BajaNomad

Help- Cabo cops robbed my son

Pages:  1  

BajaDixon - 3-3-2013 at 09:41 AM

Got a text from my son that 3 cops ( I'm assuming city cops since I haven't talked with him yet) put him in their car, held a gun to his head, and then stole his money!They then left him on the street.

Is this happening a lot in Cabo these days? Is there an agency that he can report it to? Should he report it or would it be dangerous because of potential retribution by the police?

Thanks.

measomsan - 3-3-2013 at 09:45 AM

When ? Where in Cabo? What time of day?
Is he sure they were cops? Was it a marked car?
I'm here for months at a time and not heard this one happening
Need more info

nbacc - 3-3-2013 at 09:47 AM

That is the question............were they cops? scarey

bajaguy - 3-3-2013 at 10:25 AM

Although I don't doubt BajaDixon's post, and we do not know all of the details, there is more to this story.

Is your son a resident or a tourist, where in Cabo was he, who was he with, what was he doing just prior to the incident, what time was it, why did they leave him with a phone??

Did he report the incident to the US Consulate agency????
•Los Cabos: Las Tiendas de Palmilla Local B221, Carretera Transpeninsular Km. 27.5, San José del Cabo, BCS, Mexico 23406 Telephone: (624) 143-3566 Fax: (624) 143-6750.

You can report police misconduct to:

Secretaría de Seguridad Pública del Estado de Baja California Sur
Carretera Transpeninsular Km. 17 y Acceso a la Colonia Calafia C.P. 23054, La Paz B.C.S.

SECRETARIO DE TURISMO DE BAJA CALIFORNIA SUR
Lic. Rubén Reachi Lugo
Tel. (612) 12 4 01 03 Conmutador ext. 104
Dir. (612) 12 4 04 24
Fax (612) 12 4 07 22
Email: rreachi@bcs.gob.mx

DIRECCIÓN DE ADMINISTRACIÓN
Lic. Fernando Ojeda Aguilar
Tel. (612) 12 4 01 00 Ext. 105
Email: faguilar@bcs.gob.mx

BajaDixon - 3-3-2013 at 11:19 AM

Just talked with my son and there is not a whole lot of story going on.He had just left Squid Row at 1:30 am and was walking to his hotel, alone, when they scooped him up and searched him for drugs. They drove him 4 blocks into a poorer section of town, took the money in his wallet and left him there. He says they had a police vehicle and were dressed as cops.

I don't have a clue why they left his phone with him other than they probably were afraid that it had a device in it that could be traced to them.

My son has been staying in Todos Santos for 2 months and frequents the clubs in Cabo. He is not involved in drugs or any other nefarious activity. He spends most of his days at the beach with his girlfriend and another friend. I was just down there last week visiting him and they do not look or act like criminals.

This appears to simply be a case of a shakedown for his cash. It is guaranteed that he will not walks those streets alone anymore.

What's ironic about this mess is that I am planning on teaching a class at the local college in NorCal about travelling to Baja to visit the Grey Whales. My motive is to get more gringos into Mexico to help the tourist trade and improve the image many Americans have of Baja and the Mexican people! This is a curveball in that plan.

DENNIS - 3-3-2013 at 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaDixon
What's ironic about this mess is that I am planning on teaching a class at the local college in NorCal about travelling to Baja to visit the Grey Whales. My motive is to get more gringos into Mexico to help the tourist trade and improve the image many Americans have of Baja and the Mexican people! This is a curveball in that plan.

It's funny [not haha funny] what you don't see until it happens close to home.
Before you start serving the Tourist Department Koolade, you should probably enlighten yourself to more of the full story....like spend some time reading Maggies Madness and Borderland Beat as well as other sites.

David K - 3-3-2013 at 11:34 AM

You already know this, and it will make a good lesson to newbies, sadly at your son's expense...

1) Avoid Cabo (it's at the tip of Baja so you never need to go there to see the rest of Baja)
2) If you can't avoid Cabo, then avoid it at night.
3) If you can't avoid Cabo at night, don't walk out of a bar at 1:30 am, alone!

He can try filing a complaint if he can identify the cops. Boycotting bars in Cabo by everyone will have business owners get onto the police to stop that activity.

Don't be an easy mark!

chuckie - 3-3-2013 at 11:45 AM

Second the "stay away from Cabo"part...If you want to go to Cabo, go to Newport Beach, its closer...

Wally - 3-3-2013 at 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
You already know this, and it will make a good lesson to newbies, sadly at your son's expense...

1) Avoid Cabo (it's at the tip of Baja so you never need to go there to see the rest of Baja)

He can try filing a complaint if he can identify the cops. Boycotting bars in Cabo by everyone will have business owners get onto the police to stop that activity.

Don't be an easy mark!

Thousands of people do exactly this nightly. Thousands.

1:30 am on a Saturday night is nothing high season. There would have been 100's of people milling around. Obviously "where" is important but the idea that someone leaves a bar (with 1/2 a dozen other bars within spitting distance) on the main drag, and is walking to a tourist hotel, gets picked up by 3 cops in one car and hustled away to be dropped 4 blocks away (still plenty of bars and restaurants 4 blocks away) feels wrong.

I'm am absolutely not suggesting something didn't happen. But in seven years of living here I can count on two hands the number off weird things like this happening.

Not frequent, not a trend and weird. And a gun involved? Very weird?

woody with a view - 3-3-2013 at 12:40 PM

tell him to just get on with his vacation. has he asked you to "send money" because "the cops" took all of his? maybe he's having too much fun to go home so soon!!!

if nothing else, he'll have a good story to tell his kids about that night in Cabo!

Bob and Susan - 3-3-2013 at 12:47 PM

I don't believe this "story" is true...

just another person spreading "urban myths"

willardguy - 3-3-2013 at 12:50 PM

man that light just keeps gettin dimmer!:rolleyes:

BajaDixon - 3-3-2013 at 12:52 PM

Quote:
It's funny [not haha funny] what you don't see until it happens close to home.
Before you start serving the Tourist Department Koolade, you should probably enlighten yourself to more of the full story....like spend some time reading Maggies Madness and Borderland Beat as well as other sites.

