BajaNomad

....the COMPLETE TRAINCRASH thread............

Pages:  1  

micah202 - 7-15-2014 at 11:09 PM

... I don't know who changed the thread title from what I posted -I certainly was NOT consulted on such a change. I am re-titling the thread to accurately reflect the content of the thread...there is no person referred to in the title--as there should not be...the thread is simply a complete traincrash--hence the name.

....I am truly regretful to the Patton Family that my effort to support their fundraising has become such an insane mess.

....some news from the family,,,,and a fundraiser link http://www.plumfund.com/pf/zp5op

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=69117&pag...

...personally I have no concern how the family spends the money raised,,,whether it's a search or a wake.....it's a constructive way to 'raise a glass' for Gary and his family.

...I can't understand why anyone who's visited the thread,,followed the story,,,felt for the family,,,even filled some sort of internet obsession wouldn't throw in just for the sake of it!

...thought I'd post here,,in case some of you might wish to contribute to resolution,,,but are somewhat tired of checking th'thread

[Edited on 7-19-2014 by micah202]

[Edited on 7-20-2014 by BajaNomad]

[Edited on 7-21-2014 by micah202]

BajaLuna - 7-15-2014 at 11:40 PM

thanks for sharing this, Micah!

I wish for continued healing and answers for the Patton family.

Hook - 7-16-2014 at 06:46 AM

Maybe you could edit and spell his name correctly.

DENNIS - 7-16-2014 at 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
Maybe you could edit and spell his name correctly.

It's OK. when readers get to the word, "FUNDRAISER," they'll stop reading.

micah202 - 7-16-2014 at 07:57 AM

...there 'Hook' ,,,I hope your morning gets better now :biggrin::biggrin:

EnsenadaDr - 7-16-2014 at 06:40 PM

If my money is going to the Rancher and I never find out what happened to it I would not consider it. I believe all moneys that were given to anyone on this board should be accounted for and we all have the right to know where our money goes.

chuckie - 7-16-2014 at 07:04 PM

"Chuckie Fund raiser" Wine and Italian dry salami..U2U for details

woody with a view - 7-16-2014 at 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
If my money is going to the Rancher and I never find out what happened to it I would not consider it. I believe all moneys that were given to anyone on this board should be accounted for and we all have the right to know where our money goes.

that's how I feel about paying the IRS....:light:

EnsenadaDr - 7-16-2014 at 07:38 PM

Hahaha...good to see things are back to normal around here!!:bounce:

micah202 - 7-16-2014 at 09:50 PM

....personally I have no concern how the family spends the money raised,,,whether it's a search or a wake.....it's a constructive way to 'raise a glass' for Gary and his family.

...I can't understand why anyone who's visited the thread,,followed the story,,,felt for the family,,,even filled some sort of internet obsession wouldn't throw in just for the sake of it!

[Edited on 7-17-2014 by micah202]

EnsenadaDr - 7-16-2014 at 11:53 PM

Well go ahead Micah you are welcome to become the very first contributor, don't let me stop you, and don't be shy, you can give as much as you like without the fear of being singled out.

micah202 - 7-17-2014 at 12:32 PM

...ummm,,thanks for the permission Doc--didn't know I needed it,,,already did such. It's good to see others are as well,,,whether it be for further search,,or just a hearty wake for Gary----methinks a good cause!...I'm of modest means these days or I would have given lots more...god knows they deserve it after going through what they went through,,,let alone enduring this 'discussion'. I hope you find a way to be a little less sarcastic with staff and patients in your professional life.

http://www.plumfund.com/pf/zp5op
Missing Gary Patton
Our search continues for Gary D. Patton, our father, grandfather, brother, uncle, former husband, dearest friend and bud, Vietnam Army Vet, missing since 9-5-2013, last seen vacationing in his beloved Baja Mexico. Efforts continue in our family's search for Gary in hiring detectives, search & rescue teams, local area resident farmers & police/miltary, publishing photo ads, possibly offering rewards for information or evidence. The family has exhausted resources after nearly a year now, w/6 trips @ 800 miles each, private Investigation fees, but we know we cannot give up. See NAMUS.gov Case22480 for validation and BajaTimes.com, March-April issues. Our deepest heartfelt gratitude to you and yours ---from Gary's family who are still trying and praying every day. (Any unused funds will go to orphanages in Baja as the children there were always on Gary's mind each trip he made every year.)

Mula - 7-17-2014 at 01:00 PM

And has $71 donated by 3 people in 41 days.

BajaLuna - 7-17-2014 at 02:38 PM

this is the first I heard of the fundraiser, just yesterday when Micah and Blanca posted what they did. Thanks Blanca and Micah!

IMHO, there certainly needs to be an accounting of money given to non-profits, but for this? WOW come on now, seriously? I personally could care less what they do with the money, I will just trust that there is a need in order to raise money to find answers, and I can get behind that!

Doc, have you ever heard of giving to just give with no thought of what you would get back or what you require from it? If one can lighten another's day or one's load that they are carrying, it is a good thing. Let's not taint all of this, there's already been so much of that.

Life works on a boomerang principle, it's simple really. And it's the intention not the face-value of the gift in the grand scheme of things. And ya know, kindness IS a currency!

"plant a kernel of wheat and you reap a pint, plant a pint and you reap a bushel, always the law works to give you back more than you give".

"he who obtains has little, he who scatters has much"
Lao-Tzu

DENNIS - 7-17-2014 at 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaLuna

"plant a kernel of wheat and you reap a pint,

Beer...that is. :biggrin:

BajaLuna - 7-17-2014 at 02:47 PM

LOL!!!

micah202 - 7-17-2014 at 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:

"plant a kernel of wheat and you reap a pint,

Beer...that is. :biggrin:

......that would be umm,,wheatbeer--unless you plant barley!

....thanks for filling-in some perspective Ba-Luna!

