BajaNomad

Waiting for 17-20 foot waves.

Pages:  1  

vgabndo - 8-23-2014 at 06:19 AM

17-20 is the highest estimates we've seen. All the surf reports are calling for very high surf on Tuesday. Good morning normal surf today.

Bob H - 8-23-2014 at 08:34 AM

Beautiful "good morning" photo while sipping on my coffee!

Would love to see a comparison shot Tuesday.:yes:

Mexitron - 8-23-2014 at 08:34 AM

Awesome!
Looks like it'll park itself off L.A.:

http://www.stormsurfing.com/cgi/display.cgi?a=npac_height

mojo_norte - 8-24-2014 at 05:52 AM

Bump..

any bumps this AM ?

shari - 8-24-2014 at 07:03 AM

the enormous swell headed our way is the talk of the town as it will certainly incur some damages. Asuncion village faces south so the some of the structures built close to the beach will be affected IF the swell gets even close to what is predicted. The waves especially at high tide will pass over the unstable sand bank and wash it away. People forget that there were 2 rows of houses where there is only beach now down by the area where all the kids swim and events are held.

So worry is present and it will be a dramatic event here for sure. Vgbundo...you may want to assess your camp and get it ready to move to higher ground!:O

Ateo - 8-24-2014 at 08:34 AM

It's gonna be big. I'm tracking it on Surfline and waiting for their update tonight. Looks like it's gonna peak Tuesday evening.

Mexitron - 8-24-2014 at 08:53 AM

Pequena should be epic....and crowded...

vgabndo - 8-24-2014 at 09:08 AM

Mojo...it looks just normal today. The swell frequency has dropped maybe a second or more to more like 9 second intervals right now. Normal, to me, would be more like 12 second intervals. If I didn't have internet, I wouldn't suspect a darned thing!!

I'd be curious to know how often these surf forecasts are wildly inaccurate. Just before the clock strikes Wednesday, I guess we're going to find out about this one when an 85% high tide joins the forecast (conservative) 15-17 foot waves.

I just rigged a field expedient contractor's "dumpy level" from a shovel a 2 foot spirit level and a mirror. The pavement at the Pemex is only about 12 feet above the highest place I've ever seen wet on the beach. It this doesn't turn out to be a non-event, it could be an EVENT!:lol::lol:

Bob, I promise pictures if there is a way!

[Edited on 8-24-2014 by vgabndo]

Ateo - 8-24-2014 at 09:13 AM

My best guess would be 10-12 foot surf, but the update this evening should be pretty solid. I know Surfline's long range charts run a tad hot, and they're saying 26'-30' foot for Asuncion Bay Tuesday evening. That's total BS.

[Edited on 8-24-2014 by Ateo]

willardguy - 8-24-2014 at 09:17 AM

lowell's fading fast up here around jesus..

vgabndo - 8-24-2014 at 09:23 AM

Well yes...a dozen feet of water over the street on the main drag would be the Bahia Asuncion version of the Japanese tsunami! If there was any chance that this could come to pass, I can't imagine there wouldn't be more panic in the air. That would wipe out most every coastal village in the neighborhood. The police here are still unconcerned. The fishermen's boats are still tied out in the bay. Too bad I'm not a surfer, my anxiety could be colored by my excitement!

bajabuddha - 8-24-2014 at 11:06 AM

I only visited BA once a few years ago, and there was a 'cane spinning off to the west of the South Cape much like this one. No clouds or precip, but man, the pounding at night from the surf kept me from sleeping, let alone surf-casting or launching my 14' inflatable. As Marie goes north, i'd get out my earplugs along with the popcorn.

Also of note; the third 'named' storm of the North Atlantic systems just developed today; Marie is the THIRTEENTH of the Eastern Pacific. El Niņos are global engines! It's been an anomalous blessing they've all turned westward so far... one month to go.
Buena suerte Baja. :yes:

pappy - 8-24-2014 at 11:09 AM

pequena is pretty much always crowded these days-certainly during the swell season. interesting they estimating it will come that far up into alta California. should make for some impressive surf at the proper spots.

willardguy - 8-24-2014 at 11:21 AM

vandenberg - 8-24-2014 at 11:25 AM

This baby is turning into a cat 5 sometime today.
Should indeed make for an interesting surf along the Baja coast.

