BajaNomad

New pet friendly hotel for all you dog lovers.......

CasaManzana - 10-17-2012 at 04:53 PM

There's a number of very good hotels south of TJ to stay on your way down or up, and El Rosario's Cactus Motel and San Quintin's Villa Hotel are certainly two of them. The Villa in San Quintin is the first I know of that is actively courting pets with a whole new wing devoted to pets and their owners.

Here's what you see from the street at the south end of town-

The older building has been around for 6-7 years now but the pet/smoker wing just opened last week-

The rooms are always spotless. The non-pet wing is carpeted and the pet side is tiled. Great beds and internet. Rates are under $500Mx/night but pet owners must offer a credit card or cash deposit as a security deposit.

And if that's not enough, their restaurant (with room service if you wish) is outstanding. Ravolis and the Cesar salad with grilled chicken are our favorites...most items, unless you go for big steaks, are around $100Mx.

You can make a reservation by email by putting "Naomi" in the subject line at- villasanquintin@hotellavilla.biz . Naomi will confirm your request. If you have a dog be sure to tell her so she can save you the right room.

Thanks for the heads up!

Howard - 10-17-2012 at 05:06 PM

So they have a pet smoking rooms in case my dog wants a puff? :biggrin:

Looks like a great alternative to Jardines. Is it on the main highway at the south end?

Seriously, are the pet rooms also smoking rooms? If so, do they have the smoked in smell?

BajaBlanca - 10-17-2012 at 06:14 PM

unless casamanzana smokes, s/he might not know the answer -maybe write to naomi for the smoking/pet same room question.

dtbushpilot - 10-17-2012 at 06:20 PM

The picture of the room shows a tile floor (assume pet friendly) and a no smoking card on the table.

Good questions....

CasaManzana - 10-17-2012 at 06:30 PM

I asked Naomi if I could try out the new dog/smoke side and she said I'd get a room that has never been used yet for pets or smoking. If I can catch her in the morning before I leave I will ask about non-smoking dog rooms and smoking non-dog rooms.
This might be pushing the Mexican envelope a bit....ya think?

Naomi responds.........

CasaManzana - 10-17-2012 at 06:42 PM

Hello Mr. Apple:
Thank you for posting our information on the newsletter and your kind recommendation. Just to let you know, there are two specific pet friendly rooms and those are non smoking, additional non-smoking and smoking rooms are also available in the new wing, but they will all be designated and identified with the appropriate signs at the entrance of each rooms in due time.
Thanks again,
Naomi N.

windgrrl - 10-17-2012 at 06:46 PM

Looks good!

Woofus gracias from Ms. Vida

Howard - 10-17-2012 at 07:52 PM

But what room would we take if my dog smokes and I don't? :lol:

Once again, thank you for the post.

pit stop

EdZeranski - 10-18-2012 at 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by CasaManzana
El Rosario's Cactus Motel and San Quintin's Villa Hotel .

We have stayed at both, great with very nice folks who tolerate my broken English and Spanish. I think we were some of the first folks to stay at the Villa after it opened and it is our go-to pit stop on the way North, usually making reservation over the phone or stopping on the way down. It is nice getting to San Quintin as it gets dark and not having to deal with the road to Old Mill. Iguana Inn is our Loreto spot with several years at Su Kasa Bungalows too.

EdZ KG6UTS

EdZ

bajafam - 10-21-2012 at 01:03 PM

We stayed here two years ago and loved it. The rooms were comfy and clean. The owners and staff were kind and generous (he even gave my daughter some of the roses he was trimming). The food from the restaurant was yummy and the room service was an added bonus after a long hard day of driving. Love that there is a pet friendly wing now, we'll definitely stay there again.

RnR - 10-22-2012 at 09:28 PM

Stopped here based on CasaManzana's post. Great place, nice rooms, really good restaurant.

durrelllrobert - 10-23-2012 at 01:43 PM

Quote:
I asked Naomi if I could try out the new dog/smoke side and she said I'd get a room that has never been used yet for pets or smoking. If I can catch her in the morning before I leave I will ask about non-smoking dog rooms and smoking non-dog rooms.
This might be pushing the Mexican envelope a bit....ya think?
i love the picture of the smoking dog. How did you do that?