I follow that site and am very informed about what goes on in most of Baja ( I dislike Cabo so I don't know much about that area.) That said, I believe it is relatively safe for tourists to travel to Baja and visit the whales. I've been doing it for 30 years. I also spend a fair amount of time travelling the peninsula both on paved and unpaved roads. I feel safe down there for the most part. The major drawback that I see is the police. They have never harassed me but I if the a situation arose where I needed their protection I would not feel as confident in their response as in the states.

BajaBlanca - 3-3-2013 at 12:58 PM

BOB AND SUSAN " I don't believe this "story" is true...just another person spreading "urban myths"

I believe it.

Heck, a friend of mine got robber at gunpoint in POINT LOMA (San Diego nice neighborhood) at 1 in the afternoon. This was about 15 years ago and the guys were caught. My friend was a pizza deliverer at the time.

I myself have been robbed at gunpoint at 1 a.m. Lesson learned - I will never walk, even accompanied (as I was) at 1 a.m. in a big city ever again.

Mostly because I think crime sometimes happens due to being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Be glad he wasn't hurt, that is the most imp. thing.

Bajaguy gave some excellent numbers to call and make a report. Even if your son can't identify the cops, it will serve as a head's up. And who knows, maybe there are some cameras that taped it ? Nowadays there are cameras absolutely everywhere, it seems.

Cabo is such a beautiful location - as much as I love our village, I also love the feel of Cabo.

[Edited on 3-3-2013 by BajaBlanca]

Bubba - 3-3-2013 at 01:10 PM

This. I've traveled to the East Cape many, many times over the years and only spent the least amount of time possible in Cabo, usually just to fly in, grab a taxi or rental car and get out. Cabo is bad news and gets worse every year.

Quote:

Don't be an easy mark!

BajaDixon - 3-3-2013 at 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
tell him to just get on with his vacation. has he asked you to "send money" because "the cops" took all of his? maybe he's having too much fun to go home so soon!!!

if nothing else, he'll have a good story to tell his kids about that night in Cabo!

He has his own money so he doesn't need mine. I kind of like your light hearted approach. the important thing is he didn't get hurt. I remember someone else telling me the same thing happened to them about 5 years ago. It does make for a good story, I guess. But it's still ugly.

Heather - 3-3-2013 at 01:36 PM

A friend of mine got taken to the jail by the Cabo cops about 15 year ago. Guess she was a little too drunk, so spent the night there....she didn't remember much, but it was the jail out of town not the one downtown.

Funny thing about that trip...she ended up pregnant...we always blamed the cops!....OK, that was the joke...she knew who the father of her Cabo baby was!

Those were the days!

Hook - 3-3-2013 at 01:38 PM

There were more than a few stories almost identical to what your son described in Cabo in the late nineties or early 2000s, as I recall. Seems like most did involve Squid Roe exits in the wee hours. It became rather well publicized and I believe there was an official effort to curtail it. It stopped pretty quick.

Four cops probably found an opportunity to reminisce on the good ol days and your son was the unfortunate victim.

No comment on the usual "Bobism"...........but you'll get used to them, if you stick around.

sancho - 3-3-2013 at 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy
man that light just keeps gettin dimmer

That's funny, I think I can guess what it refers to,
guys that frequent TJ at nite and cross back by
foot, report on occasion they have to face 4-5
of TJ's finest waiting at the ped crossing, rule is never
have more than $5 on you, they have you empty
out your pockets. To flatly deny the truth of this
is rude, what's that line, 'nothing good happens
after midnight'

measomsan - 3-3-2013 at 01:56 PM

well we live in El Tule and go to Cabo for dinner, beach, Costco, Walmart. What we don't do is go to bars till late night hours. But best of all don't walk alone.
Going on four years with many gringos living here. Nothing has happen.
OK the Fed's tried to jack me on a stop at the airport. Ten minutes they let me go.

Be smart, keep cool, look around..

bill erhardt - 3-3-2013 at 01:58 PM

BajaDixon.....I'm glad you reported this incident on this site. There is no way to know if such incidents are isolated or represent a pattern of conduct unless people do just that.
I hope that you encourage your son to make a report to both the local police in Cabo, and state and federal authorities, as well.

BajaBlanca - 3-3-2013 at 02:03 PM

what he said.

grizzlyfsh95 - 3-3-2013 at 02:09 PM

This is a life lesson. This is how you make conservatives.
("A conservative is nothing more than a liberal who has been mugged")

fishbuck - 3-3-2013 at 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
There were more than a few stories almost identical to what your son described in Cabo in the late nineties or early 2000s, as I recall. Seems like most did involve Squid Roe exits in the wee hours. It became rather well publicized and I believe there was an official effort to curtail it. It stopped pretty quick.

Four cops probably found an opportunity to reminisce on the good ol days and your son was the unfortunate victim.

No comment on the usual "Bobism"...........but you'll get used to them, if you stick around.

I don't know if it is "Urban Myth" or not but I have heard this story before too. I think if I was in Cabo I would try to crawl home before the witching hour.
And this is from a guy that has no problem sticking my... nose... into some pretty spookey places in TJ. And I got shook down by a cop there once before I figured it out.
But I always tell friends who go to Cabo not to walk around there late at night because of the predatory cop thing.
Never really heard of any other bad things happening there except that.
Sorry to hear about and glad you son is ok.

SFandH - 3-3-2013 at 02:50 PM

This should be reported, armed robbery by cops is serious, serious, serious. Those guys need to go to jail. There probably is a tourist assistance hotline in Cabo like there is in the northern part of the peninsula. Here's a link to the northern hotline, they may be able to steer you in the right direction. Bilingual.

http://www.discoverbajacalifornia.com/078.php

mcfez - 3-3-2013 at 05:04 PM

Having owned several Nightclubs in Sacramento and San Francisco....

Never walk out of a club alone. ......especially in another country.

Your son, I am sorry for his issues with the thugs. These muggings do indeed happen in Mexico.......as well as in the good ol USA. I am a little surprised that he did not get the police car mark (number) as these thugs sped off.

DavidK gave out some solid advice for you. I'll add that any at nightclub in the world....there are issues inside and outside of it. There are risks that one takes when indulging the night scene........always go with a friend or more!

Now....teach about the wonderful Baja and it's whales!

CaboMagic - 3-3-2013 at 05:17 PM

Sorry to hear about the unfortunate and unpleasant experience.

Cabo San Lucas is paradise for some and just not for others.