Marie.gif - 30kB

shari - 8-24-2014 at 11:33 AM

I have never seen predictions this high and pretty sure the swell wont be 20' but a 15' wave at high tide will definitively pass over the sand bank in town. If I had one of those places at the edge, I would be thinking seriously about moving some valuables to higher ground.

We are fortunate here at the point to have rocks to break the waves...but the explosion of surf over them will be dramatic...no point washing the windows...hahaha.

Hey Blanca...that house ruining your unobstructed view might take a beating...how close to the beach is it?

Lets hope our new Pemex will withstand the storm!

chuckie - 8-24-2014 at 11:38 AM

Charge your camera batteries, everyone....

bajabuddha - 8-24-2014 at 11:40 AM

Also from www.wunderground:

"...Although Marie is expected to remain well off the coast of Mexico,
very large swells will affect southwestern Mexico through tomorrow
and much of the Pacific coast of the Baja California peninsula
during the next few days. These swells will cause dangerous
life-threatening surf and rip currents."

Keep us posted, and pic's PUH-LEEUZZZE !!

shari - 8-24-2014 at 11:57 AM

often here people are complacent because storms so rarely actually hit here...so people are in denial about the big swell coming...tick tick tick

vgabndo - 8-24-2014 at 01:12 PM

Here's the projection for Wednesday morning. Red is 20, orange 15, and tan 12 feet. in 3D from Surfing Mag.

[Edited on 8-24-2014 by vgabndo]

bajabuddha - 8-24-2014 at 02:58 PM

http://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/eastern-pacific/2014/H...
Marie just hit Cat-5 already today. Still going to chug parallel 500 miles out, but as John's mujer said, "Ee's a BEEG JUAN !!"
:o :biggrin:

vgabndo - 8-24-2014 at 03:55 PM

I'm basing my preparations on the understanding that wave height will grow gradually over the next couple of days. We have a wave buoy almost directly down swell from us and about 90 miles away. If Buoy Weather has live data from it, won't we have a real clear picture of whether the drastic predictions might be real?

I have to admit, I've been critical of people in the south east who don't get out of the way of hurricanes. Where I sit, on this absolutely gorgeous day at the beach, it is hard to believe it is possible that there could be salt water running through the Campground Wednesday!

KIMG0181zz.jpg - 24kB

shari - 8-24-2014 at 04:34 PM

I have seen it flood right up to the highway...if we get any rain...it will be a problem. What happens is that the sea comes up to the lowlands and there is nowhere for the runoff water to go so it just fills up just down from the Pemex. It will be most critical at the high tides Monday night and tuesday.

Bajaboy - 8-24-2014 at 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
I have seen it flood right up to the highway...if we get any rain...it will be a problem. What happens is that the sea comes up to the lowlands and there is nowhere for the runoff water to go so it just fills up just down from the Pemex. It will be most critical at the high tides Monday night and tuesday.

Hope the new Pemex doesn't get flooded out:o With all the new building in town, I always wonder what will happen to the natural flow of water with a big rain. Luckily a few houses have been built behind us so I think we are now protected.

Ateo - 8-24-2014 at 09:44 PM

From Surfline:

Tropics - *updated Sunday at 2pm: Hurricane Marie has exceeded expectations and hit Cat 5 status this afternoon with max. sustained winds at 160mph, tracking West at 12kts.

For South/Central Baja: new SSE swell builds Monday with overhead++ sets possible by sundown, but bulk of swell arrives on Tuesday before easing Wed. 10-12'+ faces for well exposed breaks, sets to 15'+ faces and even larger. More protected points smaller but still overhead to double overhead. Wind also looks generally unfavorable for many of the better known/higher quality waves as the swell peaks with moderate+ ESE to SE wind. Minor leftovers from Marie by Friday.

