BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  ..  5
Author: Subject: Added What PayPal has Done So Far!
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-3-2015 at 08:19 PM
Added What PayPal has Done So Far!

I appears that more and more nomads are becoming repeat donors and that is WONDERFUL --- so just a few updates.

The inside and outside have been completely painted now --- lots of work!

Chelo and Dave included some reading glasses in their last donation --- what a great idea and they are being used!

A couple of the local churches are periodically bringing hot meals to the home!

A group visiting with the Baja Missions brought food and other items. And the big surprise was they brought good mattresses for the grandpas and a couple of chest of drawers! All so very much needed!

Some sad news, Hermino had a heart attack, but survived. He is back at the home with total bed rest waiting to hear about bypass surgery. A donor has been found to help with those expenses. Today, because he was up to it, Penny and Enrique played a game of dominoes with him. Please keep Hermino in your thoughts. He is one who has been so independent.

Things are still very tough for Penny, but the grandpas do make her smile. And here is her beautiful smile with the cake she took to them for father's day.

No matter what happens in the future, Penny has made such a difference in the lives of these gentlemen and we hope that the wonderful support that has come their way from several nomads will continue.

How many nomads have now said visiting the home was a highlight of their trip? THANK YOU

PayPal --- use freelandib222@live.com and the message box to tell her who you are and any special requests. !!!

[Edited on 7-6-2015 by DianaT]

[Edited on 7-18-2015 by DianaT]

Nappo
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-3-2015 at 10:17 PM
Love it

Great to see how much support is coming to "Grandpas" and Penny. As I mentioned in an earlier post, anyone going south "needs" to stop off and drop off anything. Only about 2-3 minutes off the main road. Our group of UCSB Gauchos were extremely touched by the care given by everyone for the "grandpas". Amigo Wood and I will be stopping July 12 to drop off a few more things... There's no better feeling than helping someone ...(Wait, maybe catching a 30# YT, ok, only if the filets go to the grandpas)!!
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2015 at 09:07 AM

Nappo - freezing fillets and dropping them off is a really good idea!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Penny F.
Junior Nomad

Mood: Grateful

[*] posted on 7-4-2015 at 09:40 AM

From my Whole Heart, I Thank each and everyone of you for making such Positive and Loving changes in the life of these men!! They are so very Grateful for Everything you do for them!! LOVE, RESPECT, AND DIGNITY!! We all deserve these things in our lives!! Much Love and Gratitude, Penny and the Grandpas
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 7-4-2015 at 02:19 PM

I have a guys trip planned for late August. Instead of controlling ourself with catching too much fish Nappo as a great idea to freeze it and bring it and drop it.

[Edited on 7-4-2015 by woody with a view]

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2015 at 03:51 PM

Oh, fresh frozen fish --- I am sure they would LOVE that. GREAT IDEA.

Catch away!

Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 7-4-2015 at 05:39 PM

Wish we had a "LIKE" button

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

bajamedic
Nomad

Mood: Just waitin for baja

[*] posted on 7-5-2015 at 10:41 AM

I am not seeing a method to provide support, is there an address where funds can be sent? JH
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-5-2015 at 10:55 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajamedic  
I am not seeing a method to provide support, is there an address where funds can be sent? JH

Right now there is not a place except a few have sent money to me to put in Penny's back account, and others have put money directly into her account. We will be near a branch of her bank in a few weeks. Unfortunately, there is no US Bank where we live.

BUT -- there may end up being a pay pal after all. Working on it as I know there are others who would like to contribute this way.

Thanks.

[Edited on 7-5-2015 by DianaT]

Fernweh
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-5-2015 at 12:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DianaT  

Right now there is not a place except a few have sent money to me to put in Penny's back account, and others have put money directly into her account. We will be near a branch of her bank in a few weeks. Unfortunately, there is no US Bank where we live.

BUT -- there may end up being a pay pal after all. Working on it as I know there are others who would like to contribute this way.

Thanks.

Diana, a Mexican Paypal account is very easy to get. In order to get the funds out of that account, you need to link a Mexican bank account to it.

To transfer any donation from a US Paypa account, is just a couple clicks away. A small fee for the cross border transaction is added.

If such an account has been established, maybe a few of us (Nomads and others) might set-up a recurrent monthly donation, a different donation drive would warrant that.....I believe.

Also if possible, the guys running the house, might want to create some kind of budget, showing any local funds availability, and the monthly monetary need....and so on.

