BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: so you are getting gas in El Rosario...
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-30-2012 at 01:17 PM
so you are getting gas in El Rosario...

and you see a car with a guy standing next to it as gas is pumped into his vehicle, and there is a woman smiling inside the vehicle.

what do you do if you are Blanca? why start a conversation, of course ! Fellow nomader Scott (no idea what his Bajanomad name is) says they are headed to BoLA and maybe other locations as well. So,I tell him about our neck of the woods, give him our card which has a link to the website with photos. Three minutes later we are on our way south again.

What next ??? VOILA ! They wrote and are coming to visit !

Small world, a friendly attitude and baja nomad are great for making new friends!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-30-2012 at 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
and you see a car with a guy standing next to it as gas is pumped into his vehicle, and there is a woman smiling inside the vehicle.

what do you do if you are Blanca? why start a conversation, of course ! Fellow nomader Scott (no idea what his Bajanomad name is) says they are headed to BoLA and maybe other locations as well. So,I tell him about our neck of the woods, give him our card which has a link to the website with photos. Three minutes later we are on our way south again.

What next ??? VOILA ! They wrote and are coming to visit !

Small world, a friendly attitude and baja nomad are great for making new friends!

Where are you posting from? Is this today in El Rosario?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Santiago
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-30-2012 at 01:26 PM

uh-ho. Is this guy 50ish with fuzzy hair like he just stuck his hand in a light socket? Is his wife a stone-cold fox but ruins the whole picture by snorting when she laughs? If so, it's the couple who has the cabin behind me in Gecko........good luck.
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-30-2012 at 02:41 PM

bumped into Skipjack Joe earlier today on our walk....

Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-31-2012 at 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Santiago
....Is his wife a stone-cold fox but ruins the whole picture by snorting when she laughs?

Now THAT is hilarious! We've all seen them like that sitting in a bar, right? :lol::lol::lol:

The SAME boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of NOT the circumstance.
Feathers
Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 12-31-2012 at 09:00 AM

I noticed all the hustle-bustle at the B&B! Have you had time to breathe yet? ;D

I also noticed that you're impossible to get a hold of, so please call me at your earliest convenience. Don't we have plans for this boisterous New Years' Evening??? Please advise!:bounce:
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-31-2012 at 10:16 AM

yes FEATHERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

we have been busy busy busy with guests (:

the couple is here that I met in El Rosario and they live NOB and are just traveling around Baja

they are so wonderful ! thanks gasolinera for giving us the chance to meet !

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-31-2012 at 10:21 AM

Quote:
uh-ho. Is this guy 50ish with fuzzy hair like he just stuck his hand in a light socket? Is his wife a stone-cold fox but ruins the whole picture by snorting when she laughs? If so, it's the couple who has the cabin behind me in Gecko........good luck.
doesnt sound like a deal killer to me! not even close. ;)
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 12-31-2012 at 12:25 PM
spouse descriptions in BOLA

Quote:

your assessment of your neighbor's wife is nebulous until you put it in perspective by describing your own wife...
Marc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 12-31-2012 at 01:24 PM

Quote:

So Gecko is back to renting short timers??
Santiago
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-31-2012 at 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Marc

No.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 12-31-2012 at 11:05 PM

Quote:
Quote:

No.

No.

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-1-2013 at 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
Quote:
Quote:

No.

No.

No. (3rd time's a charm!)

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

55steve
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2013 at 02:07 AM

Wow, I thought it was just me...

Quote:
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2013 at 11:41 AM

well, our wonderful newly met guests came as "guests" and left us today as friends.

I am just amazed at how chance meetings flower into friendships.

they have traveled to more countries than anyone else I have ever met. score one. they have been married forever (their words). score two. they were smiles and laughter and huge fun. score BIG three. Sue made delicious guacamole. score again !

Happy 2013 to all !

Come visit La Bocana

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.