BajaNomad

Bad news checkpoint south of EL Rosario

Anonymous - 10-18-2004 at 08:27 PM

Firday I was headed north from Loreto with Ann O'Neil (84 years old, 30 year BCS resident, author of the History of Loreto) when we were pulled over at a Federale check point south of El Rosario. Two men in desert-camo (and not the drab green of all the others at the checkpoint) came at us with ATTITUDES! One waved a tarantula on a stick in our open windor (poor tarantula) to intimidate us. My 13-year-old Australian Shepard went nuts, barking, at which point these two men began screaming at us "GET OUT, GET OUT!!" I told Ann to stay put, while I leashed the dog and got out from beind the wheel. These guys were obviously on SOMETHING! The one on my side then said in no uncertain terms he was going to slit my dog's throat. He then demanded I open the back of the truck camper and he proceeded to rip apart my very well-equipped 4-drawer first-aid cabinet. Nothing else. In the meantime, Ann politely explained to the other guy if he wanted her out, he would have to lift her, since she was 84. In our collective 50 years of living in Baja California Sur, never have either of us been so assaulted! We were glad when they turned their attention to the next vehicle as we got our of there as fast as we could. These guys could easily kill someone! They werre on some other planet! Kirk Connally

Mexitron - 10-18-2004 at 09:29 PM

We were just thru there about ten days ago with no problem...wonder if Bajacactus knows the upshot?

FrankO - 10-18-2004 at 10:13 PM

We rolled thru that same checkpoint about 3 in the morning southbound one time and the guys gave us super heebie jeebies. They were listening to M&M and seemed to me that they were tweaking. Not that I'd know anything about that being in the fire svc. for almost 20 years. Kids and guns.

Mexitron - 10-19-2004 at 06:49 AM

That's ironic if true.....and worrisome. Wonder if our government, who subsidizes those checkpoints, would be interested.....

David K - 10-19-2004 at 07:04 AM

Do you think they were 'disposing' of some confiscated materials?

In the words of Jeff Spicolli, "Hey dude, let's party"

Bob and Susan - 10-19-2004 at 07:06 AM

I was there friday morning...
All OK ALL Business
no problems....
bob:yes:

Taco de Baja - 10-19-2004 at 08:35 AM

They were as nice as could be when we came through before noon several weeks ago. Gave all the guys cold sodas. They kept us there a while though as there was no traffic and they were probably bored.

I've been through their new location

jrbaja - 10-19-2004 at 08:42 AM

you are referring to on numerous occasions. I have never seen anything like what you are describing unless provoked by an arrogant attitude.
Doesn't seem like you guys would have had one !
Most unusual indeed and should be investigated if they are using drugs as suggested.

wilderone - 10-19-2004 at 09:55 AM

I think that experience should be reported to as many entities as possible - hopefully will curtail any further behavior of that type. Really weird.

I recommend for the future

jrbaja - 10-19-2004 at 10:42 AM

if this happens to anyone else, no matter where or which agency, you get their names and badge numbers if applicable.
Also, time, date, and location are extremely important.

[Edited on 10/19/2004 by jrbaja]

JESSE - 10-19-2004 at 12:58 PM

I would love to know who runs that checkpoint, since only the military and immigration have the authority ( by law) to stop and search vehicles, these guys are definately not military and if they are out there doing that stuff, need to be reported to the proper authorities.

If anybody has more info, please come forward so we can place a nice complaint with the federal attorney general office.

They're military Jesse

jrbaja - 10-19-2004 at 01:16 PM

They just moved their checkpoint a little further south. And it is becoming more common to see both styles of uniforms at the revisions although in the south, the grey ones seem to be more popular.

JESSE - 10-19-2004 at 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jrbaja
They just moved their checkpoint a little further south. And it is becoming more common to see both styles of uniforms at the revisions although in the south, the grey ones seem to be more popular.

Very well, you can file a complaint directly with the defense secretary:

http://tramilnet.sedena.gob.mx/portal/quejas/quejas01.php

If anybody needs help, let me know.

David K - 10-19-2004 at 06:25 PM

Anybody have that cool article posted by David Eidell (years ago, on Amigos) that descibes all the brances of uniformed people in Mexico, their uniforms, including what they drive? If I find it, I will post... It was written by Carl of People's Guide fame, I think...?

jide - 10-20-2004 at 10:40 AM

At this checkpoint yesterday, my brother did not have the presence of mind to keep his digital camera on him when they "searched" the car and when we stopped in San Quentin, no camera to be found.... so beware!!!!!

