BajaNomad

Added What PayPal has Done So Far!

DianaT - 7-3-2015 at 08:19 PM

I appears that more and more nomads are becoming repeat donors and that is WONDERFUL --- so just a few updates.

The inside and outside have been completely painted now --- lots of work!

Chelo and Dave included some reading glasses in their last donation --- what a great idea and they are being used!

A couple of the local churches are periodically bringing hot meals to the home!

A group visiting with the Baja Missions brought food and other items. And the big surprise was they brought good mattresses for the grandpas and a couple of chest of drawers! All so very much needed!

Some sad news, Hermino had a heart attack, but survived. He is back at the home with total bed rest waiting to hear about bypass surgery. A donor has been found to help with those expenses. Today, because he was up to it, Penny and Enrique played a game of dominoes with him. Please keep Hermino in your thoughts. He is one who has been so independent.

Things are still very tough for Penny, but the grandpas do make her smile. And here is her beautiful smile with the cake she took to them for father's day.

No matter what happens in the future, Penny has made such a difference in the lives of these gentlemen and we hope that the wonderful support that has come their way from several nomads will continue.

How many nomads have now said visiting the home was a highlight of their trip? THANK YOU

PayPal --- use freelandib222@live.com and the message box to tell her who you are and any special requests. !!!

[Edited on 7-6-2015 by DianaT]

[Edited on 7-18-2015 by DianaT]

Love it

Nappo - 7-3-2015 at 10:17 PM

Great to see how much support is coming to "Grandpas" and Penny. As I mentioned in an earlier post, anyone going south "needs" to stop off and drop off anything. Only about 2-3 minutes off the main road. Our group of UCSB Gauchos were extremely touched by the care given by everyone for the "grandpas". Amigo Wood and I will be stopping July 12 to drop off a few more things... There's no better feeling than helping someone ...(Wait, maybe catching a 30# YT, ok, only if the filets go to the grandpas)!!

BajaBlanca - 7-4-2015 at 09:07 AM

Nappo - freezing fillets and dropping them off is a really good idea!

Penny F. - 7-4-2015 at 09:40 AM

From my Whole Heart, I Thank each and everyone of you for making such Positive and Loving changes in the life of these men!! They are so very Grateful for Everything you do for them!! LOVE, RESPECT, AND DIGNITY!! We all deserve these things in our lives!! Much Love and Gratitude, Penny and the Grandpas

woody with a view - 7-4-2015 at 02:19 PM

I have a guys trip planned for late August. Instead of controlling ourself with catching too much fish Nappo as a great idea to freeze it and bring it and drop it.

[Edited on 7-4-2015 by woody with a view]

DianaT - 7-4-2015 at 03:51 PM

Oh, fresh frozen fish --- I am sure they would LOVE that. GREAT IDEA.

Catch away!

Udo - 7-4-2015 at 05:39 PM

Wish we had a "LIKE" button

bajamedic - 7-5-2015 at 10:41 AM

I am not seeing a method to provide support, is there an address where funds can be sent? JH

DianaT - 7-5-2015 at 10:55 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajamedic  
I am not seeing a method to provide support, is there an address where funds can be sent? JH

Right now there is not a place except a few have sent money to me to put in Penny's back account, and others have put money directly into her account. We will be near a branch of her bank in a few weeks. Unfortunately, there is no US Bank where we live.

BUT -- there may end up being a pay pal after all. Working on it as I know there are others who would like to contribute this way.

Thanks.

[Edited on 7-5-2015 by DianaT]

Fernweh - 7-5-2015 at 12:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DianaT  

Right now there is not a place except a few have sent money to me to put in Penny's back account, and others have put money directly into her account. We will be near a branch of her bank in a few weeks. Unfortunately, there is no US Bank where we live.

BUT -- there may end up being a pay pal after all. Working on it as I know there are others who would like to contribute this way.

Thanks.

Diana, a Mexican Paypal account is very easy to get. In order to get the funds out of that account, you need to link a Mexican bank account to it.

To transfer any donation from a US Paypa account, is just a couple clicks away. A small fee for the cross border transaction is added.

If such an account has been established, maybe a few of us (Nomads and others) might set-up a recurrent monthly donation, a different donation drive would warrant that.....I believe.

Also if possible, the guys running the house, might want to create some kind of budget, showing any local funds availability, and the monthly monetary need....and so on.

I would pledge my support for such a set-up, and asked a few of my fellow Nomads to do so as well, or at least opine.....

Karl

DianaT - 7-5-2015 at 12:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Fernweh  
Quote: Originally posted by DianaT  

Thanks.

Diana, a Mexican Paypal account is very easy to get. In order to get the funds out of that account, you need to link a Mexican bank account to it.

To transfer any donation from a US Paypa account, is just a couple clicks away. A small fee for the cross border transaction is added.

