in your Reference. I know this from and old time fisherman at San Felipe. Not a bunch of young Species Nuts who went to college but have never been on the Sea of Cortez".
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Being Migratory, aren't they always yearly coming BACK North ? Exactly HOW does that "and old-time fisherman" count them ? Bubbles ? What happens if he takes a day off or goes on vacation ? Does he have a designated alternate fish counter ?

"The only proof I see is when I go fishing anywhere with in a 100 miles of Loreto I see Fish! Fish ! Fish!"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is that before or after the Tequila ? Are they Pink ? Well, it's ALL Pink inside. Or, So they say.

"We need to have a College Degree in Honesty, Reporting on Actual Experience. Might Help. yes."
It ALL sounds Fishy to me. To a Degree. Honestly !

Well, Go Fish.

[Edited on 5-10-2011 by MrBillM]

bajafam - 5-9-2011 at 09:38 PM

:lol:

Skeet/Loreto - 5-10-2011 at 06:38 AM

Fam:

Is it not great to live in this Great County and have the Freedom to Live and Say as you Please.??

I believe that a good many of these so-called experts at different things on Species are "Liars for Money""

They stir up the Weak minded , tell them stories and collect the Donations.
Look at the Lies the Global Warming think was caught in!!

I know the Sea of Cortez from the stand point of Observation and Use.

I know what I see not what some one setting in a Classroom tells me.

bajafam - 5-10-2011 at 07:10 AM

ahh...yes, of course, Skeety, of course.

but I'm a believer that we have the Freedom to Live and Say as we please as long as it fits the agenda. You are a great case in point. What you say is the "gospel truth" so to speak, and anyone with facts and observation to the contrary is a "Liar for money".

It's fine. I'd rather be one of the "weak minded" and do what I can to help preserve this planet for my children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, and so on and so forth. I battle the masses of laissez-faire and much ado about nothing in order to spread information and possibly help to change the disposable attitude that has become a mainstay of the American culture.

Cypress - 5-10-2011 at 08:04 AM

bajafam, Hang in there! But argueing with Skeet/Loreto is a lost cause. Some Native Americans once believed that a "Ghost Dance" would bring back the buffalo. They danced. Skeet/Loreto is dancing around the facts.

bajafam - 5-10-2011 at 08:16 AM

I'm no longer arguing with Skeet ~ just posting on the topics he brings up. He is a lost cause, but others are not :)

toneart - 5-10-2011 at 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajafam
I'm no longer arguing with Skeet ~ just posting on the topics he brings up. He is a lost cause, but others are not :)

Ah ha! :light:

LancairDriver - 5-10-2011 at 09:45 AM

If it weren't for Skeet borrowing the "rope-a-dope" tactic from Mohammad Ali, this board would be much less entertaining, as evidenced from the number of "ropes" he has pulled in on his posts.
This provides some entertainment since there have been no posts from Pompano lately who has always regularly contributed some very interesting pictures and topics. I miss seeing those.
This is not to detract from the many other informative and entertaining posts on the board.

mtgoat666 - 5-10-2011 at 10:12 AM

Quote:
I know what I see not what some one setting in a Classroom tells me.

skeet:
it is apparent that you missed out on book learning,... and instead learned everything you needed to know from observing barnyard animals and verbal teachings of baptist preachers.

Skeet/Loreto - 5-10-2011 at 10:32 AM

Queestion for the Specie Nuts on Board:

Where any of you on or around the Sea of Cortez seveeral years ago when the Thousands and Thousands of Tons of Squid where taken ??????????

Does nayone know Factualy how it affected the Wateres around Loreto. Maybe a Detailed , Statistcial report written by a Newspaper reported from the Sacrament Bee?????

Let us here from all of You.

toneart - 5-10-2011 at 11:28 AM

Some more Skeet observations:

1. I haven't noticing him singling out one person with malicious attacks. In spite of his prejudices, he remains a Texas gentleman.

2. Most of his opinions are sweeping generalizations (however deeply flawed and offensive).

3. He does provide good entertainment. Although he says some pretty outrageous things, I believe he is primarily doing it for his own entertainment; you know...jerking our chains.

4. I believe he does have dated Baja experience but the times have passed him by without much notice taken by him.

5. I don't believe a word he says about cross breeding species other than Tequila and Hiram Walker. :lol: Nobody is that ignorant!

6. His writing is performed by multiple personalities, muses or demons.

:yawn::yawn::yawn::rolleyes:

Skeet/Loreto - 5-10-2011 at 01:19 PM

He Bajafam:

I feel sorry for you and all your Grand Children.

