BajaNomad

june 3-6 pretty hot...

Bob and Susan - 6-3-2016 at 02:43 PM

first hot day in mulege...but...it's a "dry heat" : )

June3.jpg - 51kB

[Edited on 6-5-2016 by Bob and Susan]

Russ - 6-3-2016 at 03:08 PM

99º in the shade here

vandenberg - 6-3-2016 at 03:16 PM

Only 82 here on my porch in Nopolo.
Nice breeze blowing.

Bajahowodd - 6-3-2016 at 03:41 PM

103 in Ontario CA.

David K - 6-3-2016 at 03:47 PM

First "hot" day here in Southern Alta California, too!
It has been very mild or cool so far this Spring (Summer begins in another 17 or so days).

SFandH - 6-3-2016 at 03:51 PM

Hot in the deserts, for sure. San Felipe is looking at around 110 for the Baja 500 this weekend. We were planning on going but that's too hot for us and our dogs in the camper.

The northern baja Pacific side on the other hand is just about perfect.

willardguy - 6-3-2016 at 03:52 PM

sweater weather today in ensenada for tech inspection.....the towns on fire!:yes:

chuckie - 6-3-2016 at 03:52 PM

HOT? NOT!

David K - 6-3-2016 at 04:03 PM

This year's Baja 500 is all mountain and desert with no Pacific side influence except the few miles out of and back into Ensenada!

So, for racers, pit teams and fans... HOT HOT HOT!

When we did communication support for Baja Pits at the 2006 Baja 500 south of Valle de Trinidad, it was a scorcher then, too!

Barry A. - 6-3-2016 at 04:03 PM

100 degrees in N. CA in Redding right now (for the TRUMP Rally)-------about normal for this time of year-----love it!!! Humidity 20%--perfect!!

Lots of lakes and rivers to jump in, and swimming pools too----(-:

I am jumping in right now.

My Son and Son-in-law are in Ensenada for the 500--------they are very excited, and presumably cool.

[Edited on 6-3-2016 by Barry A.]

BigBearRider - 6-4-2016 at 01:46 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Russ  
99º in the shade here

Ouch!

BajaBlanca - 6-4-2016 at 07:51 AM

bajanomad Jerry from Mulege says it was 105 degrees when he left for La Bocana yesterday.

So glad we are on the Pacific - give me the wind any day....it has been very windy here every afternoon.

Russ - 6-4-2016 at 09:57 AM

Sat. at 11am 103º 3mph MW breeze off the desert 44% hum

Bob and Susan - 6-4-2016 at 10:21 AM

here on the bay in mulege it's a little cooler...it'll be hot by 3pm

wind is 3mph

satJune4.JPG - 64kB

Mulege weather

Babsy - 6-4-2016 at 10:26 AM

Todays high supposed to be 109, The heat is on. Feeling glad that I have the Sera of Cortez to cool off in and air conditioning.

bacquito - 6-4-2016 at 10:26 AM

113 F in Yuma

[Edited on 6-4-2016 by bacquito]

Barry A. - 6-4-2016 at 10:46 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bacquito  
113 F in Yuma

[Edited on 6-4-2016 by bacquito]

WOW!!!!!! Now THAT's hot!!!

Russ - 6-4-2016 at 01:30 PM

Sat. 2pm 105º Sorry resizing isn't working

[Edited on 6-4-2016 by Russ]

[Edited on 6-4-2016 by Russ]

Bob and Susan - 6-4-2016 at 02:42 PM

I got'a believe the bottom one...the acurite

the weems and palth might be a Chinese knoc-off

made in france and the french use celsius NOT Fahrenheit
and plath is a german company not french...

BornFisher - 6-4-2016 at 02:46 PM

Check Niland Calif-- https://www.wunderground.com/us/ca/niland/zmw:92257.1.99999

Yesterday`s high---- 120.2
Today (so far) ----- 119.5

mtgoat666 - 6-4-2016 at 03:01 PM

99 Percent Chance 2016 Will Be the Hottest Year on Record, per
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/99-percent-chance-...

Barry A. - 6-4-2016 at 04:12 PM

For Goat:

Niland, CA

Average high for June historically---------103

Record High for June historically--------- 121 (1990)

Bob and Susan - 6-4-2016 at 04:22 PM

actually out here on the bay in mulege...it never broke a hundred today

only 98 right now

KaceyJ - 6-4-2016 at 07:23 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

Goat , a true scientist never attaches itself to any cult .

Here's a little of the other side ,

http://www.newsmax.com/LarryBell/CATO-DQA-MIT-NOAA/2016/02/0...

btw , SA is a good pub IMO

David K - 6-4-2016 at 07:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by KaceyJ  

As the world sees that sea levels at not rising as predicted and that summers are still hot and winters are still cold, they must create different kinds of drama. They can't survive without funding for their false predictions and politicians need to be re-elected so they can "save us" from ourselves!

