BajaNomad

Has anyone seen this girl around surfing areas?

Pages:  1  

shari - 9-20-2011 at 07:15 PM

OK Nomads....here is a new sleuth challenge for you in the surf areas or just baja sur in general.

Please help this girl's family find her...she was last seen in GN around a month ago and is most likely at some surf spot in Baja sur. She was in the company of her boyfriend and driving a big white Ford Club Wagon 1994 15 passeger van.

Please U2U me or call the numbers below if you have seen her....URGENT

TELEFONOS:
01 615 15-7-12-13. RESTAURANT LAS CAZUELAS
CELULAR:615-107-02-22 615 161-51-73 CON HERIBERTO GARCIA GONZALES

[Edited on 9-21-2011 by shari]

[Edited on 9-21-2011 by BajaNomad]

natasha_edited-5.jpg - 31kB

woody with a view - 9-20-2011 at 07:40 PM

not yet. call G&S.

what's the deal?

BooJumMan - 9-20-2011 at 07:48 PM

So I take it they haven't seen the boyfriend either?

Haven't heard from in a month? When did they go down, how long were they supposed to be gone for?

rts551 - 9-20-2011 at 08:02 PM

What state are the plates on the van? and why is the restaurant looking for them?

shari - 9-20-2011 at 09:35 PM

the owner of Las Cazuelas is in touch with the mom so Heric called me for help and I in turn am asking all you amazing Nomads to please help find Natasha...but if you do find her, please dont approach or say anything to her but contact Heric or U2U me por favor....

hint...there is some intrigue involved I cant divulge at this moment...thanks for understanding.

here is what they may be traveling in

image003-1.jpg - 39kB

Wow....

mcfez - 9-20-2011 at 10:35 PM

......Please help this girl's family find her.

No offense....but there is no indication why the family needs to find her...for her good....or bad(?).

This isnt right. Sorry.

SyntaxJO - 9-21-2011 at 07:21 AM

I think some 'divulgation' is due of you want people sneaking around and contacting people about her whereabouts behind her back. Why do you get to have all the fun, Shari???? Otherwise... it's none of our business. Just saayyyinnnn....

[Edited on 9-21-2011 by SyntaxJO]

gnukid - 9-21-2011 at 07:27 AM

She is probably in Abreojos, or El Canejo area.

It can't be hard to use a plane to search for the vehicle.

mtgoat666 - 9-21-2011 at 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by dtbushpilot
This smells bad to me shari. The girl is 21 and ran off with her boyfriend and maybe she doesn't want to be "found" or bothered by her family.....

i agree. how do we know the people searching are searching with good intentions?

the request for secrecy sounds like maybe searcher is stalking

gnukid - 9-21-2011 at 07:32 AM

People do have the right to leave family.

bajamigo - 9-21-2011 at 07:59 AM

The notion of divulging the whereabouts of an adult who obviously doesn't want to be found to a group of people who won't divulge their reasons for wanting to find her is meddlesome and dangerously thoughtless. "Sleuth challenge?" This isn't a game.

Sweetwater - 9-21-2011 at 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajamigo
The notion of divulging the whereabouts of an adult who obviously doesn't want to be found to a group of people who won't divulge their reasons for wanting to find her is meddlesome and dangerously thoughtless. "Sleuth challenge?" This isn't a game.

Echo this.......an adult is responsible to them self and for them self....and putting up this type of request/post without a validating reason is just plain wrong........IMHO!

norte - 9-21-2011 at 09:11 AM

What BS. If you are going to post someones DL with photo and data you had better have good reason and include that in your post. Mexico and the US have laws against this.

shari - 9-21-2011 at 09:40 AM

Hmmm....O....K....then. Hear me out...I was contacted by Heric about this "affair". As is my usual modus operendi, I consulted several friends about how to approach this and the consensus was not to divulge all the information first...but to just ask if anyone had seen this woman. The concern is that perhaps one of her friends may see the post and warn her that people are looking for her which will make it more difficult to find them.