EnsenadaDr - 7-17-2014 at 10:12 PM

I am sarcastic? You sent me 2 U2U's with movie clips on people demanding where the money went. Why don't you post the link you sent me as a joke?
Quote:
Originally posted by micah202
...ummm,,thanks for the permission Doc--didn't know I needed it,,,already did such. It's good to see others are as well,,,whether it be for further search,,or just a hearty wake for Gary----methinks a good cause!...I'm of modest means these days or I would have given lots more...god knows they deserve it after going through what they went through,,,let alone enduring this 'discussion'. I hope you find a way to be a little less sarcastic with staff and patients in your professional life.

http://www.plumfund.com/pf/zp5op
Missing Gary Patton
Our search continues for Gary D. Patton, our father, grandfather, brother, uncle, former husband, dearest friend and bud, Vietnam Army Vet, missing since 9-5-2013, last seen vacationing in his beloved Baja Mexico. Efforts continue in our family's search for Gary in hiring detectives, search & rescue teams, local area resident farmers & police/miltary, publishing photo ads, possibly offering rewards for information or evidence. The family has exhausted resources after nearly a year now, w/6 trips @ 800 miles each, private Investigation fees, but we know we cannot give up. See NAMUS.gov Case22480 for validation and BajaTimes.com, March-April issues. Our deepest heartfelt gratitude to you and yours ---from Gary's family who are still trying and praying every day. (Any unused funds will go to orphanages in Baja as the children there were always on Gary's mind each trip he made every year.)

micah202 - 7-17-2014 at 10:32 PM

..ummm,,Doctor...if you follow the clip more attentively,,the main line is very clear,,,''YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH''--good ole Jack spells it out pretty clear.....nothing at all about 'where's the money' as you seem to have picked up!:?:...not sure how you got that context at all.
....I hope you keep things straighter in your professional context:o;D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j2F4VcBmeo

...maybe it's best you consider -this- thread to be the thread that's doing fundraising by those that offer non-conditional support of the Patton cause,,,,,the -other- thread for sleuthing and conspiracies--how's that?!? ;D;D

.....it's great to see 5 contributions now--a good start!

Quote:
I am sarcastic? You sent me 2 U2U's with movie clips on people demanding where the money went. Why don't you post the link you sent me as a joke?
Quote:

[Edited on 7-18-2014 by micah202]

EnsenadaDr - 7-18-2014 at 12:09 PM

well hopefully you gave a substantial donation but judging by 3 people giving $71 I don't think so. And no, we've had a few fundraisers here where no one feels they owe the donors an explanation of where the money goes so no I will not donate to that cause under those conditions.
Quote:
..ummm,,Doctor...if you follow the clip more attentively,,the main line is very clear,,,''YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH''--good ole Jack spells it out pretty clear.....nothing at all about 'where's the money' as you seem to have picked up!:?:...not sure how you got that context at all.
....I hope you keep things straighter in your professional context:o;D

...maybe it's best you consider -this- thread to be the thread that's doing fundraising by those that offer non-conditional support of the Patton cause,,,,,the -other- thread for sleuthing and conspiracies--how's that?!? ;D;D

.....it's great to see 5 contributions now--a good start!

Quote:
Quote:

[Edited on 7-18-2014 by micah202]

greengoes - 7-18-2014 at 12:38 PM

Quote:
Hahaha...good to see things are back to normal around here!!:bounce:

Yup.

shari - 7-18-2014 at 05:12 PM

DR...your comment about the donation is really really tacky and mean. It is not the amount given that matters, it is the fact that people want to help out.. People give what they can spare to causes they are interested in.

I don't give a pinch of coon chite if you don't want to donate but I find it repulsive how you demean others who are trying to help...I dont usually get steamed but this really got my goat.

EnsenadaDr - 7-18-2014 at 06:23 PM

Shari I know you and Ron Hoff are thick as thieves but many who contributed to his cause also never got an explanation as to where the donations went and so I don't have any inclination to join the most popular clic, I never did in high school and I don't feel I need to now. I asked a question earlier of Lizard Lips and he castigated me on the Board telling me there was "no way in Hell" he would let me contact the Rancher to ask him where the money went from the family that was supposed to be used as searcher money and the family hasn't mentioned it either. It hurts me very much that poor Gary was lost in the desert and his car left intact and so that is why I got so involved in this. But there has been a precedence of starting a collection for admittedly tragic cases of members of this board from retired members on low budgets and then basically telling anyone who asks where the money went that their wife or family doesn't want any invasion of privacy after the money was accepted. I am not mean, I just don't want anymore Nomads to contribute without an accounting for and what is mean is to encourage others to give without knowing where their hard earned money went.
Quote:
Originally posted by shari
DR...your comment about the donation is really really tacky and mean. It is not the amount given that matters, it is the fact that people want to help out.. People give what they can spare to causes they are interested in.

I don't give a pinch of coon chite if you don't want to donate but I find it repulsive how you demean others who are trying to help...I dont usually get steamed but this really got my goat.

danaeb - 7-18-2014 at 06:32 PM

It's none of your effing business Doctora. You were never "involved".

Lizard Lips and Bajaguy were involved. All the people who put up flyers up and down the peninsula were involved. All the people who checked on the truck were involved. All the people who contacted locals in restaurants and bars and fish camps were involved. All the people who have chosen to contribute are involved. You are not and never were "involved".

[Edited on 7-19-2014 by danaeb]

dtbushpilot - 7-18-2014 at 06:51 PM

I hope she doesn't learn how to post cartoons..:o:o:o

EnsenadaDr - 7-18-2014 at 06:56 PM

I am involved because Lizard Lips told me to go down and investigate. I didn't get paid like he did and he wouldn't give me any information on how to find the Rancher so that was impossible. Please refrain from the profanities please.
Quote:
Originally posted by danaeb
It's none of your effing business Doctora. You were never "involved".

Lizard Lips and Bajaguy were involved. All the people who put up flyers up and down the peninsula were involved. All the people who checked on the truck were involved. All the people who contacted locals in restaurants and bars and fish camps were involved. All the people who have chosen to contribute are involved. You are not and never were "involved".

[Edited on 7-19-2014 by danaeb]

Hook - 7-18-2014 at 07:14 PM

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...............