David for some of us, reading your posts is akin to driving past an accident and feeling compelled to look at the bloody mess ..

Glad no personal injury involved to your son - and well put Hook.

Barry A. - 3-3-2013 at 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by CaboMagic

David for some of us, reading your posts is akin to driving past an accident and feeling compelled to look at the bloody mess ..

----and for others, Reading David's posts is the highlight of our visit to the Forum-------he is like an encyclopedia of back roads Baja Norte, and I love it!!!! ;):yes:

Yes, these "muggings" happen----everywhere-----and it pays to be careful where you are during certain times of the day and night, and be very alert-------I feel for the victims, for sure!!!

Barry

Barry

woody with a view - 3-3-2013 at 05:32 PM

Quote:
Quote:

He has his own money so he doesn't need mine. I kind of like your light hearted approach. the important thing is he didn't get hurt. I remember someone else telling me the same thing happened to them about 5 years ago. It does make for a good story, I guess. But it's still ugly.

thanks for the hug. none of us know what really happened that night so expect the full range of responses, including Bob and Susan's. they are grizzled veterans of Baja so don't discount what they have to say, even if it isn't what you wanted to hear.

millions of tourists visit Baja every year. now your family has a happy ending to share. be thankful!

micah202 - 3-3-2013 at 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mcfez
Now....teach about the wonderful Baja and it's whales!

....and how it's important to avoid the pitfalls of bordertowns,,,Cabo,,,and big cities -anywhere-!!!

CaboMagic - 3-3-2013 at 07:17 PM

Barry A - For the record its great David shares his wealth of info about things you enjoy .. however, its annoying as all get-out that because he does not enjoy/like Cabo (or perhaps its that he cant afford Cabo) he slams it at every opportunity.

Back on topic - McFez is a man of experience and thus knows from whence he speaks.

Sh*t happens everywhere - look for the good and enjoy that ...

Baja Dixon glad your son is ok and obviously with you he has a great support system.

David K - 3-3-2013 at 07:27 PM

Quote:
Barry A - For the record its great David shares his wealth of info about things you enjoy .. however, its annoying as all get-out that because he does not enjoy/like Cabo (or perhaps its that he cant afford Cabo) he slams it at every opportunity.

Back on topic - McFez is a man of experience and thus knows from whence he speaks.

Baja Dixon glad your son is ok and obviously with you he has a great support system.

Guess you missed my July Trip Report with tons of photos and good things to say about Cabo? My comment above was for anyone who feels the need to nightclub after midnight, alone... I mean he could have been killed (specially if it was in an American city)!

I like to think I have always been supportive of Cabo Magic, and include a link to it in my site. So, sorry if I didn't make it clear my comment was to people like this poor kid who the cops rolled, in that wonderful town at 1:30 am. Maybe I was too harsh... But, how about you and all the other tourism business owners in Cabo San Lucas visit the police station an lodge a serious complaint on behalf of that young man, as his story only enforces the idea of how unsafe Mexico is...??

Again, I am sorry for saying avoid Cabo if it costs you any business loss... I feel it is this thread and this man's experience that will have FAR more negative impact!

I do want to promote the good of Baja... even Cabo... that is why I said so many kind things in my July 2012 trip report. We had great fun in Cabo that day... and were back in La Paz, by dark!

DianaT - 3-3-2013 at 07:28 PM

Quote:

Don't be an easy mark!

Lots of people love Cabo and they love the party and the late hours. These things happen in lots of places-- not a good reason to boycott every place!

Curious David, upon what do you base your information and advice? How often are you in Cabo? And the comment about being an easy mark is one of those obnoxious blame the victim things --- :no:

Having met BajaDixon and knowing about him, he is certainly not a person who would sound an alarm just to sound the alarm and I well imagine he knows his son.

What is disturbing is that when someone comes on this forum to report a happening and ask if anyone knows what is happening (someone who is familiar with the area) they are instantly questioned, as is his story. The ONLY people who have a clue about what is a common happening in Cabo are those who are in Cabo. Then again, Woody put some good perspective on the whole thing.

Shoot, since we have been in BA there was an armed robbery at a local store, and attempted break-ins at a local grocery store and a construction yard --- and it is considered a very crime "free" area.

Sorry Bob that this happened to your son --- never a pleasant experience.

David K - 3-3-2013 at 07:30 PM

See my post right above which was made while you were typing.

DianaT - 3-3-2013 at 07:33 PM

Quote:
See my post right above which was made while you were typing.

It does not change anything. :no:

SFandH - 3-3-2013 at 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.

Yes, these "muggings" happen----everywhere-----

Barry

WHAT??? ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FRIGGIN' MIND?

These were uniformed cops that put a gun to the guy's head and robbed him. This doesn't happen everywhere.

Your remark and the post blaming the victim because he was out late in a bar in Cabo in the middle of the tourist zone are idiotic.

COPS USED THEIR WEAPONS TO ROB SOMEONE.

ARMED ROBBERY BY COPS!!!

This is not business as usual.

[Edited on 3-4-2013 by SFandH]

DENNIS - 3-3-2013 at 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SFandH

COPS USED THEIR WEAPONS TO ROB SOMEONE.

ARMED ROBBERY BY COPS!!!

This is not business as usual.

There's only a fine line seperating this method of armed robbery from the usual mordida and some will insist mordida is OK...a part of the culture.

SFandH - 3-3-2013 at 07:58 PM

I wouldn't call the difference between putting a gun to a guy's head and taking a bribe for an alleged traffic violation a fine line.

Amazing you don't see the difference.

DENNIS - 3-3-2013 at 08:04 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't call the difference between putting a gun to a guy's head and taking a bribe for an alleged traffic violation a fine line.

Amazing you don't see the difference.

Well...I was being facetous, but if a cop in a mordida operation wasn't wearing a gun, who would pay attention to him?
Law enforcement is all about the gun...not the badge.

Bajaboy - 3-3-2013 at 08:11 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Guess you missed my July Trip Report with tons of photos and good things to say about Cabo? My comment above was for anyone who feels the need to nightclub after midnight, alone... I mean he could have been killed (specially if it was in an American city)!

I like to think I have always been supportive of Cabo Magic, and include a link to it in my site. So, sorry if I didn't make it clear my comment was to people like this poor kid who the cops rolled, in that wonderful town at 1:30 am. Maybe I was too harsh... But, how about you and all the other tourism business owners in Cabo San Lucas visit the police station an lodge a serious complaint on behalf of that young man, as his story only enforces the idea of how unsafe Mexico is...??

