BajaNomad

Is Laguna Percebu going to share the same fate

rts551 - 12-7-2014 at 01:27 PM

And how will this affect our estuaries.. I don't know if anyone has looked at this yet.

http://www.reuters.com/video/2014/11/20/where-the-sea-is-clo...

elgatoloco - 12-7-2014 at 11:41 PM

Sucks for those poor folks in Alaska. Should not be a problem at Percebu. Well documented that the sea of Cortez has not risen one bit in the last 40+ years. If you search on this forum you can find the peer reviewed studies that were done by the resident climate expert. All very well documented and backed up with solid science. Just a bunch of rich gringos there anyways, right? :saint:

Bajaboy - 12-8-2014 at 07:29 AM

Quote: Originally posted by elgatoloco  
Sucks for those poor folks in Alaska. Should not be a problem at Percebu. Well documented that the sea of Cortez has not risen one bit in the last 40+ years. If you search on this forum you can find the peer reviewed studies that were done by the resident climate expert. All very well documented and backed up with solid science. Just a bunch of rich gringos there anyways, right? :saint:

I used to be swayed by science......but the deniers are pretty convincing:lol:

rts551 - 12-8-2014 at 07:37 AM

While we now know that Percebu is risk free, (some one told us so) What about some of the other areas. Magdalena Bay, Estero Coyote, Estero La Bocana. ? La Paz Bay? I wonder what is in store for them. Will the water rise enough to destroy the land masses that protect these estuaries?

mtgoat666 - 12-8-2014 at 08:13 AM

Quote: Originally posted by rts551  
And how will this affect our estuaries.. I don't know if anyone has looked at this yet.

http://www.reuters.com/video/2014/11/20/where-the-sea-is-clo...

The issue has been "looked at." But best to not discuss it on this forum, as the denialists will show up and drown out the conversation with their shouting that it's all a pack of lies, a conspiracy hatched by by al gore to fleece people thru new taxes. The denialists are mostly liars, but a few are fools that believe the lies.
Peace out!

Perecebu waterfront is probably an ok purchase. Those shacks are cheap, the land is leased, and you won't loose much when your depreciated shack washes out to sea. Enjoy it while you can, and don't get too attached to it!

wilderone - 12-8-2014 at 08:15 AM

At least at places like Percebu, there is a place to go - inland. The problem with these people on the Alaska island, they don't want to go to the mainland. My take-away with the film was, why millions of federal dollars spent trying to tame Mother Nature? They probably could have given each resident $300,000 to relocate if they chose. Plenty of open land in Alaska. If they want to go down with the ship - their personal choice. You gotta weigh cost-benefit as a matter of common sense.

David K - 12-8-2014 at 08:19 AM

Do you guys know the story of Chicken Little?

Here is the intro from Wiki:

Henny Penny, more commonly known as Chicken Little and sometimes as Chicken Licken, is a folk tale with a moral in the form of a cumulative tale about a chicken who believes the world is coming to an end. The phrase "The sky is falling!" features prominently in the story, and has passed into the English language as a common idiom indicating a hysterical or mistaken belief that disaster is imminent. Versions of the story go back more than 25 centuries; it continues to be referenced in a variety of media.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[As much as you want to believe the media and politicians, I suggest you trust your own eyes first. If you can go to the same street or road or rocky shore next to the high tide line 40-50 years ago, and still do so today, the amount or rate of sea level change isn't a crisis. IF it is rising, there is still NOTHING you can do to change it, like the other animals of the world, you adapt to the earth. The earth doesn't adapt to you, nor are you so mighty that you can change the earth.]

rts551 - 12-8-2014 at 08:28 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Do you guys know the story of Chicken Little?

Here is the intro from Wiki:

Henny Penny, more commonly known as Chicken Little and sometimes as Chicken Licken, is a folk tale with a moral in the form of a cumulative tale about a chicken who believes the world is coming to an end. The phrase "The sky is falling!" features prominently in the story, and has passed into the English language as a common idiom indicating a hysterical or mistaken belief that disaster is imminent. Versions of the story go back more than 25 centuries; it continues to be referenced in a variety of media.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[As much as you want to believe the media and politicians, I suggest you trust your own eyes first. If you can go to the same street or road or rocky shore next to the high tide line 40-50 years ago, and still do so today, the amount or rate of sea level change isn't a crisis. IF it is rising, there is still NOTHING you can do to change it, like the other animals of the world, you adapt to the earth. The earth doesn't adapt to you, nor are you so mighty that you can change the earth.]