[Edited on 8-25-2014 by Ateo]

Ateo - 8-24-2014 at 09:54 PM

oladulce - 8-25-2014 at 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mexitron

Naw, not really Mexitron. Lots of unstable tropical air around= wind. Spin off squalls and thunderstorms began yesterday over the ocean and the mesas along with SE wind chop and blown out conditions which will probably only increase until the storm passes. So the most we'll get when the waves come is a good show with Victory-At -Sea conditions.

Lowell had a ripping current along with it, and considering the size of Mega Marie, the most we can hope for is that the wind-chop-current won't scour all the sand away which will take years to replace again.

shari - 8-25-2014 at 07:18 AM

some light clouds and hot as a witches tit here today but things are looking more hopeful this morning as buoyweather which is usually fairly accurate in the wave heights predicts 11' swell by late this afternoon and 13' tops for tomorrow so I hope we will dodge the bullet again on Marie. We sure have been lucky they all head west...whew. So my tent stays up on the cliff then!

MMc - 8-25-2014 at 07:25 AM

Thanks Shari. Surflie is good but nothing beats a personal report.

shari - 8-25-2014 at 07:30 AM

I would love to hear an onsite report for San Juanico today to give us a better idea of what is coming.

bajabuddha - 8-25-2014 at 08:03 AM

.... I thought witches' ta taas were cold.... :?:

BooJumMan - 8-25-2014 at 08:49 AM

Surfline ruined surfing! ;)

Mexitron - 8-25-2014 at 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by oladulce
Quote:
Originally posted by Mexitron

Naw, not really Mexitron. Lots of unstable tropical air around= wind. Spin off squalls and thunderstorms began yesterday over the ocean and the mesas along with SE wind chop and blown out conditions which will probably only increase until the storm passes. So the most we'll get when the waves come is a good show with Victory-At -Sea conditions.

Lowell had a ripping current along with it, and considering the size of Mega Marie, the most we can hope for is that the wind-chop-current won't scour all the sand away which will take years to replace again.

Actually, we were at Abreojos when Hurricane Linda skirted along the peninsula and you're right---it was a big washing machine---enormous waves but they were breaking way way out...

dtbushpilot - 8-25-2014 at 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BooJumMan
Surfline ruined surfing! ;)

I quit surfing because of them.....and because I sucked at it

shari - 8-25-2014 at 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajabuddha
.... I thought witches' ta taas were cold.... :?:

this is a Baja witch...hahahaha....so Buoyweather just changed the wave height forecast to 19' for tomorrow's morning high tide...oh oh.

right now it is 8-9' so double that will be ominous here where the towns sand bank is unstable and unprotected. There was a row of houses where the palms are and a road in front of that in the not too distant past.

they are going to have to pull the pangas up onto the street at the public boat launch area too. I wonder if the little pier will withstand the beating.

Robertofox - 8-25-2014 at 10:42 AM

To dtbushpilot.......not only surfline but.......surf schools pumping newbie surfers 10 to 20 at a time!!! Thats what gets my butt....sorry.....carry on!! I don't know what got into me....ha!

micah202 - 8-25-2014 at 11:17 AM

...Vagabondo,,Shari..et all..please keep on posting on wind,wave & rain levels as above--your inf will help correlate upcoming conditions for a boat I'm watching-out for up the way a bit;)

...please be sure to mention your location and time when mentioning conditions

shari - 8-25-2014 at 12:27 PM

gracias micah...looks very eerily calm. We have a bigger swell here in Asuncion and building from the south. Waves are now passing over the pier here and hte tide is nearly out. It will be an interesting afternoon/evening with some loss of sleep I imagine. The wind has switched to the south bringing very hot air...about 10 knots.

A nomad just told me that the low lying areas just at the edge of town past the Pemex already has standing water on it...hmmm.:(

woody with a view - 8-25-2014 at 03:32 PM

we just got back for southern northern and it was perfect for 4 days. wind turned out of the south this morning and that's never good..... Lowell was great, Marie is gonna be a b!tch!

jbcoug - 8-25-2014 at 03:37 PM

Shari, this sounds potentially bad for Paul's place. Can his fifth wheel be pulled out?