Again, I am sorry for saying avoid Cabo if it costs you any business loss... I feel it is this thread and this man's experience that will have FAR more negative impact!

I do want to promote the good of Baja... even Cabo... that is why I said so many kind things in my July 2012 trip report. We had great fun in Cabo that day... and were back in La Paz, by dark!

Maybe delete your offensive report:?:

mtgoat666 - 3-3-2013 at 08:11 PM

Quote:

Sorry? Paradise for some and just not for others? Wtf?

There is nothing worse in this world than cops committing armed robbery upon people on the street. Nothing worse. These pieces of chit were hired to protect. They now think their job is to commit armed robbery upon tourists.

Wally - 3-3-2013 at 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DianaT These things happen in lots of places-- not a good reason to boycott every place!

These: "cops picking up tourists in high density nightlife locations and robbing them at gun point" types of things happen in lots of places? Really? In Cabo these things happen?

More important than lots of "oh, bad place" or "you get what you deserve" fooey, is no one in town is talking about a robbery/mugging or unusual police activity last night. Meaning no one saw it or it wasn't reported.

The OP asked for help with who to contact. Has a report been filed or complaint made? If so, what was the outcome?

This is serious chit folks! People's livelihood rely on tourism. If this was in fact a real event then chit needs to be resolved.

So, was there a person picked up somewhere close to the busiest bar in Cabo last night at 1:30 am by 3 cops and required to hand over his money at gun point or not? And, if so, what has been done about it?

That's all that matters.

Wally - 3-3-2013 at 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666

There is nothing worse in this world than cops committing armed robbery upon people on the street. Nothing worse. These pieces of chit were hired to protect. They now think their job is to commit armed robbery upon tourists.

What the hell are you talking about?

You have no proof of that.

I'm slack jawed. What an egregious comment.

mtgoat666 - 3-3-2013 at 08:18 PM

Quote:

ARMED ROBBERY BY COPS!!!

This is not business as usual

Perhaps is biz as usual in several US cities. LA has these type of cops caught annually. In USA they usually rob the poor, know better than to rob tourists

Pretty bad when it happens to tourists in a town built around tourism!

[Edited on 3-4-2013 by mtgoat666]

mtgoat666 - 3-3-2013 at 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Wally
Quote:

Did you read the thread? Started with a story about cops committing armed robbery!

Bajaboy - 3-3-2013 at 08:21 PM

So did the kid report the incident to the authorities?

Wally - 3-3-2013 at 08:33 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Wally
Quote:

Did you read the thread? Started with a story about cops committing armed robbery!

Yes, I did. And, apparently, unlike you, I don't believe everything I read on the Internet.

Did the victim report it?

If not, I'm happy to help him get to the right people to file a complaint. And the local business community will be very appreciative.

U2U me for assistance.

This nonsense is bad for business here. We need to get rid of bad cops.

mulegejim - 3-3-2013 at 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by chuckie
Second the "stay away from Cabo"part...If you want to go to Cabo, go to Newport Beach, its closer...

And less expensive.

SwissFrank - 3-3-2013 at 10:09 PM

Do you guys also blame rape victims as well?

BajaDixon - 3-3-2013 at 10:54 PM

I am advocating that my son reports this crime to the authorities that have been referenced in this thread. Hopefully he will do this first thing in the morning.

I appreciate all the positive comments and support from those who posted here. The question that has not been answered is if anyone thinks that the police may seek retribution against my son if he files a report. I tend to think that they wont because they would be under scrutiny at that point. But I'm only speculating so I'm concerned about that possibility.

Cabo Polic Officers-Baja Dixon's Post-Our Personal Experience

GilandVal - 3-3-2013 at 11:21 PM

My husband and I are 53 and 63. We rented a scooter from Amigo Scooter Rentals,unbeknownest to us they have a reputation for faulty vehicles. We crashed going down Pedregal,because of a snapped brake line, had severe skin abrasions. Guess what? The police took their side in every which way. The so called "officer" stood there and allowed the Amigos Rental manager to yell at me while he accused my husband and I of cutting the brake line and causing the accident ourselves. We are now back in the U.S. and finally feel safe to share our story.
We had asked the police to escort us to Amigo rentals to ask for a refund, but he first told us to go the the Fire Department to file a report, obviously so that he could get to scooter rental first, the Fire Department officers had no idea why we would even bother with them! After standing in the office allowing the scooter guy to berate my husband and I (my husband was not there, he was too injured and is suffering from a terminal lung disease) one of the police officers escorted me (the wife) outside and I watched through the window as he shook every one of the employees hands and then walked out of their office and, all of a sudden, he forgot how to speak English. I asked his partner to translate for me and he just shook his head like he couldn't understand a word I was saying.

They kept telling me to get into their police vehicle, but I refused and said I would walk back to their department. When I got there, at the Tourist Police Department, there was NO ONE there to help me, so I stood there, with my wounds still oozing blood for around 25 minutes. I was not offerred a chair or even invited inside. I just stood there in their "parking lot' waiting for assistance. all of a sudden there was NOT ONE officer who knew any English. When the initial officer and his partner finally showed up again they totally ignored me for another 7-8 minutes and then started drawing pictures on a piece of paper and put U.S.E. on top (U.S. Embassy?).

I think its only fair that we share these situations with fellow travelers. We have been travelling in Mexico for 11 years and this is a first for us.

Baja Dixon - One More Incident I Need to Share With You

GilandVal - 3-3-2013 at 11:30 PM

By the way, when I shared our experience with our next door neighbors, they told me of an incident that happened with their friends visiting from Idaho:

They were walking back to their condo in the evening, approximately January 5, 2013 (our incident happened about January 30th?) and they were approached by police officers accusing them of short-changing some vendors and were ordered to give them money for exchange of their arrest.

I can not corraborate the incident personally, but our neighbors didn't seem like people that would make something like that up.

Islandbuilder - 3-3-2013 at 11:38 PM

All I can say is that I'm glad your son is OK. I had been thinking that reporting the theft was a good idea, but I hadn't thought of the possibility for blow back like you just posted. Given the other reports related to your's, I wonder if the tourist police are a safe haven for tourists having trouble with bad cops?
I believe that early on in this thread someone helpfully posted a list of contacts, perhaps one of them are in a position to "insulate" complainants from possible repercussions.
Again, so glad that your son is well!