Jide

jrbaja - 10-20-2004 at 11:02 AM

coming from you, it's a little more believable than anonymous postings. This is serious and needs to be stopped.
According to Jesse, something can be done about it and I recommend doing so.
Date, time, make of camera, and any other pertinent info. needs to be disclosed and I'm pretty sure something will be done about it.
Also, check real good in the car again.

Visitors Guide to Mexican Police (I found it)

David K - 10-20-2004 at 11:08 AM

This was sent to me some time ago, originally posted on the Amigos board by David Eidell. The email was originally from Carlos Barragan. Jide, I know you personally and thus know this theft to be a fact. I will post this guide seperately as well...
------------------------------------------------------
A Visitor's Guide To M?xican Police

Ej?rcito M?xicano (M?xican Army)

The army has been charged with civil protection, fish and game patrols (land and fresh water), conservation and fire fighting duties. Regional regiments are commanded by One-Star General officers. Subsidiaries of the regiment are called "Batallons" (Battalions). Officers and enlisted men are stationed a minimum of one thousand miles from their home to avoid collusion and conflicts of interest. Army personnel are usually dressed in camouflage uniforms. They transport with Mercedes deuce and a half trucks and patrol in American General manufactured Hum Vee vehicles. Belgian FN. 7.62 mm. automatic rifles are the mainstay of the troop armament. Browning .30 caliber M6A1 machine guns are used to arm sandbag reinforced positions monitoring rural roads in narcotics transport areas. The army cannot prosecute civilians directly. Suspects are remanded to federal or state police custody for further processing.

Armada M?xicano (M?xican Navy)

Navy duties are similar to those of the army. Naval patrols also assist ships and boats in distress. Fifteen hundred ton Frigates are the mainstays of the blue water fleet while multiple (outboard) engines open craft patrol shorelines and estuaries. The former is equipped with 3" 50 cal. Naval cannon, Browning M2A1 .50 cal. machine guns and hand weapons. The later uses Browning .30 caliber air-cooled machine guns. Naval personnel dress in dark blue uniforms. The Armada is saddled with the responsibility of fish and game enforcement. M?xican land transport vehicles are similar to those that the army uses except they are light gray in color.

Polic?a Judic?al Federal (PJF)

Thirty one regional command?nte officers each supervise a minimum of six Capit?ns who in turn supervise a minimum of sixty subordinates. A cadre of "home office" command?nte officers is at the disposal of the Command?nte Primer, who is based in M?xico City. The Command?nte Primer is directly under the Secret?ria de Gobernacion, an appointed cabinet minister. The Secretaria de Gobernacion is generally regarded as the second most powerful position in Mexican government (right after the president). The federal police are charged with enforcing M?xico's most serious criminal laws including "Gr?nde Del?tos Feder?les" which is the same as "Federal Felonies" (murder, drugs, bank robbery).

Federal police officers prefer two modes of dress? all black for operations and similar to prosperous Texas cattle ranchers (cowboy boots and all). Armament consists of Browning Automatic Rifles, UZI 5.56 mm. machine guns, Ingram MAC 10, 9 mm. machine pistols, and heavily decorated Colt 45 caliber handguns. Command?nte and Capit?n officers prefer to drive new Chevrolet Suburbans with heavily tinted windows. Rank and file Feder?les sometimes drive confiscated automobiles without bothering to remove U.S. license plates. Federale task forces cruise the roads in battered station wagons and pickup trucks.

Official identification consists of a badge and photo Identification card. When flipped open the silver badge will occupy the right flap. The badge is in the form of a shield with the inscription: POLIC?A FEDERAL. Above the inscription is a nine-digit badge number. The photo ID has the officers mug in the lower right corner. The officer's name, district, and badge number is printed on the bulk of the card. Shadowed in, in large Arial background print are the words "POLIC?A LA REP?BLICA". In a working crew of eight police officers only one will have an identification badge and photo ID.

