BajaNomad

so you are getting gas in El Rosario...

BajaBlanca - 12-30-2012 at 01:17 PM

and you see a car with a guy standing next to it as gas is pumped into his vehicle, and there is a woman smiling inside the vehicle.

what do you do if you are Blanca? why start a conversation, of course ! Fellow nomader Scott (no idea what his Bajanomad name is) says they are headed to BoLA and maybe other locations as well. So,I tell him about our neck of the woods, give him our card which has a link to the website with photos. Three minutes later we are on our way south again.

What next ??? VOILA ! They wrote and are coming to visit !

Small world, a friendly attitude and baja nomad are great for making new friends!

David K - 12-30-2012 at 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
and you see a car with a guy standing next to it as gas is pumped into his vehicle, and there is a woman smiling inside the vehicle.

what do you do if you are Blanca? why start a conversation, of course ! Fellow nomader Scott (no idea what his Bajanomad name is) says they are headed to BoLA and maybe other locations as well. So,I tell him about our neck of the woods, give him our card which has a link to the website with photos. Three minutes later we are on our way south again.

What next ??? VOILA ! They wrote and are coming to visit !

Small world, a friendly attitude and baja nomad are great for making new friends!

Where are you posting from? Is this today in El Rosario?

Santiago - 12-30-2012 at 01:26 PM

uh-ho. Is this guy 50ish with fuzzy hair like he just stuck his hand in a light socket? Is his wife a stone-cold fox but ruins the whole picture by snorting when she laughs? If so, it's the couple who has the cabin behind me in Gecko........good luck.

Bajaboy - 12-30-2012 at 02:41 PM

bumped into Skipjack Joe earlier today on our walk....

Bob H - 12-31-2012 at 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Santiago
....Is his wife a stone-cold fox but ruins the whole picture by snorting when she laughs?

Now THAT is hilarious! We've all seen them like that sitting in a bar, right? :lol::lol::lol:

Feathers - 12-31-2012 at 09:00 AM

I noticed all the hustle-bustle at the B&B! Have you had time to breathe yet? ;D

I also noticed that you're impossible to get a hold of, so please call me at your earliest convenience. Don't we have plans for this boisterous New Years' Evening??? Please advise!:bounce:

BajaBlanca - 12-31-2012 at 10:16 AM

yes FEATHERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

we have been busy busy busy with guests (:

the couple is here that I met in El Rosario and they live NOB and are just traveling around Baja

they are so wonderful ! thanks gasolinera for giving us the chance to meet !

willardguy - 12-31-2012 at 10:21 AM

Quote:
uh-ho. Is this guy 50ish with fuzzy hair like he just stuck his hand in a light socket? Is his wife a stone-cold fox but ruins the whole picture by snorting when she laughs? If so, it's the couple who has the cabin behind me in Gecko........good luck.
doesnt sound like a deal killer to me! not even close. ;)

spouse descriptions in BOLA

mtgoat666 - 12-31-2012 at 12:25 PM

Quote:

your assessment of your neighbor's wife is nebulous until you put it in perspective by describing your own wife...

Marc - 12-31-2012 at 01:24 PM

Quote:

So Gecko is back to renting short timers??

Santiago - 12-31-2012 at 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Marc

No.

woody with a view - 12-31-2012 at 11:05 PM

Quote:
Quote:

No.

No.

David K - 1-1-2013 at 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
Quote:
Quote:

No.

No.

No. (3rd time's a charm!)

55steve - 1-1-2013 at 02:07 AM

Wow, I thought it was just me...

Quote:

BajaBlanca - 1-1-2013 at 11:41 AM

well, our wonderful newly met guests came as "guests" and left us today as friends.

I am just amazed at how chance meetings flower into friendships.

they have traveled to more countries than anyone else I have ever met. score one. they have been married forever (their words). score two. they were smiles and laughter and huge fun. score BIG three. Sue made delicious guacamole. score again !

Happy 2013 to all !