If such an account has been established, maybe a few of us (Nomads and others) might set-up a recurrent monthly donation, a different donation drive would warrant that.....I believe.

Also if possible, the guys running the house, might want to create some kind of budget, showing any local funds availability, and the monthly monetary need....and so on.

I would pledge my support for such a set-up, and asked a few of my fellow Nomads to do so as well, or at least opine.....

Karl

Karl,
It would be a US paypal account as I don't think Penny has a Mexican account, but she can have access to the money through the ATMS.

As far as the good idea about the budget, I will let her respond to that. I just got off line with her, but she will be back. I know that she has told me that Juan is keeping very good records of donations - --- basic budget, I think is a good idea.

This whole thing has evolved so much and is still evolving with help from people like you.

Diana

Penny F. - 7-5-2015 at 01:49 PM

Today I'm setting up U.S. Paypal account, as many people have requested it!! Please be patient with me, I'm not computer literate! I have been dealing with the Loss of my Husband and haven't been able to do much but spend time with the Grandpas, and soak up the Unconditional Love they give me! I will start being more diligent about responding on Nomads!! Thank you All for the Support and Love you have given the Grandpas and I!! Forever in Our Hearts, Penny

Penny F. - 7-5-2015 at 01:52 PM

Today I'm setting up U.S. Paypal account, as many people have requested it!! Please be patient with me, I'm not computer literate! I have been dealing with the Loss of my Husband and haven't been able to do much but spend time with the Grandpas, and soak up the Unconditional Love they give me! I will start being more diligent about responding on Nomads!! Thank you All for the Support and Love you have given the Grandpas and I!! Forever in Our Hearts, Penny

PayPal

DianaT - 7-5-2015 at 07:52 PM

Penny did what she said, she set up a paypal account for donations for the Grandpas! She asked that I put it here. It is in the name of Penelope Freeland ---- and one can just use her e-mail to send a donation through PayPal.

freelandib222@live.com Be sure to tell her who you are and if you have a specific item you would like to see purchases, or a certain bill paid, etc., put that in the message box. And if you want a full accounting, include that.

We tested it to make sure it worked. Please remember that EVERY dollar will help. There is no donation in good or money that is too small!

There is NO ONE I trust more than Penny to make sure every dime is used for the care of the grandpas.

THANK YOU to those of you who have requested this means of helping. It is all a good thing.

Diana

[Edited on 7-6-2015 by DianaT]

Penny F. - 7-6-2015 at 06:07 PM

Bajamedic, Please try again! freelandib222@live.com paypal. Karl Volger, you are the Best!! Lori Garcia, Thank you once again! Diana Trotter my Beloved Friend, none of this would be possible without your Love and Support!! Much Love, Penny and the Grandpas

bajamedic - 7-7-2015 at 10:20 AM

Penny, I finally got the Paypal to work this morning. I sent $500.00 to be used wherever you feel it is needed. There was a $14.80 fee attached to my account due to being an out of the country exchange. I appreciate your care and love and I look forward to being able to visit on my next trip down. JH

Fernweh - 7-7-2015 at 01:55 PM

Penny, I finally got the Paypal to work this morning. I sent $500.00 to be used wherever you feel it is needed. There was a $14.80 fee attached to my account due to being an out of the country exchange. I appreciate your care and love and I look forward to being able to visit on my next trip down. JH

Bajamedic,

there should not be a fee attached to "send money to Friends & Family".
Penny's Paypal is a US paypal account.

If anybody likes to donate via Penny's Paypal address (freelandib222@live.com)
please choose sending money to Friends & Family.

Thank you my friends,

Karl

rts551 - 7-8-2015 at 08:20 PM

Fernweh...you have it correct. There is no fee when friends and family is checked.

Sisko - 7-9-2015 at 12:49 AM

Good on ya Bajamedic!

DianaT - 7-9-2015 at 06:54 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Sisko  
Good on ya Bajamedic!

YES, it will be very well used!

Penny F. - 7-9-2015 at 07:05 AM

Bajamedic, as of today July 9th. We have not recieved the funds you sent?? I will keep you posted! Love, Penny and the Grandpas

DianaT - 7-9-2015 at 01:22 PM

I think I see the error

Your receipt shows the e-mail address including 1b instead of ib.

I hope this can be straightened out easily between paypal and your credit card!

