BajaNomad

Scott Burris missing in Baja (update: FOUND)

BajaNomad - 5-4-2015 at 06:08 PM

From a post on Talk Baja:

"If you've seen this van in Baja since the Norra 1000 message me. Scott Burris was chasing the race in this and has been missing since the night of the finish in Cabo."

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TalkBaja/permalink/107664619...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TalkBaja/permalink/107664994...

11209756_686728724772244_5617288340630264072_n.jpg - 90kB 11209773_686697148108735_4311805900671448319_n.jpg - 66kB

[Edited on 5-5-2015 by BajaNomad]

BajaNomad - 5-4-2015 at 06:36 PM

AZ license plate FRED TU

...and a Baja Nomad sticker on the back window apparently.

:o

BajaNomad - 5-4-2015 at 06:54 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaNomad  

...and a Baja Nomad sticker on the back window apparently.

BajaNomad.BumpStick.gif - 10kB

Scott found

Corky1 - 5-5-2015 at 09:17 AM

Thank you Mr. Nomad for this posting

Scott was located as of friday morning a BOLA.

Van and Scott OK.

Thanks to all Baja people for the help!!

Will update when he gets home.

elgatoloco - 5-5-2015 at 09:23 AM

Good news. Does that van sleep four? ;)

BajaGeoff - 5-5-2015 at 09:41 AM

Awesome news! You are funny gato loco!

DENNIS - 5-5-2015 at 10:06 AM

Very cool. Thanks.

Desertbull - 5-5-2015 at 10:52 AM

:bounce:

Probably the best time of his life...right Matt?

Disappear and play hooky ... sounds like a normal Baja trip for me:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

BajaBlanca - 5-5-2015 at 11:40 AM

whew .... wonderful ending!

rdrrm8e - 5-5-2015 at 11:52 AM

Happy ending indeed....!:cool::o;):biggrin:

elgatoloco - 5-5-2015 at 12:55 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaGeoff  
Awesome news! You are funny gato loco!

Daydreaming of Baja and...............I love Tecate! :saint:

elgatoloco - 5-5-2015 at 12:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Desertbull  
:bounce:

Probably the best time of his life...right Matt?

Disappear and play hooky ... sounds like a normal Baja trip for me:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

When I grow up I wanna be you. I would love to have a second career that involves playing hooky and disappearing! :cool:

Keep up the good work. :rolleyes::lol:

LOL

captkw - 5-5-2015 at 09:39 PM

That boy is a grinning from ear to ear !!! "Ya, I go to mex for the fishing"....

Corky1 - 5-7-2015 at 06:23 AM

Thanks to all that helped.
Van, Bike and chase driver returned to Az 5-6-15

Corky

ligui - 5-7-2015 at 06:27 AM

Nice to scare friends that you missing in baja .

Bajahowodd - 5-7-2015 at 03:41 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaNomad  
From a post on Talk Baja:

"If you've seen this van in Baja since the Norra 1000 message me. Scott Burris was chasing the race in this and has been missing since the night of the finish in Cabo."

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TalkBaja/permalink/107664619...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TalkBaja/permalink/107664994...

Great to see that the dude was OK.

But I did want to make a point to Bajanomad.

I have mentioned this before to my friend Ron Hoff. There are some folks who simply feel that Facebook is not their cup of tea for a number of reasons, which I will not enumerate here.

Just wanted to mention that those of us who refuse to be enslaved by Facebook, cannot access links to there posted on Bajanomad.

David K - 5-7-2015 at 04:10 PM

Are you saying those links do not work if you click on them? They should work just like any web site link... just click an look at the photos or read the posts... no different than Baja Nomad.

What I don't care for about Facebook is finding past posts is impossible without scrolling way way back through time. That is where a forum is way more user-friendly.

I maintain a Facebook account for The Old Missions book readers and Baja mission history fans, to see more photos and data that isn't in the book, plus a personal account because that's the way many family members and friends exchange photos and opinions or jokes, etc. I don't like it all that much, but... it is the way of today.

http://facebook.com/oldmissions

bkbend - 5-7-2015 at 05:48 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Are you saying those links do not work if you click on them?

That's what he's saying. And, it's true. Without an account and password we can't get in, the link goes to a login screen.

basautter - 5-7-2015 at 06:50 PM

Gotta love the Nomad for getting the word out! :bounce:

David K - 5-7-2015 at 10:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bkbend  
Are you saying those links do not work if you click on them?