Russ - 8-25-2014 at 03:53 PM

Photos ??
Hope everyone passes through this event with stories and NO damage.

micah202 - 8-25-2014 at 03:56 PM

Quote:
........Waves are now passing over the pier here and the tide is nearly out.

.....hmmm,,,when are the next high tides?

Ateo - 8-25-2014 at 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by micah202
Quote:
........Waves are now passing over the pier here and the tide is nearly out.

.....hmmm,,,when are the next high tides?

Right around midnight.

motoged - 8-25-2014 at 05:19 PM

I sure hope Bahia Asuncion and its neighbours don't get smacked hard with this one....lots of work to prepare for damage control. :saint:

BajaRat - 8-25-2014 at 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jbcoug
Shari, this sounds potentially bad for Paul's place. Can his fifth wheel be pulled out?

Paul's up nice n high... More likely for Pinos ( main beach ) erosion, Looks like Hotel Asuncion might be more beach front than they wanna be. Bet will see some impressive surf.
In time Shari we may be surfing the Hotel Asuncion Reef from the beach front Campo Sirena :lol:

Bajagypsy - 8-25-2014 at 07:59 PM

Wow, let us know how everything goes! Hope the beach house stands up to it!

DianaT - 8-25-2014 at 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaRat
.......Looks like Hotel Asuncion might be more beach front than they wanna be. Bet will see some impressive surf.
In time Shari we may be surfing the Hotel Asuncion Reef from the beach front Campo Sirena :lol:

For someone whose dream place was destroyed by fire, I am surprised at your post. :no:

I hope that if the giant surf appears, no one is adversely affected.

shari - 8-25-2014 at 08:36 PM

I just got home from several hours watching the swell build at various points in town. Late this afternoon, the Jurjos gang and other surfers were at the "y" surfing and boogie boarding in front of Floriani's store...pangas were still on the beach...pics tomorrow!

Then to Los Pinos where it was pumping. The waves steadily increased over the last few hours. We spent a couple hours at high tide on the 2nd floor patio of the Beach House for a ringside seat of the swell event. The water has come up to the road beside the house and pooling in the flats still low down...a looooong way from the Pemex or Paul & Redmesas home. It was fun watching the show get better and better.

Now I am cliffside out at La Bufadora marveling at the smashing surf on the rocks that protect our place. The splash is coming up the cliff on the big sets. It looks about 12-14' right now and is supposed to get up to 17' in the morning which will be pretty cool. I am now retiring to my tent on the side of the cliff ...glad I have good earplugs! Hasta manana all...I hope everyone is safe and sound this evening.

chuckie - 8-26-2014 at 03:45 AM

BE SAFE!

willardguy - 8-26-2014 at 07:34 AM

have the XXL boys arrived in town yet?

micah202 - 8-26-2014 at 07:39 AM

wow...just realized the wave forecast chart I'm using is meters,,,not feet! I hope you Ascunsion folks are okay!
...it looks like windwise,,,whatever Cabo's getting now is definitely the most that'll happen,as Marie retracts to the west,,,,but wavewise it seems the Ascunsion region will get +/- the same again tonight as you did last night---I hope that's bearable(?)

...what's the view like now??

http://passageweather.com/# ....scroll down for wave chart,,,and give the animation feature a try

[Edited on 8-26-2014 by micah202]

dtbushpilot - 8-26-2014 at 07:46 AM

Marie has been pretty much a non-event here in Buena Vista, a little rain here and there, a little wind. The pool has cooled off to a refreshing temperature.

micah202 - 8-26-2014 at 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by dtbushpilot
Marie has been pretty much a non-event here in Buena Vista, a little rain here and there, a little wind. The pool has cooled off to a refreshing temperature.

...is that south or east cape?

....heh-if you ever want google to go nutz...just punch-in beunavista:o:O:wow:

dtbushpilot - 8-26-2014 at 07:54 AM

East Cape.

shari - 8-26-2014 at 08:38 AM

I just returned from dawn patrol and photo documenting the storm. The beach has lost alot of sand...behind the old gas station, an old construction is showing and lots of blocks and wall pieces strewn about. Last night the waves breached the sand bank a few times just in front of the hotel and this morning it will be worse as the swell has increased...gotta be at least 15-17' right now.

