BajaNomad - 10-20-2012 at 05:16 PM

I don't quite know what to say...

They start at about 2:20 in on this.

[Edited on 10-21-2012 by BajaNomad]

DENNIS - 10-20-2012 at 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNomad
I don't quite know what to say...

I'd say they're a little bit insane, but I bet it was fun for them. Jeeeezo......the one guy was lifted about thirty feet into the air. What a freakin' thrill.

BillP - 10-20-2012 at 05:28 PM

Theyz nutz!!!!!!!! :o

DENNIS - 10-20-2012 at 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BillP
Theyz nutz!!!!!!!! :o

That's actually what I meant to say. :lol:

RnR - 10-20-2012 at 06:06 PM

The saying, "When life hands you a bunch of lemons, make lemonade ..." holds true here.

I'm sure that I know those two.

We decided to hole up in Los Angeles and wait out the hurricane. Two other kiters were a day ahead of us and they decided to make a run for it and try to get to La Ventana BEFORE the hurricane hit.

From their Facebook page, they didn't make it and had to spend four days in Loreto waiting for the roads to open. Why not go for it when you are stuck in Loreto, have your kites, it's windy, and well within your skill level.

AND, one of those kiters is a woman! Yahoo!

Names withheld.

[Edited on 10-21-2012 by RnR]

Great vid !!

captkw - 10-20-2012 at 06:58 PM

I'd be out in that in my cat but would be a little worried about "dead heads" thats what hurts at high speed !! K&T:cool: cool video..some us like to "SHRED"!!!

Paula - 10-20-2012 at 10:27 PM

Well damn!! That looks like fun-- especially if you can hear the music while you're out there!

acadist - 10-21-2012 at 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paula
Well damn!! That looks like fun-- especially if you can hear the music while you're out there!
:lol::lol::lol:

Kiters

tehag - 10-21-2012 at 06:06 AM

Wow! I can't imagine how they could avoid all the tons of debris that are in that water. We're talkin' mesquite limbs, cholla, cardón, palm fronds, trash; many, many tons of debris.

LIKE I SAID "DEAD HEADS"

captkw - 10-21-2012 at 06:47 AM

Kite boarders

CJ - 10-21-2012 at 07:03 AM

I Watched them from my front porch. They were getting big air. You are right Tehag, Lots of caca in the water. Kind of dangerous, But I'm sure real thrilling:biggrin:

oladulce - 10-21-2012 at 07:06 AM

Used to think it was exciting to surf after a storm even if the water was the color of Hershey's cocoa and debris looked like Lipton cup-a-soup. Until 30 yrs ago when I came down with viral meningitis from surfing after some rains (and became a patient on the same floor of the hospital where I'd just gotten hired for my first RN job.) Through the delirium I realized this was serious stuff and not fun. No mas cocoa water for me ever since, and I try to spread the word that it's really not worth the risk.

Even though these "guys" are really good and aren't submerging themselves like you do when dunking your head through waves when surfing, they've gotta be exposed to some questionable stuff especially since they're right in front of a large pueblo.

BajaBlanca - 10-21-2012 at 08:29 AM

but boy it looks like such fun for a pro kite surfer ....

micah202 - 10-21-2012 at 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by oladulce
Used to think it was exciting to surf after a storm even if the water was the color of Hershey's cocoa and debris looked like Lipton cup-a-soup. Until 30 yrs ago when I came down with viral meningitis from surfing after some rains (and became a patient on the same floor of the hospital where I'd just gotten hired for my first RN job.) Through the delirium I realized this was serious stuff and not fun. No mas cocoa water for me ever since, and I try to spread the word that it's really not worth the risk.

Even though these "guys" are really good and aren't submerging themselves like you do when dunking your head through waves when surfing, they've gotta be exposed to some questionable stuff especially since they're right in front of a large pueblo.

...they're likely from the gorge,,,where Hanford nuclear mess flows through,,,so their resistance is nice and strong!!

monoloco - 10-21-2012 at 05:29 PM

I used to windsurf in the Gorge, I got tired of having a constant sinus infection. Hanford is bad, but all the agricultural and rain water runoff from cities is more of an immediate problem.

micah202 - 10-23-2012 at 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by monoloco
I used to windsurf in the Gorge, I got tired of having a constant sinus infection. Hanford is bad, but all the agricultural and rain water runoff from cities is more of an immediate problem.

....not to mention those barges that stop for -nothing-:o