I figured people would trust me enough to realize that something is amiss and she needs to be found asap...loose lips sink ships kind of situation. It is NOT just a case of her not wanting to be found...there are serious issues around her running away...which she did. She withdrew all the money out of her account from an Ensenada bank over a month ago and rented this van from Heric for 2 days and has not brought it back.
The family dont have the means to rent an airplane to look and the police sure as heck dont really look for stolen vehicles either. Heric knows about the Nomad police and sought our help recover his van and also help this girl as she may be in danger.

I was told that the boyfriend may be armed and violent so be careful if you find them...remember, that is just what I was told and am passing on this info in hopes of recovering Heric's van which he really needs. They surf which is why they may be camped on some surf spot and most likey switched license plates on the van and may be living in it..maybe they are on a remote beach or hiding out in a city...so keep your eyes peeled in the bars for this woman and this van....thanks nomads

norte - 9-21-2011 at 09:55 AM

armed and dangerous. wow. glad no one approached based on your original message... or did they?

DanO - 9-21-2011 at 10:57 AM

Am I missing something or are we being asked by a rental car company to bird dog a couple of car theft suspects (including one who is armed and dangerous), and because the family wants to keep the woman out of trouble (presumably she's not armed and dangerous but appears to lack serious judgment in the boyfriend department), they want us to do it instead of the cops? Last time I checked, there were only a couple of posters on this board with the qualifications for that sort of job, and they haven't offered an opinion yet. I'll wait.

shari - 9-21-2011 at 11:26 AM

no Dano...the family is not asking for that and it wasnt a rental car agency.

My dear amigo and owner of Las Cazuelas restaurant in GN has a soft heart and seeing as it isnt whale season, he rented her his passenger van for 2 days on Aug.15 and never saw it again. Heric is NOT a rich man and really needs his van back. He asked me for my help and in turn I am asking for YOUR help knowing there are many nomad eyes and ears in remote places, beaches, bars etc. Heric is a great guy with a big heart and does alot of favours for lots of folks so I want to help him get his van back...he knows that the police dont actively look for stolen vehicles.

all I am asking is that if you have seen her or the van to let me know so we can inform the authorities and they can deal with it...just a visual sighting report would be very helpful. I think this IS the kind of thing that Nomads can do....it was the mom that mentioned the boyfriend may have a gun but who knows...he is known to be violent though which is why they are of course worried about their daughter.

jbcoug - 9-21-2011 at 11:54 AM

Nobody is asking you to stop a bullet. If you happen to see the van, pass it on to Shari. Simple enough?

John

shari - 9-21-2011 at 12:03 PM

thanks John....sheesh...sorry if I didnt phrase the initial post exactly to some people's likings....I had just spent the night sleeping on the floor of the hospital and was pretty exhaused...another story...I was just about to post the "be on the lookout for" post when Ron & Cristina had thier emergency so I actually forgot about this request. Then Heric came to MY rescue in GN and I remembered he asked for my help. I just wasnt sure how to phrase this or how to present it. I hesitate to post that someone is armed and dangerous if I dont personally know that for a fact...I was just told this second hand...

I too believe in personal freedom and wouldnt get involved with just some parents wanting their errant daughter back....BUT there is more to this case than that. While I worry about the girl, I dont think I have met here although she sure looked familiar but I am wanting to help Heric get his van back.....soooooo like john said....just let me know if you happen to see the van or the girl....gracias

Curt63 - 9-21-2011 at 12:37 PM

If they're are on the run or don't want to be found, heading in to the area north of St Rosalillita makes more sense.

There is surf in there (some say). The Marron brothers know everything that happens in there.

They probably would have loaded up on supplies.

Wouldn't hurt to ask around in that town.

sancho - 9-21-2011 at 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajamigo
The notion of divulging the whereabouts of an adult who obviously doesn't want to be found to a group of people who won't divulge their reasons for wanting to find her is meddlesome and dangerously thoughtless.

I'm thinking 1 way , then bajamigo comes along with
perfectly worded post to change my opinion,
well said

Roberto - 9-21-2011 at 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jbcoug
Nobody is asking you to stop a bullet. If you happen to see the van, pass it on to Shari. Simple enough?