M?xican Secret Service

The official title of appointed field agents is: Sub Deleg?do Federal Para Investigacion Nacion?l y Seguridad de la Rep?blica. Formerly called the Federal Security Directorate (DFS). Agent's responsibilities include spying on opposition political parties, infiltrating, and counter-subversion of dissident political factions, and labor union groups. Security officers normal dress is prosperous businessmen's attire. Their armament consists of weapons similar to those of the Federal Police. Their badge is a shield with the motto "Seguridad Nacion?l". Secret Service agents prefer new Dodge Cirrus (unmarked) sedans, with a radio antenna on the roof. M?xican secret service agents are at the whim of each 6-year federal administration. Many manage to stay on from term-to-term. The Secretaria de Gobernacion is the Federal administrative head of field agents.

Polic?a Federal de Caminos y Puentes

Federal Highway Patrol. Tired four-cylinder Dodge Aries and Mustang patrol cars are being replaced with the much more popular full-size Ford 8-cylinder sedans. Patrol cars are black and white, with a red and blue strobe lamp overhead light bar. Uniforms consist of brown pants and a khaki shirt. Usually armed with a 9-mm automatic.

Polic?a de Hacienda

Treasury cops. Blue and silver Dodge Ram pickups and Dodge Cirrus sedans. Blue and red overhead light bar. Dark blue pants with light blue shirt. Treasury cops intercept smuggled merchandice and arrest the participants. They are usually found near M?xico's international, borders and shipping ports. Armed with 9-mm automatics and shotguns.

Polic?a del Est?dal (PJE)

State police officers. Plain-clothed. Armed with every conceivable type of weapon. Envious of the prestige of the more elite PJF. Identification consists of a photo ID and a star or shield badge depending on the state. State cops love to cruise around in new Dodge Ram pickup trucks occasionally with six heavily armed officers perched on the bed rails. Armament takes the form of a 9-mm. or .38 caliber sidearm.

Trans?tos

Traffic cops are usually attired in brown garb and they drive regulation patrol automobiles with overhead light bars, and police identification markings on the door. Their armament consists of a revolver or semi-automatic handgun. Uniforms are usually light brown (Transitos are referred to as "tamarindos").

Ejid?ros

A ragtag assortment of civilians that are members of an Ejido. Their powers are limited and they are considered little more than an ill-trained and equipped rural police auxiliary. Transportation is via anything with wheels, usually with a Kojak bubble gum light on the roof. Many Ejideros have firearms but most cannot afford ammunition.

Note:

It is a serious violation of federal law for a plain-clothed officer to refuse to show proper identification when asked to do so.

report it

Bruce R Leech - 10-20-2004 at 01:18 PM

if this hapens to any body report it Please.

Bruce in Mulege Baja

JESSE - 10-20-2004 at 01:23 PM

I posted the link on the "file a complaint" section on the Mexican Defense secretary website.

El Rosario...

BajaCactus - 10-20-2004 at 05:11 PM

What happened to you guys cannot passed without notice... you must file a complaint so they punished whoever is responsible... and most importantly.... get those mililary guys out of there...

I will be in El Rosario in the next few days....

I will do my best effort to get the names of the ones in duty when you passed thru there, so you may file a direct complaint....

I will also try to get the name of the commandant in charge during those days.

Please help me giving more info like the exact date, time of day you passed thru, etc., and any other description you believe important.

[Edited on 10-21-2004 by BajaCactus]

jide - 10-20-2004 at 05:43 PM

Thanks Bajacactus,
I never think about taking the names of the soldiers down, since I had never had any problems at military checkpoints before. I would really appreciate if you could find out the names. We went through around 11am if this helps.
Thanks again

Jide...

BajaCactus - 10-20-2004 at 05:50 PM

So, you passed thru there on october 19th at around 11:00 am.....am I correct?

jide - 10-21-2004 at 12:57 AM

yes, that's right

Our specific El Rosario date/time/info

Anonymous - 10-21-2004 at 08:03 AM

Ann O'Neil and I had this experience at approximately 4:00 PM on October 14--a week ago today. These two men appeared to be in charge, based on both their different light-camo uniforms and aggressive manner, and the fact that the others all stood back and away, watching but not interfering. The one who made the dog-throat slitting threat (driver's side) was about 5'5" and 160 pounds. He had more extreme features --angular. Another hint they were in charge is the fact that when the man who was trying to get Ann out of the car was diverted by the next car (after she wouldn't get out without his help), one of the soldiers who had been standing back in solid uniform, came forward and almost whispered to her that she did'nt have to get out. He seemed embarrassed and didn't want the "whackos" to hear him tell her this. I have emailed Ann and asked her for any further details she can provide, and I thank all of you for your interest in this. Kirk Connally [PS: I am posting using the anonymous feature because it is faster and easier. My 2 attempts to register failed. As an aside, I am a part time resident of Loreto, and have driven this r/t route 3 times a year since 1989. Ann O'neil's reputation speaks for itself.]

wilderone - 10-21-2004 at 08:41 AM

Memorize:
Dejemame ver tu gafete.