Is this from the same person that told you CR is on the take? I believe there are enough measurements on sea level rising out there that if you laid eyes on them you would change your mind...of course there is always the story of the head in the sand...or in some cases head up their arse.

rts551 - 12-8-2014 at 08:31 AM

Back to the post...What do your think is going to happen to the estuaries of BCS. They are wildlife wonders.

David K - 12-8-2014 at 08:32 AM

While we now know that Percebu is risk free, (some one told us so) What about some of the other areas. Magdalena Bay, Estero Coyote, Estero La Bocana. ? La Paz Bay? I wonder what is in store for them. Will the water rise enough to destroy the land mburros that protect these estuaries?

Who? I don't stay at Percebu and haven't camped there since one time in 1966 (oh, and where I camped is still the same height above sea level).

I grew up in a house on the beach in Del Mar CA... just a few feet higher than sea level... the street I lived on in 1957-1964 is still a few feet higher than sea level, 57 years later!

Bahia Concepcion and the pre-1970 main Baja road to La Paz there splashed into the water at high tide in a couple places... and it still does today... rocky road bed not moving sand.

Those are the two places I base my observations of relative sea level on, two places 800 miles apart. In some places the land is sinking due to plate tectonics or soil degradation, like coral or volcanic islands, so be careful where you see claims of sea level rising since sea level is the basis for measuring elevation and doesn't rise in just one place and not all over... unless you want to claim gravity is different in the paces the ocean is higher!?

55steve - 12-8-2014 at 08:36 AM

Back to the post...What do your think is going to happen to the estuaries of BCS. They are wildlife wonders.

As the sea rises it covers new areas creating new estuaries....

David K - 12-8-2014 at 08:40 AM

Quote: Originally posted by 55steve  

As the sea rises it covers new areas creating new estuaries....

:light: AND the animals are smart enough to move if they need to!

Ricardo - 12-8-2014 at 08:47 AM

The video wasn't about sea levels rising but land thawing out and sinking . The sea levels are falling in Alaska and BC or I suspect the land is rising.
see map here, http://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/sltrends/sltrends.html
Rick

rts551 - 12-8-2014 at 08:47 AM

A different more scientific approach

http://cal-adapt.org/sealevel/

http://pacinst.org/publication/the-impacts-of-sea-level-rise...

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2014/08/21/3474061/californ...

I can find very little on Baja but one can assume the same coastline will have the same impacts.

and lots more....

David K - 12-8-2014 at 08:50 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Ricardo  
The video wasn't about sea levels rising but land thawing out and sinking . The sea levels are falling in Alaska and BC or I suspect the land is rising.
Rick

Great Map!!!

rts551 - 12-8-2014 at 08:52 AM

Rick

True where the permafrost is melting the ground is sinking.

rts551 - 12-8-2014 at 08:54 AM

Rick

Great Map!!!

Thanks David. I will take that as your agreement. It shows rising sea levels on the entire California california coast

David K - 12-8-2014 at 08:59 AM

No, take it for what I said: Great Map. I love maps and ones that illustrate well what they are meant to. I don't only like things or people that agree with my politics. I have many liberal friends, and I even tried being friendly to you and Diana T years ago.

rts551 - 12-8-2014 at 09:03 AM

Rick

from the same site.

Just as the surface of the Earth is not flat, the surface of the oceans is also not flat, and this sea surface is not changing at the same rate globally. For instance, it is known that the absolute water level height is higher along the West Coast of the United States than the East Coast. However, publications often refer to Global Sea Level, or the average height of all the Earth's oceans. "Global Sea Level Rise" refers to the increase currently observed in the average Global Sea Level Trend, which is primarily attributed to changes in ocean volume due to two factors: ice melt and thermal expansion. Melting of glaciers and continental ice masses, such as the Greenland ice sheet, which are linked to changes in atmospheric temperature, can contribute significant amounts of freshwater input to the Earth's oceans. Additionally, a steady increase in global atmospheric temperature creates an expansion of saline sea water (i.e., salt water) molecules (called thermal expansion), thereby increasing ocean volume. The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Report estimates that the global sea level rise was approximately 1.7-1.8 millimeters per year (mm/yr) over the past century (IPCC, 2007), based on tide station measurements around the world, with projected increased trends in sea level in the 20th Century based on global climate models.