JAW-NENE!!!!

Ateo - 7-18-2014 at 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dtbushpilot

That was big time LOL when I read that.

liknbaja127 - 7-18-2014 at 07:34 PM

Shari, "coon chite".... that's cool Brenda wants to know if she can steal that line :bounce:

Jaybo - 7-18-2014 at 07:42 PM

Quote:
I am involved because Lizard Lips told me to go down and investigate. I didn't get paid like he did and he wouldn't give me any information on how to find the Rancher so that was impossible. Please refrain from the profanities please.

Did LL ask you to go investigate FOR HIM? Or did he say to go investigate for yourself if you want answers? Sheesh. It's a crowdfunding, if you want to fund, Awesome! If you don't, DON'T. Belittling the cause and others who contribute all because you don't agree how everything has been done in the past is not just petty, it's vindictive. You can be a really helpful person, or you can be a real itch with a capital B. I want to like you, but your thread crapping and general obnoxiousness that descends into visciousness when you get called out keeps me from that. I know you don't care and I'll go back to my usual lurking and STFU.

micah202 - 7-18-2014 at 08:32 PM

...wow TarDoc....I think PBS should have you on their next fundraiser....telling people why NOT to Contribute.....6 people for $191 ---frankly I'm surprised there's not more people donating just to irritate you! :P:P :rolleyes:

greengoes - 7-18-2014 at 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...............

Sol thinks it may be cyclical, like moon phases.

micah202 - 7-18-2014 at 08:43 PM

.....let's be really clear as I suggested at the beginning of this thread that this fundraiser is for the Pattons to use as they see fit...whether it be a search,,or a 'wake' in whatever form that may take,,or a holiday in th'BAJAmas!!!! ...capiche?

....maybe it could be called a chicken coop initiative :biggrin::biggrin:

Quote:
..........blah-blah snip....... But there has been a precedence of starting a collection for admittedly tragic cases of members of this board from retired members on low budgets and then basically telling anyone who asks where the money went that their wife or family doesn't want any invasion of privacy after the money was accepted. ......blahdy blahdy -snip-
Quote:

BajaLuna - 7-18-2014 at 09:05 PM

Doc, people can give what they can afford to give if the choose to give at all.
Why does it have to be a "substantial" amount, like you said to Micah? It is not the amount that matters, people give what they can or not. And if they are ok with their dollars not being accounted for, then why aren't you?

Perhaps if you need an accounting in order to give from your heart, then perhaps give somewhere else, a non profit perhaps? there are many places who need your "hard earned dollars"!

danaeb, you are sooo right!

shari - 7-18-2014 at 09:10 PM

Well Janene...you know very little about Ron & I as we arent thick as theives...I have met the man in person...ummm...lets see...I think it's three times now. Although it would certainly be a great pleasure and honour to be tighter with Ron but distance prevents it unfortunately.

I do have alot of respect for Ron and have communicated with him online...so please dont comment on something you know NOTHING about....and what this has to do with this issue is beyond me.

BUT yes...I did help out a person who once helped me out by calling my daughter who was closer and could assist him and his wife who definitely needed some support. I would do the same for most people...even ones I have never met.

If you knew me you would know that I am a helpful person when I can be, however I can. I donate prizes for worthy causes and have donated some funds to what I consider a worthy cause. Here in Mexico, that's how things work...people help each other unconditionally with no expectations on getting something in return or accountability...next time it could be you lying in a ditch.

[Edited on 7-19-2014 by shari]

DianaT - 7-18-2014 at 09:20 PM

Amazing how much BS is thrown around here about who helps others and how. Just amazing when so many expect to be compensated for everything they do. The BS is thick.

What ever happened to Gary is indeed a sad thing and the details may never be known which is so very sad for the family.

vgabndo - 7-18-2014 at 10:00 PM

The Doc. knew where the bones were all along. All the deranged lip-flapping was just a cover.

micah202 - 7-18-2014 at 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vgabndo
The Doc. knew where the bones were all along. All the deranged lip-flapping was just a cover.

.....a (not so) patient? :o:O

MMc - 7-18-2014 at 11:03 PM

Quote:
Well Janene...you know very little about Ron & I as we arent thick as theives...I have met the man in person...ummm...lets see...I think it's twice now. I do have alot of respect for Ron and have communicated with him online...so please dont comment on something you know NOTHING about....and what this has to do with this issue is beyond me.

BUT yes...I did help out a person who once helped me out by calling my daughter who was closer and could assist him and his wife who definitely needed some support. I would do the same for most people...even ones I have never met.
If you knew me you would know that I am a helpful person when I can be, however I can. I donate prizes for worthy causes and have donated some funds to what I consider a worthy cause. Here in Mexico, that's how things work...people help each other unconditionally with no expectations on getting something in return or accountability...next time it could be you lying in a ditch.
I think it is pretty obvious this that both these people have a lot in common, they both go way over the top top to help out folks when ever they can. Good dr. feel free to step up like both of these fine people and HELP WITH OUT STRINGS like they have....Until you are going out of your way to help, please keep quiet. Both Gringo and Sheri have gone above and beyond the call of duty. I hold them in high regard. Please try not to cast stones until you have helped as many as they have without reward.Some of us help when and where we can, and prefer not to post about it, I don't think that is your "M.O." if it is please correct me. I wish I could help like these do.

[Edited on 7-19-2014 by MMc]

EnsenadaDr - 7-19-2014 at 09:45 AM

Very nice answer Shari I appreciate your politeness. Your response was very well written and thought out. We are all here to say what we think. I know we have new members everyday here and I encourage others to give if that is what they want to do. But as the late great Ronald Reagan said, "Trust but verify". I have gotten some very nasty U2U's from Ron as well as Lizard Lips when I started asking questions PRIVATELY and they felt the need to respond PUBLICLY in certain instances all for the purpose of embarrassing me and/or intimidating me to shut up. I didn't broadcast my "sensitive" questions until they felt the need to insult me or felt I didn't deserve an answer. If that was the case, Ron should have told me you know what, I will have what I want on my Facebook page and I don't feel I need to give you an answer. Instead, I was insulted and blocked. Grammar school stuff? You betcha. So Shari, your response is an exemplary response on yes we disagree but state our opinions calmly and explain our points of views and share information that we feel is incorrect. Thank you. Am I upset? Yes I am. I feel that we should ALL be able to question without threats, public insults and intimidation.
Quote:
Well Janene...you know very little about Ron & I as we arent thick as theives...I have met the man in person...ummm...lets see...I think it's three times now. Although it would certainly be a great pleasure and honour to be tighter with Ron but distance prevents it unfortunately.

