BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Bahia de Los Angeles - Recent Fish Report?
bajajurel
Nomad

Mood: Fishing for fun

[*] posted on 1-16-2012 at 05:35 PM
Bahia de Los Angeles - Recent Fish Report?

Does anyone have a recent report for Bahia de Los Angeles? I have a friend headed down on Wednesday and I am trying to help him out.

bajajurel
24baja
Senior Nomad

Mood: Wishing we were in BOLA

[*] posted on 1-16-2012 at 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajajurel
Does anyone have a recent report for Bahia de Los Angeles? I have a friend headed down on Wednesday and I am trying to help him out.

All I have heard is it has been fairly nice weather and good fishin, no particular info given on fish speicies or size. Happy Fishing and safe journeys.
airmech
Nomad

Mood: Expeditionary

[*] posted on 1-17-2012 at 08:22 AM

I was just down there this weekend and heard that a 34lb and 40lb yellowtail were caught but not alot of them.

Both optimists and pessimists contribute to the society. The optimist invents the aeroplane, the pessimist the parachute.

— George Bernard Shaw
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-17-2012 at 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by airmech
I was just down there this weekend and heard that a 34lb and 40lb yellowtail were caught but not alot of them.

Boy am I confused???: BajaNomad posted this over a year ago and there have been no postings from airmech until today...

=========================================

posted on 8-30-2010 at 05:00 PM

Nomad passing: Brian Gallagher, Murrieta (username: airmech)

Sad news. Received today via email:
---

Brian Lee Gallagher 54, of Murrieta, CA passed away on August 25, 2010. Born on August 24, 1956 he enjoyed a life of flying airplanes, riding motorcycles, restoring cars and traveling to Baja. He was the business owner of Airmech, Inc and Pacific Crest Aviation at French Valley Airport. After graduating high school at Fallbrook High he went on to receive his bachelor’s degree at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. He was a loving husband and father of two. Surviving are wife Jamie Gallagher; son Aaron Gallagher; daughter Bonnie Gallagher; father Jack Gallagher and sisters Linda Sweikar and Maureen Stewart.

A service will be held at Rancho Community Church in Temecula on Tuesday Aug 31st at 6pm

http://www.ranchocommunity.org/about/location/

There will be a reception/gathering at the Airmech main hangar at French Valley (F70) around 730pm, if you can bring a lawn chair, other hangar folks will be bringing some extras, also bring your favorite beverage and story about Brian!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 1-17-2012 at 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Quote:

Boy am I confused???: BajaNomad posted this over a year ago and there have been no postings from airmech until today...

=========================================

posted on 8-30-2010 at 05:00 PM

Nomad passing: Brian Gallagher, Murrieta (username: airmech)

Sad news. Received today via email:
---

Brian Lee Gallagher 54, of Murrieta, CA passed away on August 25, 2010. Born on August 24, 1956 he enjoyed a life of flying airplanes, riding motorcycles, restoring cars and traveling to Baja. He was the business owner of Airmech, Inc and Pacific Crest Aviation at French Valley Airport. After graduating high school at Fallbrook High he went on to receive his bachelor’s degree at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. He was a loving husband and father of two. Surviving are wife Jamie Gallagher; son Aaron Gallagher; daughter Bonnie Gallagher; father Jack Gallagher and sisters Linda Sweikar and Maureen Stewart.

A service will be held at Rancho Community Church in Temecula on Tuesday Aug 31st at 6pm

http://www.ranchocommunity.org/about/location/

There will be a reception/gathering at the Airmech main hangar at French Valley (F70) around 730pm, if you can bring a lawn chair, other hangar folks will be bringing some extras, also bring your favorite beverage and story about Brian!

perhaps this board is haunted :o:o:o:o:o
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2012 at 12:27 PM

Yah, maybe something good about Gallagher blood (I am 50% Gallagher)?

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

24baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2012 at 02:21 PM

Maybe just reminding us that as we move on to the next life, we can still be in contact with those we care about.
airmech
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2012 at 02:21 PM
haunting

Yeah,
I'm Brians wife. We shared the same avatar and login when we flew down together all time so since I'm still flying the same plane I didn't feel the need to change it. Its been a long year and a half but it felt really good to get to bay of la again. It was like he was with me the whole time.
jamie

Both optimists and pessimists contribute to the society. The optimist invents the aeroplane, the pessimist the parachute.

— George Bernard Shaw
24baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2012 at 02:28 PM

Quote:
Yeah,
I'm Brians wife. We shared the same avatar and login when we flew down together all time so since I'm still flying the same plane I didn't feel the need to change it. Its been a long year and a half but it felt really good to get to bay of la again. It was like he was with me the whole time.
jamie

Well Jaime, no disrespect meant by my comment, glad you are able to travel back to LA Bay again, and I am truely sorry for your loss. I hope that he will continue to fly with you and guide you as need be. I would love to be in the bay fishing right now, hear its been great. Someday maybe we will meet there. Connie
airmech
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2012 at 03:06 PM

No disrespect taken. All is good. I'm ready to return to Baja
jamie

— George Bernard Shaw
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2012 at 03:13 PM

Quote:
No disrespect taken. All is good. I'm ready to return to Baja
jamie

Welcome back to Baja Nomad and back to Baja... a place as close to heaven as I can imagine on earth!

bkbend
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-18-2012 at 05:38 PM

Yes, on the nice days there are yellowtail to be had, those who chase them aren't going as far as usual. I've been catching bass and halibut for the dinner table close to shore.
24baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-18-2012 at 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bkbend
Yes, on the nice days there are yellowtail to be had, those who chase them aren't going as far as usual. I've been catching bass and halibut for the dinner table close to shore.

Nothing better than fresh caught right before dinner bay bass or halibut sauted in garlic butter......don't need nuthin else!
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 1-18-2012 at 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bkbend

Shore beats yellowtail, in my book!!!

Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 1-20-2012 at 09:53 PM

Let me guess - south bay?
baitcast
Super Nomad

Mood: good

[*] posted on 1-21-2012 at 06:41 AM

Luv shore,sand,warm water and bare feet,this time of year is good time for halibut and they are in very close no need for boats.
Rob
From Gecko to Rincon especially at the estro is good for halibut this time of year and most any time,that section is friendly to fisherman. a good friend hooked up there.

[Edited on 1-21-2012 by baitcast]

[Edited on 1-21-2012 by baitcast]

Anyone can catch fish in a boat but only \"El Pescador Grande\" can get them from the beach.

I hope when my time comes the old man will let me bring my rod and the water will be warm and clear.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2012 at 07:23 AM

Happy flying Jamie !!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Santiago
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2012 at 09:12 AM

Jamie; did you fly down? If so, where did you land? I'm at Gecko and just don't hear/see private planes anymore.
4baja
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-23-2012 at 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Santiago
Jamie; did you fly down? If so, where did you land? I'm at Gecko and just don't hear/see private planes anymore.
jim i was there were were you? we left sunday.
Santiago
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-23-2012 at 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 4baja
Quote:
Originally posted by Santiago
jim i was there were were you? we left sunday.

Sorry Steve,
I meant I have a place there - I'm still stuck in NorCal for a few more weeks. You get any yellowtail?
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.