BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Looking for a La Paz rental Jan 2024
Suncoast

[*] posted on 12-22-2023 at 11:36 AM
Looking for a La Paz rental Jan 2024

We're heading down to the Baja the middle of January 2024 and are looking for a decent rental from around the 15-20 of January until the end of March 2024. We are 2 semi retired 50 somethings Canadians and our 13 year old quiet mellow Chihuahua named Boo. We're looking for something in El Centeniaro as our Daughters will be there for a week in January. We've never been to this part of Mexico before so are looking forward to exploring the area and will be bringing our mountain bikes as well. Hit us up with what you've got for rent budget wise we'd like to keep it under $1500.00cdn if possible all in per month. There doesn't seem to be too much traffic here but I thought I'd give it a shot. Have looked at Airbnb and VRBO but prices seem pretty steep and translation doesn't seem to work that well with some home owners. Thanks in advance for any tips or pointers.
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 12-22-2023 at 01:16 PM

the new La Paz has US level rental prices - for places that are below standard of US/Canada.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/296244021654420
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1289337844968585

Harald Pietschmann
Suncoast

[*] posted on 12-22-2023 at 02:01 PM

That's what I mean, are all the places that overpriced? or should we just wing it and try and find sooething when we arrive? We aren't looking for the Taj Mahal, we just want a fairly modern place that is secure and comfortable.
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-24-2023 at 01:29 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  
the new La Paz has US level rental prices - for places that are below standard of US/Canada.

Uhhh... you know any Mexicans paying those prices? :lol:

Long term rentals are in a totally different category than short term vacation rentals during the height of tourist season.

Where I live on the mainland, in a bustling little touristy town, there are two types of Mexican vacationers- the wealthy class, who arrive by car, do rent pricey places to stay, and eat out at nice restaurants, and the laboring class, who come by tour bus, go back to the bus at night and sleep in the seats, and buy groceries in the local markets and prepare their own meals.
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-24-2023 at 01:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  

Uhhh... you know any Mexicans paying those prices? :lol:

no, most PaceƱos pay a lot less - but their houses are not what we would consider rentable.

Harald Pietschmann
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-24-2023 at 01:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Suncoast  
That's what I mean, are all the places that overpriced? or should we just wing it and try and find sooething when we arrive? We aren't looking for the Taj Mahal, we just want a fairly modern place that is secure and comfortable.

what you are looking for is pricy.
airbnb is your best bet. You get detailed descriptions. You get informative pictures. And you are protected from nasty landlords.

Harald Pietschmann
JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-25-2023 at 12:45 PM

2024 prices are far above 2020 prices no matter where you look, but the rapid increases in Peso exchange rates have pushed prices in Baja up even more than elsewhere if you are comparing in USD. European prices on the other hand seem relatively cheap at present, and many of our friends are heading there instead lately as the values are better.

A century later and it's still just as applicable: Desiderata: http://mwkworks.com/desiderata.html
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 12-25-2023 at 01:25 PM

A short term rental is not something that has fit either my needs, or my budget, so I have never searched for one.

Is it possible to post a bid stating your desired accommodation and budget, then receive competing offers?

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-26-2023 at 09:10 AM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
A short term rental is not something that has fit either my needs, or my budget, so I have never searched for one.

Is it possible to post a bid stating your desired accommodation and budget, then receive competing offers?

Post a bid where?
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-26-2023 at 09:16 AM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  
Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  

Post a bid where?

here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1289337844968585

Harald Pietschmann

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.