Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: One Door Shuts - Another One Opens
Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Depends on which way the wind is blowing

[*] posted on 11-20-2012 at 10:17 PM
One Door Shuts - Another One Opens

Last week, when we took our elderly Rottweiler to the vet to find out how to treat his arthritis and kidney failure, as we were leaving, we were approached by a man who had two three-week-old Rottweiler puppies left over from a litter of eight. He didn't want any money, he was looking for good homes.

Husband asked me about it, shrugged and then he drove back into town to pick up the female.

A day later, the owner called, told him that he didn't like the Mexican family that wanted the male. Husband drove back to town to pick up the male.

Good news, bottle feeding the puppies with puppy milk is working and they are thriving.

The unfortunate thing is our older Rottweiler is not eating and he is fading away.

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness.”
—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)
—Kirsty MacColl, Mambo de la Luna

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 11-20-2012 at 10:26 PM
Me & Tasha

we are sending/thinking/call it what you want BIG hugs and always think about the good times..easy for me to say at this time...I know ITs damn Hard to go through & keep the faith..we all will go over that rainbow !! sometimes its better to check out than deal with a old body ..........K&T...enjoy the new lil sprits.....a new day begins & wishing you folks the best !!

[Edited on 11-21-2012 by captkw]

[Edited on 11-21-2012 by captkw]
Bajagato
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2012 at 11:34 PM

I'm so sorry your older pup is not eating. I hope he only feels love the rest of his life(no pain) I don't know u but I do love animals and anyone that lives or visits Baja. Keep us posted your family is in my prayers.
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 11-20-2012 at 11:41 PM

Gypsy Jan, you gave him the best life he could have possibly had, so what more can you do? His monument should be your loving memories of the good times.

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2012 at 06:45 AM

Sounds to me that the elderly......got a full life of care and love. My hat is off to you! Sorry to hear about the situation...........

Adopting another at this time.....now that took some strength.....and now there is bout to be another dog living life as it should be. Good for you!

FYI One of my dogs in the past...had the same issue of not eating...I noticed her body temperature was low. A blanket made a difference.......

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.