BajaNomad

Best fish tacos in Baja

HeyMulegeScott - 12-7-2018 at 03:56 PM

Let the great taco debate begin...

http://www.discoverbaja.com/2018/12/04/peninsula-picks-best-...

I agree with Taqueria y Mariscos Adriana in San Felipe on the list. Maria's shrimp is the best and she slipped me an extra piece of shrimp last time I was there.

David K - 12-7-2018 at 04:17 PM

I think China's (Chee-nah) in Bahia de los Angeles should be included, too.

bajafreaks - 12-7-2018 at 05:24 PM

El Viejo in Los Barrlies

How about best in the Free Zone?

Hook - 12-7-2018 at 05:38 PM

My vote goes to my buddy Pab, fisherman extraordinaire from his 19 foot panga.

Whenever we load up on gold-spotted bass, we immediately send out an APB that the fish fry is coming at lunch time.

His is a simple beer batter (from pale ale that he brews himself, mostly Cascade hops, about a three week fermentation) that combines corn meal and wheat flour, salt and black pepper. He's a stickler for oil at a certain temp to keep the batter from getting too impregnated with oil.

I supply the soy sauce-impregnated, fried Japapenos (that I first had at the original La Pasadita on the square in San Quintin). We're also big on salsa tatemada, the requisite crema/lime combo, guac and cabbage. Some cilantro and that's about it.

Nothing touches it in our town.

thebajarunner - 12-7-2018 at 05:40 PM

China is my favorite too
Fish, shrimp or carne
She really dials it up
and way to easy on the price
she could double her prices and still be a bargain

shari - 12-7-2018 at 05:55 PM

TAcos Don Ramon in Bahia Asuncion....only open weekends. The fixins are so fresh and the sesame oil Dibbled on makes em pop!

HeyMulegeScott - 12-7-2018 at 05:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Hook  

Whenever we load up on gold-spotted bass, we immediately send out an APB that the fish fry is coming at lunch time.

His is a simple beer batter (from pale ale that he brews himself, mostly Cascade hops, about a three week fermentation) that combines corn meal and wheat flour, salt and black pepper. He's a stickler for oil at a certain temp to keep the batter from getting too impregnated with oil.

I supply the soy sauce-impregnated, fried Japapenos (that I first had at the original La Pasadita on the square in San Quintin). We're also big on salsa tatemada, the requisite crema/lime combo, guac and cabbage. Some cilantro and that's about it.

Where is this? Sounds great.

mtgoat666 - 12-7-2018 at 06:07 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Three2tango  

I agree with Taqueria y Mariscos Adriana in San Felipe on the list. Maria's shrimp is the best and she slipped me an extra piece of shrimp last time I was there.

In san diego atm (spittin’ distance from baja), so gonna have to give a vote for City Tacos in la mesa (north park too)

mtgoat666 - 12-7-2018 at 06:15 PM

Also a fan of el jalisciense in el sauzal (north of ensenada, a bit north of el trailero, another fav) - on 1 so good road stop
There are a bunch of good taco stands in ensenada and tj, too many to list.

DouglasP - 12-7-2018 at 06:20 PM

Armando"s Santispac cove, just south of Mulege. Off the hook! Pun intended.

Tomas Tierra - 12-7-2018 at 06:25 PM

Las Brisas in Agua Verde

Tomas Tierra - 12-7-2018 at 06:27 PM

El muelle in GN as well

mojo_norte - 12-7-2018 at 07:30 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Tomas Tierra  
El muelle in GN as well

2X - ask for a sticker

mojo_norte - 12-7-2018 at 07:37 PM

Slightly north of the border if crossing at Tecate -
https://www.yelp.com/biz/el-paso-taco-shop-campo

Bajaboy - 12-7-2018 at 11:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

In san diego atm (spittin’ distance from baja), so gonna have to give a vote for City Tacos in la mesa (north park too)

I can see Baja from my house house. I walk 1/2 mile down the street to this place and it's as legit as it gets: https://www.lasinaloenserestaurant.com/

Hook - 12-8-2018 at 04:00 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Hook  

Where is this? Sounds great.

It's not a commercial endeavor, and it predicated on whenever he catches enough GS bass to declare a fish fry. San Carlos, Sonora.

tehag - 12-8-2018 at 03:09 PM

Rey del Taco in Loreto.

bajaric - 12-8-2018 at 03:42 PM

Best Fish Tacos -- Past or present? had some great fish tacos in Ensenada, back in the day, best ever right next to the road. A lot of people would stop there to get fish tacos

bajabuddha - 12-8-2018 at 04:39 PM

The best eating fish for tacos? :?: I've always preferred cochito.... good ol' triggerfish.

I also like it blackened, boiled/steamed, mojo de ajo, ceviche, , and they're fun to catch. :coolup:

Sr.vienes - 12-8-2018 at 05:23 PM

OK I know they ain’t in Baja and I’m gonna get beat up on this but someday try Del Tacos fish tacos. Y’all have to remember Del Taco doesn’t serve beer so they are operating under a handicap, they are pretty dang good and even come with a slice of lime.

