BajaNomad

Bus options to Tijuana?

lenstewart - 10-27-2014 at 07:49 AM

Hola: for some reason, I am unable to find online up to date information on bus travel from Mulege to Tijuana. Mostly, I'm interested in ticket cost, possibility of making reservations, approximate travel time, and if there are varying levels of travel: economy, business, upscale with amenities, etc. Can anyone point me to a website that works or post information you may have? Mil Gracias

Mulegena - 10-27-2014 at 10:20 AM

Hi, Len
Have you been down to the bus station?
They can give you the approximate times and costs and may possibly know a website. I rode once a number of years ago and it was a very good experience. Cold, so take a blanket. Some buses have wifi now, too.
I'll ask my friend who is coming into town this afternoon via Loreto. She's in-transit now, but seems to be up on the bus schedule so may have something to add here.
Mulegena

lenstewart - 10-28-2014 at 06:17 AM

Gracias. Wonder if there's any way to get on one with wifi...or if it's just chance. Iĺl go look for the bus station and see if they have info. Dayla's feedback would be cool too.

wilderone - 10-28-2014 at 09:30 AM

"... varying levels of travel: economy, business, upscale with amenities, etc" ??
No. The bus lines that service the peninsula are pretty much the same. One bus could be cleaner (toilet, windows, floor) than another. The driver puts air conditioning on early AM and doesn't turn it off until late, so it gets cold. If your bus is packed it gets a little uncomfortable. My last trip last year from Loreto to TJ was very enjoyable. No more than 12 people were on the bus, and it was much cleaner than the trip down.
Also, you can buy your ticket in advance and choose your seat. Mulege to TJ is a relatively short trip regardless.

Bob and Susan - 10-28-2014 at 01:28 PM

buy the ticket the morning before you travel

mulege to tj is around 1450pesos

the bus leaves as early as 3pm and as late as 6pm
ask when you buy the ticket

it drives all night...bring a pillow and blanket (cold)
movies till about 10pm (Spanish)

you arrive at the tj bus station in the morning
bring pesos (coins) 3 pesos for bathroom at tj and Ensenada

taxi to the border if that where you are going
walk across
trolly is right there...goes to to train station in san diego...
bus 992 arrives on the corner every 15 mins for airport

Pompano - 10-28-2014 at 01:47 PM

Reading the following post on a bus ride from Mulege to Tijuana is optional for sure, but it might provide something useful. Good luck and keep us posted on the trip.

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=34840#pid3644...