dtbushpilot - 12-8-2014 at 09:15 AM

Can't wait to get out and fish all those new reefs....

the proof is in the pudding no?

shari - 12-8-2014 at 09:16 AM

Over the last 25 years I have seen quite drastic changes in the lagoon..notable there as it is so flat that even a small rise in sea level floods more ground. We kept having to move our camp every few years. Our first camp and where the original ticket shack was is completely underwater now at any high tide.

They had to make a new road as the old one gets flooded alot...it is between the rocks in this photo of a high tide last season. The opening in the middle of the photo was a popular campsite. The ejido has now closed all the beach sites and made new camps further up on the other side of the road.

Izaak loved playing in the shallow water of the old road.

[Edited on 12-8-2014 by shari]

David K - 12-8-2014 at 09:29 AM

Thank you Shari... is that every high tide now, or just the extreme lunar tides that flood the road?

For example, same place on two different trips, one year apart, high tide:

Not so high:

rts551 - 12-8-2014 at 09:32 AM

Quote: Originally posted by shari  
Over the last 25 years I have seen quite drastic changes in the lagoon..notable there as it is so flat that even a small rise in sea level floods more ground. We kept having to move our camp every few years. Our first camp and where the original ticket shack was is completely underwater now at any high tide.

They had to make a new road as the old one gets flooded alot...it is between the rocks in this photo of a high tide last season. The opening in the middle of the photo was a popular campsite. The ejido has now closed all the beach sites and made new camps further up on the other side of the road.

Izaak loved playing in the shallow water of the old road.

[Edited on 12-8-2014 by shari]

hmmm I expect the rising water will also affect the Federal Zone.

shari - 12-8-2014 at 09:35 AM

yes DK, it was at a very high tide but the point was that years ago even at extreme high tides, the water didnt come up to where it comes up to now.

monoloco - 12-8-2014 at 10:34 AM

Rick
That's a great resource. In most places sea levels are rising, sea levels are falling mostly in northern latitudes, due to the land rising from retreating glaciers exerting less weight on the land.

monoloco - 12-8-2014 at 10:37 AM

Rick

True where the permafrost is melting the ground is sinking.
The island in the video is also being affected by erosion due to less sea ice.

DianaT - 12-8-2014 at 10:39 AM

I have many liberal friends, and I even tried being friendly to you and Diana T years ago.

Nice troll DK--- just right along the level you are. :barf:

hmmm I expect the rising water will also affect the Federal Zone.

It will be interesting to see what happens to the Federal Zone in many places, especially in places where the gringos have had to legally fight to keep from having it changed over and over.

Thanks for the interesting links. And that map is an interesting study.

monoloco - 12-8-2014 at 10:40 AM

Quote: Originally posted by dtbushpilot  
Yeah, one of those reefs might be your house someday.:lol:

rts551 - 12-8-2014 at 11:57 AM

We are seeing this along our coastline as well.

Quote: Originally posted by shari  
yes DK, it was at a very high tide but the point was that years ago even at extreme high tides, the water didnt come up to where it comes up to now.

Skipjack Joe - 12-9-2014 at 04:08 AM

I feel my temperature rising ...

[Edited on 12-10-2014 by Skipjack Joe]

David K - 12-9-2014 at 08:33 AM

Quote: Originally posted by DianaT  

I have many liberal friends, and I even tried being friendly to you and Diana T years ago.

Oh, and this entire thread isn't a troll "Is Laguna Percebu going to share the same fate" LOL. I was honest... and I have tried many times since. I don't understand why some people don't want to be nice?

DianaT - 12-9-2014 at 01:09 PM

You continue to amuse. I had nothing to do with this thread until after your lame troll. Amusing and crazy response.:lol::lol:

Quote: Originally posted by DianaT  

Oh, and this entire thread isn't a troll "Is Laguna Percebu going to share the same fate" LOL. I was honest... and I have tried many times since. I don't understand why some people don't want to be nice?

rts551 - 12-9-2014 at 02:32 PM

NO KOOKS, especially dishonest ones.

