BajaNomad

Bahia de Los Angeles - Recent Fish Report?

bajajurel - 1-16-2012 at 05:35 PM

Does anyone have a recent report for Bahia de Los Angeles? I have a friend headed down on Wednesday and I am trying to help him out.

24baja - 1-16-2012 at 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajajurel
Does anyone have a recent report for Bahia de Los Angeles? I have a friend headed down on Wednesday and I am trying to help him out.

All I have heard is it has been fairly nice weather and good fishin, no particular info given on fish speicies or size. Happy Fishing and safe journeys.

airmech - 1-17-2012 at 08:22 AM

I was just down there this weekend and heard that a 34lb and 40lb yellowtail were caught but not alot of them.

David K - 1-17-2012 at 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by airmech
I was just down there this weekend and heard that a 34lb and 40lb yellowtail were caught but not alot of them.

Boy am I confused???: BajaNomad posted this over a year ago and there have been no postings from airmech until today...

=========================================

posted on 8-30-2010 at 05:00 PM

Nomad passing: Brian Gallagher, Murrieta (username: airmech)

Sad news. Received today via email:
---

Brian Lee Gallagher 54, of Murrieta, CA passed away on August 25, 2010. Born on August 24, 1956 he enjoyed a life of flying airplanes, riding motorcycles, restoring cars and traveling to Baja. He was the business owner of Airmech, Inc and Pacific Crest Aviation at French Valley Airport. After graduating high school at Fallbrook High he went on to receive his bachelor’s degree at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. He was a loving husband and father of two. Surviving are wife Jamie Gallagher; son Aaron Gallagher; daughter Bonnie Gallagher; father Jack Gallagher and sisters Linda Sweikar and Maureen Stewart.

A service will be held at Rancho Community Church in Temecula on Tuesday Aug 31st at 6pm

http://www.ranchocommunity.org/about/location/

There will be a reception/gathering at the Airmech main hangar at French Valley (F70) around 730pm, if you can bring a lawn chair, other hangar folks will be bringing some extras, also bring your favorite beverage and story about Brian!

mtgoat666 - 1-17-2012 at 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Quote:

Boy am I confused???: BajaNomad posted this over a year ago and there have been no postings from airmech until today...

=========================================

posted on 8-30-2010 at 05:00 PM

Nomad passing: Brian Gallagher, Murrieta (username: airmech)

Sad news. Received today via email:
---

Brian Lee Gallagher 54, of Murrieta, CA passed away on August 25, 2010. Born on August 24, 1956 he enjoyed a life of flying airplanes, riding motorcycles, restoring cars and traveling to Baja. He was the business owner of Airmech, Inc and Pacific Crest Aviation at French Valley Airport. After graduating high school at Fallbrook High he went on to receive his bachelor’s degree at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. He was a loving husband and father of two. Surviving are wife Jamie Gallagher; son Aaron Gallagher; daughter Bonnie Gallagher; father Jack Gallagher and sisters Linda Sweikar and Maureen Stewart.

A service will be held at Rancho Community Church in Temecula on Tuesday Aug 31st at 6pm

http://www.ranchocommunity.org/about/location/

There will be a reception/gathering at the Airmech main hangar at French Valley (F70) around 730pm, if you can bring a lawn chair, other hangar folks will be bringing some extras, also bring your favorite beverage and story about Brian!

perhaps this board is haunted :o:o:o:o:o

David K - 1-17-2012 at 12:27 PM

Yah, maybe something good about Gallagher blood (I am 50% Gallagher)?

24baja - 1-17-2012 at 02:21 PM

Maybe just reminding us that as we move on to the next life, we can still be in contact with those we care about.

haunting

airmech - 1-17-2012 at 02:21 PM

Yeah,
I'm Brians wife. We shared the same avatar and login when we flew down together all time so since I'm still flying the same plane I didn't feel the need to change it. Its been a long year and a half but it felt really good to get to bay of la again. It was like he was with me the whole time.
jamie

24baja - 1-17-2012 at 02:28 PM

Quote:
Yeah,
I'm Brians wife. We shared the same avatar and login when we flew down together all time so since I'm still flying the same plane I didn't feel the need to change it. Its been a long year and a half but it felt really good to get to bay of la again. It was like he was with me the whole time.
jamie

Well Jaime, no disrespect meant by my comment, glad you are able to travel back to LA Bay again, and I am truely sorry for your loss. I hope that he will continue to fly with you and guide you as need be. I would love to be in the bay fishing right now, hear its been great. Someday maybe we will meet there. Connie

airmech - 1-17-2012 at 03:06 PM

No disrespect taken. All is good. I'm ready to return to Baja
jamie

David K - 1-17-2012 at 03:13 PM

Quote:
No disrespect taken. All is good. I'm ready to return to Baja
jamie

Welcome back to Baja Nomad and back to Baja... a place as close to heaven as I can imagine on earth!

bkbend - 1-18-2012 at 05:38 PM

Yes, on the nice days there are yellowtail to be had, those who chase them aren't going as far as usual. I've been catching bass and halibut for the dinner table close to shore.

24baja - 1-18-2012 at 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bkbend
Yes, on the nice days there are yellowtail to be had, those who chase them aren't going as far as usual. I've been catching bass and halibut for the dinner table close to shore.

Nothing better than fresh caught right before dinner bay bass or halibut sauted in garlic butter......don't need nuthin else!

Hook - 1-18-2012 at 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bkbend

Shore beats yellowtail, in my book!!!

Roberto - 1-20-2012 at 09:53 PM

Let me guess - south bay?

baitcast - 1-21-2012 at 06:41 AM

Luv shore,sand,warm water and bare feet,this time of year is good time for halibut and they are in very close no need for boats.
Rob
From Gecko to Rincon especially at the estro is good for halibut this time of year and most any time,that section is friendly to fisherman. a good friend hooked up there.

[Edited on 1-21-2012 by baitcast]

[Edited on 1-21-2012 by baitcast]

BajaBlanca - 1-21-2012 at 07:23 AM

Happy flying Jamie !!

Santiago - 1-21-2012 at 09:12 AM

Jamie; did you fly down? If so, where did you land? I'm at Gecko and just don't hear/see private planes anymore.

4baja - 1-23-2012 at 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Santiago
Jamie; did you fly down? If so, where did you land? I'm at Gecko and just don't hear/see private planes anymore.
jim i was there were were you? we left sunday.

Santiago - 1-23-2012 at 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 4baja
Quote:
Originally posted by Santiago
jim i was there were were you? we left sunday.

Sorry Steve,
I meant I have a place there - I'm still stuck in NorCal for a few more weeks. You get any yellowtail?

wessongroup - 1-23-2012 at 09:08 PM

Nice touch .... thanks for the memory :):)

Martyman - 1-24-2012 at 02:36 PM

Yeah Steve;
You get any yellowtail?

4baja - 1-25-2012 at 06:38 PM

yea we killed them, go to bloodydecks to baja report. my post is back from the pond with pics.