BajaNomad

Incredible view Home in Punta Banda, Ensenada, near the blow hole.(New Photos)

Udo - 8-18-2023 at 02:09 PM

BAJA CALIFORNIA, MEXICO HOME FOR SALE (EDIT: added photos)

The home is located in a well-established community, just South of Ensenada, approximately 5 Km. from the world-famous La Bufadora Blow Hole.
This is your prime opportunity to own a bayfront home in Baja California, Mexico, that is approximately two hours from the USA border, near San Diego, CA. This Bay area is home to numerous migratory birds, migratory whales, an abundant sea life
The home is totally custom-built by the most experienced area contractor (Saul Bautista), and is just 6 years old, and has a commanding 180º view of Ensenada Bay, and the estuary from its oversized deck and from every bay-front window (bedroom, family room, dining room and living room. You will also enjoy sitting in front of the fire pit and watching the Ensenada skyline at night.
You can see the sun rising over the estuary and setting over the island of Todos Santos! At times cruise ships and other vessels drop anchor seemingly at the front door. Sailboats and large yachts frequently sail in front of the house’s view.

This gorgeous front-row and corner home is ready to move in. The home’s total square footage is approximately 2,300 square feet. It features two bedrooms and two baths, and the main bath even has a jacuzzi tub. The bathing area is fully glass-enclosed. Custom tile work throughout the bath. The main floor area has a formal dining room, living room, open custom bar, and a large family room.
The kitchen is larger than many restaurants’ working kitchen. It was designed by a chef to be a home-dream kitchen. The features include a professional six-burner stove with a built-in griddle and a large matching vent. There are two gas ovens and one industrial electric convection oven. The dishwasher has its own separate water and heating capabilities There is a closet to store all the kitchen’s electrics. There are lots of drawers, and cupboards (it will take you a year to figure out what to do with all the space). There is a huge pantry with several sliding shelves, plus door space for every spice imaginable. There is also spaces to store your baking sheets as well as your rolled products (aluminum foil, plastic wrap, parchment paper, etc.). There is even room to store the trash bags for the trash compactor. The counters are all custom butcher-block. The kitchen also has an entertainment island and is also covered with a butcher-block countertop. There is seating for eight. This countertop was also used for making home-made pasta and kneading dough for pizza and breads.

The home’s water supplies come from a 24,000-gallon underground storage tank as well as a 660-gallon drinking water supply tank. Both water supplies are on separate pump facilities. The house’s water facility has a large built-in water softener. A large laundry room is also in the main floor area, rather than a separate facility on premises.

The outside of the house has a huge yard area that is a one-of-a-kind in the Ensenada area. It has many fruit-bearing trees. The yard has been featured in one of Ensenada’s magazines and has been in the area’s garden-walk tours in the Spring time because of the millions of multi-colored flowers that appear at the time. There is even a garden-walk pathway built in. The gardener has his own built-in storage room. The garden is automatically watered with kitchen sink/dishwasher, laundry, shower, bathtub, bath sinks water. Even the rain water is reclaimed for watering!

The property includes two separate garages: One, a single car garage and work shop that houses a RZR. It also has the main water storage facility, water pump, and water softener.
The second garage include tons of built-in storage plus enough room to keep four cars inside. There is a 240-volt facility with a built-in high-capacity Tesla charger. The front side of the garage has a fully covered carport capable of holding 4 more vehicles. The area behind the large garage has facility for an add-on casita that may be used as a caretaker’s house if such a caretaker is needed.

Both garages are wheel-chair capable, and the house is totally accessible by wheelchair. Both garages house an array of solar panels that produce enough power to charge the Tesla, two refrigerators, a large freezer, plus all the home’s appliances. The excess power produced is stored in the electrical provider’s electricity bank to be used on cloudy or rainy days. We have not received an electric bill in over three years.

The house has another built-in bonus: there is a highly insulated and temperature-controlled wine storage facility (Mexico’s Guadalupe Valley is an hour away). It has enough room to hold approximately 1200 bottles.

The home sits on a leased lot in Lomas Del Mar, near Km 16, Esteban Cantú, Ensenada, BC Mexico. Current lease payment is $5,000 USD per year

All this for the price of only $289.000 USD!