John

So this means you don't see the problems with this? It's just fine to respond to this type of request from someone on an Internet board, posting from behind a keyboard? And including private information from a drivers' license? Ever hear of privacy? Liability? And when people point out some of the issues the answer is Sheeesh? But, when you're in charge of mission control it must be ok.

[Edited on 9-21-2011 by Roberto]

norte - 9-21-2011 at 02:03 PM

I am not leaving my license with Asuncion. It may get misused. She has no idea what this woman may or may not have done. Only secondhand stuff from someone who had enough soft heart to charge the almighty buck for his van.

Rally around coopers. Geeze another good reason to stay home.

shari - 9-21-2011 at 02:04 PM

ummm...OK, so at the request of some nomads, I DID post why people are looking for her...I really dont get the meddlesome and dangerously thoughtless part.
Think about it.....say your good buddy had his vehicle stolen by a surfer....wouldnt YOU want to help get it back for him...got nothing to do with meddlesome. This lady is a wanted criminal both here and in the states....she stole a car NOB, then traded it....I just found out for a red Nissan Sentra in Guerrero Negro...then stole a van and took off. I doubt they are that dangerous although one never knows.

All I really care about alot is getting my buddies van back for him before whale season

shari - 9-21-2011 at 02:06 PM

norte....notice her license number and address is whited out and i hope you never get your vehicle stolen and ask me to help you find it.

norte - 9-21-2011 at 02:13 PM

This is making less sense all the tie. if she traded for a Nissan Sentra, why did she need the Van? Don't worry I won't be coming to uou for help. Sensationalism seldom solves anything.

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
ummm...OK, so at the request of some nomads, I DID post why people are looking for her...I really dont get the meddlesome and dangerously thoughtless part.
Think about it.....say your good buddy had his vehicle stolen by a surfer....wouldnt YOU want to help get it back for him...got nothing to do with meddlesome. This lady is a wanted criminal both here and in the states....she stole a car NOB, then traded it....I just found out for a red Nissan Sentra in Guerrero Negro...then stole a van and took off. I doubt they are that dangerous although one never knows.

All I really care about alot is getting my buddies van back for him before whale season

baja1943 - 9-21-2011 at 02:14 PM

Why does she have a Ensenada bank account, has she been living in Mexico? There is a PI named Manny Lopez in San Diego who specializes in missing persons in Mex. You say the parents have money, they should look him up.

[Edited on 9-21-2011 by baja1943]

shari - 9-21-2011 at 02:23 PM

Norte...WTF? sensationalism?? this is why I just wanted to ask if anyone had seen her so it wasnt sensational...it was your idea to get into the details.

I just found out that the original vehicle she stole in california, she traded for the red Sentra in GN...probably to get rid of the hot car....why she then needed a van...who knows...maybe to live in...maybe the boards wouldnt fit in the Sentra?

Heric rents his van to groups on occasion...what...you think he should just lend it to people?? sheesh.

she didnt have a mexican bank account...she just withdrew her all her money from a bank in Ensenada on her way south...all this stuff was just reported to me when I asked some questions.

comitan - 9-21-2011 at 02:25 PM

They live in Discovery Bay.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Puckdrop - 9-21-2011 at 02:53 PM

Hey Shari; I know that your intentions were all for the best, but might I suggest that in the future you only ask if any Nomads have see this Van. And nothing said about the occupants. Bottom line you are trying to help your friend re-cover his van. By bring up the drivers history will only get you responses you have already received. It's a great reading thread, but not the response your looking for. So everyone " has anyone seen this van ?" :saint:

Von - 9-21-2011 at 03:05 PM

Hey Shari we that know you well praise your good intentions F#$@$ the rest of the non bajanomads lol! These people that left to Baja and dont want to be found will eventually come about it always does maybe in a few months dont worry about people~

shari - 9-21-2011 at 03:14 PM

yeah puckdrop....i didnt want to hang out the laundry but thought that people may remember the woman more than the van...i put both photos on...but folks here insisted on knowing more before they would look for them...thanks for your suggestion though