[Edited on 7-9-2015 by DianaT]

Penny F. - 7-9-2015 at 04:25 PM

Bajamedic, freelandib222@live.com. I'm hoping you get this message in time to stop payment on your first paypal donation!! Sorry this has been such a problem for you!!
The problem was wrong email input!! Hopefully you won't get discouraged and stop trying!! Also this time choose send money to friends in U.S and they wont charge a fee!! Forever Grateful, Penny and the Grandpas

bajamedic - 7-9-2015 at 06:16 PM

Penny and Diana, I was able to reverse this and have sent it to the corrected address, sorry for the mix-up. This time Paypal did not add a $14.80 user fee and I have sent the same amount as previously discussed. After thinking about my above correspondence, I will try to delete some of my personal info. Again, I look forward to my visit there during my next trip down. JH

DianaT - 7-9-2015 at 06:26 PM

Penny and Diana, I was able to reverse this and have sent it to the corrected address, sorry for the mix-up. This time Paypal did not add a $14.80 user fee and I have sent the same amount as previously discussed. After thinking about my above correspondence, I will try to delete some of my personal info. Again, I look forward to my visit there during my next trip down. JH

Penny's generator pooped out today (hopefully to be repaired tomorrow) so she is conserving some battery power, I will answer for her for now.

:spingrin::spingrin::spingrin::tumble::tumble::spingrin::spingrin::tumble::bounce::bounce::tumble::spingrin::bounce::bounce::bounce:

So now that we all know that the paypal works well, well......... :spingrin: :yes:

And I am really happy you were able to get it taken care of!

[Edited on 7-10-2015 by DianaT]

Penny F. - 7-10-2015 at 06:49 AM

Good Morning Nomads, Thanks to you All, today we take our Van in for new tires!!! My Grandpas will be able to go to Church Sunday, the van was too dangerous to transport them before!! I don't know how to Thank you Enough for caring about my Grandpas, they are so very Special in the way they Look out for and Take Care of one another!! A group of men who came together out of despair and became a "Family" !! Forever Grateful, Penny and the Grandpas

SFandH - 7-10-2015 at 08:52 AM

:bounce:

For those who have never used PayPal, it's real easy, you can use a bank card (credit or debit). For this type of transaction, it's free. They make money providing commercial financial transaction services.

DianaT - 7-10-2015 at 09:39 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Penny F.  

A group of men who came together out of despair and became a "Family" !! Forever Grateful, Penny and the Grandpas

The best kind of family to have!

shari - 7-10-2015 at 10:01 AM

thank you Penny for all you do...another small donation sent...can you maybe start another thread with just the paypal link so all people have to do is click on it? Making it easier means more donations...and thanks to all who are helping them out...great job! We will suggest to our fishers that they drop fish off too.

dtbushpilot - 7-10-2015 at 10:30 AM

Penny, please check your u2u, upper right hand corner...

DianaT - 7-10-2015 at 11:14 AM

Quote: Originally posted by shari  
.can you maybe start another thread with just the paypal link so all people have to do is click on it?

How can there be a direct link to her paypal account. There can be a link to http://www.paypal.com but then someone still needs to log into their account and then fill in the e mail address.
freelandib222@live.com

If there is a way to make it direct link where one click will do it, please share and we will set it up. It would be even easier than PayPal is now.

BTW-- several people who have visited the facebook page have requested a webpage address. There is no webpage as that costs money, so for now we are just working with the facebook page and hope to improve it over time. THANK YOU

[Edited on 7-10-2015 by DianaT]

CaboMagic - 7-10-2015 at 05:29 PM

Big magic mooshy hugs Penny ..
and Diana for your ayuda getting Penny set up .. and to all who participate in whatever way they are able to ..
We are always willing to do what we can for a cause that makes our hearts smile and feel good ..

btw - I believe the only way to do a direct link is via a website and paypal button .. but I could be wrong ..

We first started using Paypal in (egads) 1999 as a means to process ccards and wow has it evolved too .. great system.

Have a lovely weekend all, LG

Penny F. - 7-10-2015 at 06:45 PM

Dbbushpilot, I Can Not access u2u !! Please send email!! freelandib222@live.com

CaboMagic..Lori, You are so Sweet, I Love mooshy Hugs!!

With some of the money you have sent to my Grandpas, we bought 4 slighty used Tires, the Van is now a much Safer trandport for them!! Photos of Old and New to follow!!

Once Again, Please be patient With me, computors are "Foreign Objects" to me!!
But I'm a Wiz at emails!! Learning New Tricks each Day!! Lol!!

Penny F. - 7-10-2015 at 06:48 PM

Shari Bondy, it is a U.S. Paypal account!! freelandib222@live.com

Penny F. - 7-10-2015 at 06:50 PM

Shari Bondy, it is a U.S. Paypal account!! freelandib222@live.com

dtbushpilot - 7-10-2015 at 07:52 PM

Dbbushpilot, I Can Not access u2u !! Please send email!! freelandib222@live.com

CaboMagic..Lori, You are so Sweet, I Love mooshy Hugs!!

With some of the money you have sent to my Grandpas, we bought 4 slighty used Tires, the Van is now a much Safer trandport for them!! Photos of Old and New to follow!!