Sr.vienes - 12-8-2018 at 05:27 PM

OK I know they ain’t in Baja and I’m gonna get beat up on this but someday try Del Tacos fish tacos. Y’all have to remember Del Taco doesn’t serve beer so they are operating under a handicap, they are pretty dang good and even come with a slice of lime.

bajabuddha - 12-8-2018 at 05:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Sr.vienes  

The nice thing about Mexico is if the taqueria doesn't sell beer you can buy it next door at the deposito and bring it in ( and yes, I ALWAYS ask if it's ok first).

David K - 12-8-2018 at 06:11 PM

Triggerfish tacos are great!

Cancamo - 12-8-2018 at 06:38 PM

Haven't been there in a couple years, but......
On the sidewalk, corner of Independencia and Ramirez, La Paz. Look for parked cars, taxis, they sell out by early afternoon. Pescado, camaron, callo.
Broke Da Mouth.

StuckSucks - 12-8-2018 at 07:01 PM

David K - 12-8-2018 at 07:02 PM

Making me hungry, Jim!

StuckSucks - 12-8-2018 at 07:02 PM

BajaParrothead - 12-8-2018 at 09:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajafreaks  
El Viejo in Los Barrlies

Absolutely!! The salsa bar has all the fixings to finish off a great taco!

BajjjVan - 4-14-2019 at 07:08 PM

Tacos El Faro in Santa Rosalía is so good love their relleno taco too. I also second Tacos El Muelle in Guerrero Negro

Disastrogirl - 4-14-2019 at 07:49 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

The mariscos truck in the Target parking lot in South Park.

Purdyd - 4-14-2019 at 08:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaParrothead  
Quote: Originally posted by bajafreaks  
El Viejo in Los Barrlies

Absolutely!! The salsa bar has all the fixings to finish off a great taco!

Agree

2E3F2863-2072-4CB0-8232-2B60B15F7165.jpeg - 201kB

Used to think this was the best

1275BFDA-1C8A-4442-92BF-A324DF7B5CA9.jpeg - 212kB

[Edited on 4-15-2019 by Purdyd]

weebray - 4-15-2019 at 07:34 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Cancamo  
Haven't been there in a couple years, but......
On the sidewalk, corner of Independencia and Ramirez, La Paz. Look for parked cars, taxis, they sell out by early afternoon. Pescado, camaron, callo.
Broke Da Mouth.

Actually on the corner of Guillermo Prieto and Independencia. As with most fish taco places here in La Paz they close around noon. Instead of capeado (battered) try "a la plancha" at Mc Fisher on Morelos here in La Paz. I prefer the taste. Always very fresh fish.

carlosg - 4-15-2019 at 10:51 AM

Tacos Fenix, Ensenada, B.C.

This is are older photos, but the Fish and Shrimp Tacos at Fenix street taco stand are still "finger lickin' good". Probably NOT the Best Baja has to offer but still GOOOD.... really good. Every time we're in port we make a point of visiting Fenix....

https://goo.gl/maps/wPoBdX6NZbE2

20130919_155627.jpg - 204kB

20130919_155221.jpg - 244kB

Udo - 4-15-2019 at 11:00 AM

The best fish tacos in Baja are made by one restaurant: In La Bufadora, in the South Ensenada area. La Buf'Adora restaurant at the entrance to the famous blow-hole. It is the only larger restaurant there.
Their margaritas are fabulous also. They are made to order at your table, as well as their guacamole.
Best dinner dish are their molcajetes for two!

del mar - 4-15-2019 at 11:05 AM

I vote for Tito's in Rosarito across from the Soriana

lizard lips - 4-15-2019 at 01:54 PM

31 years in Ensenada and have had fish and shrimp tacos all over Mexico but the best by far are "Chopipo" on Avenida Diamante 1 1/2 blocks east of Reforma. EXCELLENT AND FRESH. I use to go to Tacos Fenix but after my friend got sick and received an order to go of poorly made fish tacos I'm done with them. There is also a nice covered dining area with park style benches. Most important------THE PLACE IS ALWAYS CLEAN!

BajaTed - 4-15-2019 at 04:03 PM

The best fish tacos I ever had were my first, old school style at the Ensenada fish market, open fire cooked on top of a oil barrel that had the top beat into bowl for the cooking oil.
The "Dee Dee" was our lucky boat back then.
Peace, love & fish tacos

carlosg - 4-15-2019 at 04:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lizard lips  
31 years in Ensenada and have had fish and shrimp tacos all over Mexico but the best by far are "Chopipo" on Avenida Diamante 1 1/2 blocks east of Reforma. EXCELLENT AND FRESH. I use to go to Tacos Fenix but after my friend got sick and received an order to go of poorly made fish tacos I'm done with them. There is also a nice covered dining area with park style benches. Most important------THE PLACE IS ALWAYS CLEAN!

Will try them out next time in Ensenada... this trrip we only got to San Antonio de las Minas.... great retreat....!!!!

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Tacos+de+Pescado+Chopipo/@...

Thanks.

[Edited on 4-15-2019 by carlosg]

BajaRun - 4-15-2019 at 09:19 PM

Veronicas at the entrance to K58 in front of the OXXO in La Mision