Unfinished business

baja1943 - 9-21-2011 at 03:15 PM

Whatever happened to the red car with Oregon plates a few years back, in an arroyo outside of Asuncion with the keys in it. Someone suggested getting the VIN numbers off it and running a make. Is it still there, where was the follow through. It sounded like no one in Asuncion wanted to get involved.

shari - 9-21-2011 at 03:18 PM

cops took the car somewhere....the woman has not been found as far as I know.

mtgoat666 - 9-21-2011 at 03:30 PM

Quote:

I just found out that the original vehicle she stole in california, she traded for the red Sentra in GN...probably to get rid of the hot car....why she then needed a van...who knows...maybe to live in...maybe the boards wouldnt fit in the Sentra?

she didnt have a mexican bank account...she just withdrew her all her money from a bank in Ensenada on her way south...all this stuff was just reported to me when I asked some questions.

from 3rd and 4th hand info, sounds like the missing gal is having an exciting road trip, but also a road trip that is spiraling out of control! there is nothing quite like youthful impulsive behavior... hope it's not true or doesn't end badly!

Mulegena - 9-21-2011 at 03:30 PM

Quote:
yeah puckdrop....i didnt want to hang out the laundry but thought that people may remember the woman more than the van...i put both photos on...but folks here insisted on knowing more before they would look for them...thanks for your suggestion though
...and how many of us are actually down in Baja Nor or Sur to keep a look out?

Shari, I know you and know that you're savvy to Baja and to life in general.
You'd not have posted if there weren't something "up", something significant.

To fill in with the whole story was the good thing to do, absolutely, changes everything, imo.

Suggest the owner of the stolen van contact the ferry operators in Sta. Rosalia and La Paz with this information, police in both jurisdictions as well as car dealerships in those cities and a few hoteliers.

Thanks for being willing to step up once again for a friend in trouble.

Wishing him good luck with this.

Oso - 9-21-2011 at 04:10 PM

Quote:
Hmmm....O....K....then. Hear me out...I was contacted by Heric about this "affair". As is my usual modus operendi, I consulted several friends about how to approach this and the consensus was not to divulge all the information first...but to just ask if anyone had seen this woman. The concern is that perhaps one of her friends may see the post and warn her that people are looking for her which will make it more difficult to find them.

I figured people would trust me enough to realize that something is amiss and she needs to be found asap...loose lips sink ships kind of situation. It is NOT just a case of her not wanting to be found...there are serious issues around her running away...which she did. She withdrew all the money out of her account from an Ensenada bank over a month ago and rented this van from Heric for 2 days and has not brought it back.
The family dont have the means to rent an airplane to look and the police sure as heck dont really look for stolen vehicles either. Heric knows about the Nomad police and sought our help recover his van and also help this girl as she may be in danger.

I was told that the boyfriend may be armed and violent so be careful if you find them...remember, that is just what I was told and am passing on this info in hopes of recovering Heric's van which he really needs. They surf which is why they may be camped on some surf spot and most likey switched license plates on the van and may be living in it..maybe they are on a remote beach or hiding out in a city...so keep your eyes peeled in the bars for this woman and this van....thanks nomads

"NOMAD POLICE"? If we actually have such, include me outta here.

Oddjob - 9-21-2011 at 04:13 PM

The way this thread was started was very irresponsible. If more of the information hadn't been extracted by sensible nomads it could have put innocent dogooders into harms way all over a $1,000 old van.

DENNIS - 9-21-2011 at 04:29 PM

I think we all should delete our posts and start over again. This is rediculous.

chrisx - 9-21-2011 at 04:59 PM

vigilantes hung the wrong person 40% of the time.
they were always trying to help their neighbors.

+1 for deleting this thread

Woooosh - 9-21-2011 at 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gnukid

:lol::lol:

DENNIS - 9-21-2011 at 05:55 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Single parents everywhere will thank you for your adherence to rights, Gnu. I'm sure they will understand the absence of responsibility.

surfdoc - 9-21-2011 at 06:23 PM

Wow...........you all need either to spend more time on a beach in Baja.........