David K - 10-21-2004 at 11:42 PM

Here's Ann O'Neil with her books at Viva Baja #3... just over 2 years ago.

jide - 10-28-2004 at 02:07 PM

BajaCactus, have you been able to get the name of those soldiers?
thanks

Kirk Connally!

David K - 10-28-2004 at 03:33 PM

Please contact Antonio via email: info*at*bajacactus.com (change *at* to @) regarding your ordeal at the checkpoint. I already was able to get jide and Antonio connected via phone today, as I have jide's phone # and Antonio needs to speak with you, too. If you register here at Nomad, then I could use the U2U service.

Antonio knows and has an appointment with the comandante in charge of those soldiers. Let's just say, he isn't happy! They need details...

Antonio phoned me today from Tijuana, upon his return from El Rosario, he will be on the computer tonight.

Need to contact you...!!!

BajaCactus - 10-28-2004 at 08:41 PM

Hi Kirk and Jide...:D

I am sorry I took so long to post this info, but I have been extremely busy with the opening of our new 12 rooms....

About your sour experiences... I feel very bad about this situations, in fact, I would like to offer you an apology for the behaviour of some of our soldiers...

Now.... I went a little bit further in these matters.... I printed out what you have posted here and, yesterday, I personally took some copies to....

1.- Liutenant Coronel of Infantery Carlos Hern?ndez Ram?rez, 2nd in Command of the 67th Batallion of Infantery... and personally responsible for the military checkpoints south of San Quint?n.

He was very concerned about these incidents and asked me to reply to you some apologies and his personal promise to investigate this matter. This was yesterday afternoon (Oct. 27th about 2:00 pm).

Today, Oct 28th at 1:00 pm, I received a phone call from him... from El Rosario....he went there specifically to interview his soldiers... it seems he is really putting in some heart to clear this issues.

He asked me to contact you and ask for some more specifics... like type of vehicle you were driving, color and more importantly... the position, as precise as possible, of the military chekpoint.... it seems they move them continuosly and he needs to know how far south of El Rosario was this.

He explained to me that they have all those activities perfectly logged... so, with this info, he will be able to resolve this matter faster.

Please contact me at info@bajacactus.com to send me this info.

2.- I also met with the Director of the Tourims Departament of Ensenada and explained the situation... he listened with much atention.. and he promised to send those complaints to the appropiate departaments of the Mexican Government. He also asked me to extend all of you an open invitation to visit his office for whatever problems and/or help you may need while in Baja... anytime.

They are located in

Centro de Gobierno
Blvd. L?zaro C?rdenas No. 1477
Ensenada, B.C.
Ph. (646) 172-3022 / Fax: (646) 172-3081

3.- Finally, I also let some printouts with the President of the Association of Hotels and Motels of Baja California.... they also have plenty of contacts with many Organization, like the Chamber of Commerce, Chamber of Tourism... and some others which may be able to help.

Kirk Conelly and Jide.... please send me all the info the Liutenant Coronel is asking ASAP, so he may be able to act and correct these situations.

Thank you guys... we will see what comes out of all this. If you believe there is something else we could do, let me know.

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

[Edited on 10-29-2004 by BajaCactus]

Muchas gracias Antonio

jrbaja - 10-28-2004 at 08:57 PM

Don't know if any of you are aware but Antonio's plate is already pretty full to be doing these kind of things.
For the future, anyone who is having problems with soldiers, police, anybody, take notes, have them ready, and then make a complaint on here or to the authorities. Pretty simple actually.
These bad guys will be dealt with and not by being sent to a useless jail. They will be humiliated, punished and more than likely will learn a lesson to not do it again.
The u.s. system of justice could certainly learn from a system that works. These "crooks" will learn a valuable lesson from this and so will their friends.
I bet they will be the talk of every revision for quite some time.:lol:
And you will either get your camera back or be compensated if you can prove the accusations.