The house will be shown by appointment only. You may contact us at udowinkler@yahoo.com for appointment requests. Thank you!

[Edited on 8-22-2023 by BajaNomad]

Mil gracias to David K who helped me in posting more photos!

[Edited on 8-25-2023 by Udo]

[Edited on 8-26-2023 by Udo]

[Edited on 9-8-2023 by Udo]

[Edited on 9-16-2023 by Udo]

elgatoloco - 8-18-2023 at 02:41 PM

Wow. Nice setup. Best of luck. :thumbup:

Udo - 8-18-2023 at 03:08 PM

Thanks!

BajaRat - 8-18-2023 at 06:51 PM

Fabulous Udo
All the best
Lionel

Ateo - 8-18-2023 at 08:49 PM

Killer house Udo! My wife and I are zooming in on the photos now and love the setup.

Udo - 8-19-2023 at 08:44 AM

If interested in the house, I have a bunch more photos. Send me an e-mail.
It is a lot of work to repost images from POSTIMAGES.ORG.

SFandH - 8-19-2023 at 11:21 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Udo  

I see you have a Microsoft Network email address. There is probably free cloud space with your account where you can
post the pictures in a photo album and give people a link to the album.

Look into it.

BeachSeeker - 8-19-2023 at 03:09 PM

Man if this was in a Fideicomiso instead of a lease, I would seriously consider it. Of course it would probably be worth much more in that case. Great looking place Udo!

Udo - 8-21-2023 at 03:26 PM

After speaking with the owners of the leased property, they told me that a titled (fideicomiso) sale would bring about $850,000.00 USD.
From all the ads I placed, I probably had about 60+ people interested in buying this at this price. About 95% of the Punta Banda area is owned by 4 well-trusted families.

BTW, I will give it a shot (thanks to SFandH) to post more photos.

Lee - 8-21-2023 at 05:30 PM

Nice home with great views.

Who owns the land?

Don Pisto - 8-21-2023 at 05:48 PM

After speaking with the owners of the leased property, they told me that a titled (fideicomiso) sale would bring about $850,000.00 USD.
From all the ads I placed, I probably had about 60+ people interested in buying this at this price. About 95% of the Punta Banda area is owned by 4 well-trusted families.

where to now?

advrider - 8-21-2023 at 06:30 PM

Wow, what a beauty! I thought your last one was amazing; this is next level.

pauldavidmena - 8-22-2023 at 07:52 AM

How did the house fare during the storm?

Udo - 8-22-2023 at 09:31 AM

I prepped the house well for the tormenta, and nothing was blown out of place.

Udo - 8-22-2023 at 09:35 AM

Hola David!
In my postimages library I have 6 photos there. I tried to make some sort of an album, but all I managed to do was to name a photo. I was unable to create an album. The two photos posted took me 45 minutes to upload and share after a whole bunch of trial and error.
I'll accept any help you can provide.

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

Umm, not really... I can help. Just upload them (click, click, click) and there is an option to post them all, one link for them all, at full size (well, on Nomad that is 800 x 600) or post as thumbnails.

Lee - 8-23-2023 at 11:49 AM

Who owns the land your home sits on, Udo?

Udo - 8-23-2023 at 05:44 PM

Thanks, David. I thought I preselected the lower resolution.
I'll work on e-mailing you the best photos I have on the property.

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Hola David!
In my postimages library I have 6 photos there. I tried to make some sort of an album, but all I managed to do was to name a photo. I was unable to create an album. The two photos posted took me 45 minutes to upload and share after a whole bunch of trial and error.
I'll accept any help you can provide.

Just email me the 6 photos, however they are on your computer as attachments. I will make a postimages gallery for them... as I did for the Bahía Asunción home, here: https://postimg.cc/gallery/Qct5zhR
However, it looks better to just post each photos and if only six, at the 800 pixel size for Nomad.

Do you know this thread has oversize photos? You didn't preselect 800.

Udo - 8-24-2023 at 10:57 AM

Water is brought in (10,000 liters at a time), and the fresh water is delivered by one of the garrafones delivery trucks that have a large tank.