Once Again, Please be patient With me, computors are "Foreign Objects" to me!!
But I'm a Wiz at emails!! Learning New Tricks each Day!! Lol!!

email sent Penny.

At the top of the page across from the name "Baja Nomad" you will see a note that says you have a message, click on it and a page will come up with your messages. Hang in there Penny, it get's easier. God bless you for what you do...

Katiejay99 - 7-10-2015 at 07:56 PM

She may have a popup blocker on her system. In that case she will see a message saying something like allow a popup or not.

Penny F. - 7-11-2015 at 10:07 AM

Thank you Katiejay99, for your Donation and Advice!! I need All the help I can get for this computer!!

shari - 7-12-2015 at 08:43 AM

it doesnt matter what country the paypal account is in..it is international. I dont know how to do it but I have seen direct links to pay with paypal...what people can do is just copy your address...go to paypal and click on send payment, past the address...the amount and shazaaam...the grampas get new tires, hamburgers and whatever else they need! Have a great Sunday amigos!

also is there a small map I can print out to give fishermen to drop off fish there?

Penny F. - 7-18-2015 at 02:37 PM

:bounce: Hello Nomads,
I wanted to let you know some of the things we've done with your donations so far!! * 4 New / Used tires for van. **New/Used freezer. ***Repairs on Refrigerator ****Road trip for Grandpas/ Hamburgers and ice cream!!
STAY TUNED. ...Next week we will take van to mechanic for power steering and oil leak!! Its Amazing what one can accomplish with a little help from Friends!!
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!
Much Love, Penny and the Grandpas

Penny F. - 7-18-2015 at 02:44 PM

:?: Shari Bondy, we still have Not received the 250 pesos you sent!! It still says pending?? You may want to check your bank. Thank you so much Shari for your support!! New Freezer, we are ready for fish anytime!! Love, Penny and the Grandpas

Penny F. - 7-18-2015 at 02:45 PM

:bounce: Hello Nomads,
I wanted to let you know some of the things we've done with your donations so far!! * 4 New / Used tires for van. **New/Used freezer. ***Repairs on Refrigerator ****Road trip for Grandpas/ Hamburgers and ice cream!!
STAY TUNED. ...Next week we will take van to mechanic for power steering and oil leak!! Its Amazing what one can accomplish with a little help from Friends!!
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!
Much Love, Penny and the Grandpas

DianaT - 7-18-2015 at 03:22 PM

And at the request of Penny, here are a couple pictures of what your donations through PayPal have accomplished!

Old Tires

New Tires and the van that will received some much needed repairs

New/used freezer which needs more fish and chicken. :-)

The beautiful second refrigerator they found in the back shed and is now being repaired.

Penny said they were smiling BEFORE they loaded it into the back of her truck. :-)

And the spirit of continuing to fix up the surroundings is wonderful Here are Frederico and Brazio planting some new plants!

I can't believe how far this beautiful home has come since Penny and Murray discovered it and became involved. There has been so much help from some nomads and now with the paypal account, even more is being accomplished. Keep it up, please.

SFandH - 7-18-2015 at 05:35 PM

I love it! Fix the van up and go out for some hamburgers and ice cream.

Perfect. Practical and fun.

Come on folks, if you haven't pitched in yet, send a few bucks. I did because it's obvious the money is going directly to the people that need it and those that help them.

And even a small donation makes a world of difference.

Help out some old men, how great is that!

Of course, I admit, I identify with the cause. ;)

paypal money to: freelandib222@live.com

http://www.paypal.com

[Edited on 7-19-2015 by SFandH]

DianaT - 7-19-2015 at 08:40 AM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
I love it! Fix the van up and go out for some hamburgers and ice cream.

Perfect. Practical and fun.

Come on folks, if you haven't pitched in yet, send a few bucks. I did because it's obvious the money is going directly to the people that need it and those that help them.

And even a small donation makes a world of difference.

Help out some old men, how great is that!

Of course, I admit, I identify with the cause. ;)

[Edited on 7-19-2015 by SFandH]

Thanks SFandH --- your donation along with the others IS making a difference and does go directly to their care.

And yes, some of us identify a bit too much . After Penny and Murray discovered this place we were referring to it as the home for the elderly gentleman. It was a close friend who suggested that elderly just hit home to easily so they became the grandpas.

And now, Penny's grandpas fits perfectly as they are family to her as she is to them.

CaboMagic - 7-20-2015 at 09:00 PM

It does my heart and soul good to see these wonderful updates .. Go Grandpas Go!

A dear friend said to me today :In life we get a plate, a ladle, a knife, fork and spoon. How we serve ourselves is up to us.

Someone please pass the tissues!