Try this with the P-nche u.s.border patrol!!:O

jide - 10-29-2004 at 04:56 PM

Antonio, I just emailed you the requested info.
Thank you again for taking the time to investigate!

Camera details....

BajaCactus - 11-5-2004 at 05:19 PM

Hi Jide...

I got your e-mail and gave it to the ones in charge...

They called me yesterday and asked me if you could give us your camera details... brand, model.. etc..

It seems they have advanced a lot in their investigation and they now need that info.

Please let me know.

jide - 11-5-2004 at 06:47 PM

It was a Fujifilm brand/ Finepix model digital camera, with a silver sliding lense cover, hope this helps....

Jide,

jrbaja - 11-5-2004 at 07:04 PM

They will probably want the model of finepix. Mine's a S602 but there are a few different models.
This makes me wonder if they happen to have a whole collection of them that they have to look through to find yours.:lol:

jrbaja - 11-5-2004 at 09:20 PM

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Camera model...

BajaCactus - 11-5-2004 at 10:22 PM

Jide...

JR is right.... they will need the model....

And Grover... you are also right... I will post all the details on this after I send the requested info on the camera to the Liutenant Coronel in L?zaro C?rdenas... they are taking this matter very seriously and professionally...

:D

And the soldiers name was...

El Camote - 11-5-2004 at 11:33 PM

Major Pen en Diaz!
:o:lol:

Bajaboy - 11-6-2004 at 08:52 AM

I rolled through this checkpoint a few weeks ago at 10pm. While I did not get the best vibes, we had no problems. But, I also got the feeling that the checkpoint was set-up that evening or a temporary one. I don't know just seemed strange that evening.

But, with regards to the dogs, I had a friend who stopped at a checkpoint with his dogs in the back of his truck cab. He said the dogs weren't mean but to be careful to the soldiers. One of the soldiers was nipped on the finger before my friend could let the dogs out.

The soldiers said the dog's throat had to be slit and killed to test for rabies. They were dead serious about this. Well, my friend couldn't go home without the dogs. He offered money, other valuables, anything he could think of without any luck.

The matter got very tense when the soldier tapped a knife on my friend's chest indicating that he was very serious about the matter. Other soldiers started to approach with fingers on the triggers of their guns. Well, my friend was finally able to leave with the dogs.

At first when I heard the story, I was horrified. But then, we both talked further about dogs and their relative importance in different societies. The US is one of only a few countries that I can think of that admires dogs the way we do. From what I can determine from my travels and friends in Mexico, a dog is primarily used for security. The soldiers seemed very confused as to why my friend was so attached to the dog.

Just thought I'd share this with everyone since a dog was involved. Best advice when stopping at a checkpoint is to get your dog out of the car.

Finally, I have a routine with my wife at the checkpoints. I assist the officers as they check out the back of the truck. Her job is to monitor the inspection of the cab. Also, we try not to leave any valuables in the open (common sense).

Thanks to Baja Cactus for getting the local word out.

Zac

David K - 11-6-2004 at 09:00 AM

Hi Zac, I am wondering why your friend didn't produce the proof of rabies vaccination he is required to have for his dog while in Mexico?

Thanks again for sending the photographs of your Baja wedding vacation. I posted one of them here on Nomad (you both running on the beach at Cocina Pacifica, Elias Calles).

Bajaboy - 11-6-2004 at 09:18 AM

Dave-

My friend, owner of Cocina Pacifica, lives in Baja and was travelling north. That, and I really doubt that a certificate would have helped. The soldiers were pretty insistent that when a dog bites someone that the dog is killed on the spot.

Wouldn't it be great to have a soldier as a Nomad? We could get so much information first hand. Okay DK, that's your new assignment.