David K - 12-9-2014 at 03:43 PM

That would be a nice start!:light:

rts551 - 12-9-2014 at 04:05 PM

yes it would...but at 9.5 posts per day over the last 12 years its not likely to happen.

dtbushpilot - 12-9-2014 at 05:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by monoloco  
Quote: Originally posted by dtbushpilot  
Yeah, one of those reefs might be your house someday.:lol:

Excellent!, maybe I'll be able to cast from my deck in my golden years.:lol:

honda tom - 12-9-2014 at 10:30 PM

A different more scientific approach

http://cal-adapt.org/sealevel/

http://pacinst.org/publication/the-impacts-of-sea-level-rise...

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2014/08/21/3474061/californ...

WOW..... Thinkprogress, the CA state legislature and the San Fran Examiner as a more scientific report! Cmon man.

I guess for some its important to think that they matter that much. Besides, I thought we were through with "Global warming" and now it was "climate change".

and lots more....

David K - 12-10-2014 at 08:28 AM

Bingo Tom! The people who think they are more powerful than God are really something. The climate has always been changing, and the sea levels as well... long before man was here... and long after we are gone.

Bajaboy - 12-10-2014 at 08:44 AM

Bingo Tom! The people who think they are more powerful than God are really something. The climate has always been changing, and the sea levels as well... long before man was here... and long after we are gone.

David, does pollution change the environment?

rts551 - 12-10-2014 at 08:57 AM

:no:

Skipjack Joe - 12-10-2014 at 09:05 AM

:lol::lol::lol:

You mean God is rising the seas and then lowering them? Doesn't he have better things to do?

"Oh, too many polar bears now. I'll have to warm those polar caps a bit"

David K - 12-10-2014 at 09:06 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajaboy  

As a general rule, pollution meaning the ugly smog and dirty rivers that existed when I was a kid in the 60's-70's (that we cleaned up), I don't like it anymore than you.

However, some are spinning the meaning to serve their special interests, so I have some questions to be clear what you are asking:

The environment or the climate?
Man made pollution or something else?
What is pollution? When the natural gas CO2, that all plants breathe to live is called a pollutant, in order to tax us and hurt the economy, then it kind of takes away the meaning of the word.

Thank you.

Bajaboy - 12-10-2014 at 10:28 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajaboy  

As a general rule, pollution meaning the ugly smog and dirty rivers that existed when I was a kid in the 60's-70's (that we cleaned up), I don't like it anymore than you.

However, some are spinning the meaning to serve their special interests, so I have some questions to be clear what you are asking:

The environment or the climate?
Man made pollution or something else?
What is pollution? When the natural gas CO2, that all plants breathe to live is called a pollutant, in order to tax us and hurt the economy, then it kind of takes away the meaning of the word.

Thank you.

David, were those dirty rivers with the toxic sludge created by man? Did they affect the environment?

If so, should we care or just rely on God to clean up the mess?

rts551 - 12-10-2014 at 10:32 AM

Think I'll make a little hole in the OZONE today... got nothing better to do.

David K - 12-10-2014 at 10:48 AM

Zac, you missed where I said that WE (man, Americans, etc.) cleaned up the mess from that era. It effected our environment, sure... But did it change the global climate? Hardly! Just one volcano can do far more damage than man. Volcanos are natural, and the earth deals with it.

Have some faith in the planet, Nature, God, something! Otherwise you will never be happy, and is that any way to live?

Bajaboy - 12-10-2014 at 10:56 AM

Zac, you missed where I said that WE (man, Americans, etc.) cleaned up the mess from that era. It effected our environment, sure... But did it change the global climate? Hardly! Just one volcano can do far more damage than man. Volcanos are natural, and the earth deals with it.

Have some faith in the planet, Nature, God, something! Otherwise you will never be happy, and is that any way to live?

I wonder if Cherynoble affected the environment.

Don't worry David, I'm plenty happy.