DianaT - 7-22-2015 at 09:27 AM

Great therapy in so many ways ---- Penny and Juan took them to Mi Casita Burger in Camalu for lunch and then off for an ice cream. A very hapy day indeed

So much good continues to come their way :bounce::bounce:

Penny F. - 7-25-2015 at 07:20 AM

UPDATE.....We got our back up refrigertor back and it works Great!!
Today, we are going for Tacos, to the Beach for fresh air, and then for Ice Cream!!
My Grandpas are just thrilled to go on these Little Adventures!! So am I, these Men are the Best Therapy in the World for me!! So Much Love!!!
Thank you All once Again for All you've done for us!!
Forever in Our Hearts, Penny and the Grandpas

jbcoug - 7-25-2015 at 10:46 AM

Penny, I love seeing all the improvements that are happening to improve life for the grandpas! The greatest is being able to get them out and enjoy the little things in life!

Penny F. - 7-25-2015 at 03:20 PM

Jbcoug, They are so much Happier Now!! Fresh Paint inside and out!! Tires for the van so we can get out and Enjoy Life, New/Used freezer, New/Used furniture, New/Used Refrigerator, So Many Nice clothes, New Beds, Plants around home, Yard clean, You won't recognize the place!! But the Most Important of all is they have a New sense of Pride, in the Home and Themselves!! No more wondering where their next meal is coming from, No more sitting in chairs waiting to die, they see Doctors on a Regular basis, and now having something to look forward to each day!!
If anyone of Us died tommorrow, we could Honestly say..We were Loved Unconditioally, and were All treated with Love, Respect and Dignity, and that includes Me!! So Much Love and Happiness in Our Hearts Now!!

jbcoug - 7-25-2015 at 04:13 PM

Cant't wait to get back and see the changes since my last visit!

Penny F. - 8-5-2015 at 09:07 PM

Hello from the Grandpas and I, we are really looking forward to this Sunday, we are Going Out on the Town again!! We will be going back to Mi Casita after church!! They were Wonderful the last time we were there, they were Patient and Loving to the Grandpas who were a little overwhelmed to be in a restaurant!! Afterthat we will go back to the house and enjoy the Ice Cream that Jbcoug and Friends are bringing us Saturday!! Life is So Good at Casa Hogar del Ancianos, Thanks to All your Help!! Forever Grateful, Penny, Juan, and the Grandpas

Penny F. - 8-5-2015 at 09:09 PM

Hello from the Grandpas and I, we are really looking forward to this Sunday, we are Going Out on the Town again!! We will be going back to Mi Casita after church!! They were Wonderful the last time we were there, they were Patient and Loving to the Grandpas who were a little overwhelmed to be in a restaurant!! Afterthat we will go back to the house and enjoy the Ice Cream that Jbcoug and Friends are bringing us Saturday!! Life is So Good at Casa Hogar del Ancianos, Thanks to All your Help!! Forever Grateful, Penny, Juan, and the Grandpas

Penny F. - 8-5-2015 at 09:20 PM

Can you Forgive me Nappo?? You are the one bringing Ice Cream!! You and the Guys have done So Much for us, How could I get the name mixed up?? My Only defense is I'm Old and Tired!! Please Forgive me my Friend!! See you Saturday !!!

SFandH - 8-6-2015 at 09:19 AM

It's a new month. If you have a few bucks to spare:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Casa-Hogar-del-Ancianos/77876...

[Edited on 8-6-2015 by SFandH]

Penny F. - 8-6-2015 at 10:45 AM

Thank you so much for your continued Contributions to the Casa Hogar del Ancianos!! It is an ongoing need, and I Thank Each and Everyone of you who have seen it in their Hearts to contribute Monthly!!
Please be assured that Every dime that is donated, goes Directly to this Home!!
Forever in our Hearts, Penny, Juan , and the Grandpas

Penny F. - 8-8-2015 at 05:13 PM

Wow, what a Blessed Day we had Today!!!
Ron Lister and Friends came buy with a Large donation of food and cleaning supplies!! Deanne and Steve Cervantes made a Special trip to finally meet the Grandpas and I face to face, after supporting us through Paypal!!
Then to top it all off, Nappo and Friends came back for the second time in a month and brought more Ice Cream, Apple Pie, and So Much More!!
But the most touching of all was the Flowers Nappo brought for ME!!
As you must know by now, I Never ask for Anything for myself only the Grandpas, so the Amazing, Loving gesture of Flowers meant So Much to me!! God Bless you All!!! Forever Grateful, Penny, Juan and the Grandpas

Penny F. - 8-8-2015 at 05:14 PM

Wow, what a Blessed Day we had Today!!!
Ron Lister and Friends came buy with a Large donation of food and cleaning supplies!! Deanne and Steve Cervantes made a Special trip to finally meet the Grandpas and I face to face, after supporting us through Paypal!!
Then to top it all off, Nappo and Friends came back for the second time in a month and brought more Ice Cream, Apple Pie, and So Much More!!
But the most touching of all was the Flowers Nappo brought for ME!!
As you must know by now, I Never ask for Anything for myself only the Grandpas, so the Amazing, Loving gesture of Flowers meant So Much to me!! God Bless you All!!! Forever Grateful, Penny, Juan and the Grandpas