Her you are taking Food out of the Mouth of Fisherman and their Familes just so "Your Grandchildren will be able to eat Fish""..

What about it Fam. Is that Fair to rob the present kids of Food just for your Unborn Grandkids!!????????

Skeet/Loreto - 5-10-2011 at 01:27 PM

Tonart:

Did you ever hear or see about the type of Industry that was at one time in Ascusion on the Pacific Coast/?.
If you turn off from Km 79 on Hwy I it will take you a darn good four Hours to get to the Coast. And if you are in the Know and get to the right person they will tell you about the japanese Button Makers for the Japanese Calculaters.
They will also tell you about the "Stamping out of so-called "Scallops" from Skates, then transported to the States and sold as :Scallops>
They have a very good Reputation for working and feeding their Familes.

Naysaying Skeet ?

MrBillM - 5-10-2011 at 02:29 PM

I'm assuming that a "NAYONE" is a Texas Naysayer and the Sacrament Bee is a Holy Honey Pub, but feel free to correct me. As to Factualy, Wateres and Statistcial, Quien Sabe ?

Skeet:

Does nayone know Factualy how it affected the Wateres around Loreto. Maybe a Detailed , Statistcial report written by a Newspaper reported from the Sacrament Bee?????

bajafam - 5-10-2011 at 03:41 PM

1. I haven't noticing him singling out one person with malicious attacks. In spite of his prejudices, he remains a Texas gentleman.

"He Bajafam:

I feel sorry for you and all your Grand Children."

looks like he's singling me out, but whatever.

"Her you are taking Food out of the Mouth of Fisherman and their Familes just so "Your Grandchildren will be able to eat Fish""..

What about it Fam. Is that Fair to rob the present kids of Food just for your Unborn Grandkids!!???????? "

Really not sure how teaching my future generations to be sustainable and protect the planet = robbing present children of food. Sustainability is key here. The problem does not lie with the locals feeding their families, it lies with careless folks and commercial fisheries that over fish, kill needlessly, or introduce foreign species and matter into the oceans.

The reason that Asuncion and surrounding fishing communities are successful and continue to be so is because of their sustainable practices!! They are internationally recognized for doing it right and a model for the rest of the world.

Skeet/Loreto - 5-10-2011 at 03:55 PM

You know Fam, you are the best post on this subject.

You admit that you are one of those {one plantet , global thingys, Person>}

I do not think that a One World, Global get together thing is Possible, I do not hink the the Commie, Socialist thing works nor will ever be successful in dealing with People.

I do think that many of the Commie and Socialist types will do anything to do something that will help them Control the people,

What about the Squid Fam. Any Comments???

DENNIS - 5-10-2011 at 04:02 PM

Quote:
What about the Squid Fam. Any Comments???

Here they are, Skeet:

http://slapblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/inbred.jpg

bajafam - 5-10-2011 at 04:41 PM

If you want information about the Squid ~ are you referring to the Humboldt Squid??

http://www.nwf.org/News-and-Magazines/National-Wildlife/Anim...

http://www.mexfish.com/mfn/mfn2004/mfn040531/mfn040531.htm

http://www.livescience.com/2604-scientists-squid-attack-squi...

Is that what you were looking for? thanks for having me search. I won 25 swagbucks :)

Skeet/Loreto - 5-10-2011 at 04:59 PM

What do you think about the taking of the Squid out of the Sea of Cortez and what affect it had on the
fishing??

Just looking for Facts

bajafam - 5-10-2011 at 05:04 PM

what I THINK and the FACTS are not one and the same. perhaps that is part of the reason that we cannot see eye to eye.

Little Squirts Long Time Passing ?

MrBillM - 5-10-2011 at 05:07 PM

Only a Problem if you use Squid for Bait ?

maspacifico - 5-10-2011 at 05:59 PM

Skeets is referring to commercial fisherman taking all the squid. The squid fishermen left when there was nothing to take, and then the squid made a comeback. His thought is that man is part of the cycle. What he won't see is that we, mankind, are getting much better at harvesting what's there than when he was around, and, there are a whole lot more of us competing for the same thing. When I moved here there was a guy that came and dove for oysters. He would come every month or so and dive a different spot each time. Now, there are 30 guys and they are here every week, and they cover everything. They are all trying to make a living but they aren't making anything. And, that will get worse as they scratch everything off the rocks. Then they will all move to Texas and join skeets church. Amen.

bajafam - 5-10-2011 at 06:16 PM

Removal of a native species, or introduction of a foreign species, both have a tremendous impact on the natural balance of an ecosystem. Love them or hate them, the Humboldt Squid have their place in the Sea of Cortez, and the removal of them would have a detrimental effect.