I do have alot of respect for Ron and have communicated with him online...so please dont comment on something you know NOTHING about....and what this has to do with this issue is beyond me.

[Edited on 7-19-2014 by shari]

micah202 - 7-19-2014 at 10:44 AM

...from Ensenada Detector....'' I know we have new members everyday here and I encourage others to give if that is what they want to do. But blah,,blah...''

...........I'm sure glad that any 'new members' probably read enough to see through your hollow,,cynical gibberish

......thanks Ducktar your efforts seem to be having a positive result-fundraising is moving nicely.....$241 from 7 contributors

BajaLuna - 7-19-2014 at 11:02 AM

with all due respect, you've done a fine job of embarrassing yourself!
You brought it all onto yourself! So why go into blame and victim-ness mode?

umm perhaps take some personal responsibility on what YOU have brought to the table and lent to the discussion that was not exactly helpful nor positive and more importantly so very non-compassionate. Blaming everyone else and staying attached to one's victim-ness IS grammar school stuff, Doc!

And I wouldn't say someone being blocked is grammar school stuff, it's really just a matter of personal choice not to engage with certain people. It's very mature (and healthy) IMHO, to put up personal space boundaries!

Doc, you might think about brushing up on some bedside manners! Just an observation!

EnsenadaDr - 7-19-2014 at 11:06 AM

I'm happy for the Patton family I guess your contribution was the biggest since you are the most vocal. Can I have your permission to post your U2U's you sent me regarding I'm sorry I thought we had some side fun dialog going..." and you tell me blah, blah. Man who speak with forked tongue should not kiss balloon." Sorry I didn't engage with you in some FUN dialog Micah, I suspected you were a snake in the grass, as Confucius would say. When I WASN'T posting you wanted to egg my on with your movie clips to start posting again.
Quote:
...from Ensenada Detector....'' I know we have new members everyday here and I encourage others to give if that is what they want to do. But blah,,blah...''

...........I'm sure glad that any 'new members' probably read enough to see through your hollow,,cynical gibberish

......thanks Ducktar your efforts seem to be having a positive result-fundraising is moving nicely.....$241 from 7 contributors

[Edited on 7-19-2014 by EnsenadaDr]

BajaLuna - 7-19-2014 at 11:09 AM

does the amount of money given constitute someone's right to be vocal? seriously, you are really stretching here, Doc!

Feathers - 7-19-2014 at 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by dtbushpilot

omg… rotfl… :lol:

EnsenadaDr - 7-19-2014 at 11:16 AM

It's time for David M to bring out his Chicken coop GIF's for the censor crowd. It seems you guys are missing the cartoons!! David, I am also a victim of the Chicken coop crowd.

soulpatch - 7-19-2014 at 11:21 AM

As a complete aside to this bizarre dialog:
Remember, U2U's are not private. They can and have been used here publicly to reinforce one person's arguments against another's and have even been sent privately to other forums and published for whatever purposes others may intend.

Silly to think there is any privacy on a public forum so be careful with what you say and do when you think you are having a one on one dialog.
As someone who has been burned by this and had things taken completely out of context with editing I am just saying take care.

My momma always told me this: You can't argue with stupid.

[Edited on 7-19-2014 by soulpatch]

micah202 - 7-19-2014 at 11:24 AM

..ohh 'doctor'...you really are just a victim of your own actions.

....sure,,yeh----post U2U's between us all you want,,blah,blah.....but if you post one,,,post em ALL...otherwise it'd be a twist in context...perhaps you could do it in another thread...''Ducktar takes on chicken coop gang''

...you really think I'm making more donations just to make you look bad?:o:wow:

EnsenadaDr - 7-19-2014 at 11:25 AM

Actually I need clarification from Doug if indeed the U2U's are private. I assumed they were sort of like emails, not to be used, at least ethically unless you have permission from the other party. I would not use the U2U's unless Micah agreed regardless if they are not private.

EnsenadaDr - 7-19-2014 at 11:27 AM

You seem to be obsessed trying to get a rise out of me Micah, I don't have time for you or your offbeat U2U's. I will post them all later when I have time. Hopefully David M. will get his GIF's up here quick I have already requested that he does. Have a great day sir!!
Quote:
..ohh 'doctor'...you really are just a victim of your own actions.

....sure,,yeh----post U2U's between us all you want,,blah,blah.....but if you post one,,,post em ALL...otherwise it'd be a twist in context...perhaps you could do it in another thread...''Ducktar takes on chicken coop gang''

...you really think I'm making more donations just to make you look bad?:o:wow:

DENNIS - 7-19-2014 at 11:28 AM

Quote:
Actually I need clarification from Doug if indeed the U2U's are private. I assumed they were sort of like emails, not to be used, at least ethically unless you have permission from the other party.

That's the way it is here as well so if you're on someone's shtlist, don't PM them with secrets.

EnsenadaDr - 7-19-2014 at 11:30 AM

Thanks Dennis. so you are saying they are NOT private on Nomad?
Quote:
Quote:
Actually I need clarification from Doug if indeed the U2U's are private. I assumed they were sort of like emails, not to be used, at least ethically unless you have permission from the other party.

That's the way it is here as well so if you're on someone's shtlist, don't PM them with secrets.

soulpatch - 7-19-2014 at 11:36 AM

Is it a private board? Only for one, I think...... when it's your sandbox you get to make the rules.
If you think there is anything remotely private about a privately run board you better wake up.