SFandH - 9-1-2015 at 08:50 AM

It's a new month. If you have a few bucks to spare for a charitable contribution where even a small donation makes a big difference (see above posts):

[Edited on 9-1-2015 by SFandH]

Penny F. - 9-1-2015 at 09:11 AM

Good Morning Nomads, I took a 2 week trip to Oregon to see my Momma, stopped at Grandpas on the way home, and here they came with canes, walkers, and wheel chairs, the Biggest Smiles I've ever seen to Welcome me home!!! This is Why I do this, So Much Love!!!
Since I've been back they are so Happy!! It is such a Blessing to know you are Loved Unconditionaly, and to be a part of such an Amazing Family!!
We All Thank you so much for your continued Support!!
You have made such a Positive impact on these Mens Lives, who just 1 year ago were malnurished, sick, and sitting in chairs waiting to die!! Now when they get up each day they have Hope!!
From the bottom of Our Hearts, We are Forever Grateful, Love, Penny, Juan, and the Grandpas

Penny F. - 9-1-2015 at 09:13 AM

Good Morning Nomads, I took a 2 week trip to Oregon to see my Momma, stopped at Grandpas on the way home, and here they came with canes, walkers, and wheel chairs, the Biggest Smiles I've ever seen to Welcome me home!!! This is Why I do this, So Much Love!!!
Since I've been back they are so Happy!! It is such a Blessing to know you are Loved Unconditionaly, and to be a part of such an Amazing Family!!
You have made such a Positive impact on these Mens Lives, who just 1 year ago were malnurished, sick, and sitting in chairs waiting to die!! Now when they get up each day they have Hope!!
From the bottom of Our Hearts, We are Forever Grateful, Love, Penny, Juan, and the Grandpas

Penny F. - 9-1-2015 at 09:13 AM

DianaT - 9-1-2015 at 05:11 PM

It's a new month. If you have a few bucks to spare for a charitable contribution where even a small donation makes a big difference (see above posts):

[Edited on 9-1-2015 by SFandH]

Thank you for keeping this alive as the the needs will never end. I have fallen behind with being gone for several weeks, but I have watched the wonderful photos of more and more good things happening with Penny's grandpas --- all on their facebook page.

But this is my favorite as since the van has been repaired, they are able to be out more and what could be better than a walk on the beach by the shipwreck for their mental and physical health and their spirits.

I wish someone had taken a picture of the grandpas greeting Penny, their guardian angel after she had been gone for a couple of weeks.

What a difference a year has made and many of you just keep making it better.

I really hope all of you who stop by will be able to meet Penny --- she is a very special woman and a very special friend. ---

[Edited on 9-2-2015 by DianaT]

Penny F. - 9-1-2015 at 05:20 PM

JBCOUG, I still can't open u2u. Please contact me on Facebook or my email address freelandib222@live.com

DianaT - 9-2-2015 at 05:33 PM

Some members of this forum have really adopted this project with regular and repeat donations which has really accelerated so many improvements.

If you have not already seen this on facebook, IMHO, this is so great --- walkways around the home that will make it easier and safer for the grandpas.

And in the last picture, look at what they etched into the cement! Penny says she is very honored --- I say it is so well deserved! :bounce:

EVERY donation is very appreciated. And Penny will kill me for this, but please don't forget the caregivers unless she thinks I am only talking about Juan. :saint:

BTW--- Penny has explained to me what is happening when she tries to get into the U2Us, but I really need to see it and will. Thus meantime, she will not receive U2Us ---- but does get messages via e-mail and messages on her personal facebook page or through messages in the Home's facebook.

[Edited on 9-3-2015 by DianaT]

Old Guys Rule!

SFandH - 9-5-2015 at 08:49 AM

Thought I'd give this a bump, see above.

These old guys need hearing aids:

[Edited on 9-5-2015 by SFandH]

[Edited on 9-5-2015 by SFandH]

Penny F. - 9-5-2015 at 01:29 PM

THANK YOU SFand H.
Juan is gone to Ensenada for 4 days on a MUCH needed Get Away. SO....The Grandpas and I are having a No Rules week!! Lol! Cake, Ice cream, Cookies, and Movie Day!! Today we are watching Movies and eating Junk Food!! Juan will be back Monday so we have to eat all the evidence!! Tommorrow we get back on track.... Healthy Food, Excercise, and Rules!!
These are some Happy, Sugared- Out Grandpas!!

