BajaNomad

One Door Shuts - Another One Opens

Gypsy Jan - 11-20-2012 at 10:17 PM

Last week, when we took our elderly Rottweiler to the vet to find out how to treat his arthritis and kidney failure, as we were leaving, we were approached by a man who had two three-week-old Rottweiler puppies left over from a litter of eight. He didn't want any money, he was looking for good homes.

Husband asked me about it, shrugged and then he drove back into town to pick up the female.

A day later, the owner called, told him that he didn't like the Mexican family that wanted the male. Husband drove back to town to pick up the male.

Good news, bottle feeding the puppies with puppy milk is working and they are thriving.

The unfortunate thing is our older Rottweiler is not eating and he is fading away.

Me & Tasha

captkw - 11-20-2012 at 10:26 PM

we are sending/thinking/call it what you want BIG hugs and always think about the good times..easy for me to say at this time...I know ITs damn Hard to go through & keep the faith..we all will go over that rainbow !! sometimes its better to check out than deal with a old body ..........K&T...enjoy the new lil sprits.....a new day begins & wishing you folks the best !!

[Edited on 11-21-2012 by captkw]

[Edited on 11-21-2012 by captkw]

Bajagato - 11-20-2012 at 11:34 PM

I'm so sorry your older pup is not eating. I hope he only feels love the rest of his life(no pain) I don't know u but I do love animals and anyone that lives or visits Baja. Keep us posted your family is in my prayers.

DavidE - 11-20-2012 at 11:41 PM

Gypsy Jan, you gave him the best life he could have possibly had, so what more can you do? His monument should be your loving memories of the good times.

mcfez - 11-21-2012 at 06:45 AM

Sounds to me that the elderly......got a full life of care and love. My hat is off to you! Sorry to hear about the situation...........

Adopting another at this time.....now that took some strength.....and now there is bout to be another dog living life as it should be. Good for you!

FYI One of my dogs in the past...had the same issue of not eating...I noticed her body temperature was low. A blanket made a difference.......