Quote:
Thanks Dennis. so you are saying they are NOT private on Nomad?
Quote:
Quote:

DENNIS - 7-19-2014 at 11:38 AM

No guarantees of confidentiality. Same with email the world over. If the recipient wants to take it public, it's his to do with as he wishes.
If the sender can't keep his own secrets, why should others care?
Just don't send anything you may regret if it goes public 'cuz it could go viral.

EnsenadaDr - 7-19-2014 at 11:40 AM

Ok since I have Micah's permission to post the first U2U HE sent ME first entitled

Deeper......darker....

........right from the start,,,there's been something deeper,,darker in the undertow than is being let out

...maybe an investigative camoing trip in dec/jan??

DENNIS - 7-19-2014 at 11:45 AM

Quote:
Ok since I have Micah's permission to post the first U2U HE sent ME first entitled

You don't need permission. Neither does Micah. I will say, however, you'll probably never again receive a PM from anyone reading this thread. It shows you can't be trusted with confidential information.

DianaT - 7-19-2014 at 11:45 AM

Quote:
No guarantees of confidentiality. Same with email the world over. If the recipient wants to take it public, it's his to do with as he wishes.
If the sender can't keep his own secrets, why should others care?
Just don't send anything you may regret if it goes public 'cuz it could go viral.

That is so very true. It amazing how fast something can go viral!

However, I do think that when people are sharing conversations via U2U or e-mail with someone and they both agree that it should be kept private, well then it is a matter of integrity and trust. And some people just have more integrity than others.

EnsenadaDr - 7-19-2014 at 11:50 AM

Dennis he gave me permission read above a few posts. I wouldn't share PM's unless I get the other party's permission first.
Quote:
Quote:

You don't need permission. Neither does Micah. I will say, however, you'll probably never again receive a PM from anyone reading this thread. It shows you can't be trusted with confidential information.

micah202 - 7-19-2014 at 11:51 AM

Quote:

Deeper......darker....

........right from the start,,,there's been something deeper,,darker in the undertow than is being let out

...maybe an investigative camoing trip in dec/jan??

....ohhh,JEEPS...th'cat's out of the bag now:wow::wow:
y.j.c.m.t.s.u.**
..........emmm,not actually the first U2U,,,OR that I initiated an exchange ,,is it 'DOC'

.....**....YouJustCantMakeThisStuffUP

vgabndo - 7-19-2014 at 11:55 AM

Let's compare doctors.

Here is a link to a news story from a year ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Yt50-Rh7KE

This is the story of my doctor, my friend, my brother, Jim Parker. He died in his sleep two weeks ago tonight. He left us with ten words with which he wished to be remembered. Kindness, Discernment, Passion, Courage, Affection, Fairness, Generosity, Imagination, Contemplation, and Gratitude.

We've named a City Park after him, he died two nights after riding as the Grand Marshall of the Independence Day Parade. We had to hold his memorial at the High School gym to accommodate the crowd.

Jim was the only doctor in the County who would treat AIDS at the beginning of that crisis, and later organized a large group of local doctors to provide free weekly health clinics to un-insured people, in exchange for the promise to "pay forward" the gift.

And then there is you Ensenada Dr.

There are only "so many" hours in a healer's life. Dr. Jim Parker didn't squander any of his precious time on internet narcissism issues.

I trusted my life to Jim Parker, and that is an honor that I suspect you will never earn from me.

The comparison was pretty much, "in my face" and I had to make it folks. Sorry if it's off topic.

[Edited on 7-19-2014 by vgabndo]

EnsenadaDr - 7-19-2014 at 11:59 AM

Copy of U2U inbox:

Read Re: ...deeper,,darker,,,,, micah202 (Online) 7-7-2014 at 02:50 AM
Read Re: ...deeper,,darker,,,,, micah202 (Online) 7-6-2014 at 10:54 PM
Read Re: ...deeper,,darker,,,,, micah202 (Online) 7-6-2014 at
Read Re: ...deeper,,darker,,,,, micah202 (Online) 7-3-2014 at 07:15 AM
Read ...deeper,,darker,,,,, micah202 (Online) 7-1-2014 at 09:00 AM

micah202 - 7-19-2014 at 12:01 PM

Quote:
I trusted my life to Jim Parker, and that is an honor that I suspect you will never earn from me.

...oh ,,lets not give up hope...isn't that why we keep contributing in threads like this? :?:

micah202 - 7-19-2014 at 12:03 PM

Quote:
Copy of U2U inbox:

...ohhh,JEEPS...th'cat's out of the bag now:wow::wow:
y.j.c.m.t.s.u.**
..........emmm,not actually the first U2U,,,OR that I initiated an exchange ,,is it 'DOC'

EnsenadaDr - 7-19-2014 at 12:07 PM

You see Vagabundo, I am a friend to many. I treat many patients, especially poor Mexican children for free. I give Medical advice and don't charge. I educate many. I urge all of my patients to take advantage of Seguro Popular instead of putting the money in my pocket. The only thing I am saying here is that an accounting for money should be given. Because I stick up for my point, and don't tolerate BS, that makes me bad? I am insulted constantly on this board and you think I should take it? What kind of a Doctor would that be in practice? Go to the lab, the results aren't ready on a crucial case trying to treat a patient with an infection when they told you they would be ready yesterday. You need the culture and sensitivity to utilize the best antibiotics necessary. The patient is in serious condition. I say, "I will wait. I need the results today." In this day and age, you have to be a bulldog and a Doctor and fight for your patients. So yes I am tenacious. If being a friend means not causing waves and letting the tide take you out to sea, then that will mean your patients will go right along with you. Sorry we don't see eye to eye. If it means warning unsuspecting posters and new members of Nomad of past financial fiascos and making enemies so be it.

BajaLuna - 7-19-2014 at 12:11 PM

those are 10 beautiful words, Vgabndo! Sorry about your friend/doctor!

Yes, the words "doctor" and "healer" should be simultaneous!