Make Noise

bajaguy - 3-4-2013 at 08:09 AM

Giland Val and BajaDixon

While the MAJORITY of the people on this board appreciate your posts of incidents that have occurred, and are willing to help out a fellow Nomad whenever possible, YOU MUST make noise at the local, state and federal levels.

These incidents MUST be reported to the local, state and federal authorities. Tourism, Police and Prosecutor. Do not forget the newspapers and any e-groups such as Baja Nomad, Talk Baja and others including the fishing and race groups, the cruise ship companies and local businesses.

Tourism is the lifeblood of Cabo.....happy tourists tell others and will come back.....unhappy tourists also tell others and is bad for business.

If you let the authorities know that you are spreading the word to the above groups, either about bad cops or rip-off merchants, they will act.........remember, it's all about $$$$$$ and Cabo can't afford to lose any .

When you report these incidents, please let us here on the Baja Nomad board know the responses you receive from your letters and/or e-mails.

BajaBlanca - 3-4-2013 at 08:44 AM

Gil and Val - very sad and disturbing story.

Perhaps we should have a list of names and numbers to call when we find ourselves needing advice/support/help in the Cabo area ???? Is there a Mexican tourist advocate or some such thing?

Baja Sur/Cabo

bajaguy - 3-4-2013 at 09:02 AM

http://www.bcs.gob.mx/

http://www.bajacalifornia.gob.mx/portal/site.jsp

http://www.seguridadbc.gob.mx/089.php

http://www.loscabosguide.com/loscabostourism.htm

Lee - 3-4-2013 at 09:56 AM

Quote:
Got a text from my son that 3 cops ( I'm assuming city cops since I haven't talked with him yet) put him in their car, held a gun to his head, and then stole his money!They then left him on the street.

This post started assuming the perps were cops. Every post after that stated the perps were cops.

Nobody has stated facts that these were really cops. It's possible they were cops, and possible they were posers.

And then the Cabo bashers jump in blaming Cabo.

You guys are jokers offering entertainment.

DavidE - 3-4-2013 at 11:15 AM

Well the answer below could separate the wheat from the chaff...

How "cops" are handled is sort of tricky. First of all your son needs to report the affair in full to the MINISTERIO PUBLICO. They are the liaison to the state police.

Then report it to the BAJA CALIFORNIA SUR OFFICE OF TOURISM, in full.

The find a GREEN ANGEL and make yet another report out which will go federal.

And the to the US CONSULATE office.

The local PD will be worried about the state cops who I guarantee, hate the local police. Then there are the cops from the municipio, the state, the feds, the tourism board, and the US Consulate.

It is VITAL to understand that EVERY meaning ALL of the above agencies have to be contacted IN PERSON, and reports filled out. If for some reason this isn't done you might as well forget about reporting the robbery at all.

One agency has to telephone the other, and then a S*** Storm is created. And it will not go away. The last thing the cop commander needs is to have all this slide downhill and bury him. After all, his "game" is a hell of a lot larger than some few hundred dollars that he never saw.

Only a FEW COPS have duty at night. So this really narrows it down. Go through the pain-in-the-butt procedure above and the culprits will be caught.

But I wonder if we'll hear another peep out of this...

DENNIS - 3-4-2013 at 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee
This post started assuming the perps were cops. Every post after that stated the perps were cops.

Well....if it quacks like a duck, why would anbody need a zoologist to tell them it's probably a duck.

CaboMagic - 3-4-2013 at 11:34 AM

What DavidE says is absolutely correct ... frustrating yes .. but still.

and what Lee said too - there is no way to know if imposters were the perps .. it may or may not surprise 'you' to know how 'easy' it is for someone in Cabo to present themselves as someone else .. too easy for official looking identifications/badges .. and weve seen many 'old' CHP cars around over the years ..

If evil-doers would only focus thier efforts towards good, what a world we would have - and I know, how unrealistic and idealistic this statement is.

Its a part of Baja/Mexico life we refer to as a tradeoff ..

Baja Dixon I reiterate the sentiments expressed.

Wiles - 3-4-2013 at 12:00 PM

Just talked with my son and there is not a whole lot of story going on.He had just left Squid Row at 1:30 am and was walking to his hotel, alone, when they scooped him up and searched him for drugs. They drove him 4 blocks into a poorer section of town, took the money in his wallet and left him there. He says they had a police vehicle and were dressed as cops.

I don't have a clue why they left his phone with him other than they probably were afraid that it had a device in it that could be traced to them.

My son has been staying in Todos Santos for 2 months and frequents the clubs in Cabo. He is not involved in drugs or any other nefarious activity. He spends most of his days at the beach with his girlfriend and another friend. I was just down there last week visiting him and they do not look or act like criminals.

This appears to simply be a case of a shakedown for his cash. It is guaranteed that he will not walks those streets alone anymore.

Quote:

Teaching a class at the local college I would suspect you would want the correct spelling....that is Gray whale, not grey whale.:yes:.

mtgoat666 - 3-4-2013 at 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Wiles
Teaching a class at the local college I would suspect you would want the correct spelling....that is Gray whale, not grey whale.:yes:.

actually, both spellings are valid. the "a" version is more common in USA

Wiles - 3-4-2013 at 12:36 PM

Quote:
Quote:

actually, gray is the most accepted version world wide. Google 'grey whale' and see what comes up. Sure, they are both valid spellings of the word, but gray whale is the accepted name of the baleen whale Eschrichtius robustus.

DENNIS - 3-4-2013 at 12:56 PM

Quote:
actually, gray is the most accepted version world wide.

Not for everybody, it seems:

http://typophile.com/files/grey-poupon.jpg

mtgoat666 - 3-4-2013 at 01:01 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

actually, gray is the most accepted version world wide. Google 'grey whale' and see what comes up. Sure, they are both valid spellings of the word, but gray whale is the accepted name of the baleen whale Eschrichtius robustus.

the whales are born in mexico, so mexican citizens, and likely speak spanish or eskimo better than they speak english,... call 'em ballena gris! that's with an "i"

Wiles - 3-4-2013 at 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
actually, gray is the most accepted version world wide.