David K - 12-10-2014 at 04:41 PM

The Soviet Union (big government at the max) and Eastern Europe under communism (or as they called is 'socialism')... actually killed forests with their pollution and lack of safegaurds or lack of ownership by people.

Free enterprise, capitalist corporations and private ownership is what cleaned up America because the people (customers/ stockholders/ voters) demanded it. When government dictates from the top down, as in ultra big government countries, nobody is responsible.

rts551 - 12-10-2014 at 04:44 PM

The Soviet Union (big government at the max) and Eastern Europe under communism (or as they called is 'socialism')... actually killed forests with their pollution and lack of safegaurds or lack of ownership by people.

Free enterprise, capitalist corporations and private ownership is what cleaned up America because the people (customers/ stockholders/ voters) demanded it. When government dictates from the top down, as in ultra big government countries, nobody is responsible.

excuse me? corporations, private ownership. free enterprise cleaned it up....I guess you think this was all done without government intervention?

David K - 12-10-2014 at 04:45 PM

Try reading it again... I said voters played a part.

rts551 - 12-10-2014 at 04:51 PM

Try reading it again... I said voters played a part.

I quoted you ...so what you said was

"Free enterprise, capitalist corporations and private ownership is what cleaned up America because the people (customers/ stockholders/ voters) demanded it. When government dictates from the top down, as in ultra big government countries, nobody is responsible."

Implying government played only a negative role... Integrity David, Integrity.

David K - 12-10-2014 at 06:32 PM

That's okay, we have had 8 years of big government in the senate, and the people have spoken. The House was corrected 2 years ago, and the White House will changed in 2 more years. The longest and worst recovery in our history will finally accelerate and get people back their dignity and off food stamps! Now, if only we can get the trillions spent back... more money spent the last 6 years than all the previous administrations/ congresses, combined... and for what??!!

bajadogs - 12-10-2014 at 07:27 PM

DK,
Your ignorant, myopic delusions belong off-topic. I've asked many times and have never received a logical answer as to why and how you get away with such nonsense while refusing to go off-topic.

Because you don't participate in off-topic don't you think none of us should have a clue that you are such a right winger? It's so offensive and childish. I apologize for this non-Baja post and so should you! Knock it off!

willardguy - 12-10-2014 at 07:30 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajadogs  
DK,
Your ignorant, myopic delusions belong off-topic. I've asked many times and have never received a logical answer as to why and how you get away with such nonsense while refusing to go off-topic.

Because you don't participate in off-topic don't you think none of us should have a clue that you are such a right winger? It's so offensive and childish. I apologize for this non-Baja post and so should you! Knock it off!

obviously fourty-two thousand one hundred and fifty-seven posts buys you special consideration?:?:

[Edited on 12-11-2014 by willardguy]

Tioloco - 12-10-2014 at 07:36 PM

That is a staggering number. That is a serious commitment.

rts551 - 12-10-2014 at 07:39 PM

9.5 per day for more than 12 years. thats every day for 12 years. THATS NOT JUST COMMITMENT. No wonder he has to make some stuff...its the only way to keep the count going.

willardguy - 12-10-2014 at 07:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Tioloco  
That is a staggering number. That is a serious commitment.

yup, that's a buttload of whoppers and doozies!:lol:

Tioloco - 12-10-2014 at 07:42 PM

I think I am good with 2 stars.....

Bajaboy - 12-10-2014 at 07:56 PM

That's okay, we have had 8 years of big government in the senate, and the people have spoken. The House was corrected 2 years ago, and the White House will changed in 2 more years. The longest and worst recovery in our history will finally accelerate and get people back their dignity and off food stamps! Now, if only we can get the trillions spent back... more money spent the last 6 years than all the previous administrations/ congresses, combined... and for what??!!

Just a fyi, Obama has created more jobs than W and H Bush combined. Not exactly sure how you qualify your statement:?: As for the trillions, are you referring to the unfunded wars or tax breaks for the corporations and billionaires?

Tioloco - 12-10-2014 at 08:02 PM

I only have 2 stars.... forgive me for my naïveté..So what does it take to get a thread moved to OFF TOPIC? Seems there are only a handful of posters over there.