EnsenadaDr - 7-19-2014 at 12:13 PM

Micah you know these were the extent of our U2U's. Please don't start making up titles and U2U's to cover up your embarrassment.
Quote:
Quote:
Copy of U2U inbox:

y.j.c.m.t.s.u.**

danaeb - 7-19-2014 at 12:17 PM

I think unsuspecting posters and new members of Nomad may take away a very different warning than you intended.

EnsenadaDr - 7-19-2014 at 12:19 PM

Let the chips fall where they may.
Quote:
Originally posted by danaeb
I think unsuspecting posters and new members of Nomad may take away a very different warning than you intended.

JoeJustJoe - 7-19-2014 at 12:39 PM

I'm with you EnsenadaDr, I wouldn't give one dime( peso) to the "Gary Patton fundraiser without knowing exactly how the money is going to be used.

There are just too many Mexicans, along with Americans who take advantage of people in foreign countries, and this is also a big problem in Mexico. Mexico is a beautiful country, but it's not for the stupid and gullible, especially if they're foreigners.

So it's not really asking too much how the money will be spent looking for Gary, who is oblivious dead, and is unlikely to be found, no matter how much money you spend looking.

I also want to know how long is the family going to soak this tragic incident, and trying to get other involved with money donations at this late date?

The recovery operations was a bust, the family waited to long, obviously they knew Gary was dead, and they put other priorities first, and when they finally came down, they were told it's too HOT to go searching for Gary, and they might end up a victim too. But hey the family recovered the 4-runner, which should be worth a few thousand dollars. So returning the 4-Runner to the USA, should be "closure."

But if anybody wants to give a money donation to the late date Gary fundraiser, do it, nobody is stopping you, but if you're looking for a pat on the back, you won't get one from me, and in fact I will just think of you being gullible, but hey it does feel good to give to charity, so give. ( and try not to look back)

And Michah, I understand you were inferring that EnsenadaDr was the Tom Cruise Character, and the hired PI was the Jack Nicholson character, in the ' A Few Good Men" movie, so you obviously have a few questions yourself, or you wouldn't have sent the Doc that message to her.

Micah you make EnsenadaDr come off like uncaring selfish woman, just for asking a simple question, "where did the money go, especially in regards to the rancher who was supposedly hired. I'm sure others including myself have the same questions as EnsenadaDr.

OK lets here from the phonies from the peanut gallery of BN now. Oh you people are so caring. ( let me stick my finger in my mouth to barf right now, so I don't do it later after I read some of your posts)

[Edited on 7-19-2014 by JoeJustJoe]

BajaLuna - 7-19-2014 at 12:44 PM

I agree somewhat....a bulldog Doctor is needed to get the job done in many instances, and thank God for that..... but life is about finding the balance and for many women in the healing field that balance includes being a warrior woman, a fierce protector, a fighter for people/humanity AND a compassionate nurturer all in one! We don't need to just always be coming from our masculine and mental energy/cerebral...but integrating our hearts too. Yin AND Yang!

I share this from a Holistic Practitioner's point of view! Just my 2 cents!

That's good that you do so much for others, and with caringness...but treating patients also involves cupping and treating their WHOLE being...their emotional, mental, and wounded heart too as that penetrates onto a cellular level.

the Patton family has been through a lot of pain having lost a member of their clan, and at times that has been forgotten via this forum. so sad!

while you stayed more in the mental mode and the rightness mode, your compassion went awry at times, along with many others.

come back to center, Doc! Make a donation and give to just give! pay it forward, and watch it ripple outward!

I enjoy many of your posts, the ones with medical advice, and I appreciate your sharing, however wow get grounded!

EnsenadaDr - 7-19-2014 at 12:54 PM

Luna, I want to know where the money for the rancher went to supposedly to find Gary or his remains. When I get that answer I will consider donations but considering the many times I have asked this question i.e. Tom Cruise, I have not heard any answer. So it would be foolish of me to give to anyone who cannot answer where the funds went in a timely manner. I feel for poor Gary and want to know what happened to him but the searchers would have been the most plausible way to find him to avoid others getting lost and dying of heat exposure. So I would want my money to go that route and not disappear without a trace. Ask my kids, they know I love them but they need to tow the line, but they get plenty of love and nurturing from me. My dad was very tough on us as kids and it was tough then but now I realize that it all paid off to survive in this world. Yes and I do incorporate stress management, alternative/wholistc medicine into my practice of conventional medicine.
Quote:
I agree somewhat....a bulldog Doctor is needed to get the job done in many instances, and thank God for that..... but life is about finding the balance and for many women in the healing field that balance includes being a warrior woman, a fierce protector, a fighter for people/humanity AND a compassionate nurturer all in one! We don't need to just always be coming from our masculine and mental energy/cerebral...but integrating our hearts too. Yin AND Yang!

I share this from a Holistic Practitioner's point of view! Just my 2 cents!

That's good that you do so much for others, and with caringness...but treating patients also involves cupping and treating their WHOLE being...their emotional, mental, and wounded heart too as that penetrates onto a cellular level.

the Patton family has been through a lot of pain having lost a member of their clan, and at times that has been forgotten via this forum. so sad!

while you stayed more in the mental mode and the rightness mode, your compassion went awry at times, along with many others.

come back to center, Doc! Make a donation and give to just give! pay it forward, and watch it ripple outward!

I enjoy many of your posts, the ones with medical advice, and I appreciate your sharing, however wow get grounded!

BajaLuna - 7-19-2014 at 01:28 PM

but doc, have ya ever wondered what this is doing to your reputation as a doctor, the many posts you chime in on? All of this is available on the internet for anyone who is considering you as a doctor to tap into. Yikes!

keep up with your good work in your practice and your humanitarian service, that's awesome! I agree, conventional/western medicine and holistic together/simultaneously is the prescription!

Doc, the accounting isn't going to happen, so give it up girl...now you just have to make the choice that is right for you...donate or not! And leave others to make the choice they feel is right for them!

"you don't do kind deeds expecting kindness in return. You don't do kind deeds because you deem the recipient worthy. You do kind deeds because it is who you are, and because you understand the powerful difference your gentle hands make in this dreary world".