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Thanks!

Idem on "Nice".

I didn't see it mentioned-- how are you filling your cisterns?

BeachSeeker - 8-24-2023 at 05:18 PM

I'm a bit confused. Did you attempt to get a fideicomiso, and list the property for $850k if you could get it? Why didn't any of the 60+ interested people buy it?

Udo - 8-25-2023 at 12:27 PM

BeachSeeker, I only referenced the point as a comparison of a leased property vs. a fideicomiso property. The property is only available as a lease.

Also, as an ex-fideicomiso owner, I now know of 3 more fideicomiso owners who have had difficulty with their fideicomisos. They are currently unable to sell their properties because of banking "legal" issues. Two of the three banks returned annual fideicomiso payments. This now makes about 30 fideicomiso owners (in two years who have pm'd me) who have problems with their fideicomiso trusts. All these people originally thought their fideicomisos were property ownerships, when in fact they are not. The problems arose after they looked into their trusts and found out that the bank's legal department put up roadblocks to sales, modifications to trust information, as well as additions of family members as inheritors of the trusts.
I'll stick with my leases, at least I know where I stand at any time.

Quote: Originally posted by BeachSeeker  

I'm a bit confused. Did you attempt to get a fideicomiso, and list the property for $850k if you could get it? Why didn't any of the 60+ interested people buy it?

PaulW - 8-25-2023 at 02:34 PM

Turns out UDO is correct.
To sell a home on leased land there will be no record for capital gains determination since the home is not identified. Only the land is documented and it will no be sold.
For a home with a fideicomiso the seller has to have a RFC, or (Registro Federal de Contribuyentes). This is a registration for the Mexican IRS. When the house is sold a factura is created documenting the sale price and then that Mx IRS evaluates the capital gain after their appraisal, and demands their 30% of the capital gain. This whole process takes a long time, meanwhile the funds are held in escrow at a bank. The process has reported to take over a year. Faster release of funds usually requires a real lawyer as opposed to a notorio, thus adding to the expense.
Recently the cost of the RFC has gotten less expensive but expertise is required to do the task on-line. For on-line creation the Mx fees are still applicable.
Factura is an what I call an invoice which documents the transfer of money from one to another.

[Edited on 8-25-2023 by PaulW]

PaulW - 8-25-2023 at 03:31 PM

Fixed

Udo - 8-25-2023 at 03:32 PM

Thank you!

I am sure you have some idea of the number of people who think the fideicomiso is the title to end all titles. Essentially, a person is renting the land and home from a bank. And then, even if sold to a Mexican national, good luck getting the title released from the bank!

Quote: Originally posted by PaulW  
Turns out UDO is correct.
To sell a home on leased land there will be no record for capital gains determination since the home is not identified. Only the land is documented and it will no be sold.
For a home with a fideicomiso the seller has to have a RFC, or (Registro Federal de Contribuyentes). This is a registration for the Mexican IRS. When the house is sold a fractura is created documenting the sale price and then that Mx IRS evaluates the capital gain after their appraisal, and demands their 30% of the capital gain. This whole process takes a long time, meanwhile the funds are held in escrow at a bank. The process has reported to take over a year. Faster release of funds usually requires a real lawyer as opposed to a notorio, thus adding to the expense.
Recently the cost of the RFC has gotten less expensive but expertise is required to do the task on-line. For on-line creation the Mx fees are still applicable.
Fractura is an what I call an invoice which documents the transfer of money from one to another.

Udo - 8-26-2023 at 07:54 AM

:lol::bounce::lol:

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by PaulW  
Fractura is an what I call an invoice which documents the transfer of money from one to another.

Now that is funny! :bounce:

I think what you mean is "Factura".

BeachSeeker - 8-26-2023 at 03:43 PM

Thank you!
I am sure you have some idea of the number of people who think the fideicomiso is the title to end all titles. Essentially, a person is renting the land and home from a bank. And then, even if sold to a Mexican national, good luck getting the title released from the bank!

I don't know, this seems really disingenuous. While a fideicomiso may add barriers when trying to transact Mexican real estate, at least you can be 'relatively' sure that the land and house is yours. I've not heard of anyone who has a fideicomiso and lost their house, as long as the trust and title was legal in the first place.