Penny F. - 9-30-2015 at 03:46 PM

Hello Nomads,
It has been a Great month for us at Casa Hogar del Ancianos, we have been cleaning up garden area, finishing stucco, and had 2 Birthdays this month!! Aldolfo turned 75 and Alejandro turned 82!! We had cake and ice cream for both days!! Yahoo! But with Juan returning from his 4 day vacation it has been Healthy Diets, and Excercise for us All!! We are saving our paypal donations in hopes of building a cover over front porch!! The men Love sitting out front but during summer months its too hot and during winter its too rainy!! We are close Thanks to All of you!! This year I'm buying small candies for Halloween so the Kids from the Ejido San Jacinto can come by and say Hello!! I know the Grandpas are going to Enjoy that!! Please be Safe, Happy, and Adventurous, as time is Precious, Forever in Our Hearts, Penny, Juan, and the Grandpas

Penny F. - 9-30-2015 at 03:48 PM

Hello Nomads,
It has been a Great month for us at Casa Hogar del Ancianos, we have been cleaning up garden area, finishing stucco, and had 2 Birthdays this month!! Aldolfo turned 75 and Alejandro turned 82!! We had cake and ice cream for both days!! Yahoo! But with Juan returning from his 4 day vacation it has been Healthy Diets, and Excercise for us All!! We are saving our paypal donations in hopes of building a cover over front porch!! The men Love sitting out front but during summer months its too hot and during winter its too rainy!! We are close Thanks to All of you!! This year I'm buying small candies for Halloween so the Kids from the Ejido San Jacinto can come by and say Hello!! I know the Grandpas are going to Enjoy that!! Please be Safe, Happy, and Adventurous, as time is Precious, Forever in Our Hearts, Penny, Juan, and the Grandpas

SFandH - 9-30-2015 at 04:41 PM

Penny, thanks for the update. Aldolfo, Alejandro and the rest of the guys need to have a shady, dry porch so they can watch the girls go by.

I'll be happy to pitch in.

You do wonderful work. Thanks for caring.

[Edited on 10-1-2015 by SFandH]

penny.jpg - 59kB

SFandH - 10-1-2015 at 04:41 PM

A first of the month bump for a simple, heartfelt, and very much needed baja charity. Give what you can. Help out the old guys.

See photos in previous posts.

Penny, thanks for the update. Aldolfo, Alejandro and the rest of the guys need to have a shady, dry porch so they can watch the girls go by.

I'll be happy to pitch in.

You do wonderful work. Thanks for caring.

CaboMagic - 11-4-2015 at 06:14 PM

Bump for Penny and the Abuelos ...
Penny dear plz check your email:D

Penny F. - 11-5-2015 at 09:10 AM

:bounce: Hello Nomads, I just returned from Oregon on a trip to see my Momma!
She has been quite sick, but was doing better whn I left!! Returned to find Nappo in the driveway and discovered that Ron Lister had been there the week before!! The Grandpas were so excited once again to see me and to get Warm Clothes and Great food and supplies! We are gearing up for Winter, and have decided to put Patio Cover off until Spring and work on getting weatherized! We have some issues with the house leaking Cold air, once that is taken care of we will be buying Heaters!! Each winter I lose at least one Grandpa to Cold or Flu, so this year I have vowed to keep them All warm and Healthy!! We couldn't do any of this without YOU!! We are so Grateful for Everything you do for us! With Love and Gratitude, Penny and the Grandpas

Penny F. - 11-5-2015 at 09:12 AM

:bounce: Hello Nomads, I just returned from Oregon on a trip to see my Momma!
She has been quite sick, but was doing better whn I left!! Returned to find Nappo in the driveway and discovered that Ron Lister had been there the week before!! The Grandpas were so excited once again to see me and to get Warm Clothes and Great food and supplies! We are gearing up for Winter, and have decided to put Patio Cover off until Spring and work on getting weatherized! We have some issues with the house leaking Cold air, once that is taken care of we will be buying Heaters!! Each winter I lose at least one Grandpa to Cold or Flu, so this year I have vowed to keep them All warm and Healthy!! We couldn't do any of this without YOU!! We are so Grateful for Everything you do for us! With Love and Gratitude, Penny and the Grandpas

Penny F. - 11-6-2015 at 01:58 PM

Hi Everyone, Could someone PLEASE explain to me why my posts keep going up twice?? Living the Life of Computer Illiteracy!! Penny F.

DianaT - 11-6-2015 at 02:21 PM

Hi Everyone, Could someone PLEASE explain to me why my posts keep going up twice?? Living the Life of Computer Illiteracy!! Penny F.

They post twice because you are so special! :biggrin:

Nappo just keeps showing up and that is a VERY good thing.

And those of you who donate on a regular basis are making so much possible!

