Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Anna's at Santispac
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 1-23-2006 at 07:16 AM
Anna's at Santispac

The new ownership at Anna's beach cafe at Santispac seems to be doing everything right so far. We had only ate there once before leaving last season, but so far this year we have eaten there 4 times and are impressed with the changes. It has a pleasant atmosphere and friendly staff.

The menu is more varied and we have ordered breakfasts, lunches, and dinners. The afternoon tostados are a great snack for me!..as are my other common favorites like burritos and fish/shrimp/scallop dinners.

There is a sports bar feel to the adjoining cantina with big TV's and all the games via satellite. GO SEAHAWKS!

The place boasts fishing/diving equipment for sale along with a few basic groceries and staples. All in all ...worth a try.

THEN there is famous Ramon's Carnitas every Saturday in Mulege. Who can resist these tasty morsels prepared by his son, Antonio? Enough...enjoy. Here, have a bite of mine......

[Edited on 1-23-2006 by Pompano]

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 1-23-2006 at 01:17 PM
I thought you were a fan.....

.....of Danny's carnitas in Mulege. What happened? :?:

Or are we talking about the same place? Between the old El Nido and Saul's?

Thanks for the review of Ana's, Pompano.....
Pompano
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-23-2006 at 01:56 PM
Same place, Hook...

It's just that I have always called the place Ramon's...opps..never even gave the sign a glance all these years. The cafe is actually the other direction from the closed El Nidos..just next door and at the little Y-park formed by the intersection of 2 one-way streets.

Ramon's son, Antonio, and his friend run the place now with help from Mom and other relatives...a family and friends affair.

Sadly, Ramon passed away a few years ago. He was a great smiler and always got a chuckle when I would come in and loudly ask for his 'mapache' carnitas. The Mexicans and Americans who could understand would get a shocked look on their faces! Antonio helps keep this little prank going today.

Here's Ramon. Keep chopping, my old friend.

JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-23-2006 at 01:58 PM

Theres a restaurant at santispac? now that sucks.
Santiago
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-23-2006 at 02:04 PM

I'm getting confused - did Hook mean "Doney's" instead of "Danny's"?
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 1-23-2006 at 02:05 PM

Jessie

Annas has been there at least 25 years, and we ate there the end of Dec. My wife had chicken enchiladas they were very good I had fish Mexicana did not care for the sauce at all.

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-23-2006 at 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by comitan
Jessie

Annas has been there at least 25 years, and we ate there the end of Dec. My wife had chicken enchiladas they were very good I had fish Mexicana did not care for the sauce at all.

Really? i never noticed, is it an actual restaurant or a little fondita? i would hate to see an actual restaurant on that beach,
Pompano
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-23-2006 at 02:12 PM
Flashback...

Jesse...hold on to your chair. I have to tell you that there has been a cafe at Santispac since the 70's. Started as a bakery of Sr. Osuna's, but he met his waterloo one night with a cow on the road to Mulege. After that it grew into Anna's Restaurant. Of course it burned a couple times..but it was rebuilt each time in short order. Nowadays it is fireproof....like Bart's Jungle Jim's Bar in Mulege!! Hah... Anyone know that story?

Pompano
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-23-2006 at 02:18 PM

Denny's - Doney's - Danny's....all cafes.

p.s. There are two (2) cafes now at Santispac. Progress.

[Edited on 1-23-2006 by Pompano]

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 1-23-2006 at 03:06 PM

nuthin wrong with bar/restaurants on santispac........been going to famous Rays place for YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Pompano
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-24-2006 at 08:49 AM

that is strange indeed...I am only seeing one of each??

Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 1-24-2006 at 10:06 AM
Two different places

Quote:
Originally posted by Santiago
I'm getting confused - did Hook mean "Doney's" instead of "Danny's"?

Doney's is on the right as you make the turn off hwy 1 and Danny's is in town at the location given by Pompano.
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-24-2006 at 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pompano
that is strange indeed...I am only seeing one of each??

10:18 AM Kalifornia time I am back to seeing one. I will delete above post referencing double vision to save valuable space on this board.

I want some carnitas!!!!!!!!!

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-24-2006 at 01:54 PM

Jesse....As mentioned Anna's has been there almost for ever and Ray's has been there since 1997 that I know of for sure.

The really ugly part was when a few years ago I was there and they had brought a whole carnaval in !!!! :O Was that a Zoo! Never, never again!
Pompano
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-24-2006 at 01:58 PM

Now,now Debra...that carnival has been stopping at Santispac since the road opened and allowed them to entertain the kiddos. Our kids around here get scant opportunities to ride ostriches and ferris wheels.

Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-24-2006 at 02:14 PM

Really, I didn't know that....interesting. The problem we had was it was Easter Week and it was packed! Mary Ann H. moved her chair (I'd advised her not to) while we went into town for lunch, and when we came back a tent was where her chair had been, about 3ins. from my tent. While I like a party as well as the next guy, blaring music all day and all night next to my sleeping head is not my idea of a great time. :o We did meet some really great people on that little stop over though. And Santispac is a great place, I will avoid it that week however.
Pompano
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-24-2006 at 02:41 PM

Right on...Easter!..we used to call it "Blue Tents"....Easter...whew. We spend almost a week cleaning up the beach south of us afterwards. Easter equates to Party-Time and nobody parties like the groups from TJ and Ensenada. Definetely not a time to seek solitude at any beach in Baja near a road.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.