Martyman - 10-6-2011 at 03:14 PM

Is that a habilut?

bajamigo - 10-6-2011 at 03:21 PM

Is it that well-done on purpose?

JESSE - 10-6-2011 at 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajamigo
Is it that well-done on purpose?

Its not well done, its very juicy inside.

Tbone - 10-6-2011 at 03:28 PM

Looks great. Trigger?

DENNIS - 10-6-2011 at 03:37 PM

Burnt Lemon Meringue Pie. YUMMY

sanquintinsince73 - 10-6-2011 at 03:39 PM

Is that the broom that they used to tar the asphalt with???

http://youtu.be/QXPDQUSL2aw

[Edited on 10-6-2011 by sanquintinsince73]

EmeraldDawn - 10-6-2011 at 04:11 PM

It isn't as spectacular looking, but here is what I just etted today. The fun thing here is that when you ask for leche for your coffee they bring you an opened can of leche evaporada. Also when I asked if they had a menu, la mesera said "si" and came back in a few minutes with a list of gordita fillings hand written on the back of a flyer. So cute!

[Edited on 10-6-2011 by EmeraldDawn]

sanquintinsince73 - 10-6-2011 at 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by EmeraldDawn
It isn't as spectacular looking, but here is what I just etted today. The fun thing here is that when you ask for leche for your coffee they bring you an opened can of leche evaporada. Also when I asked if they had a menu, la mesera said "si" and came back in a few minutes with a list of gordita fillings hand written on the back of a flyer. So cute!

Where might that be?

EmeraldDawn - 10-6-2011 at 04:20 PM

It's here - Gorditas "El Tio" in Rosarito. Until recently they were set back from the street in a sort of alleyway, but now they have built a new frontage and share the premises with an accessory shop, so you can look at pretty stage-jewellery while you eat. I think it is the cutest!

Actually our table in the previous shot is what you can see right through that window.

bajajudy - 10-6-2011 at 04:30 PM

Jesse
I just want a little bite!
yum

BFS - 10-6-2011 at 05:35 PM

you asked...

[Edited on 10-7-2011 by BFS]

IMG_1745.JPG - 48kB

EmeraldDawn - 10-6-2011 at 05:49 PM

MMmm! Nutties. Emeralds like nutties!

BajaGringo - 10-6-2011 at 06:00 PM

My diet has been pretty boring...

Pompano - 10-6-2011 at 06:03 PM

Mine, too, Baja Gringo.

I'm in a rut.....

......maybe more like a trench?.

[Edited on 10-10-2011 by BajaNomad]

A Bud

BornFisher - 10-6-2011 at 06:31 PM

Bud time right now.

tn_Sanford_Budweiser_Can_2007 (1).jpg - 40kB

JESSE - 10-6-2011 at 06:33 PM

Quote:

So whats in that gordita??:P

EmeraldDawn - 10-6-2011 at 07:14 PM

That particular one was chicharron, but the ones we had today were papas y queso and picadillo.

They also do rayas y queso, pollo y crema and bisteck which I think is tongue. I don't think I'll try that.

Though I have to admit that having pork rinds soggy didn't sound too appealing in theory but it worked out really rather nice, I thought.

Also, where I come from they have a belief that whenever you eat something new you can have a wish. So I am getting lots of wishes!

bajamedic - 10-6-2011 at 09:20 PM

Is this one of those "I'll show you mine if you show me yours" kind of thing? JH

[Edited on 10-7-2011 by bajamedic]

David K - 10-6-2011 at 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaGringo

A lot of things can be made to fit through a straw!:light::biggrin:

Woooosh - 10-6-2011 at 09:25 PM

Quote:

you gotta be dropping pounds though. Don't throw the wires away. ;)

Currently having a toasted English muffin...but earlier...

Pompano - 10-7-2011 at 06:49 AM

BajaGringo - 10-7-2011 at 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
A lot of things can be made to fit through a straw!:light::biggrin:

Trust me - we are pushing the limits of that one on a daily basis! :lol:

Quote:
Originally posted by Woooosh
you gotta be dropping pounds though. Don't throw the wires away. ;)

True - but a helluva way to lose weight. ;D

I want what Roger's eating...

Martyman - 10-7-2011 at 09:52 AM

So great to see you posting again Baja Gringo!

DENNIS - 10-7-2011 at 10:22 AM

Quote:
Trust me - we are pushing the limits of that one on a daily basis! :lol:

You may have been in a coma when I posted this first, but I was in the hospital with a guy who was wired shut and he would have cheeseburger cravings, so they would liquify one in a front-line blender, and he would take them through a big, glass straw. They actually tasted the same as the intact model and he was a happy patient.