BajaLuna - 7-19-2014 at 01:37 PM

let go of the "need to know" IE: where the money for the rancher went...life may surprise you when you least expect it and you may receive that which you desire to know at some point...................... or not...

SFandH - 7-19-2014 at 01:44 PM

The website collecting the donations says where the money is going.

"Efforts continue in our family's search for Gary in hiring detectives, search & rescue teams, local area resident farmers & police/miltary, publishing photo ads, possibly offering rewards for information or evidence."

What do you want Doc? An independently audited itemized spreadsheet with receipts?

[Edited on 7-19-2014 by SFandH]

BajaLuna - 7-19-2014 at 01:47 PM

Good point, LL! "I believe if this was your money then you have every right to know what occurred but it wasn't".

JoeJustJoe - 7-19-2014 at 02:12 PM

Quote:
but doc, have ya ever wondered what this is doing to your reputation as a doctor, the many posts you chime in on? All of this is available on the internet for anyone who is considering you as a doctor to tap into. Yikes!

keep up with your good work in your practice and your humanitarian service, that's awesome! I agree, conventional/western medicine and holistic together/simultaneously is the prescription!

Doc, the accounting isn't going to happen, so give it up girl...now you just have to make the choice that is right for you...donate or not! And leave others to make the choice they feel is right for them!

"you don't do kind deeds expecting kindness in return. You don't do kind deeds because you deem the recipient worthy. You do kind deeds because it is who you are, and because you understand the powerful difference your gentle hands make in this dreary world".

Why don't you back off Bajaluna.

That sounds like an implied threat directed towards Janene about her reputation, especially since this is what you're engaged in, bashing her reputation for simply asking a question.

What did you say you do Bajaluna? Holistic Practitioner! You're talking figuratively of course, because most "Holistic Practitioner" are quacks, especially in Mexico where the health laws are more lax. Nothing personal Bajaluna but you do come off to me as a very gullible American in Mexico, especially since I remember some of your remarks in the Gretchen, Tall Artist thread, where you actually believed her story, and probably believed her story about seeing and talking to Gary in Rosarito.

So excuse me if I think Janene, a Doctor in Mexico, comes off way more credible than a 60's throwback like you, Bajaluna although you seem to beat to a different drum, and I do respect that.

BajaLuna - 7-19-2014 at 02:16 PM

thanks for the good laugh, JoeJustJoe, that's hysterical!

BajaLuna - 7-19-2014 at 02:18 PM

I never questioned her medical expertise/credibility, in fact quite the opposite, she gives very good info! And I appreciate her good advice medically on these boards!

bajabuddha - 7-19-2014 at 02:32 PM

Quote:
I never questioned her medical expertise/credibility, in fact quite the opposite, she gives very good info! And I appreciate her good advice medically on these boards!

I concur, and that's why I feel this thread has turned into a no-win situation on both sides. Both parties have done a whole bunch of good as Nomads for the sake of others, and done so selflessly, above and beyond just simply 'helping' others.

La Doctora summed it up well in another thread that she may do better with the 'Nomad Community' by giving up 'playing detective', and was spot-on with that assumption. If it ain't your train set, don't mess with the controls. If you don't want to donate, fine. Accountability is one thing if you're doing a major charity event; this one's just a donation from the heart, and if you feel the accountability isn't up to your standards, stay away.

On the other hand, Micah's responses have been very much like what he's accused Janine of doing; very immature, name-calling, schoolyard taunts. Feelings have been high on both sides, but Janine has handled herself (mostly) like a respectful adult. In example, the "'Ducktar' traincrash" addendum to the title. Cute, but childish... spiteful, bad taste. Micah, LL, and a host of Nomads have done wonders for the Patton family, yet you're shaming your cause by not keeping it respectful between parties.

I think you BOTH owe each other an apology. Answers have been given, now (as Janine's handle says) move on.

BajaLuna - 7-19-2014 at 02:33 PM

so I guess that makes Doc a quack too, eh? she states that she incorporates wholistic medicine in her practice! LOL!

lets put on our tye dye, get out the lava lamps, put on some In A Gadda Divida, and burn some nag champa, Doc!!

micah202 - 7-19-2014 at 04:27 PM

...ohh...my...gawd........this is really getting silly no?
......if someone actually cared,,,and this was some sort of trial that you're giving evidence for, I'd need to remind you of the exchange you initiated previously--which you titled 'remark'...is what I based my comment that we had a seemingly jovial banter and sent you a silly video link....if one was to actually care enough to review the u2u's you list...it's my not being willing to start the 'where's-the-money' question for you!.........whatever....call it ...'GUILTY AS CHARGED'...YOUR HONOR! :spingrin::tumble:

micah202
To: EnsenadaDr
Folder: Outbox
Sent: 5-24-2014 at 06:46 AM
I laughed out loud at your comment. It was funny. Sorry people don't have a sense of humor.

....ahh,well,,,was questionable humor to a very questionable comment!,,,glad you enjoyed,,,,,,maybe -we- should go camping sometime!..lol

Quote:
Micah you know these were the extent of our U2U's. Please don't start making up titles and U2U's to cover up your embarrassment.
Quote:
Quote:
Copy of U2U inbox:

y.j.c.m.t.s.u.**

wessongroup - 7-19-2014 at 04:50 PM

Say, to lazy to scroll up ... is this the Marine thread ... :):)

EnsenadaDr - 7-19-2014 at 05:49 PM

Then please stop pushing me to give when I don't feel it is appropriate.
Quote:
let go of the "need to know" IE: where the money for the rancher went...life may surprise you when you least expect it and you may receive that which you desire to know at some point...................... or not...

micah202 - 7-19-2014 at 06:10 PM

Quote:
Quote:

...ohhh,,please!...nobody is forcing you to play trainwreck on this thread...I actually started this new thread for Gary's fundraiser exactly for this reason!...
...you can continue with your inquisitions at will,,,with -zero- encumberment from those silly enough to want to donate!