There is water up to the new place built on the beach with the cabins on stilts. Places where I was taking photos yesterday had water over it. Water came up to the street at the old gas station and up to Verduzco's palapa.

barbareno...the water came up to Mandela the horse's house and it was 2 hours before high tide. There are pangas parked on several streets. Juanitas restaurant has pangas anchored in front of it!!! The gas station is doing well as everyone is cruising town checking out the phenomenon.

Back to town now for some live high tide action...woo hooo.

DianaT - 8-26-2014 at 08:57 AM

Quote:
I just returned from dawn patrol and photo documenting the storm. The beach has lost alot of sand...behind the old gas station, an old construction is showing and lots of blocks and wall pieces strewn about. Last night the waves breached the sand bank a few times just in front of the hotel and this morning it will be worse as the swell has increased...gotta be at least 15-17' right now.

There is water up to the new place built on the beach with the cabins on stilts. Places where I was taking photos yesterday had water over it. Water came up to the street at the old gas station and up to Verduzco's palapa.

barbareno...the water came up to Mandela the horse's house and it was 2 hours before high tide. There are pangas parked on several streets. Juanitas restaurant has pangas anchored in front of it!!! The gas station is doing well as everyone is cruising town checking out the phenomenon.

Woo hoo??

I guess to watch destruction that is caused by mother nature, and that will cost other people and the town a lot in clean up, is just exciting to some people.

micah202 - 8-26-2014 at 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DianaT
Quote:

Woo hoo??

I guess to watch destruction that is caused by mother nature, and that will cost other people and the town a lot in clean up, is just exciting to some people.

....some can find big storms to be exhilarating --you should hear some meteorologists--downright -cheering- for the storms!! :bounce::wow::wow:

....what are the winds like up and down the west side??

Barbareno - 8-26-2014 at 09:12 AM

Quote:

Thanks Shari for letting me know. Poor fella. Hope someone is looking out for him. And panga's on the street no less.

Your pictures will be epic I'm sure.

BajaRun - 8-26-2014 at 09:29 AM

I believe the houses on stilts belong to Arturo from Visciano. Very nice people. Hope the stilts are tall enough!! Hoping for the best for Bahia...

micah202 - 8-26-2014 at 09:36 AM

....okay Shari....pictures-yer got pictures!?...nudge nudge:spingrin:

vgabndo - 8-26-2014 at 09:41 AM

I have lots of pictures on my Facebook page. I don't post on El Investig8r's turf any more.

chuckie - 8-26-2014 at 09:47 AM

Are you going to tell us how to see them?

DianaT - 8-26-2014 at 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by micah202
Quote:
Originally posted by DianaT
Quote:

Woo hoo??

....some can find big storms to be exhilarating --you should hear some meteorologists--downright -cheering- for the storms!! :bounce::wow::wow:

....what are the winds like up and down the west side??

True, I guess when it does not directly affect an individual, they can find it exhilarating. Tornado chasers get really excited in the name of science, and I sometimes wonder how they feel about the human cost.

In this thread there has been the direct hope for the destruction of someone's property by someone who lost their property, and then to find all of the destruction in one's community exciting, says a lot. :no:

I am sure the photos will be very good.

[Edited on 8-26-2014 by DianaT]

Udo - 8-26-2014 at 10:23 AM

What is the name of your Facebook page?

Quote:
Originally posted by vgabndo
I have lots of pictures on my Facebook page. I don't post on El Investig8r's turf any more.

BajaLuna - 8-26-2014 at 10:24 AM

thanks for keeping us in the loop, Vgabndo and Shari. I would like to see pics too.

I hope everyone stays safe there in BA and that this does not cause any harm to anyone's property or livelihoods.

BajaLuna - 8-26-2014 at 10:29 AM

Vgabndo, I hope you keep posting, I enjoy reading your posts!

vgabndo - 8-26-2014 at 10:34 AM

Contrary to the last couple of months, my name is not chitbird. My Facebook page is Perry Sims. I have some nice Baja storm related info there.

chuckie - 8-26-2014 at 10:38 AM

I'm lost....Whats up with Diana T? I see no one wishing for disaster..she seems awfully catty about nada.....And if Vag isn't going to let us see his pics, why did he mention them?..Oh well...

