BajaNomad

Tres Virgenes Cabanas

edevart - 11-21-2016 at 12:30 PM

Hi All - I remember in the past some chatter about there being some kind of ecotourism project at Tres Virgines, including some cabins for nightly rental. Does anybody have any information about this place? Does it exist and is it operational? Any contact info? Thanks!

David K - 11-21-2016 at 01:08 PM

Hard to search as there are so many variations on the name. I first posted about the signs for the "hotel" and geothermal plant back in 2007 (new paved road to it at Km. 33).

Many photos (linked in post): http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=50114

Scroll down to photos by b1: http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=49346

Contact info for the cabins (from 2010), photo links are no longer working: http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=49371

[Edited on 11-21-2016 by David K]

DENNIS - 11-21-2016 at 02:02 PM

Wassup? Is Jesse becoming the Trump of La Paz?

Udo - 11-21-2016 at 04:44 PM

:lol:
:bounce:
:lol:
:bounce:

Good one DENNIS!

Quote: Originally posted by DENNIS  

Wassup? Is Jesse becoming the Trump of La Paz?

David K - 11-21-2016 at 06:33 PM

Okay you two (Dennis, Udo)... let's not sidebar the thread unless you give some balance of data!

edevart: There is a very nice (high-end) restaurant in La Paz with the name Tres Virgenes, opened by a Baja Nomad named JESSE.

DENNIS - 11-21-2016 at 07:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Okay you two (Dennis, Udo)... let's not sidebar the thread unless you give some balance of data!

Forgive me. I am oozing with shame. :lol:

David K - 11-21-2016 at 09:34 PM

LOL !!!

Udo - 11-23-2016 at 02:36 PM

DENNIS must have taken his meds today.

OOZING?:bounce: :biggrin: :bounce: :biggrin:

Quote: Originally posted by DENNIS  
Quote: Originally posted by David K  

Forgive me. I am oozing with shame. :lol:

[Edited on 11-23-2016 by Udo]

philodog - 11-23-2016 at 06:03 PM

We stayed there about four years ago. The cabins were very basic and expensive. Back then the main users were big horn sheep hunters and there was a set price knowing they are big spenders. I think it was 50 bucks a night including dinner. The setting is beautiful and we did a guided hike down a canyon the next day which was well worth it. They said it was no problem just camping outside for free too. I imagine things have changed in the past few years but it is a beautiful spot off the beaten path worth visiting. I`ll post pics later if I can find them.

DENNIS - 11-23-2016 at 06:08 PM

50 per night doesn't sound too bad. Does "basic" mean no water?

mtgoat666 - 11-23-2016 at 06:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by philodog  
We stayed there about four years ago. The cabins were very basic and expensive. Back then the main users were big horn sheep hunters and there was a set price knowing they are big spenders. I think it was 50 bucks a night including dinner. The setting is beautiful and we did a guided hike down a canyon the next day which was well worth it. They said it was no problem just camping outside for free too. I imagine things have changed in the past few years but it is a beautiful spot off the beaten path worth visiting. I`ll post pics later if I can find them.

50 usd a nite, incl dinner, is not expensive, especially given the quality of the location.

The facebook page for the cabins shows that today's rates are 300 pesos per night, saying nothing about meal cost.

BajaBlanca - 11-23-2016 at 07:47 PM

Really neat guys used to run it - I have no idea if it is still functional but the next time we head south, we can sure check it out.