BornFisher - 6-4-2016 at 08:07 PM

Yeah yeah, pretty hot in Niland. Heard that Hillary and Bill were doing a fund raiser out there for the Clinton Legal Defense Fund. And it was SOOOOO HOTTTTTT, that Bill had to get in bed with his wife just to cool down!!!!

wessongroup - 6-4-2016 at 09:05 PM

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=23781

Hook - 6-4-2016 at 10:18 PM

Tonight is heat beyond anything we have experienced in eight years of living in Sonora. 104 at 1030 at night.

Marc - 6-5-2016 at 06:39 AM

It's 54º in San Fransicko this morning. With the usual 'June Gloom' fog drifting in along the coast. We may reach 63º today.

24baja - 6-5-2016 at 06:56 AM

We had 111 in the desert and 106 on the beach at La Gringa in BOLA. Really dry heat. Night temp was 98.

mtgoat666 - 6-5-2016 at 07:19 AM

Here in inland san diego cool marine layer nights, warm sunny days, perfect as usual. Should be a bit cooler by super golden state tuesday.
I already voted by mail for the only candidate that truly cares about climate change.
Feel the Bern!

pauldavidmena - 6-5-2016 at 08:04 AM

A different kind of "June Gloom" here in Cochituate:

Barry A. - 6-5-2016 at 09:03 AM

Quote: Originally posted by seasider  
Quote: Originally posted by KaceyJ  

This impartial and objective scientist thinks global warming is a serious threat to humanity:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2...

If you notice, S. Hawkings says "may" over and over again. We/he really just don't/doesn't know for sure about any of the subjects he touched upon. Then crank into the equation that no matter what we do we will not effect the outcome of human 'climate change' efforts by more than 1 to 3% and you have a true dilemma. Damned if we do, and "maybe" damned if we don't.

SFandH - 6-5-2016 at 09:21 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Barry A.  

If you notice, S. Hawkings says "may" over and over again. We/he really just don't/doesn't know for sure about any of the subjects he touched upon. Then crank into the equation that no matter what we do we will not effect the outcome of human 'climate change' efforts by more than 1 to 3% and you have a true dilemma. Damned if we do, and "maybe" damned if we don't.

In the highlighted sentence, shouldn't you have used "may not" instead of "will not"?

Or do you know that prediction is true for sure? ;)

Hawking Drivel

MrBillM - 6-5-2016 at 09:27 AM

The Gnome in the wheelchair just makes up stuff based on mathematical theories knowing that he'll be compost before he's proven wrong.

Barry A. - 6-5-2016 at 10:02 AM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
Quote: Originally posted by Barry A.  

In the highlighted sentence, shouldn't you have used "may not" instead of "will not"?

Or do you know that prediction is true for sure? ;)

I don't know ANYTHING for sure, but I have read many articles, and seen many interviews where even the most stringent and extreme "man-caused Climate Change" advocates admit to the "1 to 3% prediction" of the effectiveness of anything man now does to combat it. I am NOT a scientist, that is for sure, but I don't think those stats pencil-out as worth doing. Just my opinion.

Bob and Susan - 6-5-2016 at 12:31 PM

today is sunday...it's not EVEN the hottest part of the day either...

at least its a "dry heat"

fish are jump'n

june5temp.jpg - 64kB

How long has this been chewed on

wessongroup - 6-5-2016 at 08:36 PM

Some of those temps are cooking .... as for the other, human impact on the planet

Depends on who one listen to .... fill in the current President's thoughts on the issue .... There would appear to be a "common thread" to me ... considering the time period ALL these guys have spoken on the subject ... and they aren't even the scientist :biggrin::biggrin:

And I've listened to them all ... including the current ones wanting the Job ... that would be President of the United States

Strange all Presidents have spoken to the impact and/or concern of human impact on the environment ....and some still have doubts ... OK

[Edited on 6-6-2016 by wessongroup]

wiltonh - 6-5-2016 at 10:00 PM

It was 108 in Mosier Oregon today and the oil train fire has messed up the water treatment plant. This means no showers or toilets and you have to boil your drinking water.

They have installed porta potties all around town and asked people to go real easy on water use as they put 1/2 million gallons of water on the fire which has caused the wells to run low.

Sounds like they may have gotten the sewer plant fixed this evening so hopefully things will be better tomorrow.

mtgoat666 - 6-6-2016 at 06:08 AM

Quote: Originally posted by wiltonh  
It was 108 in Mosier Oregon today and the oil train fire has messed up the water treatment plant. This means no showers or toilets and you have to boil your drinking water.

They have installed porta potties all around town and asked people to go real easy on water use as they put 1/2 million gallons of water on the fire which has caused the wells to run low.

Sounds like they may have gotten the sewer plant fixed this evening so hopefully things will be better tomorrow.

The petroluem economy is a disaster for all, from residents near train tracks transporting canadian oil sands petro, to residents near nat gas storage fields to ALL of us being impacted by global warming.

Hot enough for you? If its too hot, turn on your AC and consume some more fossil fuel!

