BajaNomad

first post

rancho guillermo - 7-7-2016 at 02:17 PM

My first post. Long time viewer of Baja Nomad...Now a member.
Love the site.

Maron - 7-7-2016 at 02:22 PM

Welcome, enjoy the ride

bajabuddha - 7-7-2016 at 02:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by rancho guillermo  
My first post. Long time viewer of Baja Nomad...Now a member.
Love the site.

This too can change....... but welcome aboard anyway, and howdy. Free spanks to the new guy! :biggrin:

fishbuck - 7-7-2016 at 04:11 PM

Welcome aboard!
Peace, love, and fish tacos to you senor

Bajahowodd - 7-7-2016 at 04:54 PM

No background info whatsoever? How about where are you? Where are you from? What do you do in Baja? The list goes on...

rancho guillermo - 7-7-2016 at 05:07 PM

I will try and get the hang of this sooner than later.
I am from and in Southern CA.
Try to do a little of everything in Baja and soon will try and post some photos. Hope I can figure it out. Thanks for the welcomes...

Ken Bondy - 7-7-2016 at 07:32 PM

Bienvenidos!!!

DENNIS - 7-7-2016 at 07:36 PM

Do you have any incriminating fotos that we can hold against you in case all goes bad?
Jes kiddin. Welcome to BajaNomad.

rancho guillermo - 7-8-2016 at 09:07 AM

Okay, first photo attempt.
Foto # 1...San Felipe, April 1971. That is me in the middle in Red. Pointing at my new friend, he was one of the son's of the "Clam Man" The green truck would bring fish around every afternoon. Bus in background was a friends, converted to motorhome and took us alot of places.

Foto # 2...Rancho Santa Inez. Approx. 1973-74
Family Trip and Pre-run practice.

Fun times.

Attachment: foto 1_0001.pdf (196kB)
This file has been downloaded 314 times

rancho guillermo - 7-8-2016 at 09:08 AM

#2 foto...

Attachment: foto 2_0001.pdf (241kB)
This file has been downloaded 256 times

StuckSucks - 7-8-2016 at 10:07 AM

Fun to see the old photos - thanks!

With apologies, I compared your old Sta. Inez photo with one I took a few months ago - the place has grown up - who woulda figured?

BajaBlanca - 7-8-2016 at 06:52 PM

that is a great before and after comparison.

welcome to the board!

bajabuddha - 7-8-2016 at 07:30 PM

1971......... new guy, eh? ;)

David K - 7-12-2016 at 08:07 AM

Welcome!
I left for Baja the day when you posted... I will enjoy seeing your views of Baja from long ago, when the magic of Baja grabbed at me and never let me go!

Here is my dad and I at Santa Ynez in 1982 (his last time there, I was about 25)...

shari - 7-12-2016 at 09:15 AM

Glad you decided to finally come out of the closet Rancho!!! unlike SOME people I know...chicken chits! Look forward to hearing more from you.

rancho guillermo - 7-12-2016 at 12:08 PM

Thanks David K and Shari...
Great story and History tellers on this site. That is one of the things I like. (and Tequila) Attaching photos will be my challenge but I will learn.

BajaBlanca - 7-12-2016 at 12:54 PM

took me a loooong time to learn how to post photos, but I eventually got the hang of it!

Maybe David can put the link to his explanation on how to do it?

David K - 7-12-2016 at 02:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
took me a loooong time to learn how to post photos, but I eventually got the hang of it!

Maybe David can put the link to his explanation on how to do it?

This is the first post in the Baja Nomad Photo Album forum...

Because there are new members still not finding the how to add photos here.

We can help! Here's the step by step using one of the photo hosting sites 'Photobucket.com':

There are many photo hosting sites, Photobucket.com is one used by many here, it is free for basic membership and very cheap for advanced.

1) Create an album for your trip or subject on Photobucket.

2) Click Upload (top center) to transfer photos from your PC folder to your Photobucket album.

3) Click on the gear symbol on the right corner of the box you see on the screen...

4) Select 800 (full size) or 640 (large size) for Nomad posting...

100x75 is the Avatar size, fyi.

5) Click SAVE!

6) Select photos you want to share on Nomad (or other forums) by pressing the Choose Photos & Videos button (or for the entire folder of photos, click Choose Folder).

Once done with uploading photos, make your post here on Baja Nomad and add photos using the IMG link from the choices of links for each photo in your album. Copy and paste that link in your Nomad thread, double spacing between links. Add a caption to the photo if desired... Click Preview Post to check your post... if okay, click Post Reply.

==============++++++++++++++++++===============

Rancho, here is my trip report I am now posting on Nomad.
http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=83482

The many photos are at the max. of 800 pixels and are the full width of the Nomad page. This is as it will look for your photo posting if you follow the six steps, and is how most photo posting here is done. There are many ways... and any one of them will need practice. I am happy to assist you until you are comfortable with the process.
David

[Edited on 7-13-2016 by David K]

carlosg - 7-12-2016 at 05:16 PM

Welcome rancho guillermo....

Quote: Originally posted by rancho guillermo  
I will try and get the hang of this sooner than later.
I am from and in Southern CA.
Try to do a little of everything in Baja and soon will try and post some photos. Hope I can figure it out. Thanks for the welcomes...

...this may help as well:

Quote: Originally posted by carlosg  
Hi Annie,

To upload my pictures I use the "Microsoft Office Picture Manager", I do the following:

1 go to wherever my picture is stored in my computer
    2 position the cursor on it to highlight it then
    3 right click on it and select "OPEN WITH" from the pop-up menu, then
    4 select "Microsoft Office Picture Manager", that then
    5 opens a new window with the picture in it
    6 once again right click on it and from the pop-up menu left click on "EDIT PICTURE" and that will
    7 open a dialog"RESIZE" under "Change Picture Size" box on the right side of the screen and another dialog screen opens instead: "RESIZE SETTINGS", from here select:
    8 "PREDEFINED WITH X HEIGHT", left CLICK ON THE black arrow ON left side of the white box and SELECT:
    9 "WEB - LARGE" setting, then on the bottom select:
    10 "OK"
    11 on the top of the screen go to where it says "FILE" and left click on it and then from the drop-down menu select :
    12 "SAVE AS", here I just add an underscore to the beginning of the original name of the picture so it pops-up first in your folder when you look for it and you don't overwrite the original one
    14 NOW IS TIME TO UPLOAD TO BAJANOMADS!!!
    15 on the BOTTOM LEFT CORNER of the BajaNomad "Post Reply" dialog box look for "Attachment" next to it is a button that says "BROWSE", left click on it an it will take you to:
    16 THE folder WHERE you have stored your picture(s):
    17 select one at a time and just keep on doing it until your done

You must edit each picture individually, and you will be able to upload as many as the BajaNomad "Post Reply" dialog box allows you to do so.

...tough crowd.. ain't it...???

[Edited on 5-3-2016 by carlosg]

Whale-ista - 7-12-2016 at 09:38 PM

Welcome Guillermo! Thanks for the photos. Good memories...

rancho guillermo - 7-13-2016 at 07:54 AM

Thank you for the photo info everybody and thanks for the welcome Whale-ista. Not sure how tough the crowd is yet but I know they are smarter than I. But that is not saying alot.