BajaNomad

Furniture Store in Loretto

janai229 - 5-30-2016 at 05:14 AM

We are looking to purchase some rustico Méxican furniture and are wondering if there is a good place to do so in Loretto and/or Constitución. We have a place in San Juanico and want to pick up a few items en route.

rhintransit - 5-30-2016 at 06:35 AM

Loreto...there is one store that has some armoires and such on Independencia near the police station. Conchita's has some pieces. both have limited choices but worth a look.

janai229 - 5-30-2016 at 07:02 AM

Do you have a street name or local for Conchita's ?? I haven't spent too much time in Loretto.

rhintransit - 5-30-2016 at 07:35 AM

I think it is Pino Suarez, but not sure. if you go down Salvatierra/main drag (towards the Sea) and turn right at the OXXO, it is on the next corner. the street is one street before the corner with the taxis and where you could...if it were legal...turn left into the plaza/Cafe Ole, etc. she usually closes for siesta.

Heros de Indepencia/other store whose name I forget...main drag, circle type thing by the bus station/Sherman Williams, follow it around until you are heading north towards the police station...turn right at Independence/stop sign by the station, it's on the left less than a half a block east.

Quote: Originally posted by janai229  
Do you have a street name or local for Conchita's ?? I haven't spent too much time in Loretto.

[Edited on 5-30-2016 by rhintransit]

ncampion - 5-30-2016 at 08:12 AM

There's also a store called Adwa, located on Missioneros just North of Juarez.

David K - 5-30-2016 at 09:08 AM

LORETO (only one T) was the first capital of California, founded in 1697.

rhintransit - 5-30-2016 at 09:27 AM

oops, yes, forgot Adwa. good idea. check them all. stock is intermittent, but all usually have something and some will order.

Quote: Originally posted by ncampion  
There's also a store called Adwa, located on Missioneros just North of Juarez.

Mula - 5-30-2016 at 09:32 AM

Interactive maps for La Paz, Loreto, Todo Santos, Cabo, etc.

gotbaja®maps
www.gotbaja.mx/

David K - 5-30-2016 at 09:49 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Mula  

gotbaja®maps
www.gotbaja.mx/

Do the maps open for you? When I click on the thumbnail images the maps do not open up. Otherwise, that would be cool.
I wonder where they got the name idea, "gotbaja"? LOL

Bajaboy - 5-30-2016 at 09:58 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

gotbaja®maps
www.gotbaja.mx/

Do the maps open for you? When I click on the thumbnail images the maps do not open up. Otherwise, that would be cool.
I wonder where they got the name idea, "gotbaja"? LOL

Probably the Got Milk ads:light:

David K - 5-30-2016 at 10:27 AM

Ha ha... well, that is exactly where I got the idea from back in 2004! LOL

Antonio (BajaCactus) owned a printing company in Tijuana and made my bumper stickers there. My 'got baja?' hats were also made in Baja, in Tijuana.

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=10536
http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=5575

4x4abc - 5-30-2016 at 06:07 PM

grab a flight to Guadalajara
enjoy furniture shopping and a truly great Mexican city (food, drinks, sights)
shipping the stuff to Loreto will be fairly inexpensive

frustrated with all the overpriced junk in Cabo and La Paz I did that one day
found everything I wanted and had a great time

Mula - 5-30-2016 at 06:51 PM

The maps open fine for me.
Go to the web site and they open just fine.

Shop in Guadalajara and ship. Shopping is Baja is too expensive.

David K - 5-30-2016 at 07:47 PM

Yes, I went to the website, clicked on the thumbnail maps, and then a big box appears with a red X in the middle instead of a big map? They look like fun maps, too bad they don't open for everyone.

ncampion - 5-31-2016 at 09:41 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

Yes, I went to the website, clicked on the thumbnail maps, and then a big box appears with a red X in the middle instead of a big map? They look like fun maps, too bad they don't open for everyone.

Same thing for me. Would like to see them.

AKgringo - 5-31-2016 at 11:08 AM

I also got the blank screen with the red X in the center, but was able to go a little further and download individual maps of the towns.

I used the translate to English mode, so I was able to view maps (not to scale) of Peace, All Saints, and Fishmonger. That would be La Paz, Todo Santos, and Pescadero!

rhintransit - 5-31-2016 at 08:54 PM

OOPS! That would be turn right at the BigMartm NOT OXXO. Sorry, same function, different stores

Quote: Originally posted by rhintransit  
I think it is Pino Suarez, but not sure. if you go down Salvatierra/main drag (towards the Sea) and turn right at the OXXO, it is on the next corner. the street is one street before the corner with the taxis and where you could...if it were legal...turn left into the plaza/Cafe Ole, etc. she usually closes for siesta.

Heros de Indepencia/other store whose name I forget...main drag, circle type thing by the bus station/Sherman Williams, follow it around until you are heading north towards the police station...turn right at Independence/stop sign by the station, it's on the left less than a half a block east.

Rustico Furniture

J.P. - 6-2-2016 at 04:39 PM

WE have some pieces over 30 years old I have had good luck having pieces custom made. we have used Sterling in Ensenada to reproduce some and have used a couple places in Rosarita to custom fabricate what we wanted and are very satisfyed with the results.

Rustico Furniture

J.P. - 6-2-2016 at 04:41 PM

WE have some pieces over 30 years old I have had good luck having pieces custom made. we have used Sterling in Ensenada to reproduce some and have used a couple places in Rosarita to custom fabricate what we wanted and are very satisfyed with the results.

Bajahowodd - 6-3-2016 at 03:51 PM

I realize that this source may not help inasmuch as they import stuff to the US, but you just might wish to contact these folks to see what help they may offer. http://www.directfrommexico.com/furniture-mexican-painted.ht...

[Edited on 6-3-2016 by Bajahowodd]