That's what he's saying. And, it's true. Without an account and password we can't get in, the link goes to a login screen.

Now, that is news to me, nobody has reported any problem looking at http://facebook.com/oldmissions

There are many Baja places that have a Facebook page as a web site and not any other... Is it a big deal to register, like you did to join Nomad?

BajaNomad - 5-8-2015 at 12:20 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajahowodd  

Just wanted to mention that those of us who refuse to be enslaved by Facebook, cannot access links to there posted on Bajanomad.

It wasn't a requirement that you would need to - as the news was shared here in this thread as well. It was simply providing the source of the information, as some would want to know.

:biggrin:

[Edited on 5-8-2015 by BajaNomad]

chuckie - 5-8-2015 at 04:45 AM

Wodd just needed his daily whine....

rts551 - 5-8-2015 at 08:12 AM

Are you saying those links do not work if you click on them? They should work just like any web site link... just click an look at the photos or read the posts... no different than Baja Nomad.

What I don't care for about Facebook is finding past posts is impossible without scrolling way way back through time. That is where a forum is way more user-friendly.

I maintain a Facebook account for The Old Missions book readers and Baja mission history fans, to see more photos and data that isn't in the book, plus a personal account because that's the way many family members and friends exchange photos and opinions or jokes, etc. I don't like it all that much, but... it is the way of today.

Its not impossible to find old posts. Just like here, use the search function. its located in the upper right hand corner of the page.

DianaT - 5-8-2015 at 08:27 AM

Links to facebook work only if one is a member of facebook and the search works very well on group facebook pages like TalkBaja.

If one has not joined facebook, the links won't work.

David K - 5-8-2015 at 08:37 AM

Yes, bkbend already said this yesterday after I asked. Thank you both, none-the-same.

So, how about my follow up question posted yesterday: "Is it a big deal to register, like you did to join Nomad?"

Ralph, you would have to know what to search for, right? I mean on a forum, you want to see all recent trip reports, you go to the trip reports section. There is no 'section' or sub-forum on a Facebook page to see just trip reports or any other category of interest, right?

DianaT - 5-8-2015 at 08:49 AM

Yes, bkbend already said this yesterday after I asked. Thank you both, none-the-same.

So, how about my follow up question posted yesterday: "Is it a big deal to register, like you did to join Nomad?"

Ralph, you would have to know what to search for, right? I mean on a forum, you want to see all recent trip reports, you go to the trip reports section. There is no 'section' or sub-forum on a Facebook page to see just trip reports or any other category of interest, right?

It is easy to join facebook, but some just do not want to do so for their own reasons. Except one has to be approved to join a group page, or in some cases invited to join. But to start a personal page is simple and a matter of choice.

It is a fast moving medium with many, many people participating with such a variety of information. On talkbaja, up to the minute postings of things like the strike from gringos who live there is great and besides there is more participation from some locals. It definitely is not a place that can be dominated by any one person.

And facebook is now considered old-fashion by some. :-)

[Edited on 5-8-2015 by DianaT]

rts551 - 5-8-2015 at 08:57 AM

Got to wonder why you are spending time over there. nope no sub categories. Each page is a category. You want news..go to Talk Baja..You want missions..go to your page... you want crime news there is one for that. you want politics go to Political Mexico...You want the Mainland go to On the Road Mexico....don't know where search by subject. It is easy for most people.

Bajahowodd - 5-10-2015 at 04:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
Wodd just needed his daily whine....

Nope. I was correct. This was your daily whine.

Gulliver - 5-10-2015 at 09:35 PM

That van went through Mulege in a big sweat Southbound during the race. They were looking for a rear sprocket for a Honda XR. I led their companion truck to a local junk yard where the owner rides an XR. The last I saw of them they had 'rented' the whole rear wheel of his bike and were headed on South an a high rate of knots.

Wonder of they got the wheel back to him? I'm in the states for the Summer now.

bajabuddha - 5-10-2015 at 09:48 PM

NOTICE TO PARTICIPANTS:

The dude was found.

THE END

mtgoat666 - 5-11-2015 at 09:11 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  
NOTICE TO PARTICIPANTS:

The dude was found.

THE END

not over until we hear the story! where was he lost? how was he found?

chuckie - 5-11-2015 at 09:23 AM

Read the posts....sheees...