Skipjack Joe - 10-7-2011 at 12:22 PM

Nacho Cheese Doritos

eating.jpg - 47kB

JESSE - 10-7-2011 at 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skipjack Joe
Nacho Cheese Doritos

:lol:

angels4 - 10-7-2011 at 01:19 PM

El Patio BBQ Ribs straight from good Ol' Chicago:yes:

BBQ_Ribs.JPG - 48kB

BajaGringo - 10-7-2011 at 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
You may have been in a coma when I posted this first, but I was in the hospital with a guy who was wired shut and he would have cheeseburger cravings, so they would liquify one in a front-line blender, and he would take them through a big, glass straw. They actually tasted the same as the intact model and he was a happy patient.

Yeah, we have pretty much tested the limits of that technique. The problem is with having a cheeseburger liquified means that you have to either reduce it down with water, milk, juice or beef/chicken base. I am having fun with all the possible combinations though.

Quote:
Originally posted by Pompano
Atta boy, Ron....you ARE getting better! Welcome back to the living.

We are getting better Roger and it does feel good to back among the living. I remember when I first came to and realizing where I was / the seriousness of my condition that I moved all my fingers and wiggled all my toes. My head hurt like hell but I figured I was already ahead of the game - my head is where they could inflict the least amount of damage.

You know how hard headed we old Germans are...

:lol::lol::lol:

wessongroup - 10-7-2011 at 01:52 PM

Guess Woolgrowers in out of the question... but, hey .... there's always something liquid... hear they have some pretty good bars in Bakersfield still.... maybe ya could add something... in a few days or so, no rush .... :):)

really great shot skipjack :lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 10-7-2011 by wessongroup]

EmeraldDawn - 10-7-2011 at 01:59 PM

I wasn't around to know you before, Ron, but I have been praying for you and Cristina and I am really happy to see you are around here again.

Keep getting better.

JESSE - 10-7-2011 at 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by angels4
El Patio BBQ Ribs straight from good Ol' Chicago:yes:

So, guessing by how green your backyard looks like, we can't just show up with some beers uh?

JESSE - 10-7-2011 at 02:54 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS

Yeah, we have pretty much tested the limits of that technique. The problem is with having a cheeseburger liquified means that you have to either reduce it down with water, milk, juice or beef/chicken base. I am having fun with all the possible combinations though.

Quote:
Originally posted by Pompano
Atta boy, Ron....you ARE getting better! Welcome back to the living.

We are getting better Roger and it does feel good to back among the living. I remember when I first came to and realizing where I was / the seriousness of my condition that I moved all my fingers and wiggled all my toes. My head hurt like hell but I figured I was already ahead of the game - my head is where they could inflict the least amount of damage.

You know how hard headed we old Germans are...

:lol::lol::lol:

:lol:

DENNIS - 10-7-2011 at 03:46 PM

Quote:

I wasn't around to know you before, Ron,

Really??? Gee whiz.....I would guess different.

oooo welll........... WadaIknow.

EmeraldDawn - 10-7-2011 at 03:53 PM

I registered here two years ago, but I wasn't around long and kind of forgot about it, so I haven't really been here before recently - I don't think I posted until a few days ago.

DENNIS - 10-7-2011 at 03:59 PM

What do you really think?

mulegemichael - 10-7-2011 at 04:17 PM

what am i missing, denny?

EmeraldDawn - 10-7-2011 at 04:31 PM

Hmm? Well to explicate further - if explicate is the word I'm looking for - back in '09 I was in Europe and had never been to Mexico, or indeed further west on this funny globe of yours than East Texas. Baja was really just a notion to me at that point, among a few other notions.

I think my intention in signing up was to ask a few practical questions, but being of a singularly unpractical turn of mind. I couldn't think of any to ask. I really do find the world of practicalities completely nonplussing. That's why I tend to wear shoes without laces.

So, as I say, I rather forgot about y'all Nomads - not that you are forgettable; quite the contrary in fact - but I was going through a difficult period in my life and a lot was going on.

Now I am living in Baja and I stumbled on these forums again. I couldn't actually remember my name and password, but luckily my browser has a better memory than I (in fact I am not sure my toaster hasn't a better memory than I).

So there you are. The history of my association with these hallowed forums to date.

Timo1 - 10-7-2011 at 07:31 PM

Who keeps the screen expanded.....Kinda ruins the thread.

EmeraldDawn - 10-7-2011 at 07:58 PM

I think it is the wide pictures that stretch the screen.

KASHEYDOG - 10-8-2011 at 09:09 AM

Quote:

Why do you have to limit yourself to water, milk, juice or beef/chicken base ..:?:..:?: I can see you're obviously not fully recovered, Ron. Where's that old creativity?? What's wrong with a TECATE beer reduction recipe. Hey, sounds good to me..Cheese burger and a beer??? Only seems natural. Would you like a side of "paradise" with that order... :lol:..:lol:..:lol:

[Edited on 10-8-11 by KASHEYDOG]

David K - 10-8-2011 at 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Timo1
Who keeps the screen expanded.....Kinda ruins the thread.

