BajaNomad

San Borja Road to San Gregorio

John M - 8-20-2012 at 02:48 PM

Anyone traveled the road from San Borja to San Gregorio recently?

John M

Oggie - 8-20-2012 at 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by John M
Anyone traveled the road from San Borja to San Gregorio recently?

John M

I heard they may have had rain in the last week, but prior to that the road was in good shape.

Ken Cooke - 8-20-2012 at 05:21 PM

I have heard stories about how challenging a road this can become after a few good storms.

David K - 8-20-2012 at 06:12 PM

Since the tourist facility opened near the historic ranch, the road has been maintained.

motoged - 8-20-2012 at 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Since the tourist facility opened near the historic ranch, the road has been maintained.

David,
Por favor....do you have a map to San Gregorio ranch? My web search is not being helpful.

Gracias

David K - 8-20-2012 at 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by motoged
Quote:
Originally posted by David K

David,
Por favor....do you have a map to San Gregorio ranch? My web search is not being helpful.

Gracias

Hi Ged,
I am in Arizona on my phone. But until I am back try using Nomad search for San Gregorio by me. I am sure I have included a map in one. Try the eco resort website too. It is in my July BajaBound article.
David in Tucson at my daughter's.

motoged - 8-20-2012 at 06:51 PM

David,
Found it....thanks....

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=36795

David K - 8-20-2012 at 08:55 PM

Great!

larryC - 8-21-2012 at 09:11 AM

The road has changed a little since that last thread. Now instead of driving right into the mission at San Borja you turn off to the right maybe one quarter mile before the mission and the road goes up and over the hill to San Gregorio. There is also now a new ranchita near the old well and rock corrals about a mile before you get to San Gregorio. I haven't been up the since April but as DavidK said now that Rafael has a little eco camp going out there the road is being maintained. Should be no problem.

David K - 8-21-2012 at 09:33 AM

Thanks Larry. I hope people don't miss seeing the mission using this new road.