Not for everybody, it seems:

http://typophile.com/files/grey-poupon.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

DENNIS - 3-4-2013 at 01:36 PM

Quote:
whales are born in mexico, so mexican citizens,

Does this mean we need a longer fence...one that stretches far out into the water? I don't know for sure, but I'll bet they're all illegals. How could they have documents when they don't even have pockets?

Wiles - 3-4-2013 at 01:43 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

the whales are born in mexico, so mexican citizens, and likely speak spanish or eskimo better than they speak english,... call 'em ballena gris! that's with an "i"

Aw, we just like to call them friendly.

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=65636#pid7939...

Wiles - 3-4-2013 at 01:45 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Does this mean we need a longer fence...one that stretches far out into the water? I don't know for sure, but I'll bet they're all illegals. How could they have documents when they don't even have pockets?

Great, now we have to call them ballenas mojados?? :lol::lol:

Barry A. - 3-4-2013 at 01:45 PM

Quote:
Quote:

No, no water "fence" needed, at this time. So far, tho it is a gray (grey) area, they seldom come ashore, so their "status" or possession of documents is moot. Their grayness (greyness?) is already established, however, so not to worry.

Barry

JoeJustJoe - 3-4-2013 at 02:17 PM

Now I'm not one to call BS on somebody just because they write something I don't like, and they seem to be bashing Mexico by using supposedly real events.

What I like to do in these situations is reviews a members past posts, and see if there is any negative bashing of Mexico or trolling. This is very easy to do with BajaNixon's posts, because he only has 50 here, but it appears he is also a member of another Baja desert racing forum, but I didn't review those posts, but there is nothing in BajaNixon's past that indicates that he is a Mexican basher, or isn't playing with a full deck.

I believe he sincerely believes this incident happened to his son, and it may have indeed happened, and may even be an isolated incident. Now for "Nomad" members, we don't know BajaNixon's son, and there is no way to judge him other than to believe his father, who says his son is a good boy, and doesn't use drugs. Although it sure looks like his son is a party boy up in Squid Row at 1:30am and probably drinking?

Sometimes parents are the last to know about their children's private life or if they do drugs. I myself was shocked to learn that all my children at one time were into recreational drugs use at parties and clubs of at least marijuana and perhaps something stronger! ( I have great kids, two are either law school graduates or college graduates) I remember reading up on another adult children of another banned member from Nomads, and his son openly talked about "Mushrooms" and I'm not talking about the ones you put on salads. If a kid isn't abusing alcohol, and at least smoking weed, they may be lying to you.

According to the US State Department there is "no advisory is in effect," in Cabo San Lucas and La Paz, and should be considered very safe for Americans to travel to Cabo.

What BajaNixon talked about his son getting hijacked by cops with a gun to his head, and then robbed is not the typical behavior of even corrupt Mexican cops.

The question you have to ask is why would any corrupt Mexican cops do that to an American tourist, when most likely the American tourist is going to file a police complaint, especially if he is left without a cent?

The way Mexican cops usually work, and this has happened to me in Tijuana a few times is. The corrupt cops ask you a series of questions after looking in your wallet and seeing how much money you have. They ask you want you're doing in Mexico, and what you do for a living. They try to gauge how much they could steal from you, without you being so outraged that you would complain about them. They rarely will take all your money from you wallet, because if they do you're more likely to file a complaint against them.

Now rateros and Mexican gang bangers do prey on drunk or weak looking gringos exiting from bars who are unaware of their surroundings. Corrupt Mexican cops also look for illegal activity of their victims, because they know their tourist victims are unlikely to file a complaint against them.

But I would like to stress this type of corrupt Mexican cop activity is way way down in Tijuana, and probably happens very little in Cabo. BTW I don't really like Cabo, because it reminds me too much of Marina Del Rey in Los Angeles, with those high prices to match, but I love the weather in Cabo in the winter months and it's not that far away by plane, and so I visit about every other year. Again Cabo is very safe, and there is no advisory in effect at all in Cabo.

If BajaNixon wants to give his talk about traveling in Mexico to see the grey whales, that's great. But if he feels differently now, that's OK too. Mexico had about 20,000 million visitors the last two years, and one negative story about Mexico is going to break or make Mexico.

I want to make it clear. I'm not bashing or calling BajaNixon or his son a liar. I'm just saying what he reported isn't typically reported, and I'm looking at the big picture and what I know that typically happens in these kind of cases. And for us, it's just another second hand report, and we may not have all the facts.

DENNIS - 3-4-2013 at 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
they seldom come ashore, so their "status" or possession of documents is moot.

Ohh yeah...it all comes back now....the wet feet...er...fins...dry fins thing that was first put in place for the Cubans. :light:

DENNIS - 3-4-2013 at 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JoeJustJoe
I want to make it clear. I'm not bashing or calling BajaNixon or his son a liar. I'm just saying what he reported isn't typically reported, and I'm looking at the big picture and what I know that typically happens in these kind of cases. And for us, it's just another second hand report, and we may not have all the facts.

What I think, unmentioned until now, is that personal opinions, based on nothing but feeding frenzy emotion, should be kept to oneself. How is a parent supposed to feel when bringing a story of his son's potentially tragic encounter with anybody, and basically being called a liar?
To make matters worse, he's being given up for the sake of a Cabo image.
Those here who find a good fit with that shoe should be ashamed of yourselves.
The tragedy that is American Solidarity strikes again.

DavidE - 3-4-2013 at 03:31 PM

Follow the tips I posted above and things will happen. If they were imposters, there are going to be legions of peeed-off cops, The Ministerio Publico and feds after them. Arms are going to be twisted, threats made, yelling, stamping and slamming. You want justice? There pretty much isn't any other way to get it down here.

I am not implying Cabo Cops pulled off such a stunt. What I am implying is by jumping through the hoops, the kid will start enough uproar to get things done. Now if the kids shies away from doing it, then there may be more to this than meets the eye. Didn't spend a decade as a Deputy Sheriff supervisor (reserves) for nothing. Let us see what happens, or not.

willardguy - 3-4-2013 at 03:51 PM

how about deputy reserve dawg mosey on down to cabo and strike fear in the hearts of law enforcement, you know, like in tecate!:lol:

DavidE - 3-4-2013 at 04:11 PM

Never paid one centavo of mordida in 49 years willi boy. Not even in Mexico where the city cops are nasty.