I would pledge my support for such a set-up, and asked a few of my fellow Nomads to do so as well, or at least opine.....

Karl
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-5-2015 at 12:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Fernweh  
Quote: Originally posted by DianaT  

Thanks.

Diana, a Mexican Paypal account is very easy to get. In order to get the funds out of that account, you need to link a Mexican bank account to it.

To transfer any donation from a US Paypa account, is just a couple clicks away. A small fee for the cross border transaction is added.

If such an account has been established, maybe a few of us (Nomads and others) might set-up a recurrent monthly donation, a different donation drive would warrant that.....I believe.

Also if possible, the guys running the house, might want to create some kind of budget, showing any local funds availability, and the monthly monetary need....and so on.

I would pledge my support for such a set-up, and asked a few of my fellow Nomads to do so as well, or at least opine.....

Karl

Karl,
It would be a US paypal account as I don't think Penny has a Mexican account, but she can have access to the money through the ATMS.

As far as the good idea about the budget, I will let her respond to that. I just got off line with her, but she will be back. I know that she has told me that Juan is keeping very good records of donations - --- basic budget, I think is a good idea.

This whole thing has evolved so much and is still evolving with help from people like you.

Diana

Penny F.
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-5-2015 at 01:49 PM

Today I'm setting up U.S. Paypal account, as many people have requested it!! Please be patient with me, I'm not computer literate! I have been dealing with the Loss of my Husband and haven't been able to do much but spend time with the Grandpas, and soak up the Unconditional Love they give me! I will start being more diligent about responding on Nomads!! Thank you All for the Support and Love you have given the Grandpas and I!! Forever in Our Hearts, Penny
Penny F.
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-5-2015 at 01:52 PM

Today I'm setting up U.S. Paypal account, as many people have requested it!! Please be patient with me, I'm not computer literate! I have been dealing with the Loss of my Husband and haven't been able to do much but spend time with the Grandpas, and soak up the Unconditional Love they give me! I will start being more diligent about responding on Nomads!! Thank you All for the Support and Love you have given the Grandpas and I!! Forever in Our Hearts, Penny
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-5-2015 at 07:52 PM
PayPal

Penny did what she said, she set up a paypal account for donations for the Grandpas! She asked that I put it here. It is in the name of Penelope Freeland ---- and one can just use her e-mail to send a donation through PayPal.

freelandib222@live.com Be sure to tell her who you are and if you have a specific item you would like to see purchases, or a certain bill paid, etc., put that in the message box. And if you want a full accounting, include that.

We tested it to make sure it worked. Please remember that EVERY dollar will help. There is no donation in good or money that is too small!

There is NO ONE I trust more than Penny to make sure every dime is used for the care of the grandpas.

THANK YOU to those of you who have requested this means of helping. It is all a good thing.

Diana

[Edited on 7-6-2015 by DianaT]

Penny F.
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-6-2015 at 06:07 PM

Bajamedic, Please try again! freelandib222@live.com paypal. Karl Volger, you are the Best!! Lori Garcia, Thank you once again! Diana Trotter my Beloved Friend, none of this would be possible without your Love and Support!! Much Love, Penny and the Grandpas
bajamedic
Nomad

Mood: Just waitin for baja

[*] posted on 7-7-2015 at 10:20 AM

Penny, I finally got the Paypal to work this morning. I sent $500.00 to be used wherever you feel it is needed. There was a $14.80 fee attached to my account due to being an out of the country exchange. I appreciate your care and love and I look forward to being able to visit on my next trip down. JH
Fernweh
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2015 at 01:55 PM

Penny, I finally got the Paypal to work this morning. I sent $500.00 to be used wherever you feel it is needed. There was a $14.80 fee attached to my account due to being an out of the country exchange. I appreciate your care and love and I look forward to being able to visit on my next trip down. JH

Bajamedic,

there should not be a fee attached to "send money to Friends & Family".
Penny's Paypal is a US paypal account.

If anybody likes to donate via Penny's Paypal address (freelandib222@live.com)
please choose sending money to Friends & Family.

Thank you my friends,

Karl
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-8-2015 at 08:20 PM

Fernweh...you have it correct. There is no fee when friends and family is checked.
Sisko

[*] posted on 7-9-2015 at 12:49 AM

Good on ya Bajamedic!
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-9-2015 at 06:54 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Sisko  
Good on ya Bajamedic!

YES, it will be very well used!

Pages:  1    3  ..  5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.