My dog doesn't smoke but he has other vices. Do you think thay have a room that can accomodate him?:lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 10-23-2012 by durrelllrobert]

[Edited on 10-23-2012 by durrelllrobert]

DENNIS - 10-23-2012 at 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by durrelllrobert
i love the picture of the smoking dog. How did you do that?

Hours and hours of training, I'm sure. :lol:

OMG!

CasaManzana - 10-24-2012 at 06:20 AM

I'm callin' da cops!

First hand report

Howard - 11-21-2012 at 07:52 PM

Stayed in room #117 last night and it was really, really nice. With my dog, it was a little more than most, 610 pesos but if one has no problem with that amount, I highly suggest you stay there. They even mentioned that they have dog beds available if you don't bring one.

I still like Jardines but these rooms are much more modern and extremely clean and much more spacious. The flat screen TV must of been at least 40" and got all the channels I needed. The staff spoke English and was very helpful and friendly.

The restaurant was clean and the staff was attentive, food moderately priced and it tasted good, not great but very good.

All in all, I would definitely stay again even though I would miss eating at the restaurant next to Jardines.

By the way, I would consider it more on the North end of town, not the South end but either way, you can't miss it. It is on the East side of the street.

I think Naomi said there are only 2 pet friendly rooms but I am not 100% sure on that.

honda tom - 2-17-2014 at 09:42 PM

The restaurant is incredible. The best food I have ever had. On a trip home from La Paz, my friend said lets stop here. We did and walked in and looked at the menu. I said this looks like dennys... lets go! The owner heard me and said something to th affect of....."does dennys have fresh shrimp and scallops over linguini"? I said no. He said ...."come inside and give us a chance"
The food was incredible! The sunday brunch is the best. They hand make the pastries on Sun. This place is the real deal.

I think hes a little high on the room price when your heading north,..... about 75 bucs.

Bajaboy - 2-17-2014 at 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by honda tom
The restaurant is incredible. The best food I have ever had. On a trip home from La Paz, my friend said lets stop here. We did and walked in and looked at the menu. I said this looks like dennys... lets go! The owner heard me and said something to th affect of....."does dennys have fresh shrimp and scallops over linguini"? I said no. He said ...."come inside and give us a chance"
The food was incredible! The sunday brunch is the best. They hand make the pastries on Sun. This place is the real deal.

I think hes a little high on the room price when your heading north,..... about 75 bucs.

Room price is more like $46 bucks...

dog friendly hotel

captkw - 2-17-2014 at 11:31 PM

SWEET !! I don't do hotels or motels but that good info for folks that do !!! and Thanx for the heads up !!!.......as I travel,, hotels are not in the picture,,but each to there own !!...K&T:cool:

susaninlapaz - 3-27-2014 at 01:59 PM

I love Don Eddie's RV camp/bar/restaurant/hotel just south of San Quintin; it's on the same graded dirt road as Molino Viejo, but the prices are better, the food and bar are just as good, and the 3-person staff does not speak English, which I consider a plus. They have lots of live-in pets (just got a baby goat in January), and it's a total "come as you are" kinda place.

David K - 3-27-2014 at 02:24 PM

Baja has something for everyone...

Hard to beat the showers at Baja Cactus... big enough for a party! LOL

Plus, nobody works harder to provide assistance to the Baja travelers as BajaCactus, himself... Antonio Muņoz (now sponsoring an emergency ambulance service)... http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=71485 Great rooms with amenities galore, very low price, and you support a great cause.

reneske - 4-23-2014 at 09:17 PM

Quote:
Hello Mr. Apple:
Thank you for posting our information on the newsletter and your kind recommendation. Just to let you know, there are two specific pet friendly rooms and those are non smoking, additional non-smoking and smoking rooms are also available in the new wing, but they will all be designated and identified with the appropriate signs at the entrance of each rooms in due time.
Thanks again,
Naomi N.

reneske - 4-23-2014 at 09:19 PM

Do they serve breakfast as well as dinner? Or just dinner?