Or talk with a psychologist and gets some drugs for your problems......

Man this post went from left field to the Outer Limits fast !!!

gnukid - 9-21-2011 at 08:51 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:

Single parents everywhere will thank you for your adherence to rights, Gnu. I'm sure they will understand the absence of responsibility.

Dennis, Perhaps one should consider that in family relationships, there are many possible outcomes, one is that people do have the right to leave, to give up responsibility, to legally say no more, one does not have the requirement to maintain a residence or connection.

I only say this because its something I hadn't considered, though I do study the law and sociology. In the USA parents can legally drop off their kids at the firestation and give up the kids. Parents also can walk away from each other legally. Child also have recourse to declare independence. There are many options which are legal and reasonable options besides the alternatives which are to remain in a situation which is severely problematic.

I did not know that it was legal to leave your family until I became a volunteer at the parental stress hotline.

Oddjob - 9-21-2011 at 09:02 PM

The issue is that Shari started a thread that led everyone who read it to believe that a young American girl was missing. Later she divulged that it was a stolen van from someone that she knows in GN. The van owner supposedly had rented it to her and she never returned it, so he enlisted Shari to help with recovering it through Shari's internet connections. The more questions that some had, the more the story changed. Be careful.

shari - 9-21-2011 at 09:29 PM

the story has not changed at all but more info has been added at the request of people I'm not entirely sure of their motives....nor entirely sure that all the info needs to be posted as it is 3rd hand.

I was initially advised not to divulge all the information in the beginning for concerns about someone alerting the woman that people were looking for her....which by the way was against my first intuition....I was just going to post the WANTED poster I was sent....which has her driver's license on it. I was asked to hide her address and dr.license number which I did.

a young girl is missing, she stole a car to run away, she and her boyfriend drove to baja, drained her bank account, traded the hot car for a red Sentra then rented a van..the van wasnt returned so there is a warrant out for her. I am trying to help my friend and would do the same for other friends in the same situation.

I am not trying to hide anything...just trying to help find the van and maybe help a very very worried mother find her daughter.

maybe we should start this whole thing over again...i wish I hadnt listened to my advisors and just posted what I was going to post from the beginning...sheesh.....like Natasha's case...things went terribly wrong somewhere.

Cypress - 9-22-2011 at 05:03 AM

A young woman has problems, legal and personal. She could be in a dangerous situation? Where is she? What's the big fuss about trying to locate her?:?:

CaboRon - 9-22-2011 at 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Oddjob
The issue is that Shari started a thread that led everyone who read it to believe that a young American girl was missing. Later she divulged that it was a stolen van from someone that she knows in GN. The van owner supposedly had rented it to her and she never returned it, so he enlisted Shari to help with recovering it through Shari's internet connections. The more questions that some had, the more the story changed. Be careful.

Leave her alone

wessongroup - 9-22-2011 at 05:43 AM

boy sure glad is was Shari... and not me... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

step up and get the ____________ it's part of the deal...

I keep leaving my family until 16 when they told me GO !!! :biggrin::biggrin:

[Edited on 9-22-2011 by wessongroup]

DENNIS - 9-22-2011 at 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by CaboRon
Leave her alone

It's that time of the year when the board thrives on drama and everybody is still wound tight from the Ron and Cris ordeal.

Settle down, folks. Sit back with a sack of cold ones and relax. If someone has an off moment and mis-speaks [according to you] it doesn't call for a blood-bath.

SALUD

woody with a view - 9-22-2011 at 05:47 AM

and surf season is just around the corner, oh my.....:lol:

DENNIS - 9-22-2011 at 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
and surf season is just around the corner, oh my.....:lol:

SALUD to that too. :biggrin:

gnukid - 9-22-2011 at 05:49 AM

Doesn't every surfer chick steal a few cars to go surfing in mexico at least once in their life?

DENNIS - 9-22-2011 at 05:53 AM

Quote:
Doesn't every surfer chick steal a few cars to go surfing in mexico at least once in their life?

