BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  ..  7
Author: Subject: ....the COMPLETE TRAINCRASH thread............
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2014 at 11:09 PM
....the COMPLETE TRAINCRASH thread............

... I don't know who changed the thread title from what I posted -I certainly was NOT consulted on such a change. I am re-titling the thread to accurately reflect the content of the thread...there is no person referred to in the title--as there should not be...the thread is simply a complete traincrash--hence the name.

....I am truly regretful to the Patton Family that my effort to support their fundraising has become such an insane mess.

....some news from the family,,,,and a fundraiser link http://www.plumfund.com/pf/zp5op

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=69117&pag...

...personally I have no concern how the family spends the money raised,,,whether it's a search or a wake.....it's a constructive way to 'raise a glass' for Gary and his family.

...I can't understand why anyone who's visited the thread,,followed the story,,,felt for the family,,,even filled some sort of internet obsession wouldn't throw in just for the sake of it!

...thought I'd post here,,in case some of you might wish to contribute to resolution,,,but are somewhat tired of checking th'thread

[Edited on 7-19-2014 by micah202]

[Edited on 7-20-2014 by BajaNomad]

[Edited on 7-21-2014 by micah202]
BajaLuna
Senior Nomad

Mood: groovy

[*] posted on 7-15-2014 at 11:40 PM

thanks for sharing this, Micah!

I wish for continued healing and answers for the Patton family.

Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 7-16-2014 at 06:46 AM

Maybe you could edit and spell his name correctly.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-16-2014 at 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
Maybe you could edit and spell his name correctly.

It's OK. when readers get to the word, "FUNDRAISER," they'll stop reading.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-16-2014 at 07:57 AM

...there 'Hook' ,,,I hope your morning gets better now :biggrin::biggrin:

EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 7-16-2014 at 06:40 PM

If my money is going to the Rancher and I never find out what happened to it I would not consider it. I believe all moneys that were given to anyone on this board should be accounted for and we all have the right to know where our money goes.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 7-16-2014 at 07:04 PM

"Chuckie Fund raiser" Wine and Italian dry salami..U2U for details

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 7-16-2014 at 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
If my money is going to the Rancher and I never find out what happened to it I would not consider it. I believe all moneys that were given to anyone on this board should be accounted for and we all have the right to know where our money goes.

that's how I feel about paying the IRS....:light:

EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 7-16-2014 at 07:38 PM

Hahaha...good to see things are back to normal around here!!:bounce:
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-16-2014 at 09:50 PM

....personally I have no concern how the family spends the money raised,,,whether it's a search or a wake.....it's a constructive way to 'raise a glass' for Gary and his family.

...I can't understand why anyone who's visited the thread,,followed the story,,,felt for the family,,,even filled some sort of internet obsession wouldn't throw in just for the sake of it!

[Edited on 7-17-2014 by micah202]
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 7-16-2014 at 11:53 PM

Well go ahead Micah you are welcome to become the very first contributor, don't let me stop you, and don't be shy, you can give as much as you like without the fear of being singled out.
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-17-2014 at 12:32 PM

...ummm,,thanks for the permission Doc--didn't know I needed it,,,already did such. It's good to see others are as well,,,whether it be for further search,,or just a hearty wake for Gary----methinks a good cause!...I'm of modest means these days or I would have given lots more...god knows they deserve it after going through what they went through,,,let alone enduring this 'discussion'. I hope you find a way to be a little less sarcastic with staff and patients in your professional life.

http://www.plumfund.com/pf/zp5op
Missing Gary Patton
Our search continues for Gary D. Patton, our father, grandfather, brother, uncle, former husband, dearest friend and bud, Vietnam Army Vet, missing since 9-5-2013, last seen vacationing in his beloved Baja Mexico. Efforts continue in our family's search for Gary in hiring detectives, search & rescue teams, local area resident farmers & police/miltary, publishing photo ads, possibly offering rewards for information or evidence. The family has exhausted resources after nearly a year now, w/6 trips @ 800 miles each, private Investigation fees, but we know we cannot give up. See NAMUS.gov Case22480 for validation and BajaTimes.com, March-April issues. Our deepest heartfelt gratitude to you and yours ---from Gary's family who are still trying and praying every day. (Any unused funds will go to orphanages in Baja as the children there were always on Gary's mind each trip he made every year.)

Mula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-17-2014 at 01:00 PM

And has $71 donated by 3 people in 41 days.
BajaLuna
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-17-2014 at 02:38 PM

this is the first I heard of the fundraiser, just yesterday when Micah and Blanca posted what they did. Thanks Blanca and Micah!