EnsenadaDr - 7-19-2014 at 06:13 PM

I would also appreciate you removing your insulting and defamatory labeling of me as Ducktar and "Doc" like you are insinuating I am not a licensed physician.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

...ohhh,,please!...nobody is forcing you to play trainwreck on this thread...I actually started this new thread for Gary's fundraiser exactly for this reason!...
...you can continue with your inquisitions at will,,,with -zero- encumberment from those silly enough to want to donate!

bajabuddha - 7-19-2014 at 06:26 PM

Quote:
I would also appreciate you removing your insulting and defamatory labeling of me as Ducktar and "Doc" like you are insinuating I am not a licensed physician.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

NOW !!!! Here's a start. That's the whole point. "He said, she said", gawd you two. Please re-read my post, you both owe EACH OTHER a ''OK, let's move on".... don'tchathink?

YOU BOTH HAVE DONE GOOD THINGS, GOOD WORK.

DON'T F--K IT UP.

...just saynin'...
bb

EnsenadaDr - 7-19-2014 at 06:34 PM

BajaBuddha, Counselor and Mediator, Marriage and Family Therapy. :tumble:

mtgoat666 - 7-19-2014 at 06:40 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If you shut your pie hole once in a while then people will be less likely to respond to your inflammatory remarks with slurs and innuendos about your barbering.

EnsenadaDr - 7-19-2014 at 06:48 PM

Hey Goat!! Take some Alka-Seltzer and call the Doctor in the morning!! Last night must have been a whopper!
Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If you shut your pie hole once in a while then people will be less likely to respond to your inflammatory remarks with slurs and innuendos about your barbering.

BajaLuna - 7-19-2014 at 06:54 PM

fair enough, Doc!

greengoes - 7-19-2014 at 07:02 PM

wessongroup - 7-19-2014 at 08:40 PM

Cool find .. .:biggrin::biggrin:

BajaRat - 7-19-2014 at 09:14 PM

Quote:
Let's compare doctors.

Here is a link to a news story from a year ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Yt50-Rh7KE

This is the story of my doctor, my friend, my brother, Jim Parker. He died in his sleep two weeks ago tonight. He left us with ten words with which he wished to be remembered. Kindness, Discernment, Passion, Courage, Affection, Fairness, Generosity, Imagination, Contemplation, and Gratitude

We've named a City Park after him, he died two nights after riding as the Grand Marshall of the Independence Day Parade. We had to hold his memorial at the High School gym to accommodate the crowd.

Jim was the only doctor in the County who would treat AIDS at the beginning of that crisis, and later organized a large group of local doctors to provide free weekly health clinics to un-insured people, in exchange for the promise to "pay forward" the gift.

And then there is you Ensenada Dr.

There are only "so many" hours in a healer's life. Dr. Jim Parker didn't squander any of his precious time on internet narcissism issues.

The comparison was pretty much, "in my face" and I had to make it folks. Sorry if it's off topic.

[Edited on 7-19-2014 by vgabndo]

Very cool, sorry for the loss. I'm sure he will be greatly missed.
I think you kinda nailed what a Doctor is supposed to be

Hippocratic Oath

bajaguy - 7-19-2014 at 09:22 PM

Something about "Do no harm"

BajaRat - 7-20-2014 at 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

OK I'll bight. I'm insinuating that you are not a Licensed Physician.
It was but a short time ago that you were bragging about being in medical school, CNA, Medical Assistant, MD, DO who knows. How have you managed to complete your internship and now have your own practice in this short period of time and still have time to post during normal Physician business hours. All the new Physicians I know don't even have time to sleep, just eat, shower and take care of a huge patient load while they serve their internship at the hospital. Your medical advise has been found suspect by many and your words do not fit the profile of a practicing Physician. What medical school? What hospital did you serve your internship ? What country are you licensed in ? I call BS.
You brought it up, now put up or stop advertising that your a Licensed Physician :yawn:

[Edited on 7-20-2014 by BajaRat]

DENNIS - 7-20-2014 at 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaRat

She is.
I'll just let all the rest of your erroneous reasoning go by the wayside. It's all baseless assumption.
Have you nothing better to do?

BajaRat - 7-20-2014 at 08:44 AM

Quote:
Quote:

She is.
I'll just let all the rest of your erroneous reasoning go by the wayside. It's all baseless assumption.
Have you nothing better to do?

We will see, or we will just get another ridiculous side track comment :yawn:
This " Doctor " has trashed more people and threads here than I can count, If you want a sympathetic response to her poor me / screw you posts it aint happening. My insinuation is not baseless. Her words and actions give rise to many suspicions. I realize she was involved in your care but seeing her posts while you were imcompacitated gave rise to much distrust of her motivation. Maybe she is maybe she ain't but when you represent yourself as a Physician online be prepared to show your credentials or stop playing one. I've herd more personal medical advise than case study reference, guess with all her months of experience in the field as ??? what she thinks is not to be questioned.
History has provided us with many "Doctors" that don't live up to the title :(

Ateo - 7-20-2014 at 08:48 AM

The train wreck videos were awesome. Thanks.

DENNIS - 7-20-2014 at 08:52 AM

Allow me to add something to the above. Dra. Janene started medical school in Ensenada at the relatively advanced age of 47. She completed the curriculum while raising a daughter, and she did her social work [internship] as well.
This may not seem to some as an unusual task, but it is to me.

You can have your peeing matches with anyone you choose, but you can't question her accomplishments. They're on the books. So, until you have a comparable success story to weigh against hers, give her the respect she's earned.
One more thing......she doesn't need to prove anything to anybody in any chickenchit internet inquisition.

DENNIS - 7-20-2014 at 09:35 AM

Quote:
My insinuation is not baseless. Her words and actions give rise to many suspicions. I realize she was involved in your care but seeing her posts while you were imcompacitated gave rise to much distrust of her motivation.

If it's anyone's place to choose to dwell on the past, or move on, in this case, it's mine and I made that choice long ago.
Besides...I question whether or not your motives have anything at all to do with her medical career. Yours seems to be a personality conflict as well as a need for attention that rivals hers.
I stated my case...her qualifications have been met and this is no place to challenge that.
Find something else. There's no shortage of inspiration coming from her.

Pages:  1