Not quite. Normally they rent them from AVIS and never return them.

Ya know.....if you gathered up all the rented, unreturned U-HAUL vehicles down here, you could fill a WalMart parking lot.

ELINVESTIG8R - 9-22-2011 at 05:56 AM

It appears that this Natasha E. Middleton may have used someone else’s identity to obtain that driver’s license. There is a person by that same name living in the same town with two dates of birth. One says she is 48 and the other that she is 21. A little bird told me. Thanks little bird!

shari - 9-22-2011 at 07:48 AM

Gnukid....do you have a daughter? I wonder if it was your good pals van he uses for his business if you wouldnt ask for help finding it?

by the way, I was joking about the Nomad police....it's just that... well... most of us realize that the police here lack the skill and will to solve crimes and with such a large nomad population that cover alot of the peninsula, there is a chance that someone has seen this woman and/or the van....or am I just bashing my head against the wall here?

what if it was your daughter?

tripledigitken - 9-22-2011 at 07:57 AM

The fact the man is armed and violent should indicate the course of action, particularly on the heels of the Ron and Cristina incident.

shari - 9-22-2011 at 07:58 AM

MAY be armed...but is known to be violent...

rts551 - 9-22-2011 at 07:59 AM

Thanks David. You mean some poor lady;s identity MAY be trashed here? Keep up the good work.

Quote:
Originally posted by ELINVESTIG8R
It appears that this Natasha E. Middleton may have used someone else’s identity to obtain that driver’s license. There is a person by that same name living in the same town with two dates of birth. One says she is 48 and the other that she is 21. A little bird told me. Thanks little bird!

vandenberg - 9-22-2011 at 08:30 AM

I think I saw her at "The Wedding":?::?::biggrin:

greengoes - 9-22-2011 at 08:46 AM

With all the flak flying here and my ADHD preventing me from going thru reading of all the posts

Was the license plate number ever posted? The van had one in the picture, BN design?

Hope Heric gets it back, a bit estúpido on his part to rent it out. Busy season just ended, he probably didn't need the dinero.

[Edited on 9-22-2011 by greengoes]

Woooosh - 9-22-2011 at 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by greengoes
With all the flak flying here and my ADHD preventing me from going thru reading of all the posts

Was the license plate number ever posted? The van had one in the picture, BN design?

Hope Heric gets it back, a bit estúpido on his part to rent it out. Busy season just ended, he probably didn't need the dinero.

[Edited on 9-22-2011 by greengoes]

I don't think the busy season is what it used to be.

shari - 9-22-2011 at 09:07 AM

Heric is a trusting guy and rents his van out regularly and never had a problem. He thinks the plates have been changed but here is the plate # anyway
080-547 B

jodiego - 9-22-2011 at 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by surfdoc
Wow...........you all need either to spend more time on a beach in Baja.........

Or talk with a psychologist and gets some drugs for your problems......

Man this post went from left field to the Outer Limits fast !!!

What else is new???:no:

Question

desertcpl - 9-22-2011 at 10:47 AM

would this couple be able to take the ferry to the main land with out proof of owner ship and insurance

also would they be able to drive to Belize with out proof

[Edited on 9-22-2011 by desertcpl]

DENNIS - 9-22-2011 at 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by desertcpl
would this couple be able to take the ferry to the main land with out proof of owner ship and insurance

They would have to get a car permit. Don't think that's possible without proving you own the vehicle.

mulegemichael - 9-22-2011 at 12:21 PM

probably stuck out on malarimmo beach looking for glass balls.

Bajatripper - 9-22-2011 at 07:20 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by desertcpl

They would have to get a car permit. Don't think that's possible without proving you own the vehicle.

Since the van's already registered in Mexico, I don't think they'd need a permit to get on a ferry. But they do ask for proof of ownership before issuing a ticket for a vehicle (never been asked for proof of insurance when boarding a ferry), so that would likely keep the van on the peninsula, unless they drove up and around.