Zac

Living in Baja

jrbaja - 11-6-2004 at 09:59 AM

and traveling the peninsula somewhat regularly, I have an entirely different perspective.
Most of the soldiers at those checkpoints know both my dogs names. The one exception is the one south of El Rosario as that one changes fairly regularly.
But, my dogs generally stay in the van. The soldiers ask if they bite, I tell them "just pendejos", and they climb in if they feel like searching. Hardly ever though, as they've seen it all before and know both my vehicles and what I do.
What the people, and soldiers are most amazed about is that my dogs and I understand each other and communicate.
I have signals and words that they know to pay attention to. And they do!
This is unusual for most of the locals because it is true, they treat their animals a lot differently than we gringos. And Canadians to eh Frizkie;)
Because I have spent a lot of time in certain areas down in the mountains, there is beginning to be a lot of interest in this loco gringo who "talks" to his dogs
and how this could possibly happen.
Well, if the Mexican dogs are smart like the kids , I expect that in two or three more trips, el Fido will be bringing me beers instead of being kicked across the room.:lol:

David K - 11-6-2004 at 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy
Dave-

My friend, owner of Cocina Pacifica, lives in Baja and was travelling north. That, and I really doubt that a certificate would have helped. The soldiers were pretty insistent that when a dog bites someone that the dog is killed on the spot.

Wouldn't it be great to have a soldier as a Nomad? We could get so much information first hand. Okay DK, that's your new assignment.

Zac

Ah, it was Jim's dog! Well, finding a soldier Nomad will be tough. Perhaps JR will be better since he is on a first name basis with so many of them! At least our Nomad 'BajaCactus' knows the comandante at San Quintin, and that is great on its own.

Great photo JR... is that your dog or you after a night of tequila!? :lol:

Good work, Baja Cactus!

Baja&Back - 11-6-2004 at 11:27 AM

Sure hope Antonio is in El Rosario on the 18th when our caravan passes thru. I want to shake his hand and thank him for the efforts he makes to promote tourism and safety!!!

I seriously doubt that

jrbaja - 11-6-2004 at 11:52 AM

any of the ones I know, are into computers. At least, I haven't noticed any at the revisions! Let alone speaking English on a gringo message board.:lol:

But, I bet Antonio could talk to the comandante and get him to sign up if he's bilingual.

That would be a kick!:light:

Getting them unstuck definitely has it's advantages though ! See story of "F Troop" at http://groups.msn.com/TheBajasBestGuidesPhotoAlbum

[Edited on 11/6/2004 by jrbaja]

David K - 11-6-2004 at 12:03 PM

Antonio and his dad... BajaCactus

Mexitron - 11-6-2004 at 01:16 PM

Thanks Bajacactus for all the help!!!

I Finally Found My Dog's Father!

Cameron - 11-7-2004 at 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jrbaja
What the people, and soldiers are most amazed about is that my dogs and I understand each other and communicate.
I have signals and words that they know to pay attention to. And they do!

A couple of folks driving down the penninsula found a half-starved puppy near El Rosario last January. They were nowhere near any homes or water, so they brought him south to Todos Santos. They were looking for a home for him, and even though we weren't looking for a dog, my Wife and I couldn't resist taking him in.

That was last January, and when I weighed him in the middle of the month, he weighed about 5 lbs. It's been 10 months now, and as you can see, he hasn't missed too many meals!

I've been wondering where he came from, and I can't help asking. JR: Your dog have more than turkey last Thanksgiving?
In El Rosario much? See any family resemblance??? :yes:

Hasta luego... Cameron

A doggy pyramid

jrbaja - 11-7-2004 at 07:34 AM

How'd you teach them to do that ? Mine listen but as far as tricks go, ain't happening.
And yup, El Rosario pretty often but both mine are done with their carousing days.
Really cute picture!! Thanks.

About 80 lbs. in 10 Months!

Cameron - 11-7-2004 at 05:09 PM

I must be feeding him too much... :)

That's called the "stitch" effect in my photo software: Makes a great "before and after" shot...

Guess I'll just have to keep wondering about his lineage. When I look around BCS, sometimes it seems like there's only one or two REAL busy males running around keeping the young ladies happy!

Hasta luego JR... Cameron

Thank you...

BajaCactus - 11-10-2004 at 03:20 PM

BajaBoy, Baja&back, Mexitron, thanks for your nice words... I believe we all must stick together.... after all... we are all Baja lovers....right.

Baja&back... I would like to meet you also... not sure if I will be in El Rosario for that date... but I will try.

Jide.... I am heading to El Rosario tomorrow thursday 11th.... I was hoping to get the model of your camera by then.... anyway, I will give a printout of the info you posted to Lituenant Coronel Carlos... we will see what they can do with that.

Be back on saturday... bye!!!

:bounce::bounce::bounce: