BajaNomad

Bruce Berger reading in Loreto

Paula - 1-22-2013 at 10:53 AM

On Saturday, January 26 at 6:30 award winning author Bruce Berger will be at El Caballo Blanco Bookstore in Loreto. He will read from his most recent work, "Oasis of Stone" and he'll be signing this book as well as "Almost an Island". There will be a time for questions, and refreshments will be served. Both books are in stock at the bookstore.

Hope to see you there!

David K - 1-22-2013 at 11:33 AM

That would be cool to hear... I really enjoyed the two books (Almost an Island and Oasis of Stone)!

DENNIS - 1-22-2013 at 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paula
"Oasis of Stone"

When I bought this book, it was for the photography by de La Cueva, which is excellent, but after opening the cover and beginning to read, the writing by Bruce Berger has to be considered equal to the task required of the graphics. The team effort is superb and the book has earned a place on the coffee table of any Baja Aficionado.
It's on mine.

[Edited on 1-22-2013 by DENNIS]

David K - 1-22-2013 at 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by Paula
"Oasis of Stone"

When I bought this book, it was for the photography by de La Cueva, which is excellent, but after opening the cover and beginning to read, the writing by Bruce Berger has to be considered equal to the task required of the graphics. The team effort is superb and the book has earned a place on the coffee table of any Baja Aficionado.
It's on mine.

[Edited on 1-22-2013 by DENNIS]

Indeed, nice book... we reviewed the book on Nomad when it came out... See the cover and a couple of the photos from inside (Jan. 2007):

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=22205

ElCap - 1-22-2013 at 09:01 PM

Actually, I believe his latest book is "La Giganta y Guadalupe" co-written with Exequiel Ezcurra and photos by Miguel Angel de la Cueva, published in 2010. It's a large-format coffee table book, similar to Oasis in Stone. Beautiful photos of the southern Baja mountain and ranchos, with text in spanish. I bumped into Bruce last year in San Ignacio, and now have a signed copy of this book to add to my aja library. Hopefully he'll have copies at his signing in Loreto.

And RIP Alberto of El Caballo Blanco Bookstore.

Paula - 1-22-2013 at 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ElCap
Actually, I believe his latest book is "La Giganta y Guadalupe" co-written with Exequiel Ezcurra and photos by Miguel Angel de la Cueva, published in 2010. It's a large-format coffee table book, similar to Oasis in Stone. Beautiful photos of the southern Baja mountain and ranchos, with text in spanish. I bumped into Bruce last year in San Ignacio, and now have a signed copy of this book to add to my aja library. Hopefully he'll have copies at his signing in Loreto.

And RIP Alberto of El Caballo Blanco Bookstore.

Thank you for the correction, ElCap. I'm not sure whether La Giganta y Guadalupe will be available at the signing, but it is always worthwhile to come out to hear what Bruce has to say.

elizabeth - 1-24-2013 at 02:28 PM

Just a reminder of the event Saturday...it's a terrific opportunity to meet Bruce Berger in a friendly, intimate environment, and get a signed copy of one of his gorgeous and beutifully written books...it's shaping up to be an event that Beto would have been proud of...6:30 at El Caballo Blanco.