Bajatripper - 3-4-2013 at 05:18 PM

Quote:
has he asked you to "send money" because "the cops" took all of his?

:lol::lol:

willardguy - 3-4-2013 at 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidE
Never paid one centavo of mordida in 49 years willi boy. Not even in Mexico where the city cops are nasty.
who said anything about mordida? dont you claim to "play those jerks like a 12 string"? im just suggesting send the master down there to clean up the town!;D

Bajatripper - 3-4-2013 at 05:42 PM

Quote:
There is nothing worse in this world than cops committing armed robbery upon people on the street. Nothing worse.

I can think of a chitload of worse things than being robbed at gunpoint by the cops. Having one's head chopped off and thrown on the dancefloor to send a message comes to mind.

http://www.periodistasenlinea.org/modules.php?op=modload&...

Or perhaps the last moments of Mohammar Gadhafi's life-- you know, the part of getting a knife shoved up his rectum while he was still alive--would also qualify, in my view.

That's not to undermine the seriousness of what happened to this kid, but let's not get too carried away with hyperbole.

DavidE - 3-4-2013 at 05:55 PM

Only a fool would look for trouble. Learning how to handle what comes what may is perhaps the best method. There are an overwhelming number of people who get mistreated and then like a whipped dog, run for the border. And perhaps an equal number of people who seem to feel slighted (not this case though) and then scream even though they are guilty of breaking the law.

I had a couple of Cabo's finest inquire of me if I was "borracho" because I was weaving when I walked. (2011). I told them "tengo disibilidad". The passenger cop exited the squad car and helped me load groceries into my car.

But cops hitting on single people walking alone from the borracherias in early morning hours has been a Cabo San Lucas tradition for what, thirty years or more? It's almost a caricature of fable. There are other places in México where this is fact, Veracruz, and Mazatlán are a couple more. Downtown Ciudad Cancún is another place to avoid walking alone in the early morning hours.

No it does not excuse infamous behavior by the cops. But taking a leak on a deserted beach at midnight and then getting spotlighted by the cops will set a person back a hundred and fifty dollars, pesos gladly accepted.

"Why is this cop car stopping next to me?
I cannot understand a word they are saying. What does borracho mean.
Hey you can't just grab me and put me in the back seat like this.
Why did we stop here?
Man, I ain't drunk enough for this! What are you babbling?
Yeah I got my wallet
Hey! Jerk! That's my money you're taking!
They got what they wanted, now they let me go.
Might as well have pulled a gun on me"

Mexican law on public drunkenness is strict. Being drunk is defined as weaving while walking no matter how slight. You weave and slur and smell like booze you are eligible to be arrested (detener). Being arrested for being drunk is not cheap. A night in jail and a hundred or more dollars. Crooked cops will take a bite which actually serves to save the individual a night in jail and losing even more money in the deal.

It is illegal in almost all of Mexico to drink in public. Period. Exceptions, beach, bullring, etc. But not on the street.

So what was stated above is to say the least NOT CLEAR. If it was a clear robbery then put the machinery in motion. If someone broke the law, then take the lumps and grin. But crooked cops, ones who rob the innocent are un cabello de color diferente.

Lee and CaboMagic

GilandVal - 3-4-2013 at 09:47 PM

How dare you . . . we are 53 and 63 years old. Upstanding members of society. In our situation, we were physically at the Cabo San Lucas Police Department, with oozing wounds. All of a sudden there was no one at the Tourist Police Department who knew an ounce of English. This happened and we have many photos to prove it. Feel free to send me your email address and I will send you photos. After you view the photos I only ask that you post an apology. Keep in mind that I find this situation SO important that I am chosing to deal with this along with my husband's terminal illness.

BajaDixon - 3-4-2013 at 09:59 PM

Here is the latest on this story. Last night my son was going to take BajaGuy's advise and begin calling those agencies. He had a change of heart this morning for several reasons, the most prominent being that he is scheduled to spend another month in the area and he fears either retribution from the guilty party or perhaps some of their associates. So, the punks get a free ride.

Although I would like to see these a-holes brought up on charges I certainly support my son's decision. He's on their turf and therefore is at a distinct disadvantage. So be it.

I'd like to comment on the posts to this thread. For those of you who were supportive- you have my gratitude. For those who questioned every little detail and harbored doubts- it's really a shame. I came onto this forum hoping for support in my families time of need and instead got abused. It's a very sad thing.

Bajaboy - 3-4-2013 at 10:07 PM

Quote:
Here is the latest on this story. Last night my son was going to take BajaGuy's advise and begin calling those agencies. He had a change of heart this morning for several reasons, the most prominent being that he is scheduled to spend another month in the area and he fears either retribution from the guilty party or perhaps some of their associates. So, the punks get a free ride.

Although I would like to see these a-holes brought up on charges I certainly support my son's decision. He's on their turf and therefore is at a distinct disadvantage. So be it.

I'd like to comment on the posts to this thread. For those of you who were supportive- you have my gratitude. For those who questioned every little detail and harbored doubts- it's really a shame. I came onto this forum hoping for support in my families time of need and instead got abused. It's a very sad thing.

It's a sad thing that your son is not doing the right thing. His inaction will only embolden the perps to seek out others. Just my two cents.

Islandbuilder - 3-4-2013 at 10:07 PM

Quote:

I totally understand both your reaction and your son's choice. You received some very good and specific advice, and, sadly, some flack that is fairly normal here.

In part, some of the nay sayers have been in Baja for a long time, and have heard lots of stories repeated over a few beers that didn't hold up in the scruitiny of sunrise.

I hope that you will decide to stay around here, because of the positive support you got, and in spite of the orifi.

CaboMagic - 3-4-2013 at 10:46 PM

Ummm --- GilandVal How dare we what? I did not comment nor post a reply to your situation .. now that I have read your post to Cabomagic and Lee, its awful you went thru a clearly traumatic experience. You dont need to send me any photos as I dont need nor want to see them - but thanks for the offer.

It does not surprise me that at a time like you described that suddenly 'lociento no habla engles' was the environment you encountered .. that is another example of what I refer to as 'tradeoff'.

I neither apologize for nor excuse the behavior - I was not involved with it - I dont doubt what you write is true - I dont know you but certainly would not one to accuse you of telling a tall tale.

I hope you and your husband recover and put the experience behind you..