Bajamatic - 5-10-2011 at 06:36 PM

here is a fact for you skeet:

Squid are a type of mollusk.

http://tinyurl.com/42ugwas

woody with a view - 5-10-2011 at 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by maspacifico
Skeets is referring to commercial fisherman taking all the squid. The squid fishermen left when there was nothing to take, and then the squid made a comeback. His thought is that man is part of the cycle. What he won't see is that we, mankind, are getting much better at harvesting what's there than when he was around, and, there are a whole lot more of us competing for the same thing. When I moved here there was a guy that came and dove for oysters. He would come every month or so and dive a different spot each time. Now, there are 30 guys and they are here every week, and they cover everything. They are all trying to make a living but they aren't making anything. And, that will get worse as they scratch everything off the rocks. Then they will all move to Texas and join skeets church. Amen.

Salud! most salient post of the day!

mike odell - 5-10-2011 at 10:38 PM

whoopie ti yii yo git along ole doggie skeeter
yur quite a hoot, ya ole galoot
nekkid ridin the west tejas prairies
denouncin them liberal fairies
hell bent fur leather yu go, whoopee tii yi yo
bullwhippin them loonies an druggies just so
yur livin them lifetimes more an a bunch, take no time for lunch
them nomads are coyotes howlin, no a churchy type bunch
pullin their chain, two eyed tekiller refrain,
hot damn,
whoopee ti yi yo

disclaimer: sung to the tune of the battle hymn of sweetwater texas
bye the bye, thanks again Skeet for the Meds!

mike odell - 5-10-2011 at 11:11 PM

Skeeter/ Loreto/ Texas/ LA/ Yukon/Nepal/ an some of ya other
younkers, it's all fun chain pullin!
I been to a couple taffy pullins an goat ropins my own self.
Skeet ya'll slide on down here for some cold dranks, and bbq,
I'll be happyier than a horn toad to serve ya up some vittles,
and i'll loan ya a set of one of my ex wifes false teeth, if your inclined,
and iffin youre in need.
I keeps em in the pickled egg jug on the bar, next to the pig feets.
Bring a passle a dancin girlies, usuns will cut up a rug, just don't be
chunkin no glass at the band, I put up that poltry wire for a reason,
but still makes ole Willie an Waylon nervy as a cat fulla peach seeds.
dont bee eatin them pink mints outta the urinal niether.

Skeet/Loreto - 5-11-2011 at 06:41 AM

Good Moring Nomads:

Had our first good Lighting and Thunder Storm last night. Very little Rain.

I wonder how many Horses or other Anumals were Struck by Lighting and killed last nite??

Natural elimination of a Specie??

Do you Lunatic/Nuts really believe that this can be a "One-World_" Global Community??

It is impossible!! Look at the difference in People and Countries!

Do you actually believe the Muslims would not kill you , just because you are a Non=Believer??

It takes all Kinds.

BajaDove - 5-11-2011 at 06:48 AM

Skeet call me what you want but I believe, like any other man, the average Muslim unprovoked would not kill me.

Cypress - 5-11-2011 at 06:50 AM

Quote:
Good Moring Nomads:
It takes all Kinds.

Yep!

Skeet/Loreto - 5-11-2011 at 07:18 AM

Bajadove:

That is the Problem Dove; How do you determine the One who would not Kill you.

Especially when you have Mothers and Fathers teaching their Children different, strapping Explosives around them and sending them to the Mall.
Look at what Germany Wanted. Complete control of the World:

Look at the North Koreans and how they have not Changed after a War. They still want to kill us and take us over, Iran the Same.

We will never get to the point of Setting around the Table drinking CoolAid with the Enemies of the People,

DENNIS - 5-11-2011 at 07:28 AM

Quote:
We will never get to the point of Setting around the Table drinking CoolAid with the Enemies of the People,

Well....that ruins my bucket list. :(

BajaDove - 5-11-2011 at 09:39 AM

I'm too old to worry about being killed. Maybe we can drink a little Cool Aid together and extend a little love to the enemy and make a few new friends.

Skeet/Loreto - 5-11-2011 at 10:43 AM

Oh ! Dove I am so sorry that you cannot extend a little Love to Osama Bin Ladin,

I feel sure that if you had been able to do just that it would have made the Cool-Aid taste Better!!

mtgoat666 - 5-11-2011 at 10:53 AM

Quote:

Do you actually believe the Muslims would not kill you , just because you are a Non=Believer??

It takes all Kinds.

skeet:
are you saying ALL muslims want to kill you? if you keep talking like that, perhaps they will!