MMc - 12-10-2014 at 08:12 PM

We all need a place to shine, this is DK's.
He does love Baja but he does not spend much time there. He spends a couple of long weekends and maybe a odd week per year. I don't think he's gone south without a report.

9.5 per day for more than 12 years. thats every day for 12 years. THATS NOT JUST COMMITMENT. No wonder he has to make some stuff...its the only way to keep the count going.

honda tom - 12-10-2014 at 09:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by MMc  
He does love Baja but he does not spend much time there. He spends a couple of long weekends and maybe a odd week per year. I don't think he's gone south without a report.

So what exactly is the mandatory travel days per year you require? Wondering if my trip reports will be "worthy".

bajadogs - 12-10-2014 at 09:37 PM

9.5 per day is impressive (especially compared to mine). I wonder if it's possible to recount the posts excluding all political rants, Toyota advertisements, and re-posts.
I hate dog-piling on him but what makes him so above the rules of the forum?

bajadogs - 12-10-2014 at 09:40 PM

One thing is for sure. For a dude who doesn't fish.. He sure knows how to make bait. :)

bajadogs - 12-10-2014 at 10:03 PM

Here it comes... He's typing his reply about how liberals attack him all the time and how he must defend himself.

I believe the scientists. Percebu may not have seen much yet but the whole washtub effect in the SOC should be on the radar with these man made atmospheric changes. I actually worry more about species besides ours in the upper SOC.

[Edited on 12-11-2014 by bajadogs]

BeemerDan - 12-10-2014 at 11:56 PM

When it comes to Baja, You couldn't shine DK's shoes:lol:

bajadogs - 12-11-2014 at 12:36 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BeemerDan  

I've meet many people who would never consider that.

chuckie - 12-11-2014 at 05:35 AM

Shoes? In Baja?

David K - 12-11-2014 at 07:47 AM

Good Morning All,

As for trips, the ones taken over just 5 years (2005-2010) fill up my web site links real well, and those aren't all the trips taken, either. Sadly, my trips depend on the economy. Until the economy gets back to pre-2008 levels, I am unable to just go have fun all the time. When I do go, I am thinking of you, my friends, and providing the best detail on how it all was on my trips. Sorry, it isn't more... but I see improvements in the economy in the near future!

On VivaBaja.com is the following, and here on BajaNomad.com are more...

David K's Baja Trip Photos:

May, '99 To Mision Santa Maria by land and air, with BajaMur

July, '00 Exploring with Lorenzo: Las Pintas, San Fernando, El Marmol, San Juan de Dios, Observatory.

New Year's '01 with Lorenzo: San Vicente, Agua Caliente Hot Springs, Shell Island, Baja's two Sulfur Mines

PREZ DAY 2001 with amigos to Sulfur Mine, Shell Island, & Matomi Canyon

PREZ DAY (by Amo Pescar)

PREZ DAY (by El Gato Loco)

Apr. '01 San Borja, Cave Art, Rock Palms with Amo, Chris, & Neal Johns

July '01 BBBB-1 party and Viva Baja Van trip to L.A. Bay

Aug. '01 Punta Cabras & Guadalupe Valley Trips

Nov. '01 BBBB-2 GUADALUPE CANYON

Dec.'01 15 Days in Baja, to Cabo and back

April '02 trip to Bay of Los Angeles!

Sept. '02 BBBB-4, San Quintin

Nov '02 trips to Agua Dulce, Gonzaga Bay Sidetrips

Dec, '02 North and South of L.A. Bay

April, '03: Mision Santa Maria, El Volcan, and More!

May '03: Book Signing Party & Shell Island/Lower Matomi Canyon!

June '03: Baja 500 Off Road Race

July '03: Camp Gecko, San Borja, Catavina Rock Art

Nov. '03: Gonzaga Bay and El Camino Real Hike

Jan. '04: New Year's in Baja, Bahia de Los Angeles & San Borja

Feb. '04: Matomi Group Trip (incl. Shell Island & Sulfur Mine)

Apr. '04: Exotic Baja Canyons, with jide

May '04: Book Signing Party II

July '04: Camp Gecko, La Gringa, Las Animas

July '04: The 'BajaCactus' BBQ at JR's

Aug '04 Baja Cactus Cultural Fiesta

Nov.'04: El Rosario Area Side Trips

Jan. '05: New Year's in Baja, Rock Art, Bahia de Los Angeles & Bahia San Luis Gonzaga