IMHO, there certainly needs to be an accounting of money given to non-profits, but for this? WOW come on now, seriously? I personally could care less what they do with the money, I will just trust that there is a need in order to raise money to find answers, and I can get behind that!

Doc, have you ever heard of giving to just give with no thought of what you would get back or what you require from it? If one can lighten another's day or one's load that they are carrying, it is a good thing. Let's not taint all of this, there's already been so much of that.

Life works on a boomerang principle, it's simple really. And it's the intention not the face-value of the gift in the grand scheme of things. And ya know, kindness IS a currency!

"plant a kernel of wheat and you reap a pint, plant a pint and you reap a bushel, always the law works to give you back more than you give".

"he who obtains has little, he who scatters has much"
Lao-Tzu

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-17-2014 at 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaLuna

"plant a kernel of wheat and you reap a pint,

Beer...that is. :biggrin:

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
BajaLuna
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-17-2014 at 02:47 PM

LOL!!!

micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-17-2014 at 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by BajaLuna

"plant a kernel of wheat and you reap a pint,

Beer...that is. :biggrin:

......that would be umm,,wheatbeer--unless you plant barley!

....thanks for filling-in some perspective Ba-Luna!

EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 7-17-2014 at 10:12 PM

I am sarcastic? You sent me 2 U2U's with movie clips on people demanding where the money went. Why don't you post the link you sent me as a joke?
Quote:
Originally posted by micah202
...ummm,,thanks for the permission Doc--didn't know I needed it,,,already did such. It's good to see others are as well,,,whether it be for further search,,or just a hearty wake for Gary----methinks a good cause!...I'm of modest means these days or I would have given lots more...god knows they deserve it after going through what they went through,,,let alone enduring this 'discussion'. I hope you find a way to be a little less sarcastic with staff and patients in your professional life.

http://www.plumfund.com/pf/zp5op
Missing Gary Patton
Our search continues for Gary D. Patton, our father, grandfather, brother, uncle, former husband, dearest friend and bud, Vietnam Army Vet, missing since 9-5-2013, last seen vacationing in his beloved Baja Mexico. Efforts continue in our family's search for Gary in hiring detectives, search & rescue teams, local area resident farmers & police/miltary, publishing photo ads, possibly offering rewards for information or evidence. The family has exhausted resources after nearly a year now, w/6 trips @ 800 miles each, private Investigation fees, but we know we cannot give up. See NAMUS.gov Case22480 for validation and BajaTimes.com, March-April issues. Our deepest heartfelt gratitude to you and yours ---from Gary's family who are still trying and praying every day. (Any unused funds will go to orphanages in Baja as the children there were always on Gary's mind each trip he made every year.)

micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-17-2014 at 10:32 PM

..ummm,,Doctor...if you follow the clip more attentively,,the main line is very clear,,,''YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH''--good ole Jack spells it out pretty clear.....nothing at all about 'where's the money' as you seem to have picked up!:?:...not sure how you got that context at all.
....I hope you keep things straighter in your professional context:o;D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j2F4VcBmeo

...maybe it's best you consider -this- thread to be the thread that's doing fundraising by those that offer non-conditional support of the Patton cause,,,,,the -other- thread for sleuthing and conspiracies--how's that?!? ;D;D

.....it's great to see 5 contributions now--a good start!

Quote:
I am sarcastic? You sent me 2 U2U's with movie clips on people demanding where the money went. Why don't you post the link you sent me as a joke?
Quote:

[Edited on 7-18-2014 by micah202]
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 7-18-2014 at 12:09 PM

well hopefully you gave a substantial donation but judging by 3 people giving $71 I don't think so. And no, we've had a few fundraisers here where no one feels they owe the donors an explanation of where the money goes so no I will not donate to that cause under those conditions.
Quote:
Originally posted by micah202
..ummm,,Doctor...if you follow the clip more attentively,,the main line is very clear,,,''YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH''--good ole Jack spells it out pretty clear.....nothing at all about 'where's the money' as you seem to have picked up!:?:...not sure how you got that context at all.
....I hope you keep things straighter in your professional context:o;D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j2F4VcBmeo

...maybe it's best you consider -this- thread to be the thread that's doing fundraising by those that offer non-conditional support of the Patton cause,,,,,the -other- thread for sleuthing and conspiracies--how's that?!? ;D;D

.....it's great to see 5 contributions now--a good start!

Quote:
Quote:

[Edited on 7-18-2014 by micah202]
 Pages:  1    3  ..  7

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.