With a lease, you have a little safety for 9 years 11 months, after that, you are on a hope and a prayer. If the owner dies and their kids take over, all bets are off, etc. Look how many nightmare threads are on this board about the owners kicking people off of their land and taking their houses once the lease is up.

[Edited on 8-26-2023 by BeachSeeker]

Udo - 8-27-2023 at 09:28 AM

You are correct!:thumbup::bounce:

as long as the trust and title was legal in the first place.

With a lease, you have a little safety for 9 years 11 months, after that, you are on a hope and a prayer. If the owner dies and their kids take over, all bets are off, etc. Look how many nightmare threads are on this board about the owners kicking people off of their land and taking their houses once the lease is up.

Lee - 8-27-2023 at 09:48 AM

A lease is as safe as the land owner willing to honor the lease. MX court would not be an option for me if the lease was broken, for whatever reason.

Personally, I wouldn't go up against any of the 4 MX families who own the land.

Doing business in MX on a wing and a prayer would be laughed at up North.

Udo has had a good run. That run doesn't necessarily apply to new owners.

Caveat emptor for sure.

Tioloco - 8-27-2023 at 11:01 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  

A lease is as safe as the land owner willing to honor the lease. MX court would not be an option for me if the lease was broken, for whatever reason.

Personally, I wouldn't go up against any of the 4 MX families who own the land.

Doing business in MX on a wing and a prayer would be laughed at up North.

Udo has had a good run. That run doesn't necessarily apply to new owners.

Caveat emptor for sure.

Like many properties in Mexico, if you can afford it and want it- do it. If not, keep walking.

I never understand why people that have no chance of buying something feel the need to comment negatively.

Looks like a nice place. Good luck with your sale.

mtgoat666 - 8-27-2023 at 11:59 AM

Thank you!

I don't know, this seems really disingenuous. While a fideicomiso may add barriers when trying to transact Mexican real estate, at least you can be 'relatively' sure that the land and house is yours. I've not heard of anyone who has a fideicomiso and lost their house, as long as the trust and title was legal in the first place.

Travel trailers and mobile homes, with simple simple palapa/garage, are ideal for leased property.

surfhat - 8-27-2023 at 12:09 PM

I had thought a feidocamiso being granted was a guarantee that you are not being suckered by a non legally entity's claim of ownership. This was 30 years ago when it worked for me.

At the time over thirty years ago, we had no other options than to rely upon a notorio to legitimatize our limited ownership. Limited, being the bank holding the trust and we paying fees every year for that limited title of ownership.

The wisdom of buying something that you can walk away from, is still relevant, or should be. Apparently this is relevant even with a notario claiming, no problemo.

I feel fortunate the ownership was never questioned at time. Others, not so much. Live and learn is a valuable lesson, whether we are buying or leasing or renting.

Risk is up to each of us to fathom for ourselves to determine.

Renting/leasing has a value in the inherent simplicity of avoiding so many pitfalls that we all hear about. Ownership comes with its own set of risks and costs.

If one can love a place enough to deal with the risks, the price is cheap.

My love for Baja has always been the salt of the earth locals that will go out their way for anyone that needs assistance when there are little options.

I have never found this dynamic to disappoint me when I needed help. It is the locals who will stop and offer help while gringoes pass on by without a care.

Yes, I have stopped on occasion to see if I could offer help.

Antonio in El Rosario is a saint for what he has been able to create with the help of so many Nomads.

That 200 mile run through the Valle de Cirios run south is always a gift to anyone that drives it. Knowing Antonio has our backs is a comfort.

I never fail to stop at his gas station in El Rosario as much to have a full tank for the next 200 miles, as for supporting his efforts at having a rescue available when there was nada previously.

Tioloco - 8-27-2023 at 12:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Thank you!

Travel trailers and mobile homes, with simple simple palapa/garage, are ideal for leased property.

Goat666-
More “expertise” from someone who never invested more than a hotel room in Baja. Thanks for sharing

BeachSeeker - 8-27-2023 at 01:15 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Tioloco  
I never understand why people that have no chance of buying something feel the need to comment negatively.