As Emerald Dawn stated... a photo posted here that is over 800 pixels wide will stretch the screen and require sidways scrolling.

I know Roger is trying, but when you upload from your PC files to Photobucket... remember to click 'Customize your upload options' (link in blue at bottom of pop up you get when you click 'upload now')

Then pick 640 x 480 (I recommend) for a large, but not full frame image here. I only use 800 x 600 for maps or satellite imgaes usually for max. detail viewing.

Click SAVE... then upload your photos to Photobucket... Use the 'IMG' code and paste that link right here with your text/ captions... You can post several photos but I think no more than a dozen per post is wise.

Here is the same image at different sizes, up to 800:

160 pixels wide

320 pixels

640 pixels

800 pixels

The standard Photobucket upload size is over 1000 pixels wide, that is why you need to pre-select a smaller size before uploading photos that you want to share here or on other forums that don't automatically resize images.

BajaGringo - 10-8-2011 at 10:06 AM

I wish I could blend it with something else (like a cadillac margarita for example) but the meds they have me on right now and booze simply do not mix...

:(

Ateo - 10-8-2011 at 10:31 AM

A big fat omelette, but my dumb ass still can't figure out how to post a pic link from Facebook.

[Edited on 10-8-2011 by ateo]

bajabass - 10-8-2011 at 12:06 PM

My wife and her sister are cooking up the dorado I brought home on Tuesday! Fresh fish tacos, homemade salsa and guacamole!!!!:biggrin:

For Lunch Today

Gypsy Jan - 10-8-2011 at 01:49 PM

For hubby's lunch, I split and broiled some Chorizos Argentina, added some Queso Monterrey to melt and served with Heinz Sweet Pickle relish on whole grain bread with broccoli on the side.

For dessert, the revered (on this board) Mexican Magnum Almendras ice cream bar.

Sorry, no pics, it got eaten too quickly, but, thanks to Pompano, Nomads know what a Magnum ice cream bar looks like. (Hint: Guilty Pleasure) :yes:

KASHEYDOG - 10-8-2011 at 02:08 PM

Well OK, if you must know...:mad:.. I'm at work and the closest thing we could get to Mexican food was " El Pollo Loco "...:rolleyes:..:yawn:..

Udo - 10-8-2011 at 02:16 PM

I was under the impression that one was to POST a photo of what one is eating?:?:

BajaGringo - 10-8-2011 at 02:22 PM

[Edited on 10-8-2011 by BajaGringo]

Bob H - 10-8-2011 at 02:23 PM

Smoked Pork Ribs over Applewood smoke!!!

[Edited on 10-8-2011 by Bob H]

Udo - 10-8-2011 at 02:32 PM

NOW this post has become mouthwatering!

bajamedic - 10-8-2011 at 02:40 PM

I am thinking that Bob H just won... well at least in my books. JH:P

Udo - 10-8-2011 at 02:43 PM

Here is what I just finished making and we are ready to eat:

Cooked at 650 degrees, about 6 minutes.

Presentation before cooking

[Edited on 10-8-2011 by Udo]

Kalypso - 10-8-2011 at 03:03 PM

Udo, is that a Big Green Egg? Pizza on the grill is soooo good and yours looks spectacular.

Bob H., in what part of San Diego do you live...I'll be right over :biggrin:

David K - 10-8-2011 at 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kalypso
Udo, is that a Big Green Egg? Pizza on the grill is soooo good and yours looks spectacular.

I know where Bob lives and I am hungry!!!:lol:
(hey Bob, I bought lunch last!)

DianaT - 10-8-2011 at 03:12 PM

For this to be posted right after Ron's soup should be considered cruel and unusual punishment! :biggrin:

Dang those ribs look good-----one can almost smell them cooking through the computer.

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob H
Smoked Pork Ribs over Applewood smoke!!!

[Edited on 10-8-2011 by Bob H]

Udo - 10-8-2011 at 03:34 PM

Yes, DK, it is a LARGE Big Green Egg. I added the cart so I can have some working room.
Sometime in the next month I'll order a stoker kit
http://www.biggreeneggsperience.com/Stoker.html

The EGG has replaced a BBQ, a gas BBQ, a smoker, an oven, plus a brick pizza oven!
I initially was going to purchase a small electric pizza oven, but this jewel does a much better job. I am still experimenting with pre-heat temperatures. The pizza dough is right on-the-money with Caputo 00 flour...perfect bread-to-crust ratio. I dropped off two pies to bajabound 2005 about 6 weeks ago, and they really loved it.
And, yes, I am bringing the Egg to Baja.

Quote:
Quote:

KASHEYDOG - 10-8-2011 at 05:41 PM

OK HONEY I'M HOME FOR DINNER...........:bounce:..:yes:..:bounce:...Where's my rib eye ??