24baja - 8-26-2014 at 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by vgabndo
Contrary to the last couple of months, my name is not chitbird. My Facebook page is Perry Sims. I have some nice Baja storm related info there.

Hi Perry,

I have looked at your Facebook page and I do not see the storm info you said is there. Is your page the one of you in the Sombrero?

Connie

chuckie - 8-26-2014 at 10:54 AM

So much for that...too many "Perry Sims"....guess we wait....

bajabuddha - 8-26-2014 at 10:58 AM

vags, you're still swatting at the hornet's nest. LEAVE IT BE, MAN. Just post your pics here, and leave it ALONE. Aggravation will get all of the chit started again.

YOU are worth keeping.

micah202 - 8-26-2014 at 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by chuckie
I'm lost....Whats up with Diana T? I see no one wishing for disaster.. ........

me neither--and if I learnt -anything- 'recently'....it's not to throw tequila on a fire...
...DEFINITELY O.T. material ;)

vgabndo - 8-26-2014 at 11:50 AM

https://www.facebook.com/vgabndo

shari - 8-26-2014 at 12:16 PM

I wouldnt be cheering if there was destruction....no houses or structures have been damaged to my knowledge but the waves did come up to everyone's walls. The whole village is driving around and on the banks watching the awesomeness of nature! The high tide came and went, the waves are stunning!

bajabuddha - 8-26-2014 at 12:33 PM

Pics if you please, Shari... some of us are not, and WILL not be facebook joiners. Would love to see a few if you would.

Just a side-note, I remember back to December 25th, 2003... was camped at La Perla beach on Bahia Concepcion; mid-day high tide, somewhat windy and wavy, but the waves were coming up the beach way beyond the ever-before-line and going into the palapas... we didn't realize it for a few days but we were witnessing the Big One, the tsunami from half-way around the world, that even travelled UP the SOC and INTO the B of C !!

Mama Nature has a way of keeping us humbled, glad no loss of property or major damage for you folks at Asuncion. Marie's hitting colder water and will be a CAT-1 by tomorrow night, but you should have a few more days of oohing and awing. Stay dry.

micah202 - 8-26-2014 at 12:33 PM

..pictures,,PICTURES Shari!....need something to pass to the meteorologist fellow!

tripledigitken - 8-26-2014 at 12:33 PM

Quote:
I wouldnt be cheering if there was destruction....no houses or structures have been damaged to my knowledge but the waves did come up to everyone's walls. The whole village is driving around and on the banks watching the awesomeness of nature! The high tide came and went, the waves are stunning!

Shari,

Please post some photos please.

Gracias

micah202 - 8-26-2014 at 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajabuddha

.......Mama Nature has a way of keeping us humbled, ......

...ohhh,,yeh..quite a story on the BofC:wow:
.....I recall something of a midnight 'carwash' myself:o:o;D

chuckie - 8-26-2014 at 12:38 PM

OoooooooooooooooH Shari! YOU are stunning! I imagine the sound is pretty impressive, as well?

shari - 8-26-2014 at 01:55 PM

I have about 2 million photos & videos to look through and I keep having to run outside when I hear a freight train coming...patience grasshoppers and even though the tide is dropping the swell picked up a bit...Juan figures it was 20'!!!! really spectacular and NOISY! alot of stuff on facebook...many say the biggest swell they have ever seen here...damn good thing there is no rain involved with all the water backed up in the low spots.

BajaLuna - 8-26-2014 at 02:29 PM

WOW!

thanks for the update, been anxiously awaiting your news!

vandenberg - 8-26-2014 at 02:35 PM

Surfline estimates current swells at 23.6 feet in Asuncion.

Wow !!

woody with a view - 8-26-2014 at 02:44 PM

it prolly is the biggest swell ever from the south! a New Zealand swell in 72 was huge, but nothing like this......

MMc - 8-26-2014 at 03:01 PM

Linda was bigger and in the window longer, this is a good one though.

