Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Beaches By Los Barilles/La Ribera Area
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-17-2024 at 06:29 PM
Beaches By Los Barilles/La Ribera Area

Hello Nomads,

Mañana while I wait for some friends to arrive in San Jose Del Cabo I was thinking of cruising towards Los Bariiles/La Ribera area to kill some time at a beach. I've been over there and stayed at Los Frailes for a few weeks back in the day but this time I'm in a rental car and the owner says no dirt roads.

My question is do any of you know a cool spot to chill or something to do over there without driving down a dirt road?

Also, if anyone knows any cool events happening this weekend in Los Cabos area - feel free to shout it out. I'm not into the touristy stuff usually.

[Edited on 7-18-2024 by Ateo]
SunDevil
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-17-2024 at 07:47 PM

I like Lazy Daze Beach Bar in Los Barriles. It's on the beach and the food has always been good. I don't know of any other places on the beach like this in LB.

There are other beaches without services so let me know if that is what you are looking for.
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 7-17-2024 at 08:10 PM

I like Lazy Daze too, and I even bought one of their T-shirts last time I was there. You can get to it without driving on the beach, but the couple of blocks between there and the main road are not paved.

The turn off is just south of an RV park, which is before you would get to the arroyo.

With the prevailing south wind others are reporting, kite-boarding there ought to be going gangbusters!

[Edited on 7-18-2024 by AKgringo]

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-18-2024 at 09:59 PM

Thanks all. Skipped out but now I know for next time….which could be mañana!!
SunDevil
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2024 at 06:46 AM

If you would like something on the beach with a pool and restaurant you could call Hotel Palmas De Cortez and ask if they have day passes.
windgrrl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2024 at 07:51 AM

For places with food & drink.

Los Barriles:
Playa del Sol
https://vanwormerresorts.com/del-sol

Buena Vista
Snorkelling rocks and beach between Sunrise RV Park and public beach. Easy access from arroyo across PEMEX south of town.

Hotel Rancho Buena Vista
https://hotelranchobuenavista.com/

Spa Buena Vista
https://www.buenavistaresort.mx/en

Otherwise, beach is freely accessible by side roads, kayak and stand-up paddle board. Watch for free roaming quads.

When the way comes to an end, then change. Having changed, you pass through.
~ I-Ching
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2024 at 08:49 AM

You all are great! Thanks for your responses and recommendation. Headed over there today. Actually right now. Adios!
JDCanuck
Super Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 7-19-2024 at 09:29 AM

I've been at Los Barilles north end at La Playa both 2 years back and again a few months back. You will be surprised at the changes in only a couple years, some probably like them. Its become a big kite boarding area and trucks and quads freely driving up and down the beach. For a more interesting visit to a place between Cabo and Los Barilles, try out Miraflores, you might like it.

[Edited on 7-19-2024 by JDCanuck]

A century later and it's still just as applicable: Desiderata: http://mwkworks.com/desiderata.html
Purdyd
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2024 at 08:02 PM

The wind sport season runs December through March for Los Barriles.

Although you will find people there November thru April.

There is plenty of room on the beach.

It hasn’t changed much in the last couple of years if anything there are less people on the water during the windy season.

20 years ago it was rare to find much traffic on the beach, now there is a hard packed road so there is some traffic.

And there are more people in the area so more vehicles on the beach.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.