CasaManzana - 4-24-2014 at 08:14 AM

Unless they have changed hours it's been open by 7AM in the past

Bajahowodd - 4-24-2014 at 05:03 PM

There's an abundance of really good hotels in the San Quintin area. Villas is one of them. But it is right on the main highway. As is Hotel Maria Celeste, which is almost next door to Villas. Then, there's the Hotel Mision Santa Maria and, of course Jardines, both of which are way quieter and have really good restaurants.

With this abundance of riches, I really don';t know why anyone would stay at Baja Cactus. Just my opinion.

Lee - 4-26-2014 at 10:34 AM

SQ Villas is on the highway but noise is a non-issue. You won't hear traffic from the rooms.

Checked out a dog room once and passed on it. The room smelled like a kennel. The non-pet room looked and smelled great -- and my dog loved it.

Restaurant next door is batting 50% with me. Yeah I had the linguini with shrimp and sent it back. Thin cream sauce, previously frozen baby shrimp doesn't cut it.

I like the rooms better than Jardines too. No problem eating at Jardines and staying at Villas. About a 10 minute drive.

Cactus is great and if it were in SQ that would be better. El Rosario food can't compare with Jardines or local places.

Then there's the traffic noise at Cactus. Trucks coming down the hill and idling at the Pemex next door sucks. Just my experience.

reneske - 5-13-2014 at 07:55 PM

Quote:
There's a number of very good hotels south of TJ to stay on your way down or up, and El Rosario's Cactus Motel and San Quintin's Villa Hotel are certainly two of them. The Villa in San Quintin is the first I know of that is actively courting pets with a whole new wing devoted to pets and their owners.

Here's what you see from the street at the south end of town-

The older building has been around for 6-7 years now but the pet/smoker wing just opened last week-

The rooms are always spotless. The non-pet wing is carpeted and the pet side is tiled. Great beds and internet. Rates are under $500Mx/night but pet owners must offer a credit card or cash deposit as a security deposit.

And if that's not enough, their restaurant (with room service if you wish) is outstanding. Ravolis and the Cesar salad with grilled chicken are our favorites...most items, unless you go for big steaks, are around $100Mx.

You can make a reservation by email by putting "Naomi" in the subject line at- villasanquintin@hotellavilla.biz . Naomi will confirm your request. If you have a dog be sure to tell her so she can save you the right room.

reneske - 5-13-2014 at 07:58 PM

Stayed at the Villas La Villas De San Quintin in their pet friendly rooms. The rooms are great and the food in the restaurant was wonderful. Had dinner and breakfast there. My only suggestion is that they put in a grassy area to walk your dog. I walked our dog in the garden area, but not the best place to walk a dog. Other than that the place was clean, quiet and had great food.

Bajaboy - 5-13-2014 at 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by reneske
Stayed at the Villas La Villas De San Quintin in their pet friendly rooms. The rooms are great and the food in the restaurant was wonderful. Had dinner and breakfast there. My only suggestion is that they put in a grassy area to walk your dog. I walked our dog in the garden area, but not the best place to walk a dog. Other than that the place was clean, quiet and had great food.

We found a great city park just next door. If you head out the parking lot and turn left (south). Go to the first street and turn left...it's right there. We don't have dogs but our kids loved it. There is a nice play ground as well as a bunch of physical fitness machines as well. Check it out!

reneske - 5-21-2014 at 02:59 PM

Thanks so much Bajaboy. I will remember that when we return in October.

Cielomar - 8-6-2014 at 12:11 PM

Can anyone advise if the Jardines in SQ is pet friendly? Thanks...

DianaT - 8-6-2014 at 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cielomar
Can anyone advise if the Jardines in SQ is pet friendly? Thanks...

Yes, but only in certain rooms and they do charge extra. I don't remember the cost as we usually don't make reservations so we stay at the Mission Santa Maria which is dog friendly and on the beach.

If you want to stay at Jardines, which is a beautiful place, be sure to make reservations for one of the dog rooms.