BajaLuna - 8-26-2014 at 03:07 PM

COWABUNGA!!

Hope everyone stays safe!

BajaBlanca - 8-26-2014 at 03:19 PM

Huge waves

Well, yesterday and today simply do not compare. Our waves just started growing and growing and smashing about an hour ago! The pounding is non stop!We guess they are over ten feet high and climbing. Nasty mess out there.

FOR THOSE FAMILIAR WITH LA BOCANA, FROM OUR HOUSE WE CAN SEE HUGE WAVES AT ROCA BALLENA, SOME 6 MILES SOUTH AND IN SOME AREAS. OUT THERE WHERE WE HAVE NEVER SEEN WAVES BEFORE.

WE HAVE HEARD THAT THE WATER HAS REACHED UP TP THE NEW BEACH RESTAURANT AND CABANAS ... MAYBE THIS CALLS FOR MARGAITAS SO WE CAN TAKE SOME PICS.

LancairDriver - 8-26-2014 at 03:25 PM

Any pictures of the Asuncion surfers riding those monsters?

Ateo - 8-26-2014 at 06:47 PM

Hey Blanca, that first shot looks like a solid surfing wave. You have a new secret spot to tell us about?

BajaBlanca - 8-26-2014 at 06:51 PM

Right in front of the house! Is that supposed to be a secret? When there is wind, that also happens to be the kite boarding place to be as well.

micah202 - 8-26-2014 at 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
Right in front of the house! Is that supposed to be a secret? When there is wind, that also happens to be the kite boarding place to be as well.

....SHhhh....or you'll soon be VentanaWest :o:O:rolleyes:

msteve1014 - 8-26-2014 at 07:15 PM

It's a once in a lifetime break, you missed it.;)

BajaBlanca - 8-26-2014 at 07:16 PM

Here we are at the cabanas restaurant, enjoying some wicked margaritas and beer.

micah202 - 8-26-2014 at 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by msteve1014
It's a once in a lifetime break, you missed it.;)

,,,,,some of th'wavecult is so obsessed they'll still wait out for the -next- one :rolleyes::rolleyes:

BajaBlanca - 8-26-2014 at 07:19 PM

Here at the restaurant, today....remnants from this mornings flood.

[Edited on 8-27-2014 by BajaBlanca]

Bajaboy - 8-26-2014 at 07:42 PM

Hmmm...those pesky scientists kept saying something like this was going to happen:light: and they said it will happen more often. They sure do get lucky with their science;)

coolhand - 8-26-2014 at 08:32 PM

Wait, it took scientists to say a hurricane swell will hit the coast of Central Baja. They have been hitting the coast long before scientists were even around. Let me be a scientist for a sec..... I guarantee there will be a bigger swell in the next 1000 years. And I also guarantee that there been bigger swells within the last 1000 years. Now pay me Obama! I'm a scientist......

dtbushpilot - 8-26-2014 at 08:34 PM

Scientists said we would have hurricanes in the tropics? Boy, they really went out on a limb with that prediction :lol::lol:

bajabuddha - 8-26-2014 at 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by coolhand
Wait, it took scientists to say a hurricane swell will hit the coast of Central Baja. They have been hitting the coast long before scientists were even around. Let me be a scientist for a sec..... I guarantee there will be a bigger swell in the next 1000 years. And I also guarantee that there been bigger swells within the last 1000 years. Now pay me Obama! I'm a scientist......

Always has to be one on every damned thread... now you have your DIP-loma, go out and find some WMD's...

Shari, to heck with all that wave bologna... how 'bout pics of the marg's??? Have one for Chuckie, and maybe one with me some day...
bb:cool:

wetto - 8-27-2014 at 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
Here at the restaurant, today....remnants from this mornings flood.

Thank you BajaBlanca for the cool photos.

[Edited on 8-27-2014 by BajaBlanca]

wetto - 8-27-2014 at 07:48 AM

have the waves passed by and died down or is there continuing threat to buildings and other infrastructures.
Whishing all insignificant damages.
I do love watching Mother Nature.

Pages:  1