[Edited on 10-9-11 by KASHEYDOG]

STEAK FOR NOMADS 2.JPG - 40kB

EmeraldDawn - 10-8-2011 at 06:06 PM

I am not eating anything at this exact moment, but what I did eat a short time ago was a big cotton-candy flavored ice cream. I took a picture but the focus didn't seem too good so I won't inflict it on you - which is sad because it was REALLY livid pink and blue. You'd have loved it!

However what we found and will be eating soon are ghostly espejos (also a squash, but we won't be eating that quite so soon):

Well, what I say is, it's sometimes a bit scary having no grown-ups around but it does mean you can eat LOTS of sweets and not have to worry about "real food".

Though I've got to say those ribs and that pizza look mighty good. We have some cheese empenadas.

willyAirstream - 10-8-2011 at 06:26 PM

I meant to do photos Before, I ate it, but that didn't happen.

Bob H - 10-9-2011 at 12:01 AM

Quote:
Quote:

I'll have to make another batch David! Dang, they were good!!!
..... burp

ELINVESTIG8R - 10-9-2011 at 08:50 AM

8:50 AM OCTOBER 9, 2011...BROWN RICE WITH SAUSAGE TURKEY CRUMBLES!

I'M POOR!

Bob H - 10-9-2011 at 08:54 PM

Great thread!

Skipjack Joe - 10-9-2011 at 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DianaT

Dang those ribs look good-----one can almost smell them through the computer.

That's about the only thing Steve Jobs didn't do.

JESSE - 10-9-2011 at 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ELINVESTIG8R

I'M POOR!

Thats NOT right, you got to stop by so i can feed you properly.:lol:

EmeraldDawn - 10-10-2011 at 06:51 PM

It is Miss Serena's birthday!

Paula - 10-10-2011 at 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ELINVESTIG8R

I'M POOR!

Actually doesn't look bad. Just work on the presentation a little:dudette:

Breakfast

SFandH - 10-11-2011 at 07:27 AM

Apples, plums, avocado, sunflower seeds, raisins, carrot juice, and coffee.

Breakfast1.jpg - 44kB

EmeraldDawn - 10-12-2011 at 01:09 PM

If you want some, you'll find it here, in Rosarito:

Cypress - 10-12-2011 at 01:39 PM

EmeraldDawn, Oh Yea!! Sushi yes! Ceviche no!:biggrin:

sanquintinsince73 - 10-12-2011 at 02:11 PM

Quote:

If you want some, you'll find it here, in Rosarito:

Haven't had sushi in Mexico in about a month of Sundays. I use to frequent a place in Otay where these little canoes would cruise by the sushi bar and you just grab what you want. The price depends on the color of the plate(s) you grabbed.

EmeraldDawn - 10-12-2011 at 02:58 PM

That's what they do in Japan too - the sushi goes around on a circular conveyor belt with all kinds of sushi on color-coded plates. The color of the plate denotes the price. Such FUN!

EmeraldDawn - 10-12-2011 at 03:25 PM

Actually there used to be a Pokemon mini-game about conveyor-belt sushi years ago. It was called Sushi-go-round and Lickitungs (a long-tongued Pokemon) competed to catch sushi from a circular conveyor belt.

The idea was to rack up as big a check as possible. Sadly the plates weren't color-coded as with real conveyor-belt sushi and you had to memorize which were the most costly items.

I used to love that game!

[Edited on 10-12-2011 by EmeraldDawn]

Borsche

Skipjack Joe - 10-13-2011 at 09:56 PM

borsche.jpg - 48kB

sanquintinsince73 - 10-13-2011 at 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skipjack Joe

I've never had it, always wanted to try it, and DAMN that looks good!!!

TheColoradoDude - 10-14-2011 at 01:17 AM

Tengo hambre!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sanquintinsince73 - 10-14-2011 at 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by TheColoradoDude

Tengo hambre!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loved those as a kid growing up in ELA. My dad worked for many years at the Swift Packing plant in Vernon. He would bring a few jars every now and then...yup they were in jars. I hope we never have a natural disaster because part of my emergency food supply is 5 cases of those.

theshacklapaz - 10-14-2011 at 08:11 AM

Coconut Shrimp @ The Shack in La Paz!

Nice pic...lets see some more

akmaxx - 10-21-2011 at 07:42 PM

Pompano - 10-22-2011 at 08:48 PM

Today I stopped in Gardiner, just outside of the north entrance to Yellowstone Park, and ate some delicious kielbasa stew and yummy garlic toasted bread to dunk.

Just the thing for a cool autumn day.

Turns out the owner and chef (far right) is a Mexico fan, too...although he goes to the other side...Yucatan y Cozumel. I bragged on Baja and he's coming to check it out.

That meal was very, very good...and a wonderful atmosphere!