BajaDove - 5-11-2011 at 10:54 AM

You're right about the hate being taught in the world today, but is that good reason to forget the love our creator, what ever we call him, put us here to spread? GGG's am I getting maudlin? I thought Skeet was the one who spread the word.

BajaDove - 5-11-2011 at 10:55 AM

You're right about the hate being taught in the world today, but is that good reason to forget the love our creator, what ever we call him, put us here to spread? GGG's am I getting maudlin? I thought Skeet was the one who spread the word.

Skeet/Loreto - 5-11-2011 at 11:41 AM

Dove: When you refer to the hate being taught today, look who is demonstrating it!

The new Young Liberal Generation!

Look at the way they use the media and the Hate words such as "Raceist" to get attention and spread more hate.

Look at the faces of the young Protesters on all of the media Shots. Talk about the look of Hate,
Where do you see Love today?? SEX!

those people that are trying to show their Love today do it in the Giving Programs in and around all groups of People in Need.

Fam as Sad as it is to say, I think GREED has replaced much of LOVE.

BajaDove - 5-11-2011 at 11:51 AM

We found a point of agreement. There is too much greed and too little love.
So greed is the villain no matter where it's found.
we should quote, though I don't remember who> "Love in general and Hate individually."

Skeet/Loreto - 5-11-2011 at 12:53 PM

Somedays I think about where my Great Generation went Wrong:

Allowing Women to work while they had Young Children at Home??

Allowing Teachers Unions and the NEA to take Control of the Schools.

Stopping the Spread of DOPE.

Not Controlling the Public Display of SEX.

Teaching that "If it Feels Good, Just do It.

Developing the "Keeping up with the Jones Attitude".

Not teaching the Younsters how to Fight>

Yes some of our Great Generation let the Youngsters slip through our Hands and become Diaperheads.

Cypress - 5-11-2011 at 12:59 PM

Quote:

Cypress - 5-11-2011 at 01:10 PM

Quote:

That came with the territory. You had to fight or be at the mercy of someone who would. Twas sweet to see the look in the eye of a bully when he knew he'd screw'd with the wrong kid.

A Family of Little Squirts ?

MrBillM - 5-11-2011 at 01:20 PM

"Squid are a member of the Mollusk family".

In a lucky coincidence, so is Skeet.

MitchMan - 5-11-2011 at 01:21 PM

Is it just me or has skeet changed? He seems to be more contemplative, mature, humanistic lately. Most of the stuff that I have noticed before recently has just been corn cobb pipe, hay seed arm chair beer guzzling right wing knee jerk simplistic predictably red necked diatribe. Didn't think that he could actually be for anything that I agree with. But, with regard to his last post above, I actually agree with most of what he wrote.

Is it me in that I read him wrong, or has he changed recently? I am not ususally wrong about such things.

ELINVESTIG8R - 5-11-2011 at 01:33 PM

Skeeter, no reflection on you but...

Wow....

djh - 5-11-2011 at 08:10 PM

Quote:
Somedays I think about where my Great Generation went Wrong:
Allowing Women to work while they had Young Children at Home??
Allowing Teachers Unions and the NEA to take Control of the Schools.
Stopping the Spread of DOPE.
Not Controlling the Public Display of SEX.
Teaching that "If it Feels Good, Just do It.
Developing the "Keeping up with the Jones Attitude".
Yes some of our Great Generation let the Youngsters slip through our Hands and become Diaperheads.

So . . . what gave / gives you or "your generation" the RIGHT to ALLOW women to work . . . ? Or to ALLOW any laborers to organize? And with many of your past comments about the "red house" outside of Loreto, you outta be the last to thump yer chest about "If it feels good, just do it."

Skeet, you just keep on spoutin' and paintin' a big red bull's as.... er I mean, bull's eye on yerself...

Guess you need the attention. :?:

entertaining, I gotta say . . . in a sick and twisted sorta way....

Skeet/Loreto - 5-12-2011 at 11:12 AM

dgh:

I should of posted "Men or Women as parents would have to choose which one stayed at Home.
I had in my mind the way it was at the time, the Man was the Bread Winner.
My thought were not of "Women Rights" at all.
I think that Women do a better Job at Home than a Man.

The "If it feels Good Do It" thin g goes toward the use of DOPE.
Public Display of SEX and going Nekid.

scouter - 12-31-2013 at 10:01 AM

this could and should of been a great thread to share some Baja experiences

WTF it always gets sideways around this place......

I really wish you all and happy , healthy new year .......

David K - 12-31-2013 at 10:05 AM

So, start a new one... this thread is 2 1/2 years old, after-all. Baja Trip Reports is the place to share your Baja trip experiences and a bit easier to find posts than here on the General Baja Discussion forum.
Happy New Year!