BajaNomad

Punta Chivato Development Plans

Doug/Vamonos - 3-9-2016 at 09:45 AM

http://www.dhmdesign.com/projects/punta-chivato/

I was playing on the internet today and found this. Very troubling news. Has anyone seen this? Sure do miss the old camping beach days.

TMW - 3-9-2016 at 09:53 AM

I think projects like that in Baja are a long way off. The economy is no where close to what it was in 2005 for example. Then people were pulling money from their homes in the U.S. to buy places in Baja and we saw where that ended. I'm not saying it won't happen some day, just not anytime soon or near soon.

Udo - 3-9-2016 at 09:53 AM

I don't t think this will happen in our lifetime.

Look at all the developments that have fizzled over the past ten years.

Bajazly - 3-9-2016 at 09:55 AM

Sounds like Cabo is sprawling north.

BigBearRider - 3-9-2016 at 09:55 AM

I believe those plans are from 2005. I am aware of no current development plans.

Robinhood - 3-9-2016 at 11:44 AM

Nothing on that scale at the minute however the Lujans are always looking for the next big thing and real money is available in Mexico right now.

Pt. Chivato is ready for the next wave of retirees and second home owners from both Mexico and abroad. Not many places where you can get such beautiful beachfront homes for the currently low prices. Cabo is exploding with construction now and you could buy ten houses in Chivato for the price of a nice place in Cabo. For the price of Loreto's comparatively cramped quarters you could have a beachfront compound with few neighbors and nearly the whole ocean to yourselves. Check out our listings.

If you wanted to go into development and make your own small fortune you could consider this very attractive deal.

http://bajasur.craigslist.com.mx/reb/5426324104.html

Call us for a more complete description of the possibilities and how your retirement "job" could be a lot of fun while putting money in your pocket.

ncampion - 3-9-2016 at 12:26 PM

Not sure what you mean by "Loreto's ... cramped quarters..." We built our house on a beach front lot North of town that measures 45m X 105m and we actually have a pueblo (Loreto) about 2 miles away that has just about anything you might need. No need to drive miles and miles over washboard just to get to the Hwy, then many more miles to the nearest town.

vandenberg - 3-9-2016 at 01:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by ncampion  
Not sure what you mean by "Loreto's ... cramped quarters..." We built our house on a beach front lot North of town that measures 45m X 105m and we actually have a pueblo (Loreto) about 2 miles away that has just about anything you might need. No need to drive miles and miles over washboard just to get to the Hwy, then many more miles to the nearest town.

You tell'm Nick.
Don't let some out of town realtor knock our town.:biggrin::biggrin:

chippy - 3-9-2016 at 01:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Robinhood  
Nothing on that scale at the minute however the Lujans are always looking for the next big thing and real money is available in Mexico right now.

Pt. Chivato is ready for the next wave of retirees and second home owners from both Mexico and abroad. Not many places where you can get such beautiful beachfront homes for the currently low prices. Cabo is exploding with construction now and you could buy ten houses in Chivato for the price of a nice place in Cabo. For the price of Loreto's comparatively cramped quarters you could have a beachfront compound with few neighbors and nearly the whole ocean to yourselves. Check out our listings.

If you wanted to go into development and make your own small fortune you could consider this very attractive deal.

http://bajasur.craigslist.com.mx/reb/5426324104.html

Call us for a more complete description of the possibilities and how your retirement "job" could be a lot of fun while putting money in your pocket.

Spoken like a true blue mexican dirt pimp:light::lol:. Oh for the pre 2008 days eh?

Not trying to raise hackles....

Robinhood - 3-9-2016 at 03:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by ncampion  

Parts of Loreto still offer the ability to spread out a little and not smell what your neighbor is barbecuing which is exactly the type of person looking at Pt. Chivato. Loreto Bay Village living it is not and nearly everybody I have talked to in Chivato and that is most of them say they don't want the road paved because the end of the road experience adds to the solitude and laid-back lifestyle they cherish.

No offense intended for those who are more comfortable with condos, cul-de-sacs, and the like. Everybody has their comfort zone.

I don't mind being called a dirt-pimp if it bumps the thread to the top of the page. I have been in the business for a lot of years and made millionaires out of several clients, ridden the real estate roller coaster with every other investor and most importantly survived. I was a Tahoe Realtor in 1998, in Mulege by 2008 and I'll still be here in 2028, God willing. My ability to make your transactions faster, smoother, and sometimes way more economical is why you hire me.

Call me anything you want, just call me. I say find a job you love and you add five days a week to your life. I love my job and I hope you could say the same about yours.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming......:bounce:

Bajahowodd - 3-9-2016 at 06:01 PM

I just think that if the Fonatur developed Loreto is still struggling after all these years, even with an international airport close by, it will be a long, long time before development in Punta Chivato equates to anything. Most likely a good thing for the folks there enjoying a wonderful place.

BajaMama - 3-10-2016 at 08:58 AM

I recall seeing this more than a few years back when PC was experiencing a growth spurt. Being that PC is off the grid I don't think a project like this will ever get up and running. Plus the "housing boom" petered out during the recession. Hell it seems that a lot of Baja is still suffering the effects of the recession; in Santa Rosalia and Mulegè I don't see the tourists like we used to in the early 2000's.

TMW - 3-10-2016 at 09:51 AM

Robinhood don't take the negative too seriously. A good real estate agent is good to have when buying and selling a home. Some people like to do it themselves and they sometimes get into trouble or have problems bigger than expected.

BajaBlanca - 3-10-2016 at 11:50 AM

What a huge project ! The many times we have been to Chivato we have never heard of this but it would change P.C. radically.

BigBearRider - 3-10-2016 at 12:53 PM

Again, the plans are about 10 years old from what I understand. I think I recall there are posts on this board about KCOC fencing off a large area and posting guards around the place many, many years ago. I believe it all died. There is no sight of any development at this time. I don't know that there are any fences around.

Edit:

Here is a thread about the KCOC fences and the camping beach closing. It's from 2009:

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=37804

[Edited on 3-10-2016 by BigBearRider]

StuckSucks - 3-10-2016 at 05:20 PM

David K - 3-10-2016 at 05:29 PM

Some day...

Looks about as practical as the golf course and marina planned for the salt flat between the Shell Island road and Bahía Santa María!

SFandH - 3-10-2016 at 05:29 PM

Look like bacteria growing in a laboratory petri dish.

Developophilus affluenzae perhaps?

4x4abc - 3-10-2016 at 08:53 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
Look like bacteria growing in a laboratory petri dish.

Developophilus affluenzae perhaps?

and it certainly gives you diarrhea