DENNIS - 9-22-2011 at 07:26 PM

Insurance isn't required in Mexico.
Baja plates arn't for national travel.
Unless the vehicle has National plates, "up an around" won't work either, Steve.

slimshady - 9-25-2011 at 03:54 PM

When she is found, have her arrested with her crooked boyfriend.

Bajatripper - 9-26-2011 at 01:03 PM

Quote:
Baja plates arn't for national travel.
Unless the vehicle has National plates, "up an around" won't work either, Steve.

Right you are, Dennis. And I knew that just a sure as I can see the sticker on the front windshield we never turned in from the last trip to the interior we took my wife's car on. Another brainfart.

durrelllrobert - 9-26-2011 at 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ELINVESTIG8R

Finally an expert chimes in with an interesting fact.
If the entire McStay family, that has been missing in Baja for 2 years now, can't be found why would anyone expect that a girl using a false ID and driving a "solen" van could be?

Mexitron - 9-26-2011 at 01:47 PM

shari, your request doesn't sound out of line, and, if anything, if someone sees the van they'll know to stay away from them.

Phil S - 9-28-2011 at 11:09 AM

Shari. God bless you for who you are. Don't let this crap change one little hair on your head. As I read your request, were I living in the area, I would have respected what you were doing, and knowing you, know that your trustworthy, intelligent and not some dumbo that some of your "fellow"??? Nomads must think you are based on what I've read so far?? God. I can't believe where this went. Simple request. "anyone seen this van"? Duuuhhhh.???????????????????????????????????????????

shari - 9-28-2011 at 11:25 AM

thanks phil, mexitron etc...i sure was surprised at the flack I got for trying to do a good deed. I am in contact with natasha's father as well now and he just wants to find his daughter to know that she is still alive.

To all of you who U2U'd me privately, thanks so much for keeping your eye out for Natasha and the van.

mulegejim - 9-28-2011 at 12:59 PM

Quote:
thanks phil, mexitron etc...i sure was surprised at the flack I got for trying to do a good deed. I am in contact with natasha's father as well now and he just wants to find his daughter to know that she is still alive.

To all of you who U2U'd me privately, thanks so much for keeping your eye out for Natasha and the van.

Shari, just remember the old saying - "No good deed goes unpunished". Jim

pappy - 9-28-2011 at 01:14 PM

if i was on the run and wanted to surf too i would probably head north of GN. if i just wanted to hide, i'd head inland. it's good word got out about these 2-especially the violent boyfriend. may save some others from haveing a terrible run in with these two out along the trail...

Phil S - 9-28-2011 at 08:03 PM

Could they get this van back "into" the U.S. without any problem????

Ford - 9-30-2011 at 10:05 PM

Assume good will and intent.....

torch - 10-4-2011 at 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Phil S
Shari. God bless you for who you are. Don't let this crap change one little hair on your head. As I read your request, were I living in the area, I would have respected what you were doing, and knowing you, know that your trustworthy, intelligent and not some dumbo that some of your "fellow"??? Nomads must think you are based on what I've read so far?? God. I can't believe where this went. Simple request. "anyone seen this van"? Duuuhhhh.???????????????????????????????????????????

ditto - I can't believe the crap you have gotten by trying to help someone get their van back.:?::?::?::?::?:

BooJumMan - 10-5-2011 at 05:58 PM

I think a lot of people on this board tend to drink a few tequila's and cervezas before posting... ;)

DENNIS - 10-5-2011 at 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BooJumMan
I think a lot of people on this board tend to drink a few tequila's and cervezas before posting... ;)

Doesn't everybody?? :biggrin:

motoged - 10-5-2011 at 08:10 PM

And they end up sounding like this guy:

http://www.wimp.com/goatsound/

EmeraldDawn - 10-5-2011 at 08:26 PM

I think a lot of folks take grumpy pills before posting.

status of romantic, wild road trip?

mtgoat666 - 10-6-2011 at 04:19 PM

...seems like a lot of time has passed w/o news...

Who has an update on the adventures of Bonnie & Clyde???
Have the star-cross'd lovers been seen?
Are the Capulets still looking for their daughter?
Did the owner find his stolen van? And if so, was it intact?
Is the end of this story happy or sad?

