BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 10-20-2012 at 05:16 PM
Kitesurfers at Loreto following Hurricane Paul

I don't quite know what to say...

They start at about 2:20 in on this.

[Edited on 10-21-2012 by BajaNomad]

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-20-2012 at 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNomad
I don't quite know what to say...

I'd say they're a little bit insane, but I bet it was fun for them. Jeeeezo......the one guy was lifted about thirty feet into the air. What a freakin' thrill.
BillP
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-20-2012 at 05:28 PM

Theyz nutz!!!!!!!! :o
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-20-2012 at 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BillP
Theyz nutz!!!!!!!! :o

That's actually what I meant to say. :lol:
RnR
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-20-2012 at 06:06 PM

The saying, "When life hands you a bunch of lemons, make lemonade ..." holds true here.

I'm sure that I know those two.

We decided to hole up in Los Angeles and wait out the hurricane. Two other kiters were a day ahead of us and they decided to make a run for it and try to get to La Ventana BEFORE the hurricane hit.

From their Facebook page, they didn't make it and had to spend four days in Loreto waiting for the roads to open. Why not go for it when you are stuck in Loreto, have your kites, it's windy, and well within your skill level.

AND, one of those kiters is a woman! Yahoo!

Names withheld.

[Edited on 10-21-2012 by RnR]
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 10-20-2012 at 06:58 PM
Great vid !!

I'd be out in that in my cat but would be a little worried about "dead heads" thats what hurts at high speed !! K&T:cool: cool video..some us like to "SHRED"!!!
Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-20-2012 at 10:27 PM

Well damn!! That looks like fun-- especially if you can hear the music while you're out there!
acadist
Super Nomad

Mood: Waiting for the Sun

[*] posted on 10-21-2012 at 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paula
Well damn!! That looks like fun-- especially if you can hear the music while you're out there!
:lol::lol::lol:

Dave
I moved to CO and they made me buy a little rod to make it feel like a real fish
tehag
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2012 at 06:06 AM
Kiters

Wow! I can't imagine how they could avoid all the tons of debris that are in that water. We're talkin' mesquite limbs, cholla, cardón, palm fronds, trash; many, many tons of debris.

Certainty is the child of ignorance, knowledge is the mother of doubt. Question everything!

http://bcsbirds.com
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 10-21-2012 at 06:47 AM
LIKE I SAID "DEAD HEADS"

CJ
Nomad

Mood: It's cool with me

[*] posted on 10-21-2012 at 07:03 AM
Kite boarders

I Watched them from my front porch. They were getting big air. You are right Tehag, Lots of caca in the water. Kind of dangerous, But I'm sure real thrilling:biggrin:
oladulce
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2012 at 07:06 AM

Used to think it was exciting to surf after a storm even if the water was the color of Hershey's cocoa and debris looked like Lipton cup-a-soup. Until 30 yrs ago when I came down with viral meningitis from surfing after some rains (and became a patient on the same floor of the hospital where I'd just gotten hired for my first RN job.) Through the delirium I realized this was serious stuff and not fun. No mas cocoa water for me ever since, and I try to spread the word that it's really not worth the risk.

Even though these "guys" are really good and aren't submerging themselves like you do when dunking your head through waves when surfing, they've gotta be exposed to some questionable stuff especially since they're right in front of a large pueblo.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2012 at 08:29 AM

but boy it looks like such fun for a pro kite surfer ....

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2012 at 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by oladulce
Used to think it was exciting to surf after a storm even if the water was the color of Hershey's cocoa and debris looked like Lipton cup-a-soup. Until 30 yrs ago when I came down with viral meningitis from surfing after some rains (and became a patient on the same floor of the hospital where I'd just gotten hired for my first RN job.) Through the delirium I realized this was serious stuff and not fun. No mas cocoa water for me ever since, and I try to spread the word that it's really not worth the risk.

Even though these "guys" are really good and aren't submerging themselves like you do when dunking your head through waves when surfing, they've gotta be exposed to some questionable stuff especially since they're right in front of a large pueblo.

...they're likely from the gorge,,,where Hanford nuclear mess flows through,,,so their resistance is nice and strong!!
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2012 at 05:29 PM

I used to windsurf in the Gorge, I got tired of having a constant sinus infection. Hanford is bad, but all the agricultural and rain water runoff from cities is more of an immediate problem.
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2012 at 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by monoloco
I used to windsurf in the Gorge, I got tired of having a constant sinus infection. Hanford is bad, but all the agricultural and rain water runoff from cities is more of an immediate problem.

....not to mention those barges that stop for -nothing-:o

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.