Much as I never understand why people that don't know the first thing about me think they know my financial situation.

elgatoloco - 8-27-2023 at 01:36 PM

Much as I never understand why people that don't know the first thing about me think they know my financial situation.

No worries seeker. Tioloco can't help himself. He knows everything. Just ask him..........:lol::lol:

Tioloco - 8-27-2023 at 02:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by elgatoloco  

No worries seeker. Tioloco can't help himself. He knows everything. Just ask him..........:lol::lol:

Seeker- My response was directed at the Goat666. But after reviewing your earlier response I couldn’t help but notice you telling Udo his response was “disingenuous”….

Maybe you and Goat666 are both in the category of jealous Nomads that cant afford Udo’s listing so you think it is a bad buy for all.

Either way, peace and love… ;)

BeachSeeker - 8-27-2023 at 04:03 PM

Seeker- My response was directed at the Goat666. But after reviewing your earlier response I couldn’t help but notice you telling Udo his response was “disingenuous”….

No it wasn't. You quoted me, and then gave that response. Own up to it.

Tioloco - 8-27-2023 at 04:43 PM

No it wasn't. You quoted me, and then gave that response. Own up to it.

Own up to it?
Ok Neither of the 3 of you have any ability/interest in buying the house. Yet you choose to comment negatively on it.

It is a nice house and is priced right for a qualified buyer. Good luck in the sale.

Peace, love and tacos.

Lee - 8-27-2023 at 05:47 PM

Ok Neither of the 3 of you have any ability/interest in buying the house. Yet you choose to comment negatively on it.

It is a nice house and is priced right for a qualified buyer. Good luck in the sale.

Peace, love and tacos.

Doubt you know the 3 mentioned or their ability/interest in real estate anywhere. Presumptious.

Goat was sarcastic, beach guy was on the mark.

If you see negativity in writing about the downside to leasing land with a home on it, you don't know real estate.

Udo knows the facts and so do a lot of people. Not a big deal.

Udo - 8-29-2023 at 11:50 AM

T O T A L L Y

Quote: Originally posted by elgatoloco  

Maybe you and Goat666 are both in the category of jealous Nomads that cant afford Udo’s listing so you think it is a bad buy for all.

Either way, peace and love… ;)

Udo - 8-29-2023 at 11:52 AM

Peace, love and tacos.

Doubt you know the 3 mentioned or their ability/interest in real estate anywhere. Presumptious.

Goat was sarcastic, beach guy was on the mark.

If you see negativity in writing about the downside to leasing land with a home on it, you don't know real estate.

Udo knows the facts and so do a lot of people. Not a big deal.

Lee knows!

Udo - 9-1-2023 at 09:03 AM

:D Hard to believe that almost 4000 members looked at this ad so far! :o

[Edited on 9-22-2023 by Udo]

Lee - 9-3-2023 at 07:39 PM

BAJA CALIFORNIA, MEXICO HOME FOR SALE

Is this a 48'' Viking, Udo? Think you're a Master Chef. Serious working galley.

Whatever it is is high end.

surabi - 9-9-2023 at 08:48 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Paul  

Recently the cost of the RFC has gotten less expensive

[Edited on 8-25-2023 by PaulW]

There is no charge for an RFC number.

Udo - 9-10-2023 at 10:29 AM

BAJA CALIFORNIA, MEXICO HOME FOR SALE

Is this a 48'' Viking, Udo? Think you're a Master Chef. Serious working galley.

Whatever it is is high end.

Thank you Lee!

Udo - 9-16-2023 at 10:26 AM

New image of garage now posted.

Udo - 9-28-2023 at 12:10 PM

:bounce:

AKgringo - 9-28-2023 at 03:19 PM

Does that mean it is sold?

Udo - 9-30-2023 at 07:45 AM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  

Does that mean it is sold?

No, not yet, but we have one appointment for next week!

Udo - 10-13-2023 at 03:55 PM

Can you believe it...still available!

Udo - 10-25-2023 at 12:46 PM

A prospective buyer is coming from Canada (I had no idea that Nomad was followed in Canada) next weekend!

Finally!