:?::?::?::?::?::?:

shari - 10-6-2011 at 05:54 PM

status report

.....yes

nobody
nope
yup
nope
no end in sight

BajaWarrior - 10-6-2011 at 07:45 PM

Quote:
status report

.....yes

nobody
nope
yup
nope
no end in sight

oh your good...

Barry A. - 10-6-2011 at 08:13 PM

Quote:
status report

.....yes

nobody
nope
yup
nope
no end in sight

Now THAT is a truly wonderful and concise report. I love it!!!! :biggrin:

Barry

Oh that is a classic!!!

estebanis - 10-6-2011 at 09:42 PM

Quote:
status report

.....yes

nobody
nope
yup
nope
no end in sight

Woooosh - 10-11-2011 at 06:57 PM

Quote:
OK Nomads....here is a new sleuth challenge for you in the surf areas or just baja sur in general.

Please help this girl's family find her...she was last seen in GN around a month ago and is most likely at some surf spot in Baja sur. She was in the company of her boyfriend and driving a big white Ford Club Wagon 1994 15 passeger van.

Please U2U me or call the numbers below if you have seen her....URGENT

TELEFONOS:
01 615 15-7-12-13. RESTAURANT LAS CAZUELAS
CELULAR:615-107-02-22 615 161-51-73 CON HERIBERTO GARCIA GONZALES

[Edited on 9-21-2011 by BajaNomad]

Is this girl close enough?

[Edited on 10-12-2011 by Woooosh]

mtgoat666 - 10-11-2011 at 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Woooosh

close enough for government work!

[Edited on 10-12-2011 by mtgoat666]

Woooosh - 10-12-2011 at 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
Quote:

close enough for government work!

[Edited on 10-12-2011 by mtgoat666]

Hey Shari! Check to see if they had the van.

mtgoat666 - 10-12-2011 at 10:22 AM

They look so similar, perhaps shari was looking for the california girl not knowing it was a false ID of a cartel killer?

the silence(lack?) of people looking for california girl makes me think it was stolen ID used by nasty girl.

sanquintinsince73 - 10-12-2011 at 10:27 AM

Thank God nobody approached these people.

Woooosh - 10-12-2011 at 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by sanquintinsince73

Not that a nomad didn't try to put people in harms way... before backpedaling. Looking for their daughter? geeesh. I hope she learns from this not to spin a situation to get participation when she was putting them in danger- even for looking. Very serious danger apparently. Many expats feel compelled to be busybodies but I do not know why.

Oddjob - 10-12-2011 at 11:10 AM

Quote:
Quote:

Not that a nomad didn't try to put people in harms way... before backpedaling. Looking for their daughter? geeesh. I hope she learns from this not to spin a situation to get participation when she was putting them in danger- even for looking. Very serious danger apparently. Many expats feel compelled to be busybodies but I do not know why.

Sheesh.

Woooosh - 10-12-2011 at 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Oddjob
Quote:
Quote:

Not that a nomad didn't try to put people in harms way... before backpedaling. Looking for their daughter? geeesh. I hope she learns from this not to spin a situation to get participation when she was putting them in danger- even for looking. Very serious danger apparently. Many expats feel compelled to be busybodies but I do not know why. Ok I know why- they care about their businesses more than the safety of their friends and customers. I get less thrilled with my fellow nomads with every event.

Sheesh.

Cypress - 10-12-2011 at 11:17 AM

Killed four people? Must have been one of those days? What's the penalty for murder in Mexico now, 90 days with time off for good behavior? Killing four people has to be on a par with having a couple of overdue library books.:O

Roberto - 10-12-2011 at 01:50 PM

Hmmmm the resemblance IS uncanny, but I don't think it could be the same girl. Didn't Shari say she was in contact with the parents or something?

Woooosh - 10-12-2011 at 02:04 PM

Same age, nose, ears, hair and chin, but she can't be a narco who killed four people because a nomad in mission control was trying to help us find her for her parents...
 Pages:  1