[Edited on 6-6-2016 by mtgoat666]

Russ - 6-6-2016 at 06:47 AM

Some of us just want to know the temps around Baja. Why does it seem like a simple thread turns into kraaap here? We're down here to escape the world for a short time. Start you own posts if you want to expound you Philosophies.

wessongroup - 6-6-2016 at 03:45 PM

Maybe folks are "touchy" cuz, we don't get those morning pic's anymore :):)

bajabuddha - 6-6-2016 at 04:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Russ  
Some of us just want to know the temps around Baja. Why does it seem like a simple thread turns into kraaap here? We're down here to escape the world for a short time. Start you own posts if you want to expound you Philosophies.

You've been a member since '04 and haven't yet noticed that Goat-The-Scrote's main M.O. is to turn everything into kraaap around here? Hateful does as hateful is. Guess that's what happens when you digest too much aluminum. Maybe he has to keep stirrin' the kraaap to find something undigested to eat... my guess...

bezzell - 6-15-2016 at 08:26 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

As the world sees that sea levels at not rising as predicted and that summers are still hot and winters are still cold, they must create different kinds of drama. They can't survive without funding for their false predictions and politicians need to be re-elected so they can "save us" from ourselves!

such a genius ...

http://www.sfgate.com/world/article/Australian-mammal-1st-to...

[Edited on 6-15-2016 by bezzell]

David K - 6-15-2016 at 11:35 AM

You really should check your links, Mr. genius! :light:

micah202 - 6-15-2016 at 12:45 PM

...all these reports are making me greatful for the rain and ~60° in vancouver ;)

[Edited on 6-15-2016 by micah202]

bezzell - 6-15-2016 at 12:53 PM

You really should check your links, Mr. genius! :light:

sorry you don't have the foresight to utilise available information in broken link ... but this plays perfectly to your 'comprehension''

http://www.sfgate.com/world/article/Australian-mammal-1st-to...

rts551 - 6-15-2016 at 04:10 PM

Aside from David's brilliant statement next Sunday/Monday are going to be the hottest in many years in some places.

118 Mexicali
108 San Felipe
104 Guerrero Negro
109 Tecate
99 San Quintin

SFandH - 6-15-2016 at 04:16 PM

Yeah, it's going to be hot in the deserts. Just checked, they're forecasting 121 in Palm Springs for Monday.

That's 51 degrees warmer than 70, where most of us like to live.

Yikes!

[Edited on 6-15-2016 by SFandH]

bajabuddha - 6-15-2016 at 04:27 PM

Here we go again...... it'll be like getting Herr Drumph to apologize for........ anything....... :no:

David K - 6-15-2016 at 04:44 PM

It is supposed to be HOT... It's a desert, it's almost summer... wow! The first day of summer is the LONGEST day of the year, as well.

The need for drama is really something. Why does anyone need to blame anything other than Nature for the NATURAL conditions of summer (June-Sept.) being hot (relative to Winter)?

SFandH - 6-15-2016 at 04:50 PM

You're being the most dramatic. I just posted about an unusually hot forecast without any comment.

bajabuddha - 6-15-2016 at 04:50 PM

Mama goin' fishin', Daddy goin' fishin', I'm a-goin' fishin', toooooooo..... :biggrin:

bezzell - 6-15-2016 at 04:51 PM

It is supposed to be HOT... It's a desert, it's almost summer... wow! The first day of summer is the LONGEST day of the year, as well.

The need for drama is really something. Why does anyone need to blame anything other than Nature for the NATURAL conditions of summer (June-Sept.) being hot (relative to Winter)?

i'd reference an ostrich but it'd be such an insult to ostriches (sp)

bajalinda - 6-15-2016 at 04:51 PM

great time of year here on the Pacific coast of BajaSur - daytime temps out on the porch are in the mid 70s these days.

bkbend - 6-15-2016 at 05:10 PM

Some heat would be nice, 29 deg this morning on the porch, right now at 5pm it's 53 and some hail here in Central Oregon.

bezzell - 6-15-2016 at 05:10 PM

it's unseasonably cold here in central cali, therefore global warming must be a hoax! :rolleyes:

SFandH - 6-15-2016 at 05:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bezzell  
it's unseasonably cold here in central cali, therefore global warming must be a hoax! :rolleyes:

You got it dude. It's a hoax created by vegans and funded by the Illuminati. Vote for Trump, he'll fix it, he'll ban science and make America great again, I hate to tell you, but everyone says so.

[Edited on 6-16-2016 by SFandH]

bezzell - 6-15-2016 at 05:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
Quote: Originally posted by bezzell  

You got it dude. It's a hoax created by vegans and funded by the Illuminati. Vote for Trump, he'll fix it, he'll ban scientists, I hate to tell you, but everyone says so.http://forums.bajanomad.com/images/smilies/eureka.gif

[Edited on 6-16-2016 by SFandH]

:lol: Grump's crashing & burning ... funny (not really) video ... http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/stephen-colbert-trump-N-...

[Edited on 6-16-2016 by bezzell]

David K - 6-15-2016 at 05:39 PM

Climate Hoax.jpg - 202kB

chuckie - 6-15-2016 at 05:44 PM

Uh? So? Is there a point to that cartoon?

rts551 - 6-15-2016 at 08:49 PM

quit yelling....too much drama.

shari - 6-16-2016 at 09:57 AM

I had to put another blanket on the bed it was so cold here last night! I LOVE June on the Pacside!