I assure you I wish you only the best .. and send good thoughts to you and your husband.

[Edited on 3-5-2013 by CaboMagic]

Huh?

Dave - 3-5-2013 at 12:20 AM

Quote:

Explain the sanity in being robbed by the police then extending your vacation?

Islandbuilder - 3-5-2013 at 12:39 AM

Vacationing in Todos Santos, robbed in Cabo. A world away.

measomsan - 3-5-2013 at 07:39 AM

Makes the whole thing more wack. Why stay in the area of cabo or Todo. Well I have read many post that come in here and bring stories. Some are just that stories. Not sayin this one is but not reporting it.....

I'm here more than anywhere else. Get along fine. Hope others do as well

naysayers

volcano - 3-5-2013 at 07:46 AM

I can't believe the naysayers, and I am no Mexico basher either. All I can think is they have never had an unsavory experience themselves. Obviously they and their son love Mexico, good and bad...and understand the possibilities of further dealings with dirty cops.

BajaBlanca - 3-5-2013 at 08:10 AM

the way I read the post is that bajadixon's son was ALREADY intending to spend more vacation time down south. He simply does not want to make a police report now. and who can blame him. revenge is a horrible thing and retaliation could then really ruin the rest of his vacation.

and furthermore, he can still file a report to the powers that be right before he leaves. That is still an option.

SwissFrank - 3-5-2013 at 09:02 AM

Quote:

Don't be an easy mark!

David, How can I ever believe that your posts are sincere after reading both of these? Avoid Cabo, or go there and support the businesses of your friends?

JoeJustJoe - 3-5-2013 at 09:39 AM

I'm having more and more problems with this story as I read it. Here are some of my trouble spots:

BD wrote: Got a text from my son that 3 cops ( I'm assuming city cops since I haven't talked with him yet) put him in their car, held a gun to his head, and then stole his money!They then left him on the street.
---------
I know young kids like to text, but this is a major criminal act. Why didn't BajaNixon's son call him on the telephone as soon as it happened, and why was BajaNixon's first response seemed to be telling Nomad members sketchy information instead of calling is son, asking him if he was alright, and getting more information?

BN wrote: My son has been staying in Todos Santos for 2 months and frequents the clubs in Cabo. He is not involved in drugs or any other nefarious activity. He spends most of his days at the beach with his girlfriend and another friend. I was just down there last week visiting him and they do not look or act like criminals.

BN wroteLHe has his own money so he doesn't need mine.

Life must be nice for BajaNixon's son who has already spend 2 months on the Cabo beaches with his girlfriend, and another friend.

How does this young adult afford to spend two months on a beach with no visible means of support, because his Dad says he has his own money. I told my underemployed son with a part time job this story, and he wants to know how this young adult could afford to do this in one of the most expensive parts of Mexico, because my son would like to do that too. Is the kid rich, and the thieving violent cops had him marked, or was this a random event?

BN wrote: Here is the latest on this story. Last night my son was going to take BajaGuy's advise and begin calling those agencies. He had a change of heart this morning for several reasons, the most prominent being that he is scheduled to spend another month in the area and he fears either retribution from the guilty party or perhaps some of their associates. So, the punks get a free ride.

Unbelievable that a band of corrupt Cabo cops would put a gun to your head, rob you, and then leave you with no money, except for your cell phone that you could have used right away and called the Mexican emergency numbers.

Now BajaNixon's son doesn't want to call the police, because the police, or fake, poser police might want to seek revenge, and interfere with BajaNixon's plans on spending another month on the beach and in the clubs with his girlfriend.

Now I could see getting hit up by a corrupt Mexican cop for a few bucks, and then not wanting to call the police about it, but in this case the bad guys put a gun to the guys head, or that's the story we are being told.

What I would do if one of my son's lead a charmed life like this, is tell him, to report the crime, give them your phone number, and move on to another beach with clubs and your girlfriend, and if he worked from his computer, take the laptop with you.

We have nothing to corroborate this story, no police report, no newspaper article, nothing except an anonymous poster, with little history reporting a second hand story, although that person is his son.

If this story is real, the father needs to talk some sense into the boy to tell the police about it, because they may in fact be fake police roaming the streets looking for another victims. It does nobody any good telling this story on a "Baja forum" and getting your feelings hurt if somebody doesn't believe the story you're telling.

[Edited on 3-5-2013 by JoeJustJoe]

David K - 3-5-2013 at 09:51 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by SwissFrank

Don't be an easy mark!

David, How can I ever believe that your posts are sincere after reading both of these? Avoid Cabo, or go there and support the businesses of your friends?

Well Frank, I was expressing that 'avoid Cabo' part to young people who want to hit the bars late at night, alone. You can do that anywhere, so why pick a foreign country with a bad reputation in the media? It was a tongue-in-cheek comment, and I thought others here would have realized who I was addressing it to. My bad.

Those that actually read my trip reports here KNOW I was in Cabo last summer, and had a great time.

rts551 - 3-5-2013 at 10:35 AM

David,
you were in Cabo for a few hours once in the last How many years? How does that qualify you for advice on safety (or anything else for that matter). Wouldn't it be better to let people who are much more familiar with the territory provide advice?

David K - 3-5-2013 at 10:48 AM

My biggest fan folks... following me all over Baja Nomad!:lol:

TMW - 3-5-2013 at 12:19 PM

If I was the kid I'd report it then get out of Dodge. There are lots of great places in Baja and Baja Sur to vacation.

Islandbuilder - 3-5-2013 at 12:21 PM

It must be nice to have such dedicated fans David! Good to know you're having an impact.:bounce:

DENNIS - 3-5-2013 at 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TW
If I was the kid I'd report it then get out of Dodge. There are lots of great places in Baja and Baja Sur to vacation.

Report what? Who wouldn't deny it? It's the word of three Mexican police officers against that of one "had been drinking" American.
Talk about a stacked deck.

TMW - 3-5-2013 at 12:52 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by TW

Report what? Who wouldn't deny it? It's the word of three Mexican police officers against that of one "had been drinking" American.
Talk about a stacked deck.

I know, but I'd still do it. If no one else at least the American Consulate.

DENNIS - 3-5-2013 at 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TW
I know, but I'd still do it. If no one else at least the American Consulate.

They will be the last ones to care. They're only down here for the interest of American business.

Pages:  1