Feb. '05: Weekend with Aletha & Marvin Patchen in the Anza-Borrego Desert

Feb. '05: San Felipe 250 Race Weekend - including trip to Shell Island

Apr.'05: Off Road Day Trip to Cantamar

Apr. '05: Pyramid Resort's Third Annual Baja Book Signing Event

Apr. '05: Guadalupe Canyon trip

May '05 Memorial Day Weekend in El Rosario

July '05 Nomad 4WD Tour, Baja-Rosario Festival '05, and Shell Island

Sept.,'05: Across Baja via Mike's Sky Rancho (San Quintin to Shell Island)

Sept '05: Las Pintas Fossil Grotto, incl. detailed road log

Oct '05: Hector's Monument, L.A. Bay visit, La Lobera, Mision Santo Domingo

Nov.'05: Los Martires to El Socorro with Boojums and Petroglyps (also missions Santo Tomas and Rosario)

Dec., '05: Coastline south of El Rosario (Punta Baja to Punta San Carlos)

Jan. '06: New Year's near San Felipe and in Cañon el Berrendo

Jan. '06: El Marmol & El Volcan (Baja's Cold Water Geyser)

Feb. '06 El Rosario's Petrified Forest & La Bocana Beach

Apr. '06: Espinoza Museum, Search for Santa Ursula, Las Pintas & more!

May '06: Pyramid Resort's Book Signing Event #4

June '06: Baja 500 & Mision Santa Catalina

June '06: Shell Island, Ejido Delicias & Matomi Canyon

July '06: Baja-Rosario Cultural Festival

Aug.'06: Nuevo Mazatlan Weekend

Sept.,'06: Guadalupe Canyon Weekend

Nov.'06: Baja 1000 Trip, including La Lobera, Cataviña cave, L.A. Bay, Gonzaga Bay, Shell Island.

Feb.,'07: La Turquesa Grade, Campo Beluga, Puertecitos, Shell Island

May, '07: Pyramid Resort's Book Signing Event #5

May, '07: To Mision Santa Maria, Big Horn Sheep and More!

July, '07: El Rosario Festival, Remote Pacific Coast, Bahia Asuncion, Mulege, and more!

Jan. '08: Guadalupe Canyon Hot Springs and La Vibora Canyon Petroglyphs

May '08: Pyramid Resort's Book Signing Event #6

May, '08: Shell Island Weekend

Sept., '08: Shell Island to Gonzaga Bay, and El Rosario

Jan. '09: A Lost Mission Found!

May '09: Shell Island Fun in the Sun!

July '09: Shell Island for the Fourth of July

July '09: Ignacio Springs, Playa Frambes, Loreto, 7 mission sites,
Mama Espinoza and much more!

Oct. '09: Shell Island again, just can't get enough!

May '10 2010 Mision Santa Maria trip

[Edited on 12-11-2014 by David K]

mtgoat666 - 12-12-2014 at 09:13 AM

and speaking of the weather,.... seems like some GOP are progressive,...

Half Of Republicans Back Limits On Carbon, Poll Shows

WASHINGTON (AP) — When Republicans take control of Congress next month, top on their agenda will be undoing environmental regulations they claim will harm the economy, chief among them President Barack Obama's plans to limit heat-trapping carbon pollution from coal-fired power plants.

The results of a new poll from the Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research and Yale University show their priorities may be misplaced.

Six in 10 Americans, including half of all Republicans, said they support regulation of carbon dioxide pollution, although they weren't asked how. Nearly half of Republicans said the U.S. should lead the global fight to curb climate change, even if it means taking action when other countries do not. And majorities across party lines said environmental protections "improve economic growth and provide new jobs" in the long run, a popular Obama administration talking point.

:light::light::light::light::light::light:

rts551 - 12-12-2014 at 08:27 PM

Probably not, because if you knew me, you would know all my time is spent in Baja and not on the internet. no shiny shoes here Beemer

rts551 - 12-12-2014 at 08:46 PM

Hey beemer, once you get the brown off your nose you might find out there is a lot of people who explore and know about Mexico... If you can make it this far south....look me up