CaboMagic - 11-8-2015 at 03:31 PM

Penny!! Angel on Earth for the Abulos :bounce: God Bless All of You!! Ginormous Hugz, Lori

desertcpl - 11-9-2015 at 02:58 PM

Must say Penny is a big WOW,, what a heart

it no wonder that the grandpa's love her so much

:saint::saint::saint:

Nappo - 11-13-2015 at 10:34 PM

Credit Greg from Oregon for a lot of the clothes, Stan from Manhattan Beach for the Depends. Greg and I were headed to Bahia Asuncion where we had a great time with Shari and Juan. Fishing was great (due to the karma we get on dropping food, blankets, clothes, cleaning supplies off at the grandpas) and so on the way home, we stopped off and passed off some of our bounty - some beautiful yellowfin tuna!. We saw some of our friends wearing the warm clothes we brought down, and thus our trip to Baja was complete as our hearts were warmed knowing what good so little can do. Bless Penny and Juan ! Please stop by on going south. Their home is literally 3 minutes off of highway 1. The feeling you will have after leaving is something I can not put into words!

DianaT - 11-14-2015 at 09:44 AM

I bet that fish was consumed with great enjoyment and it certainly adds a lot toward a healthful diet. Yes, it is a great place to share some of your bounty. :yes:

Hogar de Ancinos

Corky1 - 11-14-2015 at 12:29 PM

Where is this Hogar located??

Thanks
Corky

[Edited on 11-14-2015 by Corky1]

DianaT - 11-14-2015 at 01:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Corky1  
Where is this Hogar located??

Thanks
Corky

[Edited on 11-14-2015 by Corky1]

It is located in the area of Camalu/San Jacinto. The turnoff is a couple of miles north of Camalu, between Km 150 and 149 and is easy to spot as there is a sign that says El Barco -- it is the road out to the Shipwreck.

It is about 3/4 of a mile off Highway 1

Once past the Korean church, you will see this structure

And they now have a sign

And just past the sign is the home --- I need to get a picture from Penny of the front with the new paint job --- this is just the corner of the home.

THANKS

[Edited on 11-14-2015 by DianaT]

tripledigitken - 11-14-2015 at 02:19 PM

Here's the sign visible from Mex 1.

You'll see this also.

Your visit will make them smile!!!

A visit to the shipwreck only takes a short while.

Hogar de Ancinos

Corky1 - 11-14-2015 at 02:30 PM

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Will try to bring down some useful items when I come down for the Baja 1K.

Corky:D

BajaBlanca - 11-14-2015 at 06:10 PM

Looks like I got a brand new wheelchair for you ! A guy in la paz is selling off his friend's things and had the wheel chair left. When I told him about casa de los ancianos, he said you could have it.

Then, I saw a notice in la paz gringos where a guy has an empty truck and can take the wheelchair north.

The heavens conspired to make this happen- expect a wheelchair one or two days after Thanksgiving!

DianaT - 11-14-2015 at 07:14 PM

For Corky

:bounce::bounce::biggrin::bounce::bounce:

Everything is always needed and appreciated.

And for Blanca

:bounce::bounce::biggrin::bounce::bounce:

Wheelchairs are so expensive! You done good!

Penny F. - 12-1-2015 at 09:23 AM

:bounce:
We have had an Amazing November, meeting New Friends, and Greeting our Old Friends!! Your Generosity just Overwhelms us! They need so much and ask for so little!! We are getting very Excited for Christmas, getting ready to decorate this week!! This Family of Men have made Losing my Husband so much better, Everyday when I walk through those doors I'm Greeted with So Much Love and Gratitude that my Heart finds Peace with each New Day!! God Bless you All for Everything you do for us Everyday!! Much, Much Love, Penny and the Grandpas

Penny F. - 12-2-2015 at 11:23 AM

Thank You All for Christmas donations!! I'm buying the Grandpas "New" shoes!! While we appreciate Everything you do for us, My Grandpas have never had "New" shoes!! They are going to be Soooo Excited!! Also, I will be cooking Ham dinner for Christmas!! We Love you Nomads, and Thank you for your continued support!!You have mae their Lives so much Better!!! With Sincere Gratitude, Penny and the Grandpas:bounce:

BajaBlanca - 12-2-2015 at 04:31 PM

Penny so wonderful to hear that donations keep on trucking in and that December rocks!

This is what the season is all about folks - sharing what we have with those that have not. I have an uncle who just got diagnosed with alzheimers and I cant tell you how much this has impacted the family.

Brought the grandpa's situation right home.

Merry Christmas Penny and I bet YOU get some surprises too!

Penny F. - 12-11-2015 at 12:50 PM

Blanca, All I want for Christmas is for the Grandpas to feel the Love and Joy that each one of us feels Every Year ♡♡♡♡ Thank you All for making this a Memorable year for these Men!! With Much Love and Gratitude, Penny and the Grandpas

Penny -

John M - 12-21-2015 at 04:14 PM